Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,662 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are (4181 Views)

"Tompolo Flees To Libya, We Will Get Him Dead Or Alive" - Militants / Calabar Bombings: Those Calling For War Are Insincere / We Hope, Pray And Wish That Buhari Will Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Litmus: 12:55am On Mar 01, 2016
New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/libya-isis-hillary-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

The Libya GamblePart 2
A New
Libya, With
‘Very Little
Time Left’

By SCOTT SHANE and JO BECKER
FEB. 27, 2016

The fall of Col. Muammar
el-Qaddafi seemed to vindicate
Hillary Clinton. Then militias
refused to disarm, neighbors
fanned a civil war, and the
Islamic State found refuge.

Just look at what they did to Libya! How i wish that people who argue for war don't disappear when the repercussion of what they wish turns out disastrous. World leaders such as Nicolas Sarkozy, David "pudding-mouth" Cameron and Obama all live to bear the consequences of their actions but all the vocal political pundits and annoying civilians whose support for war emboldens the politicians always disappear. Do you guys recall the arguments before the West lunched their war of liberation against Qaddafi's Libya? No one would listen to those of us who, informed by Iraq, foresaw what would happen in Libya. I recall UK Libyans appearing on TV ranting that the war against Libya was necessary and that those that argued against it were either ignoramuses or traitors to the democratic aspirations of Libya. One Libyan woman ranted so much on LBC radio even to the extent of wailing and crying about her love for Sarkozy, Cameron and Obama, she was going to go to Libya herself and join the coalition against Qaddafi if her fellow exiled Libyan men were to cowardly. I was so angry listening to these people i nearly dashed my radio against the wall. Well, five years later, look at Libya. Where are all those ordinary people calling for war??

The same type of people are now calling for Biafra war. When people start dying -if such a war should occur - these types of people simply withdraw and become as anonymous as shadows. How i wish that statues be made of the most vocal advocates of war for posterity. How i wish such people are brought back to endures the shame.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by dikeigbo2(m): 1:14am On Mar 01, 2016
Wars has never done any body any good,......food for thought bro

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:15am On Mar 01, 2016
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:16am On Mar 01, 2016
No war.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by MrBLING(m): 1:48am On Mar 01, 2016
The difference between before and after is astounding

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by chriskosherbal(m): 2:03am On Mar 01, 2016
War is not the best solution to conflict.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Adonis3: 2:43am On Mar 01, 2016
the funny thing is most of the agitators weren't alive when the first war occurred

Hence don't know the grave impact it had

#Adonis3HasSopken

2 Likes

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Pavarottii(m): 4:19am On Mar 01, 2016
God bless GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Olarajee(m): 4:23am On Mar 01, 2016
That's the democracy dey go install g around the world. Democracy suvks!
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by OreMI22: 5:09am On Mar 01, 2016
Adonis3:
the funny thing is most of the agitators weren't alive when the first war occurred

Hence don't know the grave impact it had

#Adonis3HasSopken

Crap argument!
So you want them to remain quiet being treated as slaves in their own country and punished for a war fought by their grand fathers, so that the streets will look like flowers ? You are pathetic.
Nigeria is on course for certain collapse unless the idea that some people are more Nigerian citizens than others simply based on being born in a Hausa or fulani and muslim and the others are christians and non-fulani is thrown away once and for all.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by skademzy(m): 5:19am On Mar 01, 2016
The sight of war is bizzare. Its news scary... Only He who never experience war will claim to be a man... Always a loose-loose situation even to the victors.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by seunny4lif(m): 6:38am On Mar 01, 2016
Libya Libya Libya
The best country in whole Africa cry
From Sahba to Tripoli cry
My lovely city
God will be the judge cos life in Libya is one of the best life anyone which for cry

2 Likes

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by babyfaceafrica: 7:00am On Mar 01, 2016
seunny4lif:
Libya Libya Libya
The best country in whole Africa cry
From Sahba to Tripoli cry
My lovely city
God will be the judge cos life in Libya is one of the best life anyone which for cry
so true,war is never the answer,only kids would think like that.

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by seunny4lif(m): 7:03am On Mar 01, 2016
cry
I dey always shout for War before but what I experience in Libya during the war and after the war is too bad cry
Lost 4 friends cry
babyfaceafrica:
so true,war is never the answer,only kids would think like that.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by babyfaceafrica: 7:05am On Mar 01, 2016
seunny4lif:
cry
I dey always shout for War before but what I experience in Libya during the war and after the war is too bad cry
Lost 4 friends cry
sorry about that,I hope some oblong heads will learn...God bless us
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by efilefun(m): 7:09am On Mar 01, 2016
Pavarottii:
God bless GEJ!
Forget some hungry jobless youths take to the streets protesting for the release of Kanu, Nigerians will never go to war, an average Nigerian would prefer leaving nigeria and come back when everything is settled. Nigerians know the value of life and the fact that it's got no duplicate. If GEJ had held onto power he would have been fished out and dealt with. You lost an election and you were kicked out what's the brouhaha about it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by efilefun(m): 7:16am On Mar 01, 2016
OreMI22:

Crap argument!
So you want them to remain quiet being treated as slaves in their own country and punished for a war fought by their grand fathers, so that the streets will look like flowers ? You are pathetic.
Nigeria is on course for certain collapse unless the idea that some people are more Nigerian citizens than others simply based on being born in a Hausa or fulani and muslim and the others are christians and non-fulani is thrown away once and for all.
You can start the war in your hometown. Mind you the Hausas got population behind them, not because they are Muslims or anything, no political party had survived without their "population" put in good use. The same PDP your brothers laid down their lives for already zoned presidency to the north and last I checked SAS wasn't from the east either shows you all have been used and dumped by PDP

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by mu2sa2: 7:26am On Mar 01, 2016
In 1966 the igbo allowed a 27- year old spoiled "brat" to mislead them into a senseless war which resulted in the death of over 2 million of their brethren mainly from starvation. Fast forward to 2013-15 and a big chunk of the same people is being misled by a self-serving hoodlum to repeating the same debacle!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by BeClever: 7:38am On Mar 01, 2016
The story of Libya is well learnt but should also be considered by all of you who are proposing to kill all the Igbos...Using words like, If you do any how you see any how, if they do anything this time we shall kill them all, let them go and ask their father what happened in 1960, as if it wasn't their own fathers that were being completely wasted everyday like chicken in Chicken Republic with OGBUNIGWE the great BOMB that can kill 10 thousand in one twitch and so on...

Let me remind all of you that, if anyone On earth even in Heaven have told Gaddafi he would meet his fate in that manner, he would have caused the person to his early grave immediately..

Syria is another example.. .

So while the Igbos are learning and preparing their minds..

You who always praise Awolowo, Buhari, Obasanjo and all this Murderer as your Heros should also be preparing your own mind to avoid surprises.. .

A stitch in time, they say saves nine..

Thank u.

Oya.. Attack me.. ..Fool!
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2016
The drums of war spares no one,it consumes everything in sight.
In war,no winner,everybody is a loser.,i pity the IPOB,they want a repeat of history on thier land. No place can survive two civil wars.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by ultron(m): 7:58am On Mar 01, 2016
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
. -J. F. Kennedy.

1 Like

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by TechRev: 8:00am On Mar 01, 2016
OP, should show us the destruction in AGATU. Libya is very far now.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by TechRev: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2016
Yomieluv:
The drums of war spares no one,it consumes everything in sight.
In war,no winner,everybody is a loser.,i pity the IPOB,they want a repeat of history on thier land. No place can survive two civil wars.

My dear, if there is a repeat of civil war, dont be fooled it will be fought only in south east. It will be fought all over Nigeria and even outside Nigeria. Mark my words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by zendy: 8:23am On Mar 01, 2016
Litmus:
[b][size=12pt]New York

The same type of people are now calling for Biafra war. When people start dying -if such a war should occur - these types of people simply withdraw and become as anonymous as shadows. How i wish that statues be made of the most vocal advocates of war for posterity. How i wish such people are brought back to endures the shame.

Stop talking nonsense and start saying the truth. People fight wars for the same reason you see any two men fighting, the inability to reach a compromise. The question you should be asking is why some people cannot compromise? The Biafran war you are talking about was caused by Gowon. It was Gowon that went back on the agreement he signed in Aburi Ghana which sparked off the war. Even as at that, Ojukwu offered him a democratic way out via a referendum but he insisted on "we must all be one Nigeria". How can a reasonsble human being say that type of thing? The issue of the same Biafra is rearing its head again but instead of the Government engaging the elements agitating in dialogue, they have gone back to "we must all be one Nigeria" once again while killing unarmed people. How can peace reign in that type of situation? People don't fight wars for the fun of it, people fight wars because the alternative is slavery.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2016
ultron:
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
. -J. F. Kennedy.

Thats just the way it is
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2016
zendy:

Stop talking nonsense and start saying the truth. People fight wars for the same reason you see any two men fighting, the inability to reach a compromise. The question you should be asking is why some people cannot compromise? The Biafran war you are talking about was caused by Gowon. It was Gowon that went back on the agreement he signed in Aburi Ghana which sparked off the war. Even as at that, Ojukwu offered him a democratic way out via a referendum but he insisted on "we must all be one Nigeria". How can a reasonsble human being say that type of thing? The issue of the same Biafra is rearing its head again but instead of the Government engaging the elements agitating in dialogue, they have gone back to "we must all be one Nigeria" once again while killing unarmed people. How can peace reign in that type of situation? People don't fight wars for the fun of it, people fight wars because the alternative is slavery .

Word..
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by DaFlash: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2016
NATO= north atlantic terrorist organisation

ISIS= isreali secret intelligence service
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by chumakk: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2016
Some cloth don't fit some people but some people will try to force some people to wear it
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by sben2308(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2016
OreMI22:

Crap argument!

It's a crap argument abi,then it's obvious u r a stack illiterate with no reasoning.Check all d countries that has been to war who suffer the most ....YOUTH ,TEENAGERS AND LITTLE CHILDREN because their hope for a wonderful tomorrow is dashed off their heart. There are better ways to make changes happen without war been involved. So pls I beg u its not a crap argument but a good point this wonderful OP has pointed out.
Sorry for the insult,just that my blood is hot
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by americanigga(m): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2016
skademzy:
The sight of war is bizzare. Its news scary... Only He who never experience war will claim to be a man... Always a loose-loose situation even to the victors.

As for me I believe there are instances where war is very necessary inother to send a message. It is only foolish and weak people that are scared of war. War is like clearing a piece of land to plant crop, by the time you start harvesting it you will forget the labour.

Look at countries like America, Japan, China, Germany, British and Russia that took part in the second world war, can't you see how Developed they are now, inspite of their losses. It is because of the war. No matter what you loose in a war except everybody in the country is totally wiped out the people will rise again.

One reason people are scared of war is because of death "the fear of death" has made a lot of people to remain in captivity. Anyman that is afraid of death is already dead. Suffice it to say that I dont wish for war in Nigeria but if it is necessary we should embrass it.
Re: Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are by Biafrarep(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2016
At the end, the op made no sense. What has the IPOB agitation got to do with war in Libya? Did they carry arms against the state even in the face of mindless killing of its members by the zoo army?? Ipob is only asking for referendum to determine where people of SE & SS want to belong. What is so special about this contraption called Nigeria?? Ipob is asking for referendum & that they will get, the war you are advocating will be fought only in your own domain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Gov Wike Caught On Video Insulting Obaseki / One Of The Protesters In Jalingo Looted City Sign Post - Photo / APC Loses Majority As 12 Senators Submit Defection Letters To Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.