Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested (8780 Views)

Ideye: Nigeria Players Use Juju / Super Falcons Coach Invites 36 Players To Camp / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by matiltomd(f): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2009
This is hilarious, grin grin grin grin
they should have tested them Aghaowa (who claimed 24 about 3yrs ago),Kanu, Okocha e.t.c,
Lucky "boys" i must say!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Katokato: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2009
GOOD IDEA. But Nigerians, we r smart. hope dey wouldn't a way beating any test.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by lagoslife: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2009
This one will hurt some peeps, I hope they stay afloat.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Leyepeace: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
u all are assuming that NFA was not part of the age scam going on in our football all along.
There is no way age cheats would have been able to make it without the approval of NFA officials.
Remember the Abiodun Baruwa episode in 1996?Likewise Furo Iyenemin in 2000 and of recent Obafemi/NFA website age saga in 2005.

The truth is NFF needs to deliver trophies and the MRI scan thing is just to keep people from asking questions anymore. Its a waste of time and money.You generally know when a player is overaged from their history.e.g aghahowa claimed he was 17yrs old in Nigeria 99 and he was already a police corporal years before.Now that is the second rung in the police ladder.You dont need an MRI scan to know that he added a minimum of 7yrs to his age as you cant even enlist in the police force without being 18(i think).

Bottomline : the age Scam is Institutionalised.The MRI scan will yield no results
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by ikeyman00(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2009
[b]@@@@
kia this is good!!

who say naija no fit win anything with correct age?? na craze, younger they are, the stronger they will be, the better and solid the team will develop, the higer the profile, the more clubs look out for players from nigeria

but in a situation when taribo west was in eastner-europen club, claimin he was in his late 30s, it wasnt a good incite when the rest of this stupid team were ridiculin him, claimin he was in his 50s,

then comes uefa champion match with real madrid, fifa decided they gona scam his fufu bones, taribo went mad, oh shit this is racism, this is an insult, is it because im black hahhaha,oh this is funni nnnnnnnnnnnno

But just before  them his so called fellow team mates were havin a go at him, sayin there is no way real madrid is gona score when they see taribo 's face,that face will scare them off from scorin

but one thing we know for sure trez na age cheat, veron the same,rovado the same, etc

but we need to give our talented young boyz chance,

well thanks to the acedmy all over the country, any talented youngies should be lookin for excuses now!!

stand up and fight[/b]
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by ikeyman00(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
and for those babalawo fans out there

that seriously believe the MRI wouldnt detect jerk, hey if u are one of them players u better back a fu k out now

when fossil from monkeys years can still be evaluate to see when it existed, u dey there with ur self talk of flys
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by lekside44(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2009
what applies to one should apply to all.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by daramsont(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
being the peculiar that we are ,how are sure the so called MRI machine will not be 'nigerialised' if u know wat i mean.[img][/img] grin cool
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by kok(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2009
otukpo:

wahala dey for dem naija footballers ooooooo.
They wont like this at all.

And all the NL'ders wey dey claim under age lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Babybee(f): 8:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
@Topic

Its just jokes, I can't believe it unless it happens for real.
Trust Nigerians now, they will buy their way out of it.
Age test , grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Redman44(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
We just have to accept the reality at hand. Our practice of fielding overaged players has not helped us much. The casualties are just too much to bear. I'm not trying to pontificate or be a saint here. Most of us on this thread attended high or secondary schools in Nigeria. Most of our schools had football teams and we knew the school soccer stars back then. Inter-house Football competitions were also held in our schools. Not to talk of inter-class soccer tourneys some weeks to the end of each term. I am not saying other countries do not cheat in age-grade competitions but there must be a reason for Nigeria to have been singled out for accusations. Now lets look at some of the teams we fielded in cadet competitions in the past.

A. Saudi 89 U-20 team: We had players like Nduka Ugbade, Sam Elijah [ real egbon grin ], Mike Onyemachara, Christopher Nwosu , Christopher Ohenhen, Bawa Abdullahi, Peter Ogaba et al. The shocking thing is that none of Coach Tunde Disu's squad to Saudi Arabia apart from Mutiu Adepoju, played a part in the qualification matches for Italia 90 or even featured actively in Clemens Westerhof's fairy tale build-up to USA 94, except Nduka Ugbade who was used sparingly by Westerhof cry cry What happened to the rest of the boys. Some of them got clubs in Europe but soon faded into oblivion. Dimeju Lawal held a lot of promise but he soon faded away. A guy like Dimeji Lawal should have gone on to greater things. This is because less talented players like Luis Figo and Rui Costa went on to do great things for Portugal. Same thing with Hierro of Spain and Oleg Salenko of Russia who played in the same competition with our 'boys'.

B. Scotland 89 U-17 team: This team had lots of talented players like Segun Fetuga and Godwin Okpara and Victor Ikpeba, Many of the boys' chances to play in the U-20 competition in 1991 were crushed and destroyed when FIFA banned Nigeria for age discrepancies. Many of the members of the team to Scotland simply faded away. I heard some of them ended up as cab drivers and cleaners in Europe and Asia. Godwin Okpara and Victor Ikpeba made good progress. Victor Ikpeba was the sole survivor of that squad. He made it to the top in Nigerian colours. Godwin Okpara later featured for the Super Eagles at the tail end of his career. A rape and assault case ended his career decisively cry cry

C. Trinidad and Tobago 2001 U-17 team: This team was exciting to watch and had stars like Temile Omonigho, Victor Brown, Femi Opabunmi and a host of others. They crushed many teams in the competition and scored loads of goals. However, the team was full of aged guys. It was very glaring to Nigerian soccer fans these guys were older than they claimed. Femi Opabunmi was a shadow of himself when Onigbinde took him to Korea-Japan 2002 World Cup. Temile and Brown ended up playing for teams in Ukraine and Belarus. No one remembers them today.

I could go on and on. We need to go back to the basics. Lets hand the Golden Eaglet shirts to boys in the secondary school and Football Academy systems. Lets watch them grow up into World Class players. Our boys can win competitions in Europe and other parts of the world without much exposure. Football is about skills, stamina and team work. How old was Segun Odegbami when he started playing for the Green Eagles? He was very young then. Pele played his first game for Brazil's senior squad when he was barely 18. Same for Diego Maradona. WQe can rule the world with our youngsters. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by AloyEmeka9: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2009
Abeg make oyibo take their time oo.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2009
thank God, no more daddies on the field   grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by altidore(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2009
Age no dey play soccer, they should let them play, old age or not, soccer is different!
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by philip0906(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2009
altidore:

Age no dey play soccer, they should let them play, old age or not, soccer is different!
everyone beware of altidore.he might b our future " U-20" player. grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by neeyee(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
Good development!!!
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by deb(m): 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2009
You guys reminded me of segun Odegbami's article.
Metusela in Eaglet. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Beaf: 1:41am On Jul 18, 2009
The toad does not jump in daylight for no reason. UN must age test the boys. angry

9ja's arse was opened by the strange saga of Philip Osondu.
If you remember Osundu, he was of tiny stature, boyish; although his elbows and jawline were of manly proportions.

As it happens, some time after his exploits at FIFA U-16 World Championship, he was scouted for a bright career in Europe.

Europeans being what they are and wanting the most out of their investment, immediately commenced feeding Osondu beaf and beans. . . Various proteins. They pumped the "boy" with nutrients and vitamins, tried stretch exercises. . . Everything! Still the "child" refused to grow! shocked shocked shocked

Being a bit perplexed by this, the 14 year old was handed to doctors, who were immediately alarmed that he might have bone cancer. But on closer examination, it was discovered that his bone density was wrong. Out of curiousity, they age tested him. . . Test said 42! shocked shocked shocked

Being oyimbo, they felt something had to be wrong, so they sent for his passport, thinking they could look up his medical records on computer. The passport didn't look too right and sharp eyes soon noticed the Tip-Ex. Jesu! So they scraped the Tip-Ex off only to discover that the name on the passport was originally Musa Gwadabe. Thinking there must be an error somewhere, they sent for his birth certificate. Tip-Ex! The original name on the birth certificate was Wasiu Fadipe. Beans Burn!

That was the end of Osondu.

To show how oyimbo no de take their tin play, you can search for Osondu from now till tomorrow on FIFA's website (yes FIFA), no show! http://www.fifa.com/index.html
Search google for his picture no show. The only consolation is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship#Top_Goalscorers

9ja has learnt. No smoke without fire.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2009
Beaf:

The toad does not jump in daylight for no reason. UN must age test the boys. angry

If you remember Osundu, he was of tiny stature, boyish; although his elbows and jawline were of manly proportions.

As it happens, some time after his exploits at FIFA U-16 World Championship, he was scouted for a bright career in Europe.

Europeans being what they are and wanting the most out of their investment, immediately commenced feeding Osondu beaf and beans. . . Various proteins. They pumped the "boy" with nutrients and vitamins, tried stretch exercises. . . Everything! Still the "child" refused to grow! shocked shocked shocked

Being a bit perplexed by this, the 14 year old was handed to doctors, who were immediately alarmed that he might have bone cancer. But on closer examination, it was discovered that his bone density was wrong. Out of curiousity, they age tested him. . . Test said 42! shocked shocked shocked

Being oyimbo, they felt something had to be wrong, so they sent for his passport, thinking they could look up his medical records on computer. The passport didn't look too right and sharp eyes soon noticed the Tip-Ex. Jesu! So they scraped the Tip-Ex off only to discover that the name on the passport was originally Musa Gwadabe. Thinking there must be an error somewhere, they sent for his birth certificate. Tip-Ex! The original name on the birth certificate was Wasiu Fadipe. Beans Burn!

To show how oyimbo no de take their tin play, you can search for Osondu from now till tomorrow on FIFA's website (yes FIFA), no show! http://www.fifa.com/index.html
Search google for his picture no show. The only consolation is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship#Top_Goalscorers

Ol'boy for real? shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by philip0906(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2009
Beaf:

LMAO cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by debeginin(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2009
Companies, organizations e.t.c should deploy this technology in their recruitment excercise lolo.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by tentacle45: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2009
this is just an opportunity for younger Nigerian talented footballers to display. Even the white men are cheaters. Nigeria will always conquers the world in anyway I trust my country anytime. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by lexyman(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2009
Let them do d  bone scan ,possibly if there 's anything bether than 'MRI bone scan' they will all pass it cos  most of them looks younger than 17 in stature ,but 32 in real age,even their bone is  13years old ,

i beg leave these boys make them play wetin them fit play !
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2009
philip0906:

everyone beware of altidore.he might b our future " U-20" player. grin

hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy berra tell em nff boyz dat we have an age cheat we dey for nairaland. In three years time he would come claiming to be 16

Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Abeg make oyibo take their time oo.
so na oyinbo wey you dey blame berra get out of here. useless ppl age cheats
saxywale:

thank God, no more daddies on the field grin
abi oooo thank you. No mind dis ppl wey dey blame everyone under da sun.
sley4life:

I forgot a players name that had a daughter in the university and he plays for u20, i will post his name if i remember
hehehehehehehehehe shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy grin cheesy. Can u imagine metuselah playin for da eagles. If metuselah can play 4 da eagles my grand pa who is almost 100 to can play . Bloody cheats thunder fire all of una backside.
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2009
all of una wey dey complain berra shut up ooo grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy. Let me use atlanta 96 for an example. See em' players wey play for other teams ronaldo,rivaldo,carlos,crespo,cannavaro,nesta,buffon,ortega,ayala,zanetti,claudio lopez, pires,raul etc. The list dey too long dat i can go from today to tomorrow. Una no sey nigeria play pass of all them with kanu being da best player. Over 10 later they have all won either the worldcup,european championship,champions league or copa america and their carrers have all progressed while nigerians keep banging on about atlanta having not won any trophy since then. Make we hear word jor tongue tongue :Panybody wey dey complain carry em yansh go nff to be tested cuz we all know why u dey complain. wink cheesy grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Myluv1: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2009
chei! All dis thingz wey una dey yarn dey pain me o! cos I jst dey strategise on how man utd go tak sign moi as a 14yrs old youngster.
Abeg, any fifa agent around? Is 'ere any way things can be maneouvered u know now cry cry (Geez,i 4got i'm in Naija)
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by MrCrackles(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2009
My luv!:

chei! All dis thingz wey una dey yarn dey pain me o! cos I jst dey strategise on how man utd go tak sign moi as a 14yrs youngster.
Abeg, any fifa agent around? Is 'ere any way things can be maneouvered u know now cry cry (Geez,i 4got i'm in Naija)

Ur own don finish be that. . . . . grin
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by sley4life(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2009
This cant work except they bring their secondary school result or confirm from jamb or waec the period they took their o' level examination
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Myluv1: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ur own don finish be that. . . . . grin

Dey there dey hate.d tym u go begin watch me disgrace ur team while dorning d red jersey wit d devil's logo, na dat tym u go begin support me? I need ur support now!
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by Myluv1: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2009
@topic:
The coach berra begin to fall back to plan B(if there's any), not when they'll play for say 2 or 3 wrld cups,they become tired legs. sad
Officer aghawonder is a living(testimony lipsrsealed) suffering from goaldroughtincytis wink
Re: Nigeria Players To Be Age-Tested by chic2pimp(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2009
My luv!:

@topic:
[b]The coach berra begin to fall back to plan B(if there's any), not when they'll play for say 2 or 3 wrld cups,they become tired legs. sad[/b]Officer aghawonder is a living(testimony lipsrsealed) suffering from goaldroughtincytis wink
Abi ooooo. u can imagine even my grandpa fit play 3 worldcup no problem tongue tongue takless of these yong men or should i say metusellahs kai naija and their fraduent activities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Player, Michelle Alozie Meets Davido (Photos) / I'm Having Issues Withdrawing From My Bet9ja Account Please Help / Morocco Defeats Mali 2-0 To Retain African Nations Championship Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.