Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries (28915 Views)

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly / Senate Lawan Begins Duty As Senate Leader After Ousting Of Ex-leader Ali Ndume(p / Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by contactmorak: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2016
Senate Leader. Ali Ndume, was a guest on Channels TV this morning where he spoke on the controversial N4.7 billion reportedly meant for the purchase of new cars for each senator to carry out their oversight function. Ndume queried why Senators are expected to pack themselves in a coastal bus when carrying out their duties when Ministers and Local Government Chairmen have official cars. According to Ndume, Senators have not taken delivery of the cars as the budget has not been passed.

"No not yet. Money has been budgeted but the budget has not been passed and you know there is this public debate going on that Senators should not buy cars. Look I am a senator representing 9 Local governments. A Minister was appointed, 36 of them. All of them are driving a convoy of at least 4 cars. By protocol I am the senate leader. For example, I came with a car. I don't mind for example but what happens to my rights and privileges. For me personally, I don't care about driving a particular car. I move with any car but what happens to my rights and privilege as a Senate leader. For example the revenue and mobilization commission n their entitlements to my own office, are saying the senate leader should own two cars. We are supposed to do oversight as you know. Should I use my private car to do that?"he said
When asked why senators cannot ride in a coastal bus, he said
"How can I be going in a bus? You want me as a Senator to go in a bus? Senators going in a bus is as a matter of choice. When Senators are going to one place outside Abuja, how do you expect to pack them in a bus? Lets be honest. We are not buying cars for Senators. No. We are buying cars so that they will use those vehicles for committee work"he said
Asked if they will be made in Nigeria vehicles, he said "Well that one is another thing".

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/how-can-you-pack-senators-in-bus-senate.html

1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by contactmorak: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2016
Hmm
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by HungerBAD: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2016
Is this guy serious?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by mcee1(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2016
Useless men!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2016
Nigerians get ready to pay more taxes to make these fools more cofortable.

17 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by AZeD1(m): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2016
Are buses for animals?

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by signature2012(m): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2016
This man na confirm crook.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by ozoigbondu: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2016
Who are you people that they cannot pack you inside bus

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by ckmayoca: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2016
No be this guy refuse to visit his people at IDP camp? But dragging power in the senate.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
but these senatores have like 10 cars each already, which car do they want again?? what about the cars the bought last time ,what happened to them??

13 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by jmichlins(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
When PDP was in power we had a problem but now we have multiple problems. They will soon deny this

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by boss1310(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
what has been the benefits of national assembly in this country since democracy except to gulp money

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by INTERMAN: 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
because a brand new car is his birth right

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Firefire(m): 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Criminals...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Intendy: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Ali ndume as a person is pround and arrogant.
when I saw him @ unilag yesterday he almost went mad over something trivial cause he needed notice me but I'll meet him @ home.
daniska walahi.
though for security reason to some extent he his right

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by MckOBEY(m): 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2016
Infact na taxi na suppose use!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
isoritte...no wonder somebody called us people of the "Zoo"

4 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Afrok(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
So their salaries is not enough for each member to get a car or cars of their choice? Well, if coastal buses were not meant to be used by humans, it wouldn't have been built in the first place.

13 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by vkon2(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Na wao, see levels. If it will be made in Nigeria, he said that one is another thing. See ego at its peak
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
The senator is right shaa.Our Senators should have their official cars but the Prices should not be too exorbitant

5 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by notoriousbabe: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
I just hate this guy

If you know him please tell him that I hate him

6 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by makabulchi(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Who born u...Ogbeni ur a representative of d people,we put ur black ass on der tru our vote.
Thunder fire d budget

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by GENT95(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
dis man z more idiotic

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
Missplaced priority by unpatriotic bunch called senators.................

"To you tents o ye children of Jerusalem..............your Garri is soaked and ready".

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Pangea: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
angry
The more they speak the more we discover the fact that they are empty upstairs!

8 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
contactmorak:
Hmm
Congrats Mr Op FTC
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by richidinho(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
You guys should free these senators please, i know of a particular minister in Maitama axis where am working that has more than 5 cars in his entourage.
lets be sincere, if you are a senator will you be needing a personal car?

Buhari is trying to divert our attention with this senators car issue, ok how can the executive justify the buying of books for Vice-president office that amount up to 300million more than the entire budget for all Govt Universities in the country

11 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by bettercreature(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2016
He is actually right,they deserves the best cars out there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by makabulchi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
MckOBEY:
Infact na taxi na suppose use!
Keke napep
Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
His words is so inconsequential to me, even with the out look of man he needs to be prob

2 Likes

Re: How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries by rayobaba(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2016
African mentality. So people who enter buses are inferior to senators.
Mtcheew.
What pains me pass na ds stamp duties ds comedian senators and ministers go dey chop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

206 Reps Demand Dogara’s Resignation / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally: Oyo State, Ibadan ( PICTURES) / May 29: Anxiety As Supreme Court Decides Tinubu-Shettima’s Fate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.