Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,042 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. (1381 Views)

Breaking: Little Children Swear To Restore Biafra Or Die In The Process - Video / "Biafra Or Death" Nnamdi Kanu Replies MEND And Their Ahithophel Team / BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
The biafra issue is yet to be resolved. Has the time not come? By "Ubaka Chukwuka Maximus"

As noble as Major Nzeogwu intention was, he is to be blamed for the state of Nigerian politics and economy. If he were alive today, he would agree with me that the January 1966 coup was a mistake as corruption, which it was meant to address, has grown from the political class to involve every strata of Nigeria society. Corruption is not the only demon bedeviling Nigeria. Ethnocentrism, hate speech, secession have become part of the mix. It was disheartening to hear the president ask the Igbos in a rhetorical manner about what they want. He listed Igbos from the South-South zone holding good positions in the government, as if a position in the government stops marginalization. Even a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction cannot restructure Nigeria without the input of the National Assembly which has the North in the majority. An Igbo president will not give the South-East an additional state without a nod from other regions. Igbos are the least employed in federal civil service, the military and paramilitary. The Awolowo policy of giving Igbos £20 for any amount in the bank irrespective of the size was a punitive act. This policy made the Igbo incapable of participating in the indigenization programme in 1972. That’s the marginalization Igbos are crying about, and not Amaechi or Kachikwu’s appointment. After the Civil War, the Igbos started life from the scratch. The three Rs of General Yakubu Gowon were a mere paper promise because the South-East and South-South regions need the three Rs now more than before. Emerging from the Civil War, the Igbo race had the challenge of survival. They had to take care of their families and society which the government has abandoned. Community development unions were formed in virtually all the Igbo communities. Such unions built schools, hospitals and at times roads from donations. People who did not contribute to the union purse were frowned at. This has created the “I-must-succeed” spirit, the desperation to impress the society. The Igbo man should be understood and not hated. They are not welcomed in the Nigerian politics. Nigerians from other regions look at the Igbo person with suspicion. Most are intimidated by the skill of the Igbo man in making money out of nothing. Nigerians from Igbo states are in the majority overseas because they have the least infrastructure. Inadequate social capital is not just an inconvenience to the residents but has significant long-term consequences and associated high costs for the community. It drives people away from their home. Granted, some of them are into illicit business, but most of them have made Nigeria proud. The unfortunate criminality statement of the president is seen in some quarters as a deliberate weapon to blockade the Igbos in a country where he is not needed. Nnamdi Kanu was not taken seriously prior to his arrest. Most Radio Biafra listeners viewed him more as an entertainer than a liberator. The president’s action of arresting and detaining Kanu can be likened to Achebe’s major character in the novel Things fall apart. Okonkwo made two unwise decisions because he didn’t want to be thought weak by his people. When a leader acts under self-induced fear or duress, he usually missteps. Radio Biafra did not renew the agitation for a sovereign Biafra. Rather, the detention of Nnamdi Kanu did. Nigerians should stop demonizing Biafra agitators and address the reason for the proposed divorce. Everyone wants a country that gives equal opportunities to every citizen, a government that prioritizes the lives of their citizen. A country with strong currency, a planned economy and focused leadership. The “Aba-made goods” trend was deliberately ignored because the government felt that encouraging the Igbo man is tantamount to encouraging the rise of Biafra. Innoson motors has the capacity of meeting the automobile needs of the country if supported, but the country prefers importing Toyota cars at the expense of limited foreign reserve. The Buhari government played the card of reviewing the second Niger bridge contract only to abandon it; yet, he wants the region to have faith in his government. Igbos are the most travelled in Nigeria but there are no international airports anywhere in the South-East. This country was structured in a way that everything begins and ends in Lagos. The North has Kano as the connecting centre while the rest regions are condemned to Lagos. There are many seaports in the country that are situated in Lagos, Calabar, Warri, Sapela, Port Harcourt and Onne, yet, the government deliberately underdeveloped these seaports just to make Lagos remain the centre of excellence or rather to block the chances of illegal importation of arms by the Igbos. The ghost of the Civil War is still hurting Nigeria. The obstinacy to remain in Onitsha or Aba to do business entails transporting containers of goods from Apapa wharf while incurring heavy transportation costs, risks of accident and embarrassment by security officers who want to be sorted. Prices of goods bear the brute, so goods in the South-East are costlier than goods in the South-West. Are you still asking what the Igbos want? Advocates of Biafra see it as a way out of the criminality image which the president ascribed to the country. Igbos want to detach themselves from the hate, corruption, “planless plan” of the government to a carefully planned Biafra Republic. The proposed country, according to them, will learn from the mistakes of Nigeria to forge a better cohesion among the different interest groups. Igbo youths who are at the bottom of the economic ladder see Biafra as a way out of deprivation, poverty and lack. This explains why the majority of the IPOB members are deprived youths. More progressive Nigerians see Biafra as a fight for justice and equity. Moreover, as nothing is certain, we still have hope that Nigeria will get it right only when it is structured on the part of justice and fair play. Unfortunately, forces against restructuring are mightier than forces for restructuring. The Biafra they seek will not be made up of people from another planet but same Nigerians with the same content albeit a different container. Nigerians from the South-South and South-East regions are faced with the dilemma of sticking with the devil they know and welcoming an angel they don’t know. Igbos are not immune to corruption, neither are they clean of hatred for minor groups. Thus, it is risky for us to gamble with the issue of Biafra because no one wants to leave the frying pan for the fire. We are begging the government to show the Igbos a reason to remain in this marriage before Nigeria becomes another Syria story in Africa

NAIJ.COM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by seunny4lif(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
sad
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by cheruv: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
Devi n'abu oma 121 juru
"Dikam naele anya n'ugwu,ole ebe inyeakam gaesi abia Ee,inyeakam gaeši n'aka Adonai,onye kere elīgwe na uwa smiley

Inyeaka ndi Igbo agaghi eši n'aka naijiria abia...o gaghikwa esi n'aka afo,eke,nkwo maobu orie abia. Inyeaka anyi gaeši n'aka Chukwu Okike, nihi na o bu ya kere ihnye nīle

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by 9ja4show: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
I am not igbo but i agree with most of the points mentioned , the Lagos concentration is too much , everything must come from Lagos , that's the reason the city is overpopulated and almost not a liveable city.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by funlord(m): 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
grin

I grew up in a united country and I also intend to die in one!

_FUCK BIAFRA and your olosho loving ape of a leader a.k.a kanu the coward!

Naija 4 life!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Sctests: 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Any country free from the primitive almajiris will be on the match to greatness. When everyone else wants to go forward, they almajiri wants to drag us backwards. The army is poor because quota system superceeds merit, they drag down literacy level, Socio-economic index and parasitize on the south and steal people's daughters to convert and rape as enshrined in their sharia law. A country free from these jackasses will be fit for human inhabitation and i mean real humans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by 9ja4show: 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
funlord:
grin

My friend shut up

Naija 4 life!
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by 9ja4show: 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
funlord:
grin

Naija 4 life!

My friend shut up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by xmich(m): 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ka Chukwu Okike Abiama gozie aka dere nka na ihe n' odere ka nwa nyujuru mmiri ara afo.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Dmillionaire: 7:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
I grew up in an un-united country, I wish be known and address as a biafran.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Nature8(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
You just said it all bro..

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by funlord(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
grin
9ja4show:

My friend shut up

Normally I don't even bother to reply confused lazy ipob swine such as yourself but its been a while since i decapitated _stupid, misled, _sperm drinking teenage fools like you!

Now if you are pained? And are also ready to be made an example of, quote me with your vapid and senseless retort to this reply I have given you! And you will learn the meaning of a "vitriol shower"!

Hopeless descendant of a cursed demon!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by 9ja4show: 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
funlord:
grin

Normally I don't even bother to reply confused lazy ipob swine such as yourself but its been a while since i decapitated _stupid, misled, _sperm drinking teenage fools like you!

Now if you are pained? And are also ready to be made an example of, quote me with your vapid and senseless retort to this reply I have given you! And you will learn the meaning of a "vitriol shower"!

You hopeless idiot , who told you am ipob? Your father must have traded your sense for salt from your co-tenant.

Your foolishness is certified.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by 9ja4show: 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
If you feel cheated or marginalized ? Speak out, its your freedom to do so; we all know how Hausas has hijacked all the head of government offices in this country.

I am not igbo or ipob , I support one NIgeria but alot of issues has been addressed in this country.

We are stronger together ; that idea alone mAkes us the giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Sctests: 8:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
funlord:
grin

Are Biafrans asking you not to remain nigerian? Can't you be nigerian while they remain Biafrans in peace?

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by TheEclectic: 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
I belong to BIAFRA 110%!!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by IPOB123london: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2016
should they some of these miscreant from lagos have tiny brain

we dnt!

during the african cup of nation

the first and second group matches for super eagles wasnt okay

the yorubas were chanting as always on top of their fraudish voice

they even went as far to say the team is not Nigerian and it is B . . . . team

but knowing yoruba people that talk from both side of their mouth went ahead to celebrate when super eagles won

so the question should be really; are u a monkey or a baboon as u cannot be both

what a country; oh yea Tunde before i forgot look out for your little sista before the caliphate from kano kidnap her

mad people ; oh yea go on and i say; i love your kontury nijieria

kia kai

anyway we are going! ohaneze time to seek for asylum lipsrsealed
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
9ja4show:
If you feel cheated or marginalized ? Speak out, its your freedom to do so; we all know how Hausas has hijacked all the head of government offices in this country.

I am not igbo or ipob , I support one NIgeria but alot of issues has been addressed in this country.

We are stronger together ; that idea alone mAkes us the giant of Africa

That giant has fallen like Goliath.... and we know whose behind its destruction, illiteracy and partiality wont allow it to rise again... just allow us to go in peace, there has been too much bloodshed already.....

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Masterclass32: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
Igbo, your full restoration to glory is just by the corner. Tarry a little longer. Keep the faith.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nigeria has no hope of survival, look at what is happening in Agatu Benue state . Anybody waiting or praying for better Nigeria is wasting his time . Only a matter of time and people will be forced to go their way. Nigeria is just like a mixture of petrol and water that cannot be useful.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dmillionaire:
I grew up in an un-united country, I wish be known and address as a biafran.
Not gonna happen my friend. You must remain a fellow co-traveller with us in this zoo all the days of your life
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by tanteta(m): 5:30am On Mar 02, 2016
Nigeria has almost reach her end as tripod state. The case between Nigeria and BIAFRA, has become as the the case between the minor girl Ese and her adoptor yunisa or the Emir of kano. With the international community, IM, EU, APC, US as Arase(IGP) but who will be the MEDIA in this case.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by mightyhaze: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2016
9ja4show:

You hopeless idiot , who told you am ipob? Your father must have traded your sense for salt from your co-tenant.

Your foolishness is certified.
. Bloody murder!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by chinae(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2016
well spoken, if you read this piece and still believe that Biafra is politically motivated, you will need to stop strumming your finger nail, after two weeks come back and read this piece again and see if two weeks is enough to regain your trimmed sense.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by pagegrammonline: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2016
+Join pagegramm.com, to promote your Businesses, Brands, Products, Services, Events, Website, Blog, Books etc. And its FREE
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by YungBosco: 9:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Funlord u so childish like.wonder ur age.tho age doesnt suit attitude most tyms.wonder ur mentality level
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by ultron(m): 10:36am On Mar 02, 2016
funlord:
grin

Naija 4 life!
Biafra or not,which united country? Open your eyes boy.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria-- Where Do You Belong. by chinae(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2016
well spoken, any one that read this piece and still believe that Biafra is politically motivated, will need to stop trimming his/her finger nail, after two weeks come back and read this piece again and see if two weeks is enough to regain your trimmed sense.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Bukola Saraki Case To Be Discontinue. / Who Is Fooling Who In Ekiti? See Why (pictures) / 30 States Shun NLC Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.