Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway (47626 Views)

Truck Falls On Man's Car On Ojuelegba Bridge, Comes Out Alive From The Accident / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain / Accident On Akure Highway, Vehicles Burnt (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Kay17: 3:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
The passengers hardly had the opportunity to escape because of the sardine packaging of the commuters. Time after time, the same safety issue yet no will to resolve it.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by princessbecky(f): 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
Can't stop crying...Lord have mercy
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Timbuktu14(m): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Oh my God! embarassed embarassed
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Jasperwhizz(m): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2016
JEHOVAH MY FATHER HELP YOUR CHILDREN IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by domopps(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
Blood of Jesus see ppl roasting like a goat

Rip! God pls protect me and my family
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by smartwilly4eva: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2016
Rip.to the dead
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by PweetyJbaby(f): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2016
Omg! Dis is terrible God hav mercy
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by arimahoseloka(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
oh lord, what is life? the only meaningful thing in this world is just to continuously praise and worship you. everything else you do is just vanity
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
domopps:
Blood of God pls protect me and my family
you and your family?
Rather selfish!
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Phonon: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2016
Exactly whose portion is it? Are there some people out there who deserve to die like this? angry

BiggerBangs:
shocked

JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH .....MAY THIS NEVER BE OUR PORTION ,(this is beyond saying...its a painful death) cry cry
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by SolexxBarry(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
Worst way to die,rip to the dead
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by josh93: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
God help us
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by amudah: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by honvalid(m): 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
That I s why we should always thank God for the gift of life.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by mamagee3(f): 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
RIP to the dead
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by openmine(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Just read most of the comments here and am just shocked and dumbfounded at the selfishness exhibited by over-religious
folks who want God to do everything for them including wearing them their own clothes or wash deir dirty dishes sad ..lazy mentality... undecided

Nigerians are roasted on our roads every week...and sum pips keep typing "RIP" or "let it not happen to me IJN" instead of thinking...
how has 'RIP' stopped people from dying on our roads..?

Wen are we going to be proactive and insist that d right tins sud b done in our country?....why are we so greedy,self-centered and
nonchalant in our attitude....and yet we want tins to miraculously start working or get better in our society?

This is not the first time that humans like will be burnt and roasted like a toasted duck,and its certainly not going to be the last
if we don't make an effort on our own to speak out instead of the regular but stale "RIP".....

why can't start by insisting dat drivers be careful wen driving........

Most of the fatal accidents on our roads are as a result of over speeding and total negligence of simple traffic rules by road users...

furthermore,we must use the social media like twitter or facebook to pressure the various authorities to be alive to their responsibilities to curb these incessant but avoidable carnage on our roads....Enough of dese RIPs....! angry angry

i feel nothing but pity for the families of the dead..What a loss! cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by domopps(m): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
LEGALAide:

you and your family?
Rather selfish!

Should rather be you and ur family I guess?

Cheeeers
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
domopps:

Should rather be you and ur family I guess?

Cheeeers
Never mind.
Just an observation.
You may choose to re arrange your philosophy.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by domopps(m): 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
LEGALAide:

Never mind.
Just an observation.
You may choose to re arrange your philosophy.

But my business and not yours!

Cheeeeers
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
LORD JESUS have mercy.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by smithe113(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Jesus christ..... RIP to the dead...... but why human being cum roast while yam no roast for the first pics.....FORCES!!!
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
OH NOOOO! NOT AGAIIIIIIIN!! cry
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by luluosas(m): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Lord Jesus, have mercy on us amen
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by larry2chat(f): 2:30am On Mar 05, 2016
banmee:

God won't. Nigerians have to help themselves. Traffic safety and POV operation is a very simple thing to master. Nigerians don't take anything related to motoring seriously and worse is they don't know anything about it. They think they do, but they don't. As evidenced by the high rate of casualties on a regular basis. They think it's all about buying a car, registering it and driving away. It is more complicated than that. In Germany on the autobahn, you can practically drive at whatever speeds you want and in all my years that I worked and lived there, i never saw one accident. Not one. Think about that.

You're right and moreover that road should be a dual lane or the bushes around the road be reduced like that of ilesha-ibadan express way.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by banmee(m): 2:46am On Mar 05, 2016
larry2chat:

You're right and moreover that road should be a dual lane or the bushes around the road be reduced like that of ilesha-ibadan express way.

You are also right. But, it goes deeper than that. The whole orientation about operating a POV of the average Nigerian must and should be revised. Driving is not a right but a privilege that can be taken away at any time. Nigerians think it is a right and therefore shoulder no responsibility when operating a vehicle. In Germany/England/U.S for example, the long term ramifications for an offence for, lets say a DUI, is almost unquantifiable. In Nigeria, it is business as usual. Things need to change.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Thryphosa(m): 3:01am On Mar 05, 2016
banmee:

God won't. Nigerians have to help themselves. Traffic safety and POV operation is a very simple thing to master. Nigerians don't take anything related to motoring seriously and worse is they don't know anything about it. They think they do, but they don't. As evidenced by the high rate of casualties on a regular basis. They think it's all about buying a car, registering it and driving away. It is more complicated than that. In Germany on the autobahn, you can practically drive at whatever speeds you want and in all my years that I worked and lived there, i never saw one accident. Not one. Think about that.

You're correct bro, I chatted with my brother in Dresden sometimes last week, and he said he has not heard or seen any accident scene for the past three years he has been living there. So many things are not done right in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by YaksonFCA(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2016
Hm! May their gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by engrjacuzzi: 8:06am On Mar 05, 2016
tankers need to ply on track to avoid sad news RIP!
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by dondokunseun(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2016
Hmmm. God of mercy pls continue having mercy on us. RIP
Re: Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway by Lasunjane: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2016
May
God protect us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Hands Over N2 Million Recovered At Accident Scene In Ogun (Photos) / Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa / 3,500 Years Ago, Stone Pillar Was Abandoned During Construction In Egypt(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.