Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State (9534 Views)

Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello nairalanders,
I plan on marrying my fiancee soon, whom I have been dating for a long time now.
Yesterday while we were discussing something about the requirement of marriage and along the line she said before am given a list of things to bring and her dowry that I will have to monetize the cost of a 2 storey building and present it to the family before am even considered a potential suitor, I was so surprised, the only thing I could utter was "am I buying you" to which she said such a requirement is put to place so as to know if the man is capable of taking care of the lady, she further hinted that it is even small compared to other requirement from other clans.

So people of idemili, how true is this?
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by mightyokwy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
That is a lie from pit of hell. Op what do you stand to gain by painting a particular group of people black.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
mightyokwy:
That is a lie from pit of hell. Op what do you stand to gain by painting a particular group of people black.

Sir, am too occupied to come here and post rubbish, besides, what will I gain,
I came here to verify if it's through or not because I don't believe yet.
With all what I wrote, I don't find a sentence where I painted any region black.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by mightyokwy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
CoolSmithz:

Sir, am too occupied to come here and post rubbish, besides, what will I gain,
I came here to verify if it's through or not because I don't believe yet.
With all what I wrote, I don't find a sentence where I painted any region black.
Thank you
Like I said it's a big lie.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
mightyokwy:

Like I said it's a big lie.

Thanks, that is just what I wanted to know
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by tpiar: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Idemili was mentioned in Things Fall Apart, not so?

the name seems to be ringing a bell, was it about snakes (pythons) or something?
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by tpiar: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
CoolSmithz:
Hello nairalanders,
I plan on marrying my fiancee soon, whom I have been dating for a long time now.
Yesterday while we were discussing something about the requirement of marriage and along the line she said before am given a list of things to bring and her dowry that I will have to monetize the cost of a 2 storey building and present it to the family before am even considered a potential suitor, I was so surprised, the only thing I could utter was "am I buying you" to which she said such a requirement is put to place so as to know if the man is capable of taking care of the lady, she further hinted that it is even small compared to other requirement from other clans.

maybe you are rich.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
tpiar:
Idemili was mentioned in Things Fall Apart, not so?

the name seems to be ringing a bell, was it about snakes (pythons) or something?
Yup, it was
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by blazer234: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2016
The girl even seems to take pride in this barbaric belief.

3 Likes

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
blazer234:
The girl even seems to take pride in this barbaric belief.

Am just confused, still dunno if I should believe her or not
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Adeboyefa(f): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
CoolSmithz:

Am just confused, still dunno if I should believe her or not

Every story is either true or false.
If her claims are true and you can't afford it, go and marry elsewhere where the in-law demands are more pocket-friendly.
If her claims are false, she doesn't love you and wants to scare you away with that story. You don't want to marry a woman who doesn't love you, do you?

SUMMARY: If you can't afford what she said, leave her.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Adeboyefa:

If her claims are true and you can't afford it, go and marry elsewhere where the in-law demands are more pocket-friendly.
If her claims are false, she doesn't love you and wants to scare you away with that story. You don't want to marry a woman who doesn't love you, do you?

Thanks
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Elkings123(m): 11:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
she either want to scare you or test you.... #what I think.

But its not true... Anambra isnt that expensive...
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
Elkings123:
she either want to scare you or test you.... #what I think.

But its not true... Anambra isnt that expensive...

Thanks bro,
I spoke to a close affiliate and he said it's true
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Veranneka12: 7:05pm On May 28, 2017
Sorry everyone I am from anambra state anambra west I have never seen anything like dat before Cos my senior sister just got married last two year now.... The list my people gave the husband is not up to 200k....it about 150k...so anambra are not expensive.. OK.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 6:39am On May 29, 2017
CoolSmithz:
Hello nairalanders,

Am not from anambra or igboland at all but sounds like ur babe was only pulling ur legs. Don't be scared bro you will likely find out it was just a prank later on.Don't break things up because of that though.Make sure you know d real truth before making any decision.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Lavendra(f): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2017
I'm sorry for asking but I just wanna know, did you still marry her?
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by 2buffagain(m): 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Adeboyefa:

That's the thing.
It may not even be about the village, but the woman herself and her desire to EAT you for her family member's sake.
A lot of women from that side would rather destroy their husband as long as it means her parents and siblings get to jaiye.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lavendra:
I'm sorry for asking but I just wanna know, did you still marry her?

No, not yet
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Pearl05(f): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2018
What town in idemili is the lady from? I'm from idemili North and will confidently tell you that it is a big fat lie.

She is either pulling your legs or doesn't know her tradition.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
Just pregnant her, las las na free u go get her. Mtcheew. When her mate the foot the bills.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by 2buffagain(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
mightyokwy:

Typical igbotic response.

OP you will never get igbos to agree that certain aspects of their "culture" is PERSISTENTLY azz backward.
If non-igbo guys just keep leaving their women alone in droves, they will ammend their foolish practices.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by mightyokwy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2018
2buffagain:

Typical igbotic response.

OP you will never get igbos to agree that certain aspects of their "culture" is PERSISTENTLY azz backward.
If non-igbo guys just keep leaving their women alone in droves, they will ammend their foolish practices.
What's this one talking about. Are you OK. So you know my culture better than me. Take it easy on your self before hate kills you.

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by mightyokwy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2018
Veranneka12:
Sorry everyone I am from anambra state anambra west I have never seen anything like dat before Cos my senior sister just got married last two year now.... The list my people gave the husband is not up to 200k....it about 150k...so anambra are not expensive.. OK.
Bro don't waste your time on those ignoramus. All they do is to propagate falsehood. Even when you try to educate them, they will insult you.
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by moriss33(m): 2:58am On Sep 02, 2018
Where exactly in idemili-North Pls?
Pearl05:
What town in idemili is the lady from? I'm from idemili North and will confidently tell you that it is a big fat lie.

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by moriss33(m): 2:59am On Sep 02, 2018
Where exactly are you from in Idemilli-north Pls?
Pearl05:

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by Pearl05(f): 4:50am On Sep 02, 2018
[quote author=moriss33 post=70824215]Where exactly are you from in Idemilli-north Pls? [/quot

I'm from the great Ogidi.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by moriss33(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2018
Wow.....am from Abatete [quote author=Pearl05 post=70824615][/quote]
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by jamparkour: 12:31am On Sep 04, 2018
thanks a lot, I found this very helpful. You have saved a soul.

https://columbusday2018.us/
Re: Bride Price Of A Woman From Idemili In Anambra State by wowmagonline: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2022
So Uncle John can't withstand the bride price list issued to him I no fit laugh
Anambra parents go kill their grooms to finish
How can he pay that high na
Make ulna take am easy, no be buy he dey buy the girlhttps://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-anambra-state.html

(1) (Reply)

Bride Price, How Much Is Too Much? / Your Most Cherished Nigerian Culture. / Africans Agree Somalis, And Ethiopians Best Looking Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.