Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know (3039 Views)

Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by justfarb2(f): 11:31am On Feb 29, 2016
A lot of my friends and readers ask me, if I'm having SEX right now or won't it affect the baby and so on. So i had to do some research even though am not having any issues with it but others that are scared can also
understand it like me and feel more comfortable.

Is it safe to have sex when I'm pregnant?
Most women who are having a normal pregnancy may continue to have sex right up until their water breaks or they go into labor. There are some circumstances, though, in which you may need to modify your activity or abstain from sex altogether for part or all of your pregnancy. Your midwife or doctor should let you know whether you have – or develop – any complications that make sex a no-go. If you're uncertain, ask your practitioner.
Does sex during pregnancy harm the baby?
No, a baby isn't hurt when a pregnant woman and her partner make love. The amniotic sac and the strong muscles of the uterus protect the baby, and the thick mucus plug that seals the cervix helps guard against infection. During intercourse, the penis doesn't go beyond the vagina, so it won't reach the baby.
Can having sex trigger labor?
No, not if you have a normal, low-risk pregnancy. Sexual stimulation or orgasm cannot start labor or cause a miscarriage. While orgasm may cause mild uterine contractions (as can nipple stimulation and the prostaglandins in semen), the contractions are generally temporary and harmless.
Will sex feel different now that I'm pregnant?
Many women report that sex feels different during pregnancy. Some find it more pleasurable, at least at times. Others may generally find it less so, for part or all of the pregnancy.
Increased blood flow to the pelvic area can cause engorgement of the genitals. The heightened sensation that results may add to your pleasure during sex. You may have more vaginal discharge or moistness, which could also be a plus.
On the other hand, you may not like how these changes feel and may find that genital engorgement gives you an uncomfortable feeling of fullness. And, as mentioned above, you may also feel some mild abdominal cramps or contractions during or immediately after intercourse or orgasm.
Your breasts may feel tingly, tender, and unusually sensitive to touch, particularly in the first trimester. The tenderness generally subsides, but your breasts may remain more sensitive. Some women will find this heightened sensitivity to be a turn-on, while others won't (and may even prefer that their breasts not be touched at all).
Let your partner know if anything feels uncomfortable, even if it's something you're used to doing together. If you find you're feeling turned on but not enjoying intercourse, consider other erotic activities, such as mutual pleasuring, MouthAction, or self-stimulation. Experiment and make adjustments as a couple to make sex relaxing and pleasurable for both of you.
Remember, too, that there's more to physical intimacy than sex. If you don't feel like having sex or your practitioner has advised you not to, you can still hug, kiss, and caress each other.
I've had a low sex drive since I got pregnant. Is this ........click link to finish reading http://www.abujahousewivesblog.com/2016/02/sex-during-pregnancy-everything-you.html
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by Kylekent59: 11:38am On Feb 29, 2016
Make I just comment. Happy leap month
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by LastProphet: 9:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
moment bump appears, sex is totally disgusting
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by isbish(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2016
This thread came right on time even though I googled it earlier. My wife is 5months pregnant. She actually had little complication in her first trimester with bleeding. Not profuse though, it stopped soon enough. At the hospital that same day early in the morning, the Doctor said she had a threatened abortion/miscarriage and for that reason, I was asked to abstain cry, i.e. give her a break for sometime and she should observe bed rest. However, I do have a very hardworking wife, she just wouldn't stop doing the house chores. She even ensures my clothes are washed and she irons them too; Hmm! very risky considering what she had been through. I have asked her to stop but naaaaaa, she would say ok but once am back from the office, she has done something to ensure the house is in order. Even when she has got her younger sis to help her, she wouldn't stop.

The Good news is that she is in her second trimester now. everything seem normal, the baby kicks often and guess what? cheesy we are back doing our thing normal again. She is happy and I am happy too. cheesy

Sex during pregnancy is not harmful at all, in fact, it is encouraged so long as both of you enjoy it during this period. I have heard it helps the woman have a less painful labour and delivery. Not sure though, but I believe it anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by justfarb2(f): 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2016
THANKS FOR THIS. IT DOESN'T HARM AT ALL
isbish:
This thread came right on time even though I googled it earlier. My wife is 5months pregnant. She actually had little complication in her first trimester with bleeding. Not profuse though, it stopped soon enough. At the hospital that same day early in the morning, the Doctor said she had a threatened abortion/miscarriage and for that reason, I was asked to abstain cry, i.e. give her a break for sometime and she should observe bed rest. However, I do have a very hardworking wife, she just wouldn't stop doing the house chores. She even ensures my clothes are washed and she irons them too; Hmm! very risky considering what she had been through. I have asked her to stop but naaaaaa, she would say ok but once am back from the office, she has done something to ensure the house is in order. Even when she has got her younger sis to help her, she wouldn't stop.

The Good news is that she is in her second trimester now. everything seem normal, the baby kicks often and guess what? cheesy we are back doing our thing normal again. She is happy and I am happy too. cheesy

Sex during pregnancy is not harmful at all, in fact, it is encouraged so long as both of you enjoy it during this period. I have heard it helps the woman have a less painful labour and delivery. Not sure though, but I believe it anyway.
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by justfarb2(f): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2016
NOT TO EVERY BODY, I HOPE OVER TIME, IT DOESN'T DISGUST YOU
LastProphet:
moment bump appears, sex is totally disgusting
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by justfarb2(f): 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2016
THANKS FOR COMMENTING
Kylekent59:
Make I just comment. Happy leap month
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by Mekus68: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
And I'm wondering...what about those men with looong dick, won't it cause problem in there?
Re: Sex During Pregnancy, Everything You Need To Know by justfarb2(f): 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
no it doesn't , there something that protect the baby while in the womb. will do more research on that
Mekus68:
And I'm wondering...what about those men with looong dick, won't it cause problem in there?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Married? / How Do You Manage Cranky Babies? / What Is That Disturbing Character You Want To Drop In 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.