Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,878 members, 7,841,296 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience (14928 Views)

11 Items Nigerians Should Have In Their Cars – FRSC / Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics) / ATTENTION! Beware Of Auction Frauds From The USA - My Personal Experience!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by homosapien(m): 10:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
AyamConfidence:
My story

my boss owns a truck we use for work...he has complete papers except LASRI....(whatever that means) well we were going to the factorx to buy materials...my boss was driving and as we were approaching a bend na so we jam the guys in white...boss first divert enter filling station and started looking for escape tactics...(smart guy) well he took the way he came and ran one way till we got to a diversion and then he enter street...i just dey shout JAGABAN... Over that same Lasri shii we have paid 11k before and the dude was determined not to pay a dime...he did the papers before but it got lost...if to say those guys catch us that day...na die we dey

To the best of my understanding, lasri is just like a driver's license issued by only Lagos State government. And it doesn't cost more than a thousand naira to collect, just that you have to spend the whole day.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by ableguy(m): 10:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
twoondei:
My papers expired since January 2015.

Gave one guy momey to help renew, he stopped picking my calls since.
It would have been a lovely thing if one could do it himselfbut by the time you see all the requirements, you just have to use am agent.

Same thing with renewing international passport. Many bottlenecks to encourage agents and touts.

I wonder why things have to be that rigorous

What are the requirements if one wants to renew license?
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by AyamConfidence(m): 10:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
homosapien:

To the best of my understanding, lasri is just like a driver's license issued by only Lagos State government. And it doesn't cost more than a thousand naira to collect, just that you have to spend the whole day.
yes o...my Oga ran away...he had done it before but our company driver lost it
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by mbhs139(m): 11:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
semitunde:

The funny thing is that even if you don't process your vehicle license for five years, whenever you're ready, they'll calculate the five years arrears for you. So in the end, if you add the amount you used to settle; you've only ended up cheating yourself.

Hey! Wait o! You don't mean it! So, how will they know how long I've own the car? Them be winch? I will tell them I just bought it from my neighbour. But seriously, I gat to the thing. It's becoming embarrassing.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Abbeyme: 11:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good Story

Let me quickly renew my insurance, at least the 5k third party. When pepper rest small, I'll revert to my Comprehensive stuff.

This is a hard lesson to learn o.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Abbeyme: 11:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good Story

Let me quickly renew my insurance, at least the 5k third. When pepper rest small, I'll revert to my Comprehensive stuff.

This is a hard lesson to learn o.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by semitunde: 11:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
mbhs139:

Hey! Wait o! You don't mean it! So, how will they know how long I've own the car? Them be winch? I will tell them I just bought it from my neighbour. But seriously, I gat to the thing. It's becoming embarrassing.

Even of you got it from someone else, they have a record of the last payment. Its just to click in your car plate number and your record comes up.

1 Like

Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by mbhs139(m): 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
semitunde:

Even of you got it from someone else, they have a record of the last payment. Its just to click in your car plate number and your record comes up.

Come, e come be like say you know this vehicle documentation thing pass anybody for here o. So, I wan do change of ownership, and all that, how much will it cost me? Including vehicle license? Then original driver license.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by SailorXY: 11:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
I roll any car I purchase the length & breath of Naija without registering shiit, unless I plan to use it for quite some time.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Hablad47(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2016
mbhs139:

Come, e come be like say you know this vehicle documentation thing pass anybody for here o. So, I wan do change of ownership, and all that, how much will it cost me? Including vehicle license? Then original driver license.

Change of Ownership and new vehicle license would cost you about #44,000 noting that a new number plate will be issued to you which is assumed to be your personal belonging. The existing number plate is a property of the previous car owner if you ask me.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by pattybf(f): 6:36am On Mar 01, 2016
mbhs139:

what u need is change of ownership n plate replacement. under this, all d car papers will come renewed in ur name. original driver license can be gotten in less than 24hrs. u may need to contact me for more info on this!
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by pattybf(f): 6:52am On Mar 01, 2016
ableguy:

renewing papers ve no requirement, just give us a copy of ur vehicle license n ur 3 renewable papers will be ready in few hrs.

1 Like

Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
mine was 2k fine for expired papers only to renew it for 4k

Lair which paper u dey talk about,it's either fake or u are lying.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by mbhs139(m): 10:04am On Mar 01, 2016
Hablad47:

Change of Ownership and new vehicle license would cost you about #44,000 noting that a new number plate will be issued to you which is assumed to be your personal belonging. The existing number plate is a property of the previous car owner if you ask me.

but someone said it is #22,000. In fact, he said I don't need to change the plate number. Anyway, I will keep this line open so that when I'm ready.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by semitunde: 10:22am On Mar 01, 2016
mbhs139:

I don't do licences bro. But I've been doing mine by myself for like seven yrs now.

Just go to any local govt office and ask that you want to do your vehicle licence. It shouldn't be difficult. Vehicle licence is like 15-20mins while driver's licence can take hrs-yrs depending on your ability to pay. Just make sure you go to the FRSC guys available there.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:26am On Mar 01, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
mine was 2k fine for expired papers only to renew it for 4k

Sure it was not VI0 that held you
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by guzan: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2016
ableguy:

From my experience, if you drive a commecial vehicle you must have LASRI.

Also, if you are a professional driver but drive a company car, you should have LASRI (not sure about this part though)

I hope i have gingered someone to update their vehicle documents by this experience of mine.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:46am On Mar 01, 2016
Infact I have once experienced VI0 impounding and I ttell u its not a nice experience @ all. Gave someone money to do my new car docs since Dec but D guy use my money do Xmas,I follow up without anger or voice raising until he manage do my change of ownership and plate no,I had to pay another money to do insurance,vehicle and road worthiness,just got bak fully onD road last friday,since b4 den na hding oh or no drving till 5pm
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by DEXTROVERT: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
taurusdude:

Lair which paper u dey talk about,it's either fake or u are lying.
I thought it was lie until he gave me vehicle licence, road worthiness
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
DEXTROVERT:

I thought it was lie until he gave me vehicle licence, road worthiness

Lol bro na fake e no dey data base
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Openatyn(m): 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
Advice pls, can any one inform me of the implication of driven a toks car cleared in cotonu with a federal govt agencies plate no without custom documents.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2016
GUZAN, I MUST COMEND YOU ON A WELL SAID STORY. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A RIGHTER AND AT THE SAME TIME, AM HAPPY U'VE LEARNT YOUR LESSONS.

FOR EVERY CAR OWNER OR DRIVER, ESPECIALLY ON LAGOS ROADS, IT IS IMPORTANT YOU ENSURE THAT YOUR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS ARE VALID/UP TO DATE.

AM HAPPY THAT MOST OF US NOW UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN IF WE DECIDE NOT TO RENEW OUR DOCUMENTS AND JUST SORT HERE AND THERE, WHEN EVER WE DECIDE TO RENEW, WE WILL STILL PAY AREAS ESPECIALLY FOR VEHICLE LICENSE.

WHY CHOOSE TO SORT, PANIC AND HIDE?
WHEN YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND DRIVE FREELY ON THE ROADS OF LAGOS.

RENEWING YOUR EXPIRED VEHICLE DOCUMENTS ONLY TAKES FEW HOURS IN MY OFFICE SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING OF USING DAYS TO RENEW THEIR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS OR EVEN TALKING OF BEING DUPED.

PROCESSING YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND OPTAINING YOUR TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE NOW TAKES AT MAX 24 WORKING HOURS.

WHILE GETTING YOUR PERMANENT DRIVER'S LICENSE TAKES AT LEAST 1 MONTH.

FOR THE MAN WHO DO NOT INTEND TO RENEW HIS EXPIRED VEHICLE DOCUMENTS BECAUSE YOU ARE CONSIDERING SELLING YOUR VEHICLE, YOU ONLY WANT TO CAUSE THE BUYER MORE EXPENSES BECAUSE THAT MEANS HE WILL PAY FOR UR AREAS, DO CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP, AND THEN REPLACEMENT OF REGISTRATION NO.

FOR THOSE THAT INTEND TO BUY NIGERIAN USED VEHICLE SOONER OR LATTER, ENSURE THE VEHICLE LICENSE ESPECIALLY IS RENEWED UP TO DATE IF NOT, CALCULATE THE EREAS AND DEDUCT WHATEVER AMOUNT IT SUMS TO FROM THE AGREED PRICE OF THE VEHICLE IF NOT, YOU WILL END UP PAYING FOR WHAT YOU DID NOT USE (EYE OPENER).

WHEN DEALING WITH ANY THING THAT HAS TO DO WITH YOUR VEHICLE DOCUMENTATIONS, TRY TO DEAL WITH THOSE THAT WORK WITH MOTTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION AGENCY (MVAA).

WHENCE YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE HANDED OVER TO YOU, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK FOR THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR DOCUMENTS.

HOW TO CHECK FOR AUTHENTICITY :

DRIVER'S LICENSE : THROUGH FRSC SITE.

PLATE NO: THROUGH FRSC SITE.

INSURANCE : THROUGH WWW.ASKNIID.ORG

FOR ANY MORE INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO YOUR VEHICLE DOCUMENTATIONS, OR OBTAINING YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE,
CALL OR WATSAPP NAT ON: 08030487887.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2016
@ GUZAN: I MUST COMEND YOU ON A WELL SAID STORY. YOU ARE SUPOSED TO BE A WRITER AND AM ALSO HAPPY THAT U'VE LEARNT UR LESSONS.

FOR CAR OWNERS AND DRIVERS ESPECIALLY ON LAGOS ROADS, ENSURE THAT YOUR VEHICLE DOCUMENTS AND UR DRIVER'S LICENSE ARE VALID AND UP TO DATE.

RENEWAL OF YOUR EXPIRED VEHICLE DOCUMENTS IN MY OFFICE TAKES ONLY A FEW HRS.

WHILE OBTAINING YOUR TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE TAKES AT MAX 24HRS AND D PERMANENT DRIVER'S LICENSE AT LEAST ONE MONTH.

WHY CHOOSE TO PANIC, HIDE, AND THEN FINALLY SORT HERE AND THERE WHEN U CAN DO D RIGHT THING AND DRIVE FREELY ON LAGOS ROADS .

FOR D MAN WHO DO NOT INTEND TO RENEW HIS EXPIRED VEHICLE DOCUMENTS because U WANT 2 SELL UR VEHICLE, U ONLY WANT TO INCURE MORE EXPENSES FOR UR VEHICLE BUYER AS HE WILL HAVE 2 RENEW UR AREAS.

FOR THOSE THAT INTEND TO BUY NIGERIAN USED VEHICLE SOONER OR LATTER, ENSURE D VEHICLE DOCUMENTS ARE UP TO DATE AND IF IT'S NOT, CALCULATE THE AREAS EXPECIALL THE VEHICLE LICENSE, SUM IT UP AND DEDUCT WHATEVER AMOUNT IT SUMS UP FROM THE AGREED PRICE OF THE VEHICLE IF NOT, U WILL END UP PAYING FOR WHAT YOU DID NOT USE. (EYE OPENER ).

TRY AND DEAL WITH THOSE THAT WORK WITH MOTTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION AGENCY (MVAA).

AND WHENCE YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE HANDED OVER TO YOU, CHECK FOR ITS AUTHENTICITY.

FOR ANY MORE INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO YOUR VEHICLE DOCUMENTATIONS,

CALL OR WATSAPP NAT ON 08030487887.
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2016
YunusObaje:
kai, all these people too like settlement.... 5k and above or you go reach their office

If you don't have any valid paper your ticket can be 80k or above,if you think the VI0 will collect bribe of 5k,then u need to experience them just for once,its hard for u to voluntarily want to part with 20 or 30k bribe on D spot,which is just about what youcan do to save ur ass,in my case it was road worthiness and Insurance that were expired and I tried bribing with 10k as my lincensing officer advice I do quickly but na lie dem no gree collect dimesaying they cannot collect bribes on D road as their bosses might just be passing by at the time,dat I should not worry dey won't book me and we should just go to their office and settle,as we enta deir compound o boy'I never knew dey have an expanse of land just beside Planet 1 @ maryland.

Anyway I mean dem no dey quick collect brbe as u think
Re: V.I.O and FRSC Palava...my personal experience by Taoade: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=abbeymighty post=43369808][/quote]pls am in Abuja and my car registration will expire this mounth and registration number is lagos. Pls is it possible to do it in Abuja and how can I process it in abuja

(1) (2) (Reply)

Front Wheel Drive Vs Rear Wheel Drive; Which Is Better? / Another Tesla Model S On Autopilot Crashes Into A Parked Fire Truck At 65 Mph / Branded Cars. What Are the Required Documents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.