Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates (13228 Views)

JAMB Cancels 59,698 Results, 62,140 Candidates To Retake UTME / Oloyede Cancels UTME Mock With Text Message / JAMB Cancels The Selection Of Two Public Universities During 2017 Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Abimloaded(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2016
lanwrex:
What is this man saying i wrote my jamb yesterday.. I can say it anywhere .. Question 11-20.. D answers wre not dre.. D jamb representative sed we shouldn't attempt it... I ivn heard of them sending people low result only for dem to print and find out dey got way higher .. Jus lyk dey dd last year

Brother, I wrote mine yesterday also. The same thing happened all over the country...No11-20.
After an hour I received my score which is 172!
How come ? I asked myself that question.
this is not boasting, I know that's not my score... I should get. nothing less than 260.
All my friends who did theirs yesterday socred ; 157, 168 , 166, 207.

We're still believing it's a fake result sha...
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Davidblessing68(f): 11:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Many will say what they don't know or understand,
this JAMB of a thing will take time to reach it perfection
it neva possible to make change and it become perfect it take time

Many people will be thinking they official working in Jamb are fool thinking are not finding ways to make the exam credible to some extend but it yet to reach what they all have in mind

if changing the center will make the exam malpractices less free they should

Wish all those writing best of luck
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by airsaylongcon: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2016
Psalm18:
What exactly is wrong with this people

Must young people sacrifice for a multi million naira corporation. If jamb was a private sector organization heads will roll and they may close shop

America with all its technological competence and high speed broad band still has paper and pen version of its SAT exams. We have epileptic power supply, snail speed broadband and low computer literacy and we rush headlong into CBT jamb
This is grossly unfair. Pls keep bombarding both senators and house of rep to carry out their oversight function.

How about toefl? Isn't it completely CBT?
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Davidblessing68(f): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2016
Abimloaded:

Brother, I wrote mine yesterday also. The same thing happened all over the country...No11-20.
After an hour I received my score which is 172!
How come ? I asked myself that question.
this is not boasting, I know that's not my score... I should get. nothing less than 260.
All my friends who did theirs yesterday socred ; 157, 168 , 166, 207.

We're still believing it's a fake result sha...

This Jamb is really something else
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by nazoluv: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2016
For more information and assistance on those that have problem with there result and low grade call o8o34044763.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Psalm18: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2016
airsaylongcon:

How about toefl? Isn't it completely CBT?

It is but toefl is for foreign students seeking to enter usa who are citizens of non English speaking countries so the population is less than the millions of Nigerians takng jamb

In addition to all that, toefl centers are carefully choosen with rigorous testing done before exams.
I'm not agains CBT but NOT one Nigerian student should be made to suffer for imcompetence.
Some candidates complained that they left the venue at 6pm
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Psalm18: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2016
nazoluv:
For more information and assistance on those that have problem with there result and low grade call o8o34044763.

You are a fraud. Get lost!!
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by TOSINSESI: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
I support this Cbt exam but Jamb should Pls improve more on it and they should avoid using anyhow centres. I think lie Muhammed should be named after a diseases in Nigeria for lairs bcs the Jamb official denying it that questions are not missing needs to be taken care off. This is what I witnessed myself as onee of the Supervisors undecided.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by airsaylongcon: 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
Funny thing is a sizeable number of people on this thread were screaming for the biometric scanner to be used during the last election despite it been unproven technology (sorry I'm making this political Comparison). The truth is that while CBT is a proven technology, we lack the capacity to conduct such large scale test via CBT. But just like INEC went ahead with election despite a large number of people being disenfranchised, a lot of students are going to end up in tears with "this can never be my result"
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by airsaylongcon: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
TOSINSESI:
I support this Cbt exam but Jamb should Pls improve more on it and they should avoid using anyhow centres. I think lie Muhammed should be named after a diseases in Nigeria for lairs bcs the Jamb official denying it that questions are not missing needs to be taken care off. This is what I witnessed myself as onee of the Supervisors undecided.

Please can you clarify what you mean that questions are missing. Like they vanished from the computer? Or a subject (say mathematics) hasn't got any questions at all
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Dahveydson(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
The problem with is country is that good news rarely get reported, many have written and are writing this exam without any problem, but once a little flaw happens, the media gets it blown like it's a general problem.

Also, people who should know better with throw reason aside and spew illogical thoughts.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by airsaylongcon: 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Psalm18:

It is but toefl is for foreign students seeking to enter usa who are citizens of non English speaking countries so the population is less than the millions of Nigerians takng jamb

In addition to all that, toefl centers are carefully choosen with rigorous testing done before exams.
I'm not agains CBT but NOT one Nigerian student should be made to suffer for imcompetence.
Some candidates complained that they left the venue at 6pm

At the bolded toefl is written by a large number of people some of whom are foreign students. Several other non-students write toefl annually. The total worldwide population of toefl candidates is waaaaaaaaay more than JAMB.

The problem with JAMB is that they try do the entire thing within a short window whereas toefl is written year round. Also the useless infrastructure and poor connectivity worsens matters. But there is a way they can organise and coordinate this exam whereby the only inhibiting factor will be power.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Psalm18: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
airsaylongcon:

At the bolded toefl is written by a large number of people some of whom are foreign students. Several other non-students write toefl annually. The total worldwide population of toefl candidates is waaaaaaaaay more than JAMB.

The problem with JAMB is that they try do the entire thing within a short window whereas toefl is written year round. Also the useless infrastructure and poor connectivity worsens matters. But there is a way they can organise and coordinate this exam whereby the only inhibiting factor will be power.
I agree witrh you on power issue. The more reason pbt should be continued. Like I said not ONE candidate should suffer poor administrative duties of jamb.
We have a culture of blaming victims in this country. It has to change.
Finally toefl still has a pbt version.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Psalm18:
What exactly is wrong with this people

Must young people sacrifice for a multi million naira corporation. If jamb was a private sector organization heads will roll and they may close shop

America with all its technological competence and high speed broad band still has paper and pen version of its SAT exams. We have epileptic power supply, snail speed broadband and low computer literacy and we rush headlong into CBT jamb
This is grossly unfair. Pls keep bombarding both senators and house of rep to carry out their oversight function.

I stand with JAMB with this kind of exam so far it's going to discourage exam malpractices. Most students don't study again they only depend on fraud to get results.

I stand with JAMB
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by TOSINSESI: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
When I say missing, initially questions 11-20 will first disappear but when u close the browser and open it again it will reappear. It repeated itself today also
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by bashexyz: 11:52am On Mar 02, 2016
Na wa o.. nigerians youth sef.. any small thing its cancel or destroy. they never think of fixing.
So if they cancel jamb how tend should the candidates be tested..
And to those proposing CBT be cancelled. This is 21st century, CBT needs to be forced and not spoon-fed. If it were up to the youth they would rather not do any test, just enter university. yet they know nothing about computer. If by now as a youth you dont know how to do the basic things on a computer then you dont deserve to be in the university..

How to u search online for assignment?
How will you type your final yeat project?
How will be able to submit assignment online ?
How will u be able to make presentation ?

CBT has come to stay for good. If you dont want it, leave it. University is not by force.

And to those carrying rumor or added mark.. keep believing..
And to those who their english questions have no answer( question 11-20 or 17-20)... Just refresh the page and the answers will come out

Yes JAMB still needs to improve on service delivery. Based on complaints they will look into it and look for ways to themselves. They need your constructive critism not ur insults.
Re: JAMB Cancels Centres, Relocates Candidates by bashexyz: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
No question was missing. The only question which had challenge was Use of English ( question 11-20 or 1-20)

All you needed to do as a supervisor was close the browser and start the browser again...

Let the student log in. And the questions appear..

TOSINSESI:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emily Alemika: First Female Professor Of Law From Kogi State / Oba Of Benin Installed As Chancellor Of NOUN / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.