Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? (1486 Views)

The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate / "Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB / Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
After reading what Thisday Newspaper reported on plans by some members of the PDP and APC to form another political party, i was shocked and perplexed, not for the fact that these shameless politicians want to regroup and pull a fast one on us just like APC did to us all, but for the fact that we the Nigerian youths, whom we have been giving the title of ''Leaders of Tomorrow'' will just sit and look at these greedy politicians mortgage our future for their selfish gains.

You and I know that an average nigerian politician has nothing to offer, just plain Lies and more lies..

it is on this premise that i suggest we the Nigerian Youths should rise up, through whatever means possible and say ''No'' to recycled old politicians who have nothing to offer aside lies and wanton corruption of our common wealth, and lets form a political party, against 2019.

lets take our destiny into our hands....... this said political party will be strictly for youths of 40 yrs and bellow. lets give these old politicians a run for their money come 2019..

enough of one chance goverment and politicians, its time we take the bull by the horn, its time we take the fight to them (albeit these old politicians). its time for a political rebirth...

Nigerian youths lets arise and take our destiny into our hands.......

2019 we should have a youth as president and the Legislature should be entirely made up of youths. lets send these old, greedy politicians packing............

ps: pls pardon my incoherrent writing, am not a writer. i just feel i shld share my thoughts. hope am on point.

#Shalom

2 Likes

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Juve4(m): 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Bros this idea has been ringing in my heart because the situation of Nija now requires fresh thinking.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by divinehand2003(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
I agree with you dear OP. The only problem is that the Nigerian youths are not united. There is no unity in our diversity. We still see ourselves from various states, ethnic groups, LGAs, or even religious beliefs.
In summary, a political party that will be formed by the Nigerian youths to protect their interests isn't in sight.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
divinehand2003:
I agree with you dear OP. The only problem is that the Nigerian youths are not united. There is no unity in our diversity. We still see ourselves from various states, ethnic groups, LGAs, or even religious beliefs.
In summary, a political party that will be formed by the Nigerian youths to protect their interests isn't in sight.

but why cant we make it happen? we can start working now and take back what belongs to us from this greedy politicians who dont care abt us. imagine the state of things now in Nigeria.... that wasnt what APC promised us. if we dont do something, we going to have a repeat of such in 2019. same old politicians in a new bottle. lets look for how we can be united irrespective of tribe or religions.

#NigeriaShallBeGreat
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Excellent7(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Op, your head dey correct!
I have been thinking the same way.
On my own I have decided that if I am in a position to vote, I will not be disposed to voting anyone that has reached retirement age in the civil service (i.e. 65 ).
Come 2019, for me anybody born before independence 1960) is not getting my vote for any elective office.
Let the sit behind and give "advice"
These guys have been using the youths and telling us we are the leaders of tomorrow but will not give the youths a chance.
They just use them during elections, and let them shout on each other over them on-line and offline.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Juve4:
Bros this idea has been ringing in my heart because the situation of Nija now requires fresh thinking.

bros its ringing in lots of heads. just that we are too scared to voice it out. we dont have the mind an average Arab has. we are lilly livered. we take whatever shiit that the govt throws at us and swallow it without complaining. we dont know what we deserve.

and these politicians know that, thats why they will always play a fast one on us when election is around the corner.

#TheyDontCare
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Our youths that support mediocrity?? Our youths that can't engage in arguments without resulting to abuses?? Our youths that have made merrybet and nairabet their new empowerment program? I can go on and on and on...

Most of the politicians we have today, we didn't import them, they grew here, schooled here, formed and developed most of their ideologies here.

Bottom line, the mindset of our youths is faulty and they might act worse than the old ones if the fundamentals are not taken care of.

3 Likes

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Excellent7:
Op, your head dey correct!
I have been thinking the same way.
On my own I have decided that if I am in a position to vote, I will not be disposed to voting anyone that has reached retirement age in the civil service (i.e. 65 ).
Come 2019, for me anybody born before independence 1960) is not getting my vote for any elective office.
Let the sit behind and give "advice"
These guys have been using the youths and telling us we are the leaders of tomorrow but will not give the youths a chance.
They just use them during elections, and let them shout on each other over them on-line and offline.

bros i really want to do something to salvage the future of Nigerian youths. i dont mind starting this movement. afterall Obama started it and people thought he cant succeed. we need to do something, else we are doomed.

i am tempted to travel out for greener pasture, but on a second thought, i asked myself, what if everybody runs away, who will salvage the country? time to act is now. we need to do something

1 Like

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Our youths that support mediocrity?? Our youths that can't engage in arguments without resulting to abuses?? Our youths that have made merrybet and nairabet their new empowerment program? I can go on and on and on...

Most of the politicians we have today, we didn't import them, they grew here, schooled here, formed and developed most of their ideologies here.

Bottom line, the mindset of our youths is faulty and they might act worse than the old ones if the fundamentals are not taken care of.

you havent proferred any solution to salvaging our destiny and future from these greedy politicians who only use and dump the youths when they please...

u cant blame the average nigerian youth that resort to betting to survive. its better than stealing or armed robbery. the country is messed up big time. no job, no light, no money, no future. yet one politician will ve billions of dollars in his account

enough is enough
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

you havent proferred any solution to salvaging our destiny and future from these greedy politicians who only use and dump the youths when they please...

u cant blame the average nigerian youth that resort to betting to survive. its better than stealing or armed robbery. the country is messed up big time. no job, no light, no money, no future. yet one politician will have billions of dollars in his account

enough is enough

Ooohhh, I did proffer a solution, our fundamentals and mind set needs to be examined.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Ooohhh, I did proffer a solution, our fundamentals and mind set needs to be examined.

so u are trying to tell me that all Nigerian youths are the same? pls tell me another lie... there are still the good ones out there. we cant all be the same. and BTW its just d few u have come across.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

so u are trying to tell me that all Nigerian youths are the same? pls tell me another lie... there are still the good ones out there. we cant all be the same. and BTW its just d few u have come across.

and there are no good old politicians
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:

and there are no good old politicians

the best we had was buhari. who else is better? and tell me how far has he gone with fixing nigeria? he just keeps reneging on his campaign promises. he was a mistake. and same will happen in 2019 if we dont do something

1 Like

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

the best we had was buhari. who else is better? and tell me how far has he gone with fixing nigeria? he just keeps reneging on his campaign promises. he was a mistake. and same will happen in 2019 if we dont do something

Go to the local government level, we have youths running them, and they are same of the same. If you like, go to Venus and form a political party, if the idealogies, institutions and fundamentals are wrong, we would be going round in circles like blind bats.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by dunlie: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Best post ever!!!!!.

1 Like

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by DankemzI(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
*** Nigerian Youth Alliance ***
Truth be told, even though we revolt against government demanding our rights.
It's still the old Cabal that will rule
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Excellent7(m): 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

bros i really want to do something to salvage the future of Nigerian youths. i dont mind starting this movement. afterall Obama started it and people thought he cant succeed. we need to do something, else we are doomed.

i am tempted to travel out for greener pasture, but on a second thought, i asked myself, what if everybody runs away, who will salvage the country? time to act is now. we need to do something

I support you.
However, if you have the opportunity to travel, I will encourage you to travel but not really for green pastures but for "green education", because it is freaking green in Nigeria only that the endemic challenges obscures it from many. Trust me, you need it to enhance your world view.
You can not compare one thing or one experience.
Being in Nigeria you know things are bad/wrong, being outside you get a fair idea of how bad it is and how it can be.
An efficient exploitation of these experiences will enable you believe more in yourself, set your priorities, calibrate and measure your progress, without waiting for "America".
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Excellent7(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
DankemzI:
*** Nigerian Youth Alliance ***
Truth be told, even though we revolt against government demanding our rights.
It's still the old Cabal that will rule

This is a fat lie!
Do not defeat yourself.
Purge yourself of the Stockholm syndrome.
Nobody is talking of revolt, we are talking of the youths launching themselves in the political firmament come 2019.
Ain't you tired of the same "gerontocrats" holding the youths captive in their own country?
Folks that started handling power in their 20's telling folks in their 20's, 30's and 40's now they are useless and not able, and should wait for a tomorrow that never comes.
“The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.”
The "cabal" or whatever it is have one vote each, and guess who do their dirty work; "the youths".19th century American abolitionist leader, Frederick Douglass
It will never be enough until you say it is enough.
See what Trump is doing in the GOP race, initially few took him serious, but now they are trying to put banana peels on his way and the guy keeps getting stronger.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by johnmartus(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Happy birthday long life.please my cake
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Go to the local government level, we have youths running them, and they are same of the same. If you like, go to Venus and form a political party, if the idealogies, institutions and fundamentals are wrong, we would be going round in circles like blind bats.

you are not a patriotic nigerian. u have clearly given up on this country. how can u tell me that out of 774 local govt, not one is been run well? pls tell me something else.

we have as much ability to do good as we have to do evil. its just the measures that need to be put in place to ensure every nigerian behaves appropriately
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
johnmartus:
Happy birthday long life.please my cake

Lol, thanks the cake is already in my stomach.

1 Like

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by johnmartus(m): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

Instead to call for youth to support this present Administration and warn them from falling to pdp trap you are thinking how to form new party.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Excellent7(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
opeaceo:

@opeaceo
I agree with you.
But you have to realise a lot of those young folks are under the control of "demigods" also known as "god fathers"
Your ability to perform in office is a function of your abilities and how you came to that office among other factors.
The fundamental issue is in the political process, poverty and lack of political education among the masses.
Until the masses are able to vote based on conviction and not monetary considerations the kind of people we need at a time like this will not present themselves for office.
You and I know that a hungry person will rarely be interested in planting iroko tree, cocoa that can guaranty the future, at best he will be interested in potatoes and maize.
These folks prefer it that way because it guarantees their hold on power.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
johnmartus:
Instead to call for youth to support this present government and warn them from falling to pdp trap you are thinking how to form new party.

how can you support a government that have renege on all its campaign promises? pls suggest another solution
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by olawalepopoola: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
I have proposed this before, it is a good idea. But there some major hurdles that must be crossed if it must come to fruition:
1. The most challenging issue is tribalism and nepotism. Will Yoruba youths ever allow an Igbo youth to become the party's leader. This is obvious even on NAIRALAND and other social media like facebook, twitter and the likes.
2. Will Nigerian youths not be bought with dollars. If you agree with me, we all know that an average Nigerian youth loves "Kudi", "Ego" and "Owo"
3. Thuggery
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Excellent7:

@opeaceo
I agree with you.
But you have to realise a lot of those young folks are under the control of "demigods" also known as "god fathers"
Your ability to perform in office is a function of your abilities and how you came to that office among other factors.
The fundamental issue is in the political process, poverty and lack of political education among the masses.
Until the masses are able to vote based on conviction and not monetary considerations the kind of people we need at a time like this will not present themselves for office.
You and I know that a hungry person will rarely be interested in planting iroko tree, cocoa that can guaranty the future, at best he will be interested in potatoes and maize.

@opeaceo here is ur perfect answer. nice one bro
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Excellent7:

@opeaceo
I agree with you.

I totally agree with you, if we don't fix the institutions, the process at which political offices are obtained, the manner of campaign, voters education and its likes, we would produce the same result, regardless of babies, youth or old men being in power, that's my stance.

1 Like

Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by sasquareT(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:
After reading what Thisday Newspaper reported on plans by some members of the PDP and APC to form another political party, i was shocked and perplexed, not for the fact that these shameless politicians want to regroup and pull a fast one on us just like APC did to us all, but for the fact that we the Nigerian youths, whom we have been giving the title of ''Leaders of Tomorrow'' will just sit and look at these greedy politicians mortgage our future for their selfish gains.

You and I know that an average nigerian politician has nothing to offer, just plain Lies and more lies..

it is on this premise that i suggest we the Nigerian Youths should rise up, through whatever means possible and say ''No'' to recycled old politicians who have nothing to offer aside lies and wanton corruption of our common wealth, and lets form a political party, against 2019.

lets take our destiny into our hands....... this said political party will be strictly for youths of 40 yrs and bellow. lets give these old politicians a run for their money come 2019..

enough of one chance goverment and politicians, its time we take the bull by the horn, its time we take the fight to them (albeit these old politicians). its time for a political rebirth...

Nigerian youths lets arise and take our destiny into our hands.......

2019 we should have a youth as president and the Legislature should be entirely made up of youths. lets send these old, greedy politicians packing............

ps: pls pardon my incoherrent writing, am not a writer. i just feel i shld share my thoughts. hope am on point.

#Shalom
Seconded.....
It tym to break the jinx of this old Men.
Yes we can if only we have the mean and how to go about it.mind you forming a political party require enof capital, but we still can.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by opeaceo: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
olawalepopoola:
I have proposed this before, it is a good idea. But there some major hurdles that must be crossed if it must come to fruition:
1. The most challenging issue is tribalism and nepotism. Will Yoruba youths ever allow an Igbo youth to become the party's leader. This is obvious even on NAIRALAND and other social media like facebook, twitter and the likes.
2. Will Nigerian youths not be bought with dollars. If you agree with me, we all know that an average Nigerian youth loves "Kudi", "Ego" and "Owo"
3. Thuggery

You've said it all, an example of this scenario plays on the fp of NL every single day.
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by ayusco85(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
sasquareT:

Seconded.....
It tym to break the jinx of this old Men.
Yes we can if only we have the mean and how to go about it.mind you forming a political party require enof capital, but we still can.

i like your spirit bro. where there is a will, there is a way. Yes we can
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by johnmartus(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
ayusco85:

how can you support a government that have renege on all its campaign promises? pls suggest another solution
The only solution i knew is for all to support this present administration like i said before because they have programmes for the youth also is unfair to start judge buhari in just a little month he took over the mantle of power
Re: I'snt It High Time The Nigerian Youths Come Together Form A Political Party? by Excellent7(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
johnmartus:
The only solution i knew is for all to support this present administration like i said before because they having programmes for the youth also is unfair to start judge buhari in just a little month he took over the mantle of power

Bros, Abeg shift!
Please come up with a better suggestion.
Which programmes do they have for the youth.
How many youths have been engaged or involved since the elections.
The youths will probably be remembered again just before the next elections.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Welcomed Warmly As He Lands In Adamawa State. Photos / Ogah’s Inauguration As Abia Governor Stalled due to Absence of Abia Chief Judge / Mohamed Shows How GEJ Killed Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.