Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 (28230 Views)

Osinbajo, Ambode, Obaseki Visit Tinubu & Wife In His Bourdillon Mansion - Pics / 'Why Always Remi Tinubu?' - Dino Melaye Takes Another Swipe At Tinubu's Wife / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by jolamos01(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2016
There was a mild drama, yesterday, in the Red Chamber between Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki and the senator representing Lagos Central, Senator Remi Tinubu.

The drama ensued during the debate of a motion “Nigerians involvement in illicit global drugs trade and increase in domestic drug abuse by Nigerian youths,” sponsored by Senator Gbenga Ashafa.

Tinubu had made an additional prayer to the motion and had urged her colleagues to mandate the Federal Government to set up drug rehabilitation centres in every state of the Federation. No lawmaker seconded her additional prayer. Saraki was about to entertain more contributions from other lawmakers, when Tinubu interrupted him. She asked: “Mr. President, why is my additional prayer not accommodated? Why is it not being considered, Mr. President?”

In his response, Saraki said no lawmaker seconded the amendment hence, he had to move on. Tinubu was still on her feet when Saraki ignored her and moved ahead to entertain other contributions. “We have gone past that. Let us move on,” he said.

That would be the third time, since the inauguration of the Eighth Senate that such drama would play out between Saraki and Tinubu. The first was on June 10, 2015 when Tinubu declined to shake Saraki’s outstretched hand after his controversial emergence as Senate President. The second happened on November 19, 2015 whenSenator Tinubu contributed to a motion from Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu’s seat. The action elicited negative reactions from Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers. Apparently displeased, Saraki declined to accommodate her contributions while she was on the seat.

Meanwhile, the Senate has urged the Federal Government to restructure and reposition the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to enable it meet the challenges of evasive drugs traffickers, using Nigerians to traffic drugs.

It further urged NDLEA, National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria (PCN) and other relevant agencies to develop a collaborative approach towards curbing incidence of use and abuse of drugs in the country.

The Senate Committee on Drugs and Narcotics was mandated to consider an urgent amendment of Section 23 of the PCN Act to include the sale of prescription pills over the counter as an offence punishable by the act.

Source :http://www.sunnewsonline.ng/saraki-tinubus-wife-in-plenary-drama/

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by brightballer(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2016
March 10 n 11 na same jarei..counting

3 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by ORACLE1975(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2016
Love in the house

7 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by blackpanda: 6:57am On Mar 02, 2016
Lol...this is normal senate politics. dont be surprised these two are best of friends outside the chambers....american politics is even worse. and in asia most times their own resorts to physical combat and throwing chairs! grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by AgbenuAnna(f): 6:59am On Mar 02, 2016
why are the looking at each other like that?😅😄
Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by macino1(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2016
Saraki the bad guy. Using the wife to get Tinubu. I remember the story of SAMSON

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by babyfaceafrica: 7:10am On Mar 02, 2016
How is this news?...will it stop cct trial?..I don't think so.....next please!!!

5 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by amzee(m): 7:17am On Mar 02, 2016
Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Tunami(m): 7:24am On Mar 02, 2016
the national assembly has been a fuji house of commotion since time immemorial.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by okosodo: 7:39am On Mar 02, 2016
Tinubu wants to control the senate but them no gree

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by lonelydora: 8:09am On Mar 02, 2016
There is a secret power play behind what we are seeing. Only time will tell.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Daslim180(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2016
I don't know what is wrong with me. I have been trying to like Saraki, but the likeness is not coming through.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Integrityfarms(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2016
Saraki Jegaing the Tinubu's!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 02, 2016
brightballer:
March 10 n 11 na same jarei..counting
Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by basty: 8:13am On Mar 02, 2016
The poor will always be gossiping about the rich. The IPOB (Independent paper of Biafra) writing non relevant news. What is my problem about this?

6 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Sijo01(f): 8:13am On Mar 02, 2016
Something tells me this woman is eyeing saraki's seat cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by kushma(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2016
If the both of them can't work for a better Nigeria then they should be voted out jor.
Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by tayo200(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2016
up man utd...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by SantiCiboura: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2016
Saraki be like "I for get up now and give you a kiss"

I didn't read the text oo just saying from the picture

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by ogaontop(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2016
This Tinubu Should Leave Saraki Alone, Let Him Be Is Saraki Worst Than Tinubu??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Pascal181: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2016
It must be as a result of his imminent sentence.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Awoofawo(m): 8:18am On Mar 02, 2016
Even if Saraki decide to Chop madam Tinubu toto on the floor of the senate; e no coinsign me! Na how to get my daily bread is on my mind now! cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by simonco(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2016
this woman's excesses should be controlled before she rubbishes the house.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by talk2rotman(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2016
Dia palava
Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Leke001: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2016
up untill now,I still think the most responsible arm of the executive that thinks of the plight of the common Nigerian is the senate...as much as I dislike Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by Paulpenny(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2016
this woman shaaa want make saraki fuccckk her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by ShitHead(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2016
These hoes ain't loyal.

1 Like

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by gangjo61(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2016
The woman fall for saraki dats d drama

2 Likes

Re: Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 by gangjo61(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2016
The woman have interest in saraki

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Re-run: Police Send Reinforcement To Gama Ward / Tinubu, Buhari, Aregbesola, Others Attend EFCC Summit In Abuja [photos] / NEC Warns Against End SARS Protests, Lists Actions That Will Be Taken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.