Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) (1815 Views)

Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / Lagos To Start Disbursement Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund Next Week - Ambode / Ambode Appoints 57 Sole Administrators For LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ebosie11(f): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode On Thursday expressed fulfillment in the realisation of his campaign promise To establish an Employment Trust Fund (ETF), saying the initiative was a paradigm shift in positively and productively engaging the teeming youths of the state.

Governor Ambode, Who Spoke At The Lagos House, Alausa While Inaugurating The Board Of The Etf, Said The Establishment Of The Fund Marked A Turning Point In The Responsiveness Of Government To The Yearnings Of The Youth And Unemployed People.

The Governor Described The Etf As An Instrument Designed To Galvanise The Creative And Innovative Energies Of All Lagosians, Adding That The Fund Would Only Be Available To Lagosians And Residents Of The State.

He Said Members Of The Etf Board Were Carefully Selected Based On Their Track Records Of Professional Integrity And Selflessness, And Therefore Charged Them To Make Transparency And Accountability Their Watchwords.

The Governor Said: “I Urge All Lagosians Especially Our Young Entrepreneurs And Artisans To Embrace This Opportunity. The Process Of Accessing The Fund Must Be Transparent, And Beneficiaries Will Be Chosen Only On The Strength And Quality Of Their Applications. The Management Of This Fund Will Be Guided By Global Best Practices And Strict Adherence To The Rules And Procedures Spelt Out In The Law.

“Fellow Lagosians, This Initiative Has Been Designed To Succeed. Our Government Will Commit N6.25billion Every Year Within The Four Years Of This Administration To A Total Of N25billion.

“Realizing That The First Year Of This Administration Is Just 3 Months Away, Precisely On May 29, 2016, The Commissioner For Finance Is Hereby Directed To Transfer The Sum Of N6.25b To The Employment Trust Fund Immediately, Today.”

Besides, Governor Ambode Said The Effectiveness Of The Initiative Would Not Be Measured By The Number Of Beneficiaries But By The Number Of Successful Businesses Created, The Number Of Employment Opportunities Offered And The Overall Multiplier Effects On The State Economy Within A Reasonable Period Of Time.

The Governor, Who Noted That Lagos Deserved Nothing Short Of Such Initiative As The Etf, Charged The Chairman And Members Of The Board To Hit The Ground Running And Ensure That Lagosians Feel Their Presence Immediately.

“Every Senatorial Zone Of The State Must Feel The Positive Impact Of The Fund. The Board Must Ensure That The Distribution Of The Fund Is Evenly Spread Across The State,” He Said.

He Also Urged Individuals, Corporate Organisations And Multi-Lateral Agencies To Join His Administration In Turning Around The Fortunes Of The Youths And Thereby Energise The State, Saying Such Would Boost The Economy Of The Nation As A Whole.

The Chairman Of The Etf Is Mrs. Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru, While The Members Are Engr. Dele Martins, Mrs. Bilikis Adebiyi-Abiola, Mr. Otto Orondam, Mrs. Olufunmi Olatunde Daudu, Mr. Tunde Bank-Anthony, Mr. Michael Popoola Ajayi, Mr. Tunde Durosinmi-Etti And Dr. Mustapha Akinkunmi. Mr. Akintunde Oyebode Is To Serve As The Executive Secretary Of The Fund.

Responding, Omoigui-Okauru Thanked Governor Ambode For The Opportunity To Serve The People, And Assured That She Would Work Hard With Members Of The Board Not Only To Fulfill The Governor’s Campaign Promises, But Would Bring Hope To The Teeming Youths Of The State.

Omoigui-Okauru, Who Is The Former Chairman Of The Federal Inland Revenue Service (Firs), Also Assured That The Board Would Ensure Full Compliance With The Provisions Of The Law Setting Up The Etf.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/akin-oyebode-finally-sworn-in-as.html

Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by immortalcrown(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Another episode of the 'Change' drama is about to begin.
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by DankemzI(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Ambo the best Governor
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by adenitemi: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Akin is a good young man with a good brain on his head. Time to start tracking the activities of the ETF. Person gats to benefit!
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by Richardonald(m): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmm change
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 11:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
May God deliver us from these AKOTILETA leaders who want to please others at the detriment of their own people. In a society such as ours where tribalism reigns supreme, you are using people who don't love you to watch over important issues as this.

Why can't the chairman and the members all be Yoruba? Can someone tell me why this woman can't favor her own people over Yoruba?

Where else can this happen, nowhere! Only the stuppid Yoruba.

Why won't Lagos be called no man's land!
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by fyneguy: 12:28am On Mar 04, 2016
ycat:
May God deliver us from these AKOTILETA leaders who want to please others at the detriment of their own people. In a society such as ours where tribalism reigns supreme, you are using people who don't love you to watch over important issues as this.

Why can't the chairman and the members all be Yoruba? Can someone tell me why this woman can't favor her own people over Yoruba?

Where else can this happen, nowhere! Only the stuppid Yoruba.

Why won't Lagos be called no man's land!

Calm down will ya?!

It's not going to be a one-man show. What makes you think the woman won't be fair?
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 1:01am On Mar 04, 2016
Are you Yoruba?
And, who's talking about being fair? Why should an important issue like this be left for fairness in the hands of non Yoruba in a country like Nigeria? We keep showing the world that we lack confidence.

There must be a curse on Yoruba that, they will never be able to protect what they hold near and dear.

What we are doing is the true definition of cowardice.
fyneguy:

Calm down will ya?!

It's not going to be a one-man show. What makes you think the woman won't be fair?
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by OAUTemitayo: 1:23am On Mar 04, 2016
ycat:
Are you Yoruba?
And, who's talking about being fair? Why should an important issue like this be left for fairness in the hands of non Yoruba in a country like Nigeria? We keep showing the world that we lack confidence.

There must be a curse on Yoruba that, they will never be able to protect what they hold near and dear.

What we are doing is the true definition of cowardice.
The person you are talking about is from either Itsekiri or Benin. she is therefore a descendant of Oduduwa which I have no problem with
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by HalfTruth: 1:29am On Mar 04, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
The person you are talking about is from either Itsekiri or Benin. she is therefore a descendant of Oduduwa which I have no problem with

Can you shut up. Which descendant of oduduwa? The Benins who hates Yorubas? There's obviously something wrong with the Yoruba tribe. Why is this one Nigeria not practiced elsewhere?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by OAUTemitayo: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2016
HalfTruth:

Can you shut up. Which descendant of oduduwa? The Benins who hates Yorubas? There's obviously something wrong with the Yoruba tribe. Why is this one Nigeria not practiced elsewhere?
You don't need to rant like a rabid dog.
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 1:49am On Mar 04, 2016
That "descendant of Oduduwa" is a scam and a line we Yoruba are using to deceive ourselves. How many times have you heard from "Bini" that our Oduduwa is not the same as theirs? The fraud calling themselves "Bini" are not the Yoruba bini. As for Itsekiri, I know, and they are the only people we should be reaching out to in the SS. The imposter "bini" should be a no no!

OAUTemitayo:
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 2:21am On Mar 04, 2016
You are right!

Now I know why Yoruba are called cowards, it's for reasons like this one.

Yoruba are just ha! It's taking everything in me to not "lose it". What exactly is our problem? What are we afraid of? Why do we like to suffer fools gladly? Pure definition of cowards. Who is going to catch us if we refuse to be A push over? We have to now stand behind order people in our land. What happened to us?

I'm thinking of doing a petition to either get him to rescind the appointment or we start campaigning against him from now for his re-election. How can we say we own Lagos with the way our leaders keep putting Yoruba interests at the back burner? What could be so difficult with "Yoruba's interest first"?
HalfTruth:

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by Ovamboland(m): 4:14am On Mar 04, 2016
ycat:
You are right!

Yoruba are just ha! It's taking everything in me to not "lose it". What exactly is our problem? What are we afraid of? Why do we like to suffer fools gladly? Pure definition of cowards. Who is going to catch us if we refuse to be A push over? We have to now stand behind order people in our land. What happened to us?

I'm thinking of doing a petition to either get him to rescind the appointment or we start campaigning against him from now for his re-election. How can we say we own Lagos with the way our leaders keep putting Yoruba interests at the back burner? What could be so difficult with "Yoruba's interest first"?

Calm down Mr, an egalitarian society will remain so and maintain it's character no matter how other societies around run their affairs. We define who we are not through the prism of how narrow others choose to run their own affairs. It is not ordinary that most Nigerians feel safest in Yorubaland, most foreigners feel safe here and most private investment are domiciled in this region. The biggest players in the Nigerian economy are located here. All religions feel at home here, we promote humanity and the freedom of thought. It is not an accident that the largest number of Nigerians promoting the freedom of thought, fight against and condemn impunity, originated or are resident in Yorubaland.

The philosophy of Omoluabi is not about the the accident of your place of birth but how you choose to relate with your fellow man. Progressive societies are inclusive and don't discriminate against worthy residents. Many of our compatriots find a home in similar societies all over the world, where diversity is respected and promoted.

We cannot refuse to be who we are because others choose to be closed, we define ourselves, they don't define us. We cannot abandon a higher level of consciousness for a lower one.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by onoikenna: 6:48am On Mar 04, 2016
Good one.Let the work begin
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by giantstrides(m): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2016
As you can see, the board is made up of 80 percent yoruba, so what is the complain here. Even if she manages to squeeze some of her people in, it is still the lagos economy that emerges the better for it. When the tax revenue service collects tax, do they look at the state of origin before billing them ? That same tax is making Lagos financially buoyant in the times of low revenue from the FG. This your line of discussion will derail from the wonderful achievements of Ambode, after faltering for the first three months, he has emerged beautifully stronger, the rate at which roads are being constructed in lagos state is massive, if only he is able to leverage the press to report his achievements , he is a silent achiever.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by abacus(m): 8:36am On Mar 04, 2016
ycat:
You are right!

Point of correction, Yorubas are not coward. Face your rant on whom you quoted, Your sin is your generalized your opinion? I know of two presently that are not coward, Ambode and I.
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
It's being proven as we speak in Ajiliti. And Ambode is a big coward and I know you are one too.
abacus:

Point of correction, Yorubas are not coward. Face your rant on whom you quoted, Your sin is your generalized your opinion? I know of two presently that are not coward, Ambode and I.
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by ycat: 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nonsense!

May the class Mumu stand up!

Truth be told, we can stand up for ourselves and still maintain every great thing in our region. Everything has a borderline, and we have ignorantly crossed from mere being accommodating to cowardly which has earned us the disrespect among Nigerians. We are the only people that do not go looking for trouble in other people's land and we are the greatest hosts in the country, yet we are the ones being derided right on our tuff by whoever wants without even trying. We have no confidence in ourselves. Every great people of the world protect themselves. Which people can our cowardice be compared to in the world? I really need to know!

Ambode just sold Yoruba youths and must be made to pay for it, no excuse. How can you continuously put the future of your children in the hands of your neighbors because you want to look good in your street when no one else is doing that? It's called BABA ODE or BABA APA! And makes us look weak and vulnerable. It's not only stuppid but looks like the work of a mad people.

Ovamboland:

Calm down Mr, an egalitarian society will remain so and maintain it's character no matter how other societies around run their affairs. We define who we are not through the prism of how narrow others choose to run their own affairs. It is not ordinary that most Nigerians feel safest in Yorubaland, most foreigners feel safe here and most private investment are domiciled in this region. The biggest players in the Nigerian economy are located here. All religions feel at home here, we promote humanity and the freedom of thought. It is not an accident that the largest number of Nigerians promoting the freedom of thought, fight against and condemn impunity, originated or are resident in Yorubaland.

The philosophy of Omoluabi is not about the the accident of your place of birth but how you choose to relate with your fellow man. Progressive societies are inclusive and don't discriminate against worthy residents. Many of our compatriots find a home in similar societies all over the world, where diversity is respected and promoted.

We cannot refuse to be who we are because others choose to be closed, we define ourselves, they don't define us. We cannot abandon a higher level of consciousness for a lower one.
Re: Ambode Appoints Akin As Executive Secretary Of N25bn Employment Trust Fund(pics) by Dasini: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
Goodone my governor, God bless your works, indeed a silent achiever. I see this man's 4years surpassing fashola's 8years, we are counting.

(1) (Reply)

What if Belgian Govt Condemned Agatu & Not Brussels massacre - Ben Bruce / Gov. Ben Ayade Is A Governor To Watch Out For / Export Rubber, Cocoa, Palm Oil To Us, EU Tells Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.