Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream (21529 Views)

19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Wife Burns Husband's Official Documents In Lagos Over His Adulterous Acts / The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by supereagle(m): 6:18am On Mar 05, 2016
mekuyor:
The girl should just look for a good lawyer case closed.
Good suggestion. How would she raise money to pay the good lawyer.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by muller101(m): 6:18am On Mar 05, 2016
To get the money if she is the next of kin. She can go and acquire death certificate. Get a confirmation letter from the late dad's place of work Proceed to the judiciary for letter of administration and other documents needed by the judiciary.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by jadakiss213(m): 6:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Idydarling:
you're a blogger? ?? am sorry miss, but ur English is wack
Am Sorry miss.but u are so UGLY.

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ShakurM(m): 6:21am On Mar 05, 2016
kulekaa:
will heaven fall is she decides 2 sell d land on her own?
The odds are not in her favour
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by muller101(m): 6:21am On Mar 05, 2016
ladyF:
Your friend has been quite careless. How are you sure the brother hasn't cleared the account.

Opportunist uncle wanting to reap where he did not sow. I hate stories like this. He will die an untimely death and will watch from the pit of hell how his own children will suffer in the hands of other people. Some extended families are just nothing to write home about. They're just there for the money!!! Let me just hush before I will swear for the man's generation!!!
he can't clear the account. Except he was the late brother's next of kin.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by optimised: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2016
@OP let her not try to manage the properties herself she will have immediate or problems in the future. As a matter of fact, it can cost her life too. Ignore the idea of hiring lawyers or going to court probate to do administration of the estate herself.
There is a superior idea of using a independent Trustee. Please advise the girl to go to Ministry of Justice in her state. There is a department called Administrator General and Public Trustee. The will formally take over her late father's assets and manage and use the proceeds of income earned to help her complete her education smoothly until she is of age, they will legally enable her to take possession of the inheritance. This will equally wade off intruders from family. Unfortunately, the general public seems not to be aware of this services.
@ everybody: please if you are spiritually discerning enough, cases of a successful family member dying at the prime of life - with family members on standby to reap where they did not sow has more to it than it appears on the surface. I thought someone here could point out that the reasons mentioned are not the actual REASON why this girl parents died. HER PARENTS DIED SO THAT FAMILY MEMBERS CAN GRAB THE DECEASED ASSETS!!!!! Please prayerfully relate with family members. It is not uncommon here in Africa. May God give you understanding of what I am talking about.

3 Likes

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by 124mumsy: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2016
abeg no use the opportunity give the babe belle oh, if na guy man u for no free oh, meanwhile let her get a lawyer or find other sources to found her education so she can even get legal ground to fight without any body claiming they help her educational pursuit or demand ransum .......you also need to becarefull so the family does not attack you her helper watch out!!!
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:34am On Mar 05, 2016
ShakurM:
To the poster above, this is not about English

If I can guess right, she would be like 17+ in Ss3 and she's the only child..fastfoward to 2016 that's like 21years. Good. She's an adult.

Her dad has 3 brothers, she stays with the youngest and the wife of the youngest asked her if she has seen her period, what's up with that, this is Nigeria, hope nothing fetish is going on?

Who's referred to as DADDY? Is DADDY part of the 3 brothers? Clarify this Op

This is a big advantage since the land purchase is in her name but this advantage isn't the one she can keep with the kind of position she is.

Concrete shoes won't help in a river.

The wise thing to do would be to act the fool, show a lot of signs of obeisance, be extra polite and sign those documents to complete her education , they would probably sell it anyway with her presence or absence.

Don't lose your life over 6plots. Her glory isn't tied to it and let her remember people have had it worse than her. You are her pillar young man and she's your cross.

sorry sir but this is NOT a good advice. all she needs to do is to get a lawyer to collect the document from her uncle, get a death certificate and go to the bank and claim her parents money. finish! this is not even a case sef

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by supereagle(m): 6:36am On Mar 05, 2016
mekuyor:
The girl should just look for a good lawyer case closed.
Good suggestion. How would she raise money to pay the good lawyer?
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Dbisector(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2016
ShakurM:
To the poster above, this is not about English

If I can guess right, she would be like 17+ in Ss3 and she's the only child..fastfoward to 2016 that's like 21years. Good. She's an adult.

Her dad has 3 brothers, she stays with the youngest and the wife of the youngest asked her if she has seen her period, what's up with that, this is Nigeria, hope nothing fetish is going on?

Who's referred to as DADDY? Is DADDY part of the 3 brothers? Clarify this Op

This is a big advantage since the land purchase is in her name but this advantage isn't the one she can keep with the kind of position she is.

Concrete shoes won't help in a river.

The wise thing to do would be to act the fool, show a lot of signs of obeisance, be extra polite and sign those documents to complete her education , they would probably sell it anyway with her presence or absence.

Don't lose your life over 6plots. Her glory isn't tied to it and let her remember people have had it worse than her. You are her pillar young man and she's your cross.
what's the assurance they will help her after signing the documents and eventually selling the land
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by delishpot: 7:07am On Mar 05, 2016
Why sign the document to him when she can sell half of it and use all the cash herself? She should look for a human right lawyer to help her get back all what belongs to her late parents. Then she should stand on her own.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by danot1030: 7:11am On Mar 05, 2016
Op, if you still happens to read my post, that lady should never sign any document for those people. They never have her interest at heart, if she sign the document she face another level of victimisation and there could possibly be attempt against her life. She should just hold on for a while until she is able to handle legal battle, then involve a lawyer, she end find out that there are more her parents left behind that the family members are sitting on.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Olajoy: 7:13am On Mar 05, 2016
pls don't ever sign such document,and ensure u retrieve it from the so called elder brother. try get a lawyer fast fast
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by daniska3yaro(m): 7:25am On Mar 05, 2016
mikolo80:
Idydarling
you de mind am. person wen no know difference between I'm and am de point kettle black
lol,u bad oo
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2016
Idydarling:
Ugly tin
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by loomer: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2016
Sunnycliff:
All these greedy and Shylock relatives eeh, there matter na God go judge am!

But if they can beg the girl for two plots rather than six I think it won't be out of place for she to be able to complete her studies. #imo

Na mainly poverty dey make relatives dey behave like that.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by babyfaceafrica: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2016
rahman3853:
may u not witness this IJN, but watch how u make fun of ppl's predicament bro, its today u knw can't say tomorrow. Just a piece of advice, if u can't contribute, don't distribute nuisance.
is dat all?
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by tsamson(m): 7:34am On Mar 05, 2016
nairayouthcom:
Please nairalanders, please come to my aid, i have been watching this in a movie until it happen to my Girlfriend (coursemate)

Fast forward, this is how the story goes

This particular girl has been living with her family peacefully until 4years ago, she was in ss3 when her parents died in a gastic motor accident

Before her parents died, they acquired alot of properties down, her dad is a medical doctor while her mum is a trader, the family of her dad has just 3brothers which her dad made the 3brother, after that horrible incident the junior to her dad which is the last born of her dad family decided to be taking care of the girl which he packed from his own House to the girl parents House, the journey was voice smoothly until this year when a call came in through her phone, it was the wife of the man taking care of her, she asked her have she seen her period for the new month and she answer not yet time, she now told her to travel down home to pick a phone she bought for her, she told her she's not coming now that she will be coming when there is not better activities in school.....

Another call canme in and at this time it was the man who she used to refer to as DADDY, as at this time the man took time to explain to her that they Want to sell one of her Dad's properties which is located at the heart of Ondo State, this land is 6plots. The next day she jet down to Ondo to confirm what she heard on phone been the first time they will mention her dad properties to her hearing, the land was bought with her name which they cant sell with out her consent

When she reached Ondo they told her that her dad collected loan from Gtbank and the bank are disturbing them to pay back, as at this time, she asked them to tell her the location and they should show her the document of the properties, the worst part of it is that they shut her up with an excuse that she's a female and what does she Want to do with properties, as at this time the lady realised that she has been scammed by the so called DADDY AND MUM

She picked her phone and called the Man elder brother and in a twinkle of an eye he arrived the scene, the so called DADDY told his elder brother that there is no money to help him sponsoring the young girl education again, the elder brother asked the girl that should they sell the land while the girl asked them with a question that she Want to know how many property remain in her dad properties and the so called DADDY told her its remain only the 6plots, she asked them again atleast her dad is a working class person, she asked them to tell her how much remain in her dad account

They told her that her dad has an account with Gtbank and her dad next on kin is her mother that They are unable to touch the account

What the so call DADDY said make the elder brother angry and picked up the 6plots of land document and zoom off

Personally have been helping this lady finacially, am a blogger which i share with her my blog little income with her, as at now she's living in my own roof now cause her landlord is on her for House rent, No food nothing nothing, i decided to post this online cause i believe She shouldnt continue like this

NOW THE LADY NEEDS ALOT OF MONEY TO PAY IN SCHOOL AND THE SO CALLED DADDY SAID HE DIDNT HAVE HANDS IN HER EDUCATION AGAIN (should the young girl sign the document so that the so called daddy turn his better side of him to her to finish her education, she's in an health school in kwara State ? Or she should just forget about her education?)

TO THE BANKERS how can she get access to her dads (ACCOUNT) money

Please my fellow nairaLander she need your Advice

Abeg dont mind my English thats not my mother tongue

That's easy, the If her Mom is the next of kin to her dad! Then who who's the next of kin to her mum! The next of Kin to Her Mum an Claim the GTBank Money. As per the land stuff... How old is She, Let Her Get A Lawyer... Or atleast report to your state Ministry of Justice, Public Complaint Commission,
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by schumastic(m): 7:37am On Mar 05, 2016
ladyF:
You mean by the authority vested on you, right?
lol trouble maker, u can't walk and pass ba lol
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by repogirl(f): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2016
Dexema:
I remember a situation I encountered similar to what you said, when the man died his good friend entered his room got 4 nice tornado nails and a huge plank and "crucified" the mans wardrobe like it won't ever be opened again, this way when the family came around they just abandoned the wardrobe till after 7 days when the son came around. some people are still loyal even in death.
that's a great friend, they are very rare.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by AVVS(m): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2016
well lemme just write this. I don't know if it's gonna work... arrange how they're gonna leave the house first and rent out part/ the full house...... nah to selling of land
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by kullozone(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2016
Idydarling:

Chisos!!

See human being face oh!
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by fleczon(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2016
daniska3yaro:
Ur so immature,it doesn't hurt to correct somebody,nobody is perfect.
Pretty girls will try to do all their best to help the op and his friend of finding solution to their problem,the beautiful aspect of life is to help sum1 in need nt adding pains to his/her wound but ugly ladies that even photoshop can't hide their ugly face will just want to make somebody feel bad.
Helping someone is like paying off someone else's debt.

dont mind the idiot. she has nothing to contribute yet she was busy looking for grammar. fotoshop buffon

1 Like

Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by daniska3yaro(m): 8:11am On Mar 05, 2016
fleczon:

dont mind the idiot. she has nothing to contribute yet she was busy looking for grammar. fotoshop buffon
lol
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by fleczon(m): 8:11am On Mar 05, 2016
snailspeed:

The biggest problem we have in Nigeria is ignorance. Ignorance produces fear and fear will make things worse

1. Forget about the threat of leaving school because even if the girl signs the documents, the uncle will still not send her to school. He has already shown he is a dishonest person. The uncle has already shown he cannot be trusted and is only interested in getting money for himself

2. She should get a lawyer to act for her from here on and immediately report the matter to a child right or women's right group. She should not make the mistake of standing alone

3. She should not for one minute think those people care for her if the incident happened the way you have described it.

4. Even if there is no will, she can still have access to her father's money and property as long as she in the only child. Her father's brothers have no right to her father's money or property.

5. She should never sign any document to sell her fathers property. If she must sell the property, she should do it herself through an established estate agency like Jide Taiwo or whatever agency exist in Ondo state. They might make some good money from her but it doesnt matter as long as she also makes something reasonable for herself

6. She should go and report the matter to the ministry of youths and women affairs. The best way to fight cases like these is to bring it to the open. Never fight in secret and never be sentimental. She is already in a bad spot. She must stand up for herself

I get the feeling there are other things you didnt reveal on this thread but that is fine. The important thing at the end of the day is to get proper directions on what to do

my fear is they don't use diabolic means
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by daniska3yaro(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2016
kullozone:

Chisos!!
See human being face oh!
lol
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Amplitron: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2016
ProxyWill (https://www.ProxyWill.com) would have solved that girl's problem if only the parents were wise enough to take advantage of such easy service.

How can you be living in a place as dangerous a Nigeria and not have some sort of will to protect your loved ones?

Nigerians don't like thinking about death. They think once they write a will it is an invitation to death. Nothing further from the truth.
Writing a will is very simple except if your life is complicated (you know all those guys with lots of illegitimate children some who they know and some who they don't?).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wills_Act_1837
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_and_testament#Requirements_for_creation

You can easily self write your will (with or without a lawyer) and keep a copy securely on https://www.ProxyWill.com to guarantee automated delivery if it is ever needed by your loved ones.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by daniska3yaro(m): 8:14am On Mar 05, 2016
kullozone:

Chisos!!
See human being face oh!
lol
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by ikukuhero: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2016
nairayouthcom:
Please nairalanders, please come to my aid, i have been watching this in a movie until it happen to my Girlfriend (coursemate)

Fast forward, this is how the story goes

This particular girl has been living with her family peacefully until 4years ago, she was in ss3 when her parents died in a gastic motor accident

Before her parents died, they acquired alot of properties down, her dad is a medical doctor while her mum is a trader, the family of her dad has just 3brothers which her dad made the 3brother, after that horrible incident the junior to her dad which is the last born of her dad family decided to be taking care of the girl which he packed from his own House to the girl parents House, the journey was voice smoothly until this year when a call came in through her phone, it was the wife of the man taking care of her, she asked her have she seen her period for the new month and she answer not yet time, she now told her to travel down home to pick a phone she bought for her, she told her she's not coming now that she will be coming when there is not better activities in school.....

Another call canme in and at this time it was the man who she used to refer to as DADDY, as at this time the man took time to explain to her that they Want to sell one of her Dad's properties which is located at the heart of Ondo State, this land is 6plots. The next day she jet down to Ondo to confirm what she heard on phone been the first time they will mention her dad properties to her hearing, the land was bought with her name which they cant sell with out her consent

When she reached Ondo they told her that her dad collected loan from Gtbank and the bank are disturbing them to pay back, as at this time, she asked them to tell her the location and they should show her the document of the properties, the worst part of it is that they shut her up with an excuse that she's a female and what does she Want to do with properties, as at this time the lady realised that she has been scammed by the so called DADDY AND MUM

She picked her phone and called the Man elder brother and in a twinkle of an eye he arrived the scene, the so called DADDY told his elder brother that there is no money to help him sponsoring the young girl education again, the elder brother asked the girl that should they sell the land while the girl asked them with a question that she Want to know how many property remain in her dad properties and the so called DADDY told her its remain only the 6plots, she asked them again atleast her dad is a working class person, she asked them to tell her how much remain in her dad account

They told her that her dad has an account with Gtbank and her dad next on kin is her mother that They are unable to touch the account

What the so call DADDY said make the elder brother angry and picked up the 6plots of land document and zoom off

Personally have been helping this lady finacially, am a blogger which i share with her my blog little income with her, as at now she's living in my own roof now cause her landlord is on her for House rent, No food nothing nothing, i decided to post this online cause i believe She shouldnt continue like this

NOW THE LADY NEEDS ALOT OF MONEY TO PAY IN SCHOOL AND THE SO CALLED DADDY SAID HE DIDNT HAVE HANDS IN HER EDUCATION AGAIN (should the young girl sign the document so that the so called daddy turn his better side of him to her to finish her education, she's in an health school in kwara State ? Or she should just forget about her education?)

TO THE BANKERS how can she get access to her dads (ACCOUNT) money

Please my fellow nairaLander she need your Advice

Abeg dont mind my English thats not my mother tongue

Horrible writing. Very painful to read. My dear, work on your writing skills and diction. Replace your mobile phone games and music with a free online dictionary. I'm sorry if this hurts - truth hurts. Love you.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by urchbarbie(f): 8:21am On Mar 05, 2016
Truckpusher:
They will waste her before she will get a chance to act on that 'will' and they can raise more money to buy everyone that can stand for her - If I'm her boyfriend , I'll make sure that all the important people in that shameless house goes to 6 feet before they will lay a hand on those properties without her consent .
Don't trust a woman neither a man when you want to do high level manoeuvres - it's good to go solo. cool
yh ure right. they 'may' waste her, but why wld u decide to shed innocent blood cos of wealth that u can amass somehow I wonder how murderers sleep at night when an ord horror movie wld rob some ppl their night rest
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 05, 2016
Your English is so horrible,I wonder how you manage as a blogger you claim to be.
Re: [agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream by missjahiniekpe(f): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2016
Idydarling:
An apology was sent, did you not receive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Indonesian Family Finds Daughter Sweptaway In 2004 Tsunami / As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? / Megachem MD, Sam Ubachukwu, Buries His Mother In Style In Ichi, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.