Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor (837 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Invited By Oscars Academy To Become Member / The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) / Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins An Oscar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by sonofthunder: 6:55am On Feb 29, 2016
Leonardo DiCaprio has finally won
his first Oscar for survival epic The
Revenant, after six nominations.
He was named best actor at the 88th
Academy Awards, with Brie Larson
named best actress Oscar for Room.
Spotlight took home the best picture
Oscar with Mad Max: Fury Road
picking up the most awards of the
night, with six accolades.
Mark Rylance won the best
supporting actor Oscar, with fellow
Briton Sam Smith winning best
original song.
Among the winners for Mad Max: Fury
Road - which had been nominated for
10 Oscars - was British designer
Jenny Beavan, for best costume
design.
The Revenant won three of the 12
awards it was nominated for.
Alejandro Inarritu won best director
and Emmanuel Lubezki won his third
Oscar for cinematography in a row,
having won in 2015 for Birdman and
2014 for Gravity.

DiCaprio received a standing ovation
as he picked up his award, having
had five acting nominations and one
nomination as producer of best
picture nominee Wolf of Wall Street.
He said making The Revenant was
"about man's relationship to the
natural world".
"Climate change is real - it is
happening right now," he said. "It is
the most urgent threat right now to
our entire species and we need to
work now.
"Let us not take this planet for
granted. I do not take tonight for
granted."
As he accepted his award, Inarritu
said it was a "great opportunity to
our generation to liberate ourselves
from all prejudice", saying the colour
of someone's skin should be "as
irrelevant as the length of their hair".

www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35670715

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, ishilove, riareos , UjSizzle,
prof800

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by THUGLIFE101(m): 6:55am On Feb 29, 2016
well deserved award

2 Likes

Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by divinehand2003(m): 7:08am On Feb 29, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Leonardo DiCaprio shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by dahmie2013: 7:29am On Feb 29, 2016
I'm d happiest person in the world today! cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by Connoisseur(m): 7:33am On Feb 29, 2016
Broke the jinx.
Honor truly deserved

2 Likes

Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by kobonaire(m): 7:45am On Feb 29, 2016
It's about time .... he has been waiting for recognition from the academy for over 20+ years despite so many great performances in various roles.
His acceptance speech was amazing, he is one intelligent and articulate individual. An excerpt:
"... Let us not take this planet for granted (reference to denial of global warming), I do not take this night for granted (his award)..."
Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by lloydpras: 8:40am On Feb 29, 2016
My Man! cool
Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by sonofthunder: 9:49am On Feb 29, 2016
kobonaire:
It's about time .... he has been waiting for recognition from the academy for over 20+ years despite so many great performances in various roles.
His acceptance speech was amazing, he is one intelligent and articulate individual. An excerpt:
"... Let us not take this planet for granted (reference to denial of global warming), I do not take this night for granted (his award)..."
your comment is spot on
mods I believe this is front page news.

3 Likes

Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by Favolly(f): 11:37am On Feb 29, 2016
Finally! A very well deserved one indeed smiley

Seriously, I learnt from Leo to always be the best that you can be regardless of the awards or recognition that you do not get for your hardwork. After movies like Wolf of wall street and even Titanic didn't get him duly recognised, Leo still kept his A-game on year in, year out.

I'm just inspired really.
Re: Oscars 2016: Leonardo Dicaprio Finally Wins Best Actor by WolvyX5: 3:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
Long overdue. Wonderful performance from a great actor. At some point I thought there was a conspiracy against him. Keep shining

(1) (Reply)

The Jungle Book 2016 Movie / Bbnaija: Did Tboss Drop Her Payporte Money And Left? See Photo / My Short Film Script: The Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.