Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

My Humble Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Humble Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem (1331 Views)

God Is Using Trump To Humble America - Obasanjo / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Humble Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem by mrvitalis(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2016
First of all this is based on my personal opinion, observation and conviction
We all know that the solution to the Nigerian economic downturn is in the agricultural sector but how really?
We have a good soil for farming, gas and sand for fertilizers production so there is no reason we should not compete with Brazil in the agricultural sector in the world market.
The idea is simple that's stop Nigeria from importing food then start exporting. that's as simple as it gets.
But how do we do that's. .? That's were the problem lies and that's were my solution comes up. Now this the line on how to achieve this
1) form a national company equivalent of the NNPC for the agricultural sector
2) us the NLNG (model were the government own majority but it's run by private companies) to establish national farms
3) this farms will be basically to produce every food stuff that we import
Example: set 1 million hecters for rice farming
Set 1 million hecters for wheat farming
Set 1 million hecters for palm oil farming
Set 1 million hecters for red apple farming
After that pass a law that will force the importers to buy from the government farm, by taxing heavily Imported goods that it's produce in the government farm.
If action is taken now this can be achieved in 5 years If well planned and executed well, and that's part one.
Part two will be to target export to Europe.
It's really bad to see Europe Importing stuffs we can produce here from south America... That's really bad and we should act very fast
Only tropical fruits alone can earn us over $50bn per year if we plan very well as a country
The same method that was used above should be used to farm foods needed in Europe that we have Comparative advantage.
This process achievable in less that 10 years with an initial investment of not more than 200bn
This is just the idea, the detailed stuff is with me and am ready to present it to any government agency willing to listen
U will solve food shortage, create employment all in a single move
For more information about this contact me on Petervitalis123@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: My Humble Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:19am On Jan 11, 2022
mrvitalis:
First of all this is based on my personal opinion, observation and conviction
We all know that the solution to the Nigerian economic downturn is in the agricultural sector but how really?
We have a good soil for farming, gas and sand for fertilizers production so there is no reason we should not compete with Brazil in the agricultural sector in the world market.
The idea is simple that's stop Nigeria from importing food then start exporting. that's as simple as it gets.
But how do we do that's. .? That's were the problem lies and that's were my solution comes up. Now this the line on how to achieve this
1) form a national company equivalent of the NNPC for the agricultural sector
2) us the NLNG (model were the government own majority but it's run by private companies) to establish national farms
3) this farms will be basically to produce every food stuff that we import
Example: set 1 million hecters for rice farming
Set 1 million hecters for wheat farming
Set 1 million hecters for palm oil farming
Set 1 million hecters for red apple farming
After that pass a law that will force the importers to buy from the government farm, by taxing heavily Imported goods that it's produce in the government farm.

You like force fa
This is how tyranny starts
Why would you force people to buy your substandard product?

If action is taken now this can be achieved in 5 years If well planned and executed well, and that's part one.
Part two will be to target export to Europe.
It's really bad to see Europe Importing stuffs we can produce here from south America... That's really bad and we should act very fast
Only tropical fruits alone can earn us over $50bn per year if we plan very well as a country
The same method that was used above should be used to farm foods needed in Europe that we have Comparative advantage.
This process achievable in less that 10 years with an initial investment of not more than 200bn
This is just the idea, the detailed stuff is with me and am ready to present it to any government agency willing to listen
U will solve food shortage, create employment all in a single move
For more information about this contact me on Petervitalis123@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful Of Biafrans – Archbishop Chukwuma Drops Another Warning To Buhari / What A Policeman Did To 2 Ladies At Lagos Airport (photos) / Court Orders FG, Okonjo-iweala To Account For Nigeria’s ‘missing N30tn’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.