Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. (712 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by sabi99(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2016
Viktor Krasnov being prosecuted under a controversial law after being accused of ‘offending the sentiments of Orthodox believers’
. A Russian atheist faces a year in prison after denying the existence of God during an online exchange. Thursday 3 March 2016 03.13 GMT
A man in southern Russia faces a potential jail sentence after he was charged with insulting the feelings of religious believers over an Internet exchange in which he wrote that “there is no God”. Viktor Krasnov, 38, who appeared in court Wednesday, is being prosecuted under a controversial 2013 law that was introduced after punk art group Pussy Riots was jailed for a performance in Moscow’s main cathedral, his lawyer Andrei Sabinin told AFP. The charges – which carry a maximum one-year jail sentence – centre on an Internet exchange that Krasnov was involved in in 2014 on a humorous local website in his hometown of Stavropol. “If I say that the collection of Jewish fairytales entitled the Bible is complete bullshit, that is that. At least for me,” Krasnov wrote, adding later “there is no God!” One of the young people involved in the dispute with Krasnov then lodged a complaint against him accusing him of “ offending the sentiments of Orthodox believers”. Krasnov, whose case began last month, spent one month in a psychiatric ward last year undergoing psychiatric examinations before he was finally deemed to be sane. Krasnov’s lawyer insisted to AFP that his client was “simply an atheist” and that he had taken aim at both “Halloween and yiddish holidays” in the same exchange.

Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by johnydon22(m): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2016
If it was Saudi Arabia he would have been killed rather... That law is quite a One sided Romance in favour of the Orthodox Christians in Russia though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by ifenes(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2016
I said the same at the gym last night,only a black lady(Nigerian) got annoyed I said there was no god. The less exposed societies are prone to such inhuman behaviors. Russia is a conservative society,still living in the past when Christianity was a mean bastard.

3 Likes

Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by asalimpo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
It was an abuse of justice to lock somebody up for his religious beliefs. This is wickedness. As bad as islamic fundamentalists killing those who believe in their god.
Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by tartar9(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
johnydon22:
If it was Saudi Arabia he would have been killed rather... That law is quite a One sided Romance in favour of the Orthodox Christians in Russia though
once an igbo xtian .....

1 Like

Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by johnydon22(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
tartar9:

once an igbo xtian .....
You are loosing it grin grin grin You are sounding quite stressed, worn out, depressed and frustrated grin.. Take it easy bro before you break Chain

.. Check the Northern Muslims and the Igbo Christians and tell me there is no wide margin of difference..

Oh i love being Igbo grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
johnydon22:
You are loosing it grin grin grin You are sounding quite stressed, worn out, depressed and frustrated grin.. Take it easy bro before you break Chain

.. Check the Northern Muslims and the Igbo Christians and tell me there is no wide margin of difference..

Swag.
Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by joseph1832(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
AllNaijaBlogger:

Swag.
Bro, you still alive? I almost wrote a eulogy for you. Lol.
Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by tartar9(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
johnydon22:

of course,there is a huge margin of difference.I'd choose a northerner any day any time sad
Re: Russian Atheist Faces Year In Jail For Denying Existence Of God During Webchat. by tartar9(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
johnydon22:
Yeah i have seen that a lot plus your lot.. Almajiris, Bokos, thousands of kids by 1 poor illiterate, misogynistic, religious fanatics, above 70% poverty and illiteracy rate..

Oh enjoy alone grin
am talking about character and you're bringing about irrelevant information.if that's what you want to use as a criteria,I could easily list other Islamic nations to compare with your stupid Biafra.

(1) (Reply)

"The Genesis Of A Revelation" Very Interesting... / Controversial South African Pastor Turns His Members To Horses And Snakes (pics / How Does One Hear From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.