Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? (11634 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / Labour Market: B.TECH Medical Physiology Vs B.TECH Medical Biochemistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Beachqueen59(f): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Many people have been discouraging me about studying medical biochem, they said its better i do med lab instead...
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Beachqueen59:
Many people have been discouraging me about studying medical biochem, they said its better i do med lab instead...

pls follow their advice.
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Do med lab instead
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by funshow247(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2016
Go for Med lab science. Please it's better.
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by sinkernet: 12:12am On Mar 08, 2016
If you have a strong enough reason 4 going after Medical Biochemistry, then go for it. You could turn out to be that great scientist changing the world from somewhere in Europe or US.

But if you are not the type that dream too big and only want to leave comfortably in Nigeria, then, go with Med Lab.
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 08, 2016
sinkernet:
If you have a strong enough reason 4 going after Medical Biochemistry, then go for it. You could turn out to be that great scientist changing the world from somewhere in Europe or US.

But if you are not the type that dream too big and only want to leave comfortably in Nigeria, then, go with Med Lab.

what is this one saying?! undecided
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by bubbyking(m): 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
half d graduates of med biochem want to go bk to sch and read medicine pharm or med lab cos dia is no provision of employment after studying d course in naija

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Dharey55(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
I'm studying medical Biochemisty in uniben and dz is the advice i will give u,take d course if you know u really have passion for it and u can go extra miles to make something out of the course when u graduate coz ordinary Bsc Medical Biochemisty won't get u anything bt don't take the course if can't go extra mile or think outside the box expecially outside the circle of academics,med lab is a better option at the moment bt that doesn't mean that as a med biochemist u can't do what the lab scientist are doing,the only diff is that they have d licence why u dont av,bt i can categorically tell you that the course med biochem has a very bright future coz motions are on ground to ensure med Biochemisty gets the needed recognition in Nigeria and some other things i won't want to reveal here on the forum
So far av found the course very interesting and no regret at all,and am very sure u too won't regret studying it if u enventually opt for it
Sori i can only mention a few out of the abundance of my heart,check my signature for my whatsapp number and let's discuss on whatsapp and i could as well link u up with president of Medical Biochemisty, uniben chamber...#shalom

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Beachqueen59(f): 2:43pm On May 15, 2016
Dharey55:
I'm studying medical Biochemisty in uniben and dz is the advice i will give u,take d course if you know u really have passion for it and u can go extra miles to make something out of the course when u graduate coz ordinary Bsc Medical Biochemisty won't get u anything bt don't take the course if can't go extra mile or think outside the box expecially outside the circle of academics,med lab is a better option at the moment bt that doesn't mean that as a med biochemist u can't do what the lab scientist are doing,the only diff is that they have d licence why u dont av,bt i can categorically tell you that the course med biochem has a very bright future coz motions are on ground to ensure med Biochemisty gets the needed recognition in Nigeria and some other things i won't want to reveal here on the forum
So far av found the course very interesting and no regret at all,and am very sure u too won't regret studying it if u enventually opt for it
Sori i can only mention a few out of the abundance of my heart,check my signature for my whatsapp number and let's discuss on whatsapp and i could as well link u up with president of Medical Biochemisty, uniben chamber...#shalom
ok thnks 4 the advice will add u up.
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Beachqueen59(f): 2:46pm On May 15, 2016
bubbyking:
half d graduates of med biochem want to go bk to sch and read medicine pharm or med lab cos dia is no provision of employment after studying d course in naija
I might even do that.

1 Like

Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by Beachqueen59(f): 2:48pm On May 15, 2016
funshow247:
Go for Med lab science. Please it's better.
why? Bio-chemist are like higher than med lab ryt??
Re: Is Studying Medical Biochemistry A Waste Of Time In Nigeria? by agunlex01(m): 3:36am On May 05, 2017
What is the best area of specialization for masters program in biochemistry field?

(1) (Reply)

Computer Repairs Or Panel Beating And Auto Body Works / My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji / Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.