Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji (11656 Views)

My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:06am On Mar 26, 2017
I will be sharing my bitter experience in Jaji dssc training. I was d one who asked if I could leave officially from training in an earlier post with link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/3661282/what-happens-decide-leave-cadet
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Ok... waiting
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2017
I initially spoke about how to leave the training in my former post due to negligence and perceived nonchalant attitude to my case by the doctors in 44 NARHK.

Well my problem supposedly started when I decided to leave the training due to loss of interest last year December 20th 2016. I was counseled, persuaded and romanced to stay behind by the soldiers and officers. Telling me the Army is d best organization to join and all that. It wasn't actually the sweettalk that convinced me to stay but a particular Colonel Ahmed who had a fatherly trait that touched my heart to stay and become a Military personnel.

I continued vigorously with the training until I had an accident as a motorcycle hit 7of us during training. This is d first time in my life of having an accident. I was very scared because one of us had earlier lost his life due to hernia which still left most of us suspecting the guy may have been mismanged.

We were taken to d hospital inside the Cantonement and given some analgesics b4 referring us to 44NARHK d same nyt.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2017
44 hospital took an Xray of our legs and sent us back to hospital in Jaji to await further instructions. It's important to know that the nurses in the Jaji hospital are one of the most devilish people I've ever seen. They won't lift a finger to help you do anything even if your 2 legs have been cut off. They always looked at me disdain fully and even told me one day to use my drugs from the nursing station without telling me which one to use.

The last straw was when a civilian nurse I had always been ignoring her insolent behaviour called my name like a dog saying "cadet this thing, cadet that thing, cadet whatever your name is called, you better clean d chair or i'll lock you in d guardroom" I was very angry and started thundering with my crutches in my hand. Then I still overheard talking in d nursing station saying "na frustration dey worry am". That was when I went into d nursing station and scared her with my crutches as I was about to hit her head with it, she shivered in fear and den I dropped the crutches and pushed her face a little saying what was wrong with her angrily.

That was when the whole women in d ward came and started fighting me and collected my crutches which I struggled to collect back.

I insulted her and rained curses on her saying even if her husband were Buratai I don't care what he does to me cos I know as far as I'm concerned she's a nonentity who can only know powerful people but she herslf is useless.

To be continued...
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by EngrBouss(m): 11:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
The next morning the CO had been informed about what happened and d whole story had been twisted. They first said I broke her head, later they said her broke her hand then it was changed to a slap and they added that I vandalised military property. I was whisked back to the cadet hostel wing and my crutches taken from me. I had to be limping everywhere I went because they felt my leg was okay since I could try to hit a woman with my crutches even though I limped on one leg to where the woman was. Even d nurses made jest of me the next day and ridiculed me describing the way I was limping. It was d next day the CO returned only one of my crutches to me.

From there I started hearing of the story they fabricated against me and I was even hit with a 3count charge the content I am yet to know about. We were eventually taken back to 44 with the oda cadet that also sustained an injury. From that point I had already lost interest in d job because d oda cadets told me all they had said in my absence that they were even planning to waste my time with the oda cadets and den dismiss me unceremoniously on passing out parade. To be contiued....

1 Like

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Famoustemmy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Space booked,,,.. mention when the next episode arrive,,,.... to what you are talking abt..
thats how they are in Nigeria, i wonder what is killing our Military Men apart from boko haram,,..
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by splmosixx(m): 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
lebete3000:
The next morning the CO had been informed about what happened and d whole story had been twisted. They first said I broke her head, later they said her broke her hand then it was changed to a slap and they added that I vandalised military property. I was whisked back to the cadet hostel wing and my crutches taken from me. I had to be limping everywhere I went because they felt my leg was okay since I could try to hit a woman with my crutches even though I limped on one leg to where the woman was. Even d nurses made jest of me the next day and ridiculed me describing the way I was limping. It was d next day the CO returned only one of my crutches to me.

From there I started hearing of the story they fabricated against me and I was even hit with a 3count charge the content I am yet to know about. We were eventually taken back to 44 with the oda cadet that also sustained an injury. From that point I had already lost interest in d job because d oda cadets told me all they had said in my absence that they were even planning to waste my time with the oda cadets and den dismiss me unceremoniously on passing out parade. To be contiued....

Pls hi me on shofelamoses@gmail.com

I have some questions to ask you bro
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by SEEDORF441(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
continue
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Pureheart91(m): 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
Wow no be small...lets hear more
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pureheart91:
Wow no be small...lets hear more

Watching breaking bad. Will type later
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Ekykool(m): 11:35am On Mar 27, 2017
following
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by otunbakolawole(m): 11:39am On Mar 27, 2017
hmmm
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Famoustemmy:
Space booked,,,.. mention when the next episode arrive,,,.... to what you are talking abt..
thats how they are in Nigeria, i wonder what is killing our Military Men apart from boko haram,,..

Once I arrived 44 NARHK there was less restriction there as I always went to dmess and mammy to flex myself. I did all of this because I already knew there were planning to waste my time in d training so I was just whiling away time for my leg to be treated b4 I got kicked out of the training. I went out of the hospital one day and didn't return until 2days after. I had started walking with my leg but with some slight difficulty tho as there was no yet full stability in the knee as opposed to d other knee. My news was further spread throughout the whole training further tarnishing my name on a job I had already lost interest in. I spent 2months in d hospital in which I made sure I enjoyed myself to d fullest since d worst had already been planned for me. Prior to this episode I had severe pains on the knee and complained to d houseofficer who just shunned my complaints telling me I should go and ask a fellow patient to gimme a drug as dangerous as Tramadol to use yet nothing was done about it when I complained to the soldier in charge of us coming to check on us. This was what added fuel to my nonchalant attitude in d hospital after all they're not even doing anything for me in d hospital. When I later complained to my sister weeks after the CO said it's because I walked around I was having the pains even though I had never left d four walls of the hospital dat time. They were planning me for an Arthroscopic surgery in Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja since they don't do it in d Military hospital I'm in. I was taken there once for an assessment of my leg and brought back with the bill of the surgery. After spending 2months in d hospital I and d oda Cadets whose surgery had been done were transferred to d cadet wings training in Jaji with 1month excuse duty which exempts us from vigorous exercises but to at least attend lectures. I never knew what was in store for me in Jaji.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by SetrakusRa(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2017
Following..
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Iykecaroll(m): 6:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Go on...we're waiting!!!
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2017
Iykecaroll:
Go on...we're waiting!!!

On getting back to Jaji, I was just receiving ridicule & criticism from everyone left, right centre about all d lies told against me plus some new added ones about how an Officer saw me in town while in d hospital without me knowing and I was dressed in casual top on a carmo trouser and was "bouncing" around in town, saying the man was an intelligence guy whereas I was d one who actually saw his car and waved him because I had taken excuse from the hospital which had been granted to me to go get a towel and my wearing carmo trouser was because I had only one mufti trouser which I washed dat day to wear d next day. I just laughed inside me when d man was made to look like an intelligence. The soldiers were always trying to make me join d other healthy cadets despite d fact that my surgery was yet to be done and I had excuse duty. There was a day I was too tired to go to d parade ground to observe marching drills because we had to trek there with our ailments and d 2oda guys whose surgery had already been done with crutches were willing to go while I wasn't. They used them as a yardstick that since people with crutches could go why couldn't I, even tho I complained my surgery was yet to be done and didn't want to stress d leg too much and I had excuse duty that exempted me from training, they refused to listen and heightened d malice against me especially one of the Officers insulting me and even d Soldier calling me a lousy thing. The next day I forced myself to d parade ground for drills and sat with the remaining of us that were not fit. Then one of the soldiers called us and told the 2with crutches to sit down while d rest of us came and he told us to go and sign rifle for the drill, we explained to the man we weren't fit for drills and we had excuse duty from d doctors yet he kept insisting we go and sign rifles. Then another aggressive soldier came and shouted on us still we explained to him because we didn't see d sense in signing rifles when we weren't okay especially I that had a surgery pending and I couldn't jog or even march with d leg. He told all of us to pin our heads to d ground while our buttocks was raised up. The first person did it and he began to flog the person on his back with a big stick, he did same for the 2nd person. As he was coming to my side I had to stand up from my prostrate position and explain to him I couldn't do his punishment nor d drills as I had an injury on my leg and had excuse duty that was when he gave me d first wipe and I had to hold d stick because I knew I didn't deserve to be beaten, I've never been a malingerer in training and now that I have an issue I'm been treated like one. He then left the stick for me and told me to beat him instead, I gave him back d stick and he continued wiping me with the stick and banged it on my head which made me fall down. I immediately stood up and walked out of the parade ground and went to d cadet wing where a private soldier just came and started talking to me anyhow and I told him I'm leaving the training, he told me to go and meet the Admin Officer which I did. I requested for my phone that I wanted to go. He told me I'm very stvpid and dat I should gerrout of his sight. I then went to a corner and started complaining to another soldier about my condition that even if they hate me they should wait till I'm fine b4 dy started beating me. The Officer heard this and told d same soldier who told me to meet him to go and lock me in d guardroom. When I got to d guardroom I told everyone there I wouldn't be forced to join the army as we aren't running a conscription Army in Nigeria and if they believe they can force me i'll simply kill myself and they can commission my dead body. They later released me in d evening for prep class. I went inside to take my book for prep. When I got to d venue for prep I saw an opportunity to run away which I maximised without even thinking of going back to d room to get my certificates or waiting to collect my phone. I figured I will settle that once I leave that place. Now I'm thinking of how to go back and collect my certificates and phones without hassles and also return their Carmo to them because d only opportunity I got to run away I took it since my case had already received a special attention and any premeditated action might be noticed & thwarted, I simply had to be spontaneous about it. They're now telling my sister since I've run away they'll not be obliged to treat my leg anymore. I had d premonition they weren't gonna treat my leg based on all d happenings. I've told my sister to help tell them to just hand over my certificates first of all b4 I think of what to do next.
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
lebete3000:

On getting back to Jaji, I was just receiving ridicule & criticism from everyone left, right centre about all d lies told against me plus some new added ones about how an Officer saw me in town while in d hospital without me knowing and I was dressed in casual top on a carmo trouser and was "bouncing" around in town, saying the man was an intelligence guy whereas I was d one who actually saw his car and waved him because I had taken excuse from the hospital which had been granted to me to go get a towel and my wearing carmo trouser was because I had only one mufti trouser which I washed dat day to wear d next day. I just laughed inside me when d man was made to look like an intelligence. The soldiers were always trying to make me join d other healthy cadets despite d fact that my surgery was yet to be done and I had excuse duty. There was a day I was too tired to go to d parade ground to observe marching drills because we had to trek there with our ailments and d 2oda guys whose surgery had already been done with crutches were willing to go while I wasn't. They used them as a yardstick that since people with crutches could go why couldn't I, even tho I complained my surgery was yet to be done and didn't want to stress d leg too much and I had excuse duty that exempted me from training, they refused to listen and heightened d malice against me especially one of the Officers insulting me and even d Soldier calling me a lousy thing. The next day I forced myself to d parade ground for drills and sat with the remaining of us that were not fit. Then one of the soldiers called us and told the 2with crutches to sit down while d rest of us came and he told us to go and sign rifle for the drill, we explained to the man we weren't fit for drills and we had excuse duty from d doctors yet he kept insisting we go and sign rifles. Then another aggressive soldier came and shouted on us still we explained to him because we didn't see d sense in signing rifles when we weren't okay especially I that had a surgery pending and I couldn't jog or even march with d leg. He told all of us to pin our heads to d ground while our buttocks was raised up. The first person did it and he began to flog the person on his back with a big stick, he did same for the 2nd person. As he was coming to my side I had to stand up from my prostrate position and explain to him I couldn't do his punishment nor d drills as I had an injury on my leg and had excuse duty that was when he gave me d first wipe and I had to hold d stick because I knew I didn't deserve to be beaten, I've never been a malingerer in training and now that I have an issue I'm been treated like one. He then left the stick for me and told me to beat him instead, I gave him back d stick and he continued wiping me with the stick and banged it on my head which made me fall down. I immediately stood up and walked out of the parade ground and went to d cadet wing where a private soldier just came and started talking to me anyhow and I told him I'm leaving the training, he told me to go and meet the Admin Officer which I did. I requested for my phone that I wanted to go. He told me I'm very stvpid and dat I should gerrout of his sight. I then went to a corner and started complaining to another soldier about my condition that even if they hate me they should wait till I'm fine b4 dy started beating me. The Officer heard this and told d same soldier who told me to meet him to go and lock me in d guardroom. When I got to d guardroom I told everyone there I wouldn't be forced to join the army as we aren't running a conscription Army in Nigeria and if they believe they can force me i'll simply kill myself and they can commission my dead body. They later released me in d evening for prep class. I went inside to take my book for prep. When I got to d venue for prep I saw an opportunity to run away which I maximised without even thinking of going back to d room to get my certificates or waiting to collect my phone. I figured I will settle that once I leave that place. Now I'm thinking of how to go back and collect my certificates and phones without hassles and also return their Carmo to them because d only opportunity I got to run away I took it since my case had already received a special attention and any premeditated action might be noticed & thwarted, I simply had to be spontaneous about it. They're now telling my sister since I've run away they'll not be obliged to treat my leg anymore. I had d premonition they weren't gonna treat my leg based on all d happenings. I've told my sister to help tell them to just hand over my certificates first of all b4 I think of what to do next.
Jesus bros ! i remember your moniker from dssc/ssc thread I feel sorry for you o
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by randee007: 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
funny story....didn't know what u were signing for b4...u enlisted.... no passion for the job!!
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
@OP I really sympathise with you, damn.

Our Nigerian soldiers sha, sometimes I look at them and feel shame especially when they brutalize civilian feeling all high and mighty.
In other news I saw two soldiers (on mufti) fighting themselves inside shoprite on Friday evening, one of them was very reasonable and the other was probably high on coke, shouting I be auwa, I be auwa.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Kalapizim(m): 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is my dream job.ah don zero my mind for the worst

1 Like

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
randee007:
funny story....didn't know what u were signing for b4...u enlisted.... no passion for the job!!

So d requirement for d job is to maltreat ppl even wen they're not fit. We deserve everything we get in ds country. Majority of d youths are hopelessly & permanently fvvlish.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kalapizim:
This is my dream job.ah don zero my mind for the worst

You can't be working in Shell/Chevron and say "this is my dream job ah don zero my mind for the worst". Na condition go make you bend go there. Don't deceive yourself.
I have options but chose d Army and left wen I couldn't put up with rubbish. Countrties with d strongest armies don't do such rubbish to dr personnels.

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by comm: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
randee007:
he does not know the prize of those uniform he sees military officers wear
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
comm:
he does not know the prize of those uniform he sees military officers wear

Based on d smoke they blow in your face ba? They tell you they jog on fractured legs too don't they? If you want to join goan join but deceive ppl here. I was there for 4months, you didn't see d gates.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Iykecaroll(m): 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mehn...its well oh. Atyms, there has to be a line between discipline& doing what's right for humanity. Even while we were in NYSC camp, my brother... its well.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
Iykecaroll:
Mehn...its well oh. Atyms, there has to be a line between discipline& doing what's right for humanity. Even while we were in NYSC camp, my brother... its well.

My brother yearn me about nysc tory?
Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Iykecaroll(m): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
lebete3000:

My brother yearn me about nysc tory?

Lol. It wasn't funny at all. Unnecessary jogging. standing under sun for hours, marching, waking up at 3:30am. Crazy punishments...you'd start asking yourself if this na why I graduate from University. Just that they were restricted from physically assaulting us...guess that also made them give us tough "jobs". One person's mess & the whole camp of over #1600 people will go down. Dunno if its same nationwide, cuz I camped somewhere in the North. Not to mention the weather...it wasn't friendly one bit. Its a crazy 3weeks of one's life!

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by Famoustemmy(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2017
i believe this d reason soldier graduates to become sometin else around town.. its call Inhumanity

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by ibroh22(m): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Iykecaroll:

Lol. It wasn't funny at all. Unnecessary jogging. standing under sun for hours, marching, waking up at 3:30am. Crazy punishments...you'd start asking yourself if this na why I graduate from University. Just that they were restricted from physically assaulting us...guess that also made them give us tough "jobs". One person's mess & the whole camp of over #1600 people will go down. Dunno if its same nationwide, cuz I camped somewhere in the North. Not to mention the weather...it wasn't friendly one bit. Its a crazy 3weeks of one's life!
This is true,,the way they treat corps members in the camp ehn!,you will think we are military personnel,no wonder the soldiers comes out to behave like beasts.........on the other hand,i blame we Nigerians too,if we are not treated that way,we won't take things serious

@op,sorry for your experience.....you should have just wait for another opportunity to run,that time you would have prepared well,carry your documents and flee

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
ibroh22:

This is true,,the way they treat corps members in the camp ehn!,you will think we are military personnel,no wonder the soldiers comes out to behave like beasts.........on the other hand,i blame we Nigerians too,if we are not treated that way,we won't take things serious

@op,sorry for your experience.....you should have just wait for another opportunity to run,that time you would have prepared well,carry your documents and flee

Thanx for your understanding Bro. More wisdom to your cerebrum. I also feel what you said about blaming Nigerians' unseriousness for the way Soldiers behave because I see Soldiers do the work of a yellow fever and when I asked around why even d Police couldn't do it, I was told they don't listen to even d police anymore and it's only Soldiers' iron hand dat fits them. Unfortunately such unseriousness make Soldiers think everyone is d same and hence spill over to serious ones like us.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji by lebete3000: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
ibroh22:

On d second paragraph I believe I did d ryt thing by fleeing once I had d chance because they were likely gonna lock me up in guard room dat nyt after prep and aferwards all eyes was gonna be on me and all hands on deck to monitor my every move. I prolly won't be sharing my story ryt now if I didn't run away from there because they would have camped me very well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Job Seekers Avoid Insurance Sale Roles? / 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? / Project & Data Analysis Using SPSS, Eviews, DAD, STATA Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.