Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors (19484 Views)

Why Nigerian Tailors Will Not 'make Heaven' / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / 16 Pictures That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Hate Their Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Vodkka(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Dem will even sell som part of ur clothes
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by lilstaurt(m): 8:39am On Mar 02, 2016
That moment when they make mistake on ur wedding suit....but nothing pass african tailors
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by ElPere(m): 8:42am On Mar 02, 2016
Omg!!! Tailors can lie for Africa!!! shocked shocked

They'll assure you your cloth is ready for collection that you should start coming, meanwhile them never even cut am sef.. I fear them angry
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by don4real18(m): 8:44am On Mar 02, 2016
Patronise me and you wouldn't have cause to complain... Though i'm presently in Calabar for my youth service
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by jashar(f): 8:46am On Mar 02, 2016
grin grin cheesy

And my tailor is not like that ooo... she will even be calling you with progress report like, 'aunty, you dey house? Abeg come check this material wey I wan add whether you go like am'. grin

Once the cloth is ready, she also calls.

Shout out to 'bendel lady' @ Mowe. kiss

Ehen, which one is 'Kanye West' behaviour again?

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by TeamSimple(m): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2016
When they know you coming,they keep so many 'unsewed' cloths around them just to make it look they busy.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by jackima: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2016
It is all over with tailors.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by iamdynamite(m): 8:52am On Mar 02, 2016
SunnyBlaze1:
You give them suit material for your wedding, you ge cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :Dt this.... grin
i cant stop laughing cheesy everybody just they look me for office.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2016
Not all Nigerians hate tailors neither do all patronize them. As a matter of fact there are numerous tailors looking for customers on a daily basis .
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by chubbygal(f): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2016
grin

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by waltrico: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2016
That's ur own tailor. He only knws u as his customer for cut and join.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Hamatrony(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2016
johnwizey:
Dey will use ankara to sow suit 4 u

This isn't hate naa! It pure "creativity" cheesy
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by tatucci: 9:00am On Mar 02, 2016
lol @ "...slimfit with sense."
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by blazer234: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2016
Flame4chi:
1. They are always unpredictable
2. They are too cost
3. They are never straightforward
4. Your cloth is not always on time
5. They can’t copy well
6. They would teach you patience
7. They can’t slim fit with sense
8. They cant be truusted
9. That special look they give you
10. Kanye West behaviour
Add yours...

The bolded is vomitus-inducing
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by ElPere(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2016
chubbygal:
grin

grin Oga Thomas!!!
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2016
They try to touch u up n down angry the male ones anyway angry
Go they take time the measure chest area , hip area, ..... Fact
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Jfast: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2016
That is kworuption
lonelydora:
Op try an Aba Tailor. Yes, your clothes won't be ready as discussed but they will give you what you want.

My wedding suit was made in Aba but my colleagues were asking where I imported it from. I have to start saying Dubai because it was as if it was imported

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2016
chubbygal:
grin
I mean i can't ..... shocked
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2016
Flame4chi:
1. They are always unpredictable 2. They are too cost 3. They are never straightforward 4. Your cloth is not always on time 5. They can’t copy well 6. They would teach you patience 7. They can’t slim fit with sense 8. They cant be truusted 9. That special look they give you 10. Kanye West behaviour Add yours...
No. 5 is so true.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2016
iamdynamite:
i cant stop laughing cheesy everybody just they look me for office.

grin
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Jobig(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2016
Am into fashion n Designer,i reside in owerri north in Imo state 08037593918
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Doubleagent008(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2016
eitsei:
With all your listed factors I think you patronize local tailors
you patronize international tailor ba? una don dey start dey go be that.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by chigoizie7(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2016
Flame4chi:
1. They are always unpredictable
2. They are too cost
3. They are never straightforward
4. Your cloth is not always on time
5. They can’t copy well
6. They would teach you patience
7. They can’t slim fit with sense
8. They cant be truusted
9. That special look they give you
10. Kanye West behaviour
Add yours...

You have not actually met a tailor.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Doubleagent008(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2016
BumBae:
They try to touch u up n down angry the male ones anyway angry
Go they take time the measure chest area , hip area, ..... Fact
abegiii una don dey come again be that. even those wey no get nada go dey claim touch. even female tailor dey touch you. u sure say no be u dey touch yourself?
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 02, 2016
Doubleagent008:
abegiii una don dey come again be that. even those wey no get nada go dey claim touch. even female tailor dey touch you. u sure say no be u dey touch yourself?
Eh nah me grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by sunnyuche1(m): 10:08am On Mar 02, 2016
lonelydora:
Op try an Aba Tailor. Yes, your clothes won't be ready as discussed but they will give you what you want.

My wedding suit was made in Aba but my colleagues were asking where I imported it from. I have to start saying Dubai because it was as if it was imported

directly you did not promote made in Nigeria

God is watching u

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Oluschenco(m): 10:11am On Mar 02, 2016
Olasco93:

11. They will not ON their Ceiling/Standing Fan for you when you sit down to wait for your clothe, so that Heat drives you away...

Correct!
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Doubleagent008(m): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2016
BumBae:

Eh nah me grin
I like the honesty.
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by cornel994(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2016
I have seen men cry in my tailors shop...he actually made one man attend his mother's burial without d burial uniform meanwhile he sewed same for man's friends
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2016
Doubleagent008:
I like the honesty.
wink
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 02, 2016
My tailor is the best o. if i give him an ankara today, he will say -cum nd get it 2mao evening- and thats it. he is always on time, and really popular ehn, . . . and he sews and designs like crazy! a pro!
Re: 10 Funny Reasons Why We All Hate Nigerian Tailors by 9jatatafo(m): 10:22am On Mar 02, 2016
They will run away when they see you coming to collect your cloth and also they are very good in spoiling the material you gave them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet NASA Astrophysicist, Hakeem Oluseyi / Nairalanders My Ghetto Brother Wants A New Life / Employers Stop Frustrating Us!!! Cry Of A Nigerian Youth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.