Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive (1423 Views)

"Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / Can The Marriage Last? (disturbing Photo) / I Caught Her Cheating, Wedding In Two Months, Should I Go Ahead Out Of Pity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by HARRYzbrown(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
A female friend of mine came up with this question this evening and I have thought over it for some hours now still can't find an answer I need your answers and your reasons for it Thanks
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by ratchy: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2016
Did your friend still answer

Hmmmmm

Na end time people full this NL

Answer - CAPITAL NO
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by dailytori: 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
NO
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Akkord4gov: 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Capital no-NO
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Emmyk(m): 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Bloody No! undecided
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
NO! NOER!! NOEST!!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Flexherbal(m): 3:32am On Feb 29, 2016
No, but will care for her.

1 Like

Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by godsamist: 6:52am On Feb 29, 2016
Capital yes,kindly contact me through my profile and see God in action!
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by thorpido(m): 7:01am On Feb 29, 2016
Op,your fiancee or female friend kwa?
Both of you should go to a voluntary counselling center and do HIV test.
Your answer is there.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Miami11: 5:13pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yes I will,
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 4:01am On Mar 01, 2016
I would NOT go ahead with the marriage.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 01, 2016
Why am I seeing "No! Capital No! No Noer Nest?" aren't they humans? I see no curse with a HIV positive fellow or fiancée provided he or she is healthy and taking her meds religiously. She can deliver -HIV baby. The only reason why people will detest such people is because of ignorance. What is love if you can't stay by her/him? Please, run away from stigmatization. HIV is just like any other disease. The only difference is that the cure isn't yet available.

Let's show love to HIV victims.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 01, 2016
HenryDion:
Why am I seeing "No! Capital No! No Noer Nest?" aren't they humans? I see no curse with a HIV positive fellow or fiancée provided he or she is healthy and taking her meds religiously. She can deliver -HIV baby. The only reason why people will detest such people is because of ignorance. What is love if you can't stay by her/him? Please, run away from stigmatization. HIV is just like any other disease. The only difference is that the cure isn't yet available.

Let's show love to HIV victims.

You are applying way too much emotion here. Do you realise people have a choice? You're not here to bring others around to your way of thinking, your viewpoint. Simply state where you stand, no one should castigate you for your choice

The fact some people will NOT go ahead to marry a HIV+ partner does NOT mean they detest the said partner. And it does NOT mean they are ignorant, as you so succinctly put it. By assuming "detest" and "ignorance" here, you're not stating facts, you're merely making assumptions.

Personally, I would NOT go ahead to marry a HIV+ lady. Sure, there are drugs that could prevent HIV from developing into full-blown AIDS. Some HIV+ individuals can outlive HIV- people by a wide margin, agreed. But...I wouldn't have the time to ensure that my fiancée IS religiously taking her medication, as well as deal with other life affairs - looking after my children, taking care of business etc. Then add the precautions we would be required to take to ensure any conceived child is NOT infected, educating any existing children on the basic precautions THEY themselves need to take to remain HIV-.

You may consider me as cold and heartless, but it's my choice. I could NOT live a lifetime being cautious in day to day living, things we take for granted become uncertain, and dare I say it, complex. For some, all the above mentioned points are easy to cope with, and no big deal, and I commend them. It just isn't for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Siena:

You are applying way too much emotion here. Do you realise people have a choice? You're not here to bring others around to your way of thinking, your viewpoint. Simply state where you stand, no one should castigate you for your choice

The fact some people will NOT go ahead to marry a HIV+ partner does NOT mean they detest the said partner. And it does NOT mean they are ignorant, as you so succinctly put it. By assuming "detest" and "ignorance" here, you're not stating facts, you're merely making assumptions.

Personally, I would NOT go ahead to marry a HIV+ lady. Sure, there are drugs that could prevent HIV from developing into full-blown AIDS. Some HIV+ individuals can outlive HIV- people by a wide margin, agreed. But...I wouldn't have the time to ensure that my fiancée IS religiously taking her medication, as well as deal with other life affairs - looking after my children, taking care of business etc. Then add the precautions we would be required to take to ensure any conceived child is NOT infected, educating any existing children on the basic precautions THEY themselves need to take to remain HIV-.

You may consider me as cold and heartless, but it's my choice. I could NOT live a lifetime being cautious in day to day living, things we take for granted become uncertain, and dare I say it, complex. For some, all the above mentioned points are easy to cope with, and no big deal, and I commend them. It just isn't for me.

Did you typed all that for me? sorry, don't even have the time to read huge epistle. Have more enlightening books to read.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
HenryDion:

Did you typed all that for me? sorry, don't even have the time to read huge epistle. Have more enlightening books to read.

The standard statement of one who wants to be a dictator, and would rather not read viewpoints presented by others.

Go on, toddle off, and read your enlightening books elsewhere.

You may wish to get your tense's right though, if you intend to read any enlightening books. It's "type", not "typed".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
Siena:

The standard statement of one who wants to be a dictator, and would rather not read viewpoints presented by others.

Go on, toddle off, and read your enlightening books elsewhere.

You may wish to get your tense's right though, if you intend to read any enlightening books. It's "type", not "typed".

lol... thanks for the correction but my phone dictionary usually replace some words with suggested words. I might not notice without a careful scanning cause I type fast.

Besides, is tenses not tense's.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
HenryDion:

lol... thanks for the correction but my phone dictionary usually replace some words with suggested words. I might not notice without a careful scanning cause I type fast.

Besides, is tenses not tense's.

Thank you. "It's. wink

Now, go back and read my reasons for declining to marry a HIV+ woman, and respect them, even if you don't agree with them.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Siena:

Thank you. "It's. wink

Now, go back and read my reasons for declining to marry a HIV+ woman, and respect them, even if you don't agree with them.

Please, stop quoting me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion or angle of view.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
HenryDion:

Please, stop quoting me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion or angle of view.

Agreed. And we all stated our different opinions. However, you rudely dismissed mine, because it differed from yours. At least, I read yours, and respected it, even if I didn't agree.
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by BoiledHead(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lol this HenryDion na case
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by sexymoma(f): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2016
godsamist:
Capital yes,kindly contact me through my profile and see God in action!
Kaabo angry even Bible talk am Obedience is better than sacrifice shotigbo
Re: Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive by lesbiangirl(f): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
No o...ere ki laja n bekun shey tongue...my love no dey branch dt level

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Think I Will Ever Forgive My Mother / Marriage Fallacy: The Hypocrisy In Monogamy / What Happens When You Force Your Husband To A Night Prayer Gathering ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.