Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam (804 Views)

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Michaeli: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
I became a born again christian,many,many years ago  in secondary school. I have remained a dedicated christian since then,very active in church etc. My concerns are with Christian relationship with Muslims i particular. . . . .

Now we have always been preached to in Church & fellowship,that Muslims are evil ,Islam was secretely started by catholics etc,bottomline they are all bound for hell fire like atheists,sinners,catholics etc. shocked shocked shocked

While in the Uni,I got close to my muslim roommate & I found out that muslims also have similar beliefs i.e christians have missed 'the right path' & are headed for destruction.

However something happened while I was in Uni that made me start to rethink these religious differences- some cult boys were harrasing everyone & they advertised an initiation,do you know some guys from MSS(Muslim Students Society) organised themselves & stormed the initiation ground and the rest is history ,also I remember many years earlier while in secondary school,some muslim clerics had a serious clash with some idol worshipper ('Oro') in town.

So this got me thinking,if these muslims vehemently oppose cultism,idolatory like the Bible teaches christians,tho' their modus operandi may be different,also they (at least according to their Holy book)abhor pre-marital sex,adultery,stealing etc,why should I believe they are gong to hell I really think Islam & Christianity have MORE in common than differences. I am not in anyway thinking of becoming a Muslim,but I just feel we waste so much energy on really unnecessary fights that we could spare some more time to talk about those things that are common to both great faiths.

So this thread is for sharing thoughts on those things that are common to both faith ,no insults,pls. If you have nothing constructive to contribute,please pass. . .  .   smiley

To the Christian-we know you're better than the Muslim(in your own eyes) & to the Muslim,we know you're better than the Christian(in your own eyes),lets move on from there.

What do both faith say about Stealing,Fornication,Adultery,Idolatory,Occultism etc. . . .

Thank you.
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Abuzola(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
Thank God you have known the truth, in the U.S there is alot of misconception on Islam,
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by noetic2: 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
Michaeli:

What do both faith say about Stealing,Fornication,Adultery,Idolatory,Occultism etc. . . .
Thank you.

Stealing:

christianity asks that he be forgiven. if he is a christian, he makes restitution.
islam asks that he be amputated. . . .he has disgraced allah.

Fornication/adultery:

Its a sin in christianity. He is merciful enough to forgive.
why would u have to fornicate in islam? since u are allowed four wives, though mohammed married 11. u are also allowed to have temporary marriages. allah will also give u 72 virgins to shag for eternity. . . . there is absolutely no reason to fornicate in islam

Idolatry:

The bible condemns it in very strong terms.
Allah is largely known as a moon-god.
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Michaeli: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2009
hm m m m m sad
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Abuzola(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2009
@michel
now you believe the madness in noetic is showing

Mathew 5:29 'if your right eye causes you to sin pluck it out and throw it away, it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown to hell.

Mathew 5:30
and if ur right hand causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away, it is better that you lose one of your members than your whole body be thrown to hell'

who are the true followers of jesus ? Has any christian amputated or pluck ? ALLAHU Akbar

christians are worshipper of Ghost who they deemed holy
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Michaeli: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2009
Abuzola:

@michel
now you believe the madness in noetic is showing
Mathew 5:29 'if your right eye causes you to sin pluck it out and throw it away, it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown to hell.
Mathew 5:30
and if your right hand causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away, it is better that you lose one of your members than your whole body be thrown to hell'
who are the true followers of jesus ? Has any christian amputated or pluck ? ALLAHU Akbar
christians are worshipper of Ghost who they deemed holy
Your entire post is somewhat incoherent
Re: To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam by Abuzola(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
[b] Quran 4

117. They (all those who worship others than Allah) invoke nothing but female deities besides Him (Allah), and they invoke nothing but Shaitan (Satan), a persistent rebel!

118. Allah cursed him. And he [Shaitan (Satan)] said: "I will take an appointed portion of your slaves;

119. Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allah." And whoever takes Shaitan (Satan) as a Wali (protector or helper) instead of Allah, has surely suffered a manifest loss.

120. He [Shaitan (Satan)] makes promises to them, and arouses in them false desires; and Shaitan's (Satan) promises are nothing but deceptions.

121. The dwelling of such (people) is Hell, and they will find no way of escape from it.

122. But those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) and do deeds of righteousness, We shall admit them to the Gardens under which rivers flow (i.e. in Paradise) to dwell therein forever. Allah's Promise is the Truth, and whose words can be truer than those of Allah? (Of course, none).

123. It will not be in accordance with your desires (Muslims), nor those of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), whosoever works evil, will have the recompense thereof, and he will not find any protector or helper besides Allah.

124. And whoever does righteous good deeds, male or female, and is a true believer in the Oneness of Allah (Muslim), such will enter Paradise and not the least injustice, even to the size of a Naqira (speck on the back of a date-stone), will be done to them.

125. And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism); and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). And Allah did take Ibrahim (Abraham) as a Khalil (an intimate friend).

126. And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is Ever Encompassing all things.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Silent Monks Singing Halleluyah [video] / Waiting On God / Perilous Times And Perilous Men Are Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.