Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Feminism: The True Colour - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feminism: The True Colour (30116 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
How are you, favourite one, @firstEVA?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
Are we going to just stare at the screen all day?
Brown chocolate damsel, won't you say me something?
@firstEVA smiley
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

You forgot about me all day.
No hi, no good morning, no nothing.

I thought our battery was original
Didn't know it was Chinese.

grin

I have been engaged on the other end trying to catch up on all we have missed these past few days tongue u know what I mean.

Then I remembered postman, the darling who brings peace to my soul

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:
Are we going to just stare at the screen all day?
Brown chocolate damsel, won't you say me something?
@firstEVA smiley
network a bit slow
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
firstEVA:

I have been engaged on the other end trying to catch up on all we have missed these past few days tongue u know what I mean.

Then I remembered postman, the darling who brings peace to my soul

grin grin grin

I was more like waiting on when your letter would arrive.
I was beginning to think, we ran outta battery.
wink
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

I was more like waiting on when your letter would arrive.
I was beginning to think, we ran outta battery.
wink
hahahaha, no I didn't run out of battery.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
firstEVA:
hahahaha, no I didn't run out of battery.

Ok. Good to know. How busy are you?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

Ok. Good to know. How busy are you?
kind of busy keeping up.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
firstEVA:
kind of busy keeping up.

Ok. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if you hit me up when you're less busy?
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

Ok. Wouldn't it be more beneficial if you hit me up when you're less busy?
ok
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by OneManLegion(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

Some of your points are valid. Esp on the character of J.E.SU.S. But sometimes you call a dog by its name. JE.S.U.S did that.

Though It is strange your comment is only coming now after your being here plenty of times over many days.

I reckon this handle is an alternate. I would like to know your major or original handle and why the veil with this one. I can't shake off the feeling that MOST alternates are creepy and phoney.

A genuine alternate should freely and readily link his past moniker to the new one.

While I wait for your real moniker, I'll like to tell you that Nigeria is indeed a secular state but there is freedom of expression and religion.

And yes, when I knew no better, I separated intellectual discourse from religion, but not anymore.

I reckon the bible fits in perfectly for almost every purpose. It is way ahead of human intelligence and it answers all question beyond reasonable reproach.

The belief of man that religion should be separated from intellectual discourse is as a result of man's pride and godlessness. And that's exactly what is wrong with the world. Man tries to use education to replace religion. It didn't work and it never will.

Do you know far back in the old days, it was highly religious men that knew how to write and has deep knowledge about life, science and GOD?

But when satan hijacked education, he tried to separate education from GOD. This has not always been the case from the onset.

So yes, while I always retain caution in making religious attributes to intellectual discourse, it will never be stopped altogether. It was all done on purpose.

To your point on equal pay; I wonder how many times I'm going to say this!!!

I'm not going to tell you where I work but, when you study our pay slip, you discover that you're been paid on hourly basis, even down to the bonus and entitlement. And it's not a government establishment. And that's global practice, even in America!

If a woman takes a maternity leave, who does her work, all the months she'll be away?
If it is a staff within, will he or she be paid for the extra work and overtime spent? Yes he or she should.
From what purse? Should the company pay extra or from what ought to be the bonus of the woman who's on maternity leave?

Now for private, profit oriented firms, they know the cost ratio of male/female worker. They know that at certain period of time, a female worker will be off duty, whether for maternal reason or whatever is immaterial. What's important is there is job to be done and it's affecting profit.

So some private firms in the West don't pay men and women the same. It is pure logic, sentiments aside.

You made a lot of assumptions and assertions; I regret to say they were mostly wrong.

No, I have no alternate account or moniker.

Though I've been here a couple of times before, I didn't deign to comment because I never bothered to read the post, I was notified of a post one of the people I followed shared and I met your response to someone which I read for just fun. I only came across this thread again a couple of days back and I decided to find out what the thread is about.

I should tell you that when you maintained a divargation between intellectual discourse and theological discourse was when you actually knew better.

I would have thought that you would be ashamed of that dark time in human history when knowledge lay at the hands of only the religious elites. I would have you know that in that age, where the church controlled all resources, only senior members of the church had access to education and by extension, science. The church clamped down heavily on all dissenting voices and religions. The freedom of expression you currently enjoy now was not allowed by the church.

The church also propagated a lot of erroneous and arrogant theories which they accepted as fact; for instance, the geocentric theory. Galileo Galelei who dared disagree with them and proposed the heliocentric theory(on the weight of substantial evidence) was ostracized and later on, placed under house arrest.
The victims of the inquisitions were not that lucky. A very large number of "heathens" lost their lives to the catholic jihad under the blood-thirsty papacy. So, if Satan hijacking the education is what affords a non-Christian like me the chance to engage you in this repartee, then I have more to be grateful to satan than I thought.

I had to take that long detour because I'd to show you that Christianity, like almost all religions, have a lot to be ashamed about.

Back to our discourse, you went through a whole lot of trouble to show me the salary structure to show me how giving the female workers who go on maternity leaves and have their responsibilities re-assigned to others is unjust.

First off, when a person takes on more than his/her fair share of work, they're compensated for it. There's no company I've heard of that delegates extra work to workers without added emoluments.

Secondly, you seem very concerned that men and women earn the same pay and that the company may suffer losses. Really? So, the company will suffer losses if they pay men and women the same?
You know, of course, that that assertion is in total dearth of any iota of verisimilitude. Let the companies do the protests, unless you summoned that effete argument in order to mask your deep-seated misogyny behind a superficial facade of concern for the company's profit returns. This argument, you know, holds no water.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
OneManLegion:

You made a lot of assumptions and assertions; I regret to say they were mostly wrong.

Though I've been here a couple of times before, I didn't deign to comment because I never bothered to read the post, I was notified of a post one of the people I followed shared and I met your response to someone which I read for just fun. I only came across this thread again a couple of days back and I decided to find out what the thread is about.

I should tell you that when you maintained a divargation between intellectual discourse and theological discourse was when you actually knew better.

I would have thought that you would be ashamed of that dark time in human history when knowledge lay at the hands of only the religious elites. I would have you know that in that age, where the church controlled all resources, only senior members of the church had access to education and by extension, science. The church clamped down heavily on all dissenting voices and religions. The freedom of expression you currently enjoy now was not allowed by the church.

The church also propagated a lot of erroneous and arrogant theories which they accepted as fact; for instance, the geocentric theory. Galileo Galelei who dared disagree with them and proposed the heliocentric theory(on the weight of substantial evidence) was ostracized and later on, placed under house arrest.
The victims of the inquisitions were not that lucky. A very large number of "heathens" lost their lives to the catholic jihad under the blood-thirsty papacy. So, if Satan hijacking the education is what affords a non-Christian like me the chance to engage you in this repartee, then I have more to be grateful to satan than I thought.

I had to take that long detour because I'd to show you that Christianity, like almost all religions, have a lot to be ashamed about.

Back to our discourse, you went through a whole lot of trouble to show me the salary structure to show me how giving the female workers who go on maternity leaves and have their responsibilities re-assigned to others is unjust.

First off, when a person takes on more than his/her fair share of work, they're compensated for it. There's no company I've heard of that delegates extra work to workers without added emoluments.

Secondly, you seem very concerned that men and women earn the same pay and that the company may suffer losses. Really? So, the company will suffer losses if they pay men and women the same?
You know, of course, that that assertion is in total dearth of any iota of verisimilitude. Let the companies do the protests, unless you summoned that effete argument in order to mask your deep-seated misogyny behind a superficial facade of concern for the company's profit returns. This argument, you know, holds no water.

Now your veil is falling off gradually and I see you clearer. So what humbled you to comment since commenting in such a topic is below your station?
But it wasn't below your station to condescend so low as to celebrate e-punches. You're really one of a kind!!!

I'll give you the dignity of just the last reply.
I can't categorically call you an atheist, which you sound like, but you're obviously not a Christian. I think you're holding stead for somebody who share your creed. Whether it was self-elective or delegated, is of little importance.

Because of the great divide between us in beliefs-- mine which leans more on Christianity and yours which stemmed from logic and intelligence of man, there can never be a meeting point for us.

Do you remember how you announced your arrival on this thread?

You quoted a comment from several pages down where jabs were traded and you wrote either "fatality or "brutality".

Then you copied one of my jabs and said some stuffs. From a psychological point of view, you gave alot away with those.

It is quite strange calling my brief explanation why men and women don't earn same salary a lot of trouble.

If you took time out to read this thread, in page one I explained that in government establishment where profit isn't much of a priority, it's not a problem.

But even in the West, whose ideologies you proudly swallowed hook line and sinker, the men and women don't earn exactly same thing in some private firms.

Will the company suffer lose if they pay both same? Hehehehe! That question exposes your ignorance in global best practice in employer/employee relationship
There's what you call workers satisfaction and fairness.
If you pay Mr A same as you pay Mr B, and Mr A puts in more time and workload than Mr B, Mr A will grumble and feel unappreciated. He will lower his work rate and enthusiasm because he knows there is no gain in putting extra effort and hours. So private firms in the West are very conscious of that. So the company loses when they pay the same when some are working more than others. Whether it is man vs man or man vs woman doesn't count.

You're right it's not my cry. I'm only re-echoing what the private companies believe is their right. So you can spare me your frustration and bitterness in that regard and ask your overlords in the West why they haven't succeeded in that regard.

Your attempts at castigating Christianity is a poor and intellectually bankrupt attempt at what the book "The Lord's generals" has made clear.

That there was a corrupt high priest doesn't make a religion bad in itself. Or a corrupt king doesn't make a Kingdom unworthy of sovereignty.

Your pride and arrogance will not allow you see anything beyond human logic and intelligence.

The ability to read and write was first a divine privilege before it became common place.

And GOD entrusted that ability to some selected few, who could be entrusted to preserve scripture from adulteration until the time is right.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the catholic church held too long to that principle. The church eventually divided and people could print the bible at will. And it has become adulterated.
There is even a feminist version of the bible where every masculine attributes and pronouns used in referring to GOD was adulterated to be feminist.

E.g:

GOD said in the scriptures: " today you're my son and I've become your FATHER". It is clear from the above scriptural quotation that GOD referred to HIMSELF as a HE.

Why would any feminist movement has a problem with that and see fit that it be changed? It's simply demonic.

While the catholic church is the first organised church, it was never the first church. And it's simply ignorance to marry early Christianity to catholic church. Catholic church came about as the Roman government's attempt at accepting Christ. Since Rome was the world power then, the church assumed a lot of powers then. And those who were young converts used the church as medium to extend power. But there were smaller groups of Christians that were everywhere, from Greece to Asia doing selfless missionary and charity works. And have no association with the catholic church. The Catholic Church played a great role in Christianity no doubt. But so did other christIan groups as well who played thier own roles.

It is unfortunate that you failed to see the essence of spiritual knowledge as supreme over human wisdom and understanding.

The good old America that was solid and sound in morality and judgement founded their constitution based on Christianity and so did Britain.

And they were leading examples to many nations. But satan didn't separate education from religion overnight. It was a gradual processs. And America is falling already as a result. She is more godless and morally bankrupt than anytime of her history.

Japan is a perfect example of godlessness. Overran by America in world war2, she has never had a spiritual leader for moral guidance. She is more Western than Western nations. Of course satan has gifts too, but in exchange for something more precious.

Japan with all her technological advancement is actually a country in decline. For the past 10 years she is having decline in her population. Adult diapers sell more than baby diapers. 30% of her population refuse marriage.

Women hang in pubs and pick men home for the night.
A lot of them have virtual girl/boyfriend which only exist in some 3D high graphic computer and have no real relationship of the opposite sex in real life.

The West are now studying Japan as the negativity of Westernization. And they attributed one thing as the major cause, that JAPAN HAS NO SPIRITUAL LEADER.

When a country begins to slip into depopulation for a whopping 10 years, that's serious! The consequences are obvious....

Look, for more than one week all I talk about is mostly feminism.

The debate has been overflogged. Since you missed out when it was on, kindly take the path an intellectual would take, create a counter thread of some sort and show us how good you really are.

I find myself repeating myself. You keep repeating so many questions I've dealt with earlier in the thread.
Like I said, since there is no God in your life, we can never come to a point. I see human problems and behaviours from two angles. Most stem from the spiritual while manifesting in the physical.

I'll appreciate it if you take the noble path of an intellectual and create your own thread on the issues you disagree with.
Let's see you on the podium!

***modified***

I wasn't expecting you to own up to an alternate moniker. But everything about you betrays you are a regular on this forum.

You bear the traits of someone I hear of. Why can't you drop a point, and stand to receive the reply and counter immediately or almost immediately?

Sshhhh! Don't tell me you're busy. That will sound dumb and foolish. You're on a vendetta, a lost one actually.

Your pretence at intelligence is artificial hence it takes you days to come back. You put on a borrowed suit and clearly is a misfit.

I played along just to allow you expose yourself a little further. And you took the bait blindly.

#Kidult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by lezz(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
OneManLegion:

All this long junk of uncorrelated literary wastage without a single point!!!

Darkenedbaboon cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by lezz(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
postmann:

Now your veil is falling off gradually and I see you clearer. So what humbled you to comment since commenting in such a topic is above your station.
But it wasn't above your station to condescend so low as to celebrate e-punches. You're really one of a kind!!!

I can't categorically call you an atheist, which you sound like, but you're obviously not a Christian. I think you're holding stead for somebody who share your creed. Whether it was self-elective or delegated, is of little importance.

Because of the great divide between us in beliefs-- mine which leans more on Christianity and yours which stemmed from logic and intelligence of man, there can never be a meeting point for us.

You quoted a comment from several pages down where jabs were traded and you wrote either "fatality or "brutality".

Then you copied one of my jabs and said some stuffs. From a psychological point of view, you gave alot away with those.

It is quite strange calling my brief explanation why men and women don't earn same salary a lot of trouble.

If you took time out to read this thread, in page one I explained that in government establishment where profit isn't much of a priority, it's not a problem.

But even in the West, whose ideologies you proudly swallowed hook line and sinker, the men and women don't earn exactly same thing in some private firms.

Will the company suffer lose if they pay both same? Hehehehe! That question exposes your ignorance in global best practice in employer/employee relationship
If you pay Mr A same as you pay Mr B, and Mr A puts in more time and workload than Mr B, Mr A will grumble and feel unappreciated. He will lower his work rate and enthusiasm because he knows there is no gain in putting extra effort and hours. So private firms in the West are very conscious of that. So the company loses when they pay the same when some are working more than others. Whether it is man vs man or man vs woman doesn't count.

You're right it's not my cry. I'm only re-echoing what the private companies believe is their right. So you can spare me your frustration and bitterness in that regard and ask your overlords in the West why they haven't succeeded in that regard.

Your attempts at castigating Christianity is a poor and intellectually bankrupt attempt at what the book "The Lord's generals" has made clear.

That there was a corrupt high priest doesn't make a religion bad in itself. Or a corrupt king doesn't make a Kingdom unworthy of sovereignty.

Your pride and arrogance will not allow you see anything beyond human logic and intelligence.

The ability to read and write was first a divine privilege before it became common place.

And GOD entrusted that ability to some selected few, who could be entrusted to preserve scripture from adulteration until the time is right.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the catholic church held too long to that principle. The church eventually divided and people could print the bible at will. And it has become adulterated.
There is even a feminist version of the bible where every masculine attributes and pronouns used in referring to GOD was adulterated to be feminist.

E.g:

GOD said in the scriptures: " today you're my son and I've become your FATHER". It is clear from the above scriptural quotation that GOD referred to HIMSELF as a HE.

Why would any feminist movement has a problem with that and see fit that it be changed? It's simply demonic.

While the catholic church is the first organised church, it was never the first church. And it's simply ignorance to marry early Christianity to catholic church. Catholic church came about as the Roman government's attempt at accepting Christ. Since Rome was the world power then, the church assumed a lot of powers then. And when those who were young converts used the church as medium to extend power. But there were smaller groups of Christians that were everywhere, from Greece to Asia doing selfless missionary and charity works. And have no association with the catholic church. The Catholic Church played a great role in Christianity no doubt. But so where other christIan groups as well who played thier own roles.

It is unfortunate that you failed to see the essence of spiritual knowledge as supreme over human wisdom and understanding.

The good old America that was solid and sound in morality and judgement founded their constitution based on Christianity and so did Britain.

And they were leading examples to many nations. But satan didn't separate education from religion overnight. It was a gradual processs. And America is falling already as a result. She is more godless and morally bankrupt than anytime of her history.

Japan is a perfect example of godlessness. Overran by America in world war2, she has never had a spiritual leader for moral guidance. She is more Western than Western nations. Of course satan has gifts too, but in exchange for something more precious.

Japan with all her technological advancement is actually a country in decline. For the past 10 years she is having decline in her population. Adult diapers sell more than baby diapers. 30% of her population refuse marriage.

A lot of them have virtual girl/boyfriend which only exist in some 3D high graphic computer and have no real relationship of the opposite sex in real life.

The West are now studying Japan as the negativity of Westernization. And they attributed one thing as the major cause, that JAPAN HAS NO SPIRITUAL LEADER.

When a country begins to slip into depopulation for a whopping 10 years, that's serious! The consequences are obvious....

The debate has been overflogged. Since you missed out when it was on, kindly take the path an intellectuals would take, create a counter thread of some sort and show us how good you really are.

I find myself repeating myself. You keep repeating so many questions I've dealt with earlier in the thread.
Like I said, since there is no God in your life, we can never come to a point. I see human problems and behaviours from two angles. Most stem from the spiritual while manifesting in the physical.

I'll appreciate it if take the noble path of an intellectual and create your own thread on the issues you disagree with.
The_imbecile is darkenedbaboon, always looking for controversy to remedy his life of fleeting promise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2016
lezz:
The_imbecile is darkenedbaboon, always looking for controversy to remedy his life of fleeting promise!

grin grin grin

The fingerprints matched. Whenever he gets involved in an intellectuall confrontation or duel, it takes him several hours or days to reply. That's a sure proof of intellectual bankruptcy. And notice how he uses his grammar in an uncoordinated, unnatural way.

For every line he drops, he has to do some consultations and study and this normally takes several hours and sometimes days.

Notice the time lag in each of his replies to my post. Then notice the short interval it took me to give him a follow up reply.

You'll come quickly and rightly to this conclusion:

This guy's head is originally empty, and has no ready-made answers to intellectual discourse. He has to read, and do some cramming for the subject at hand and only then can he pass his poor, shallow, vain-spirited, glory-craving, intellectually bankrupt ideas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by lezz(m): 11:00am On Mar 18, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

The fingerprints matched. When ever he gets involved in an intellectuall confrontation or duel, it takes him several hours or days to reply. That's a sure proof of intellectual bankruptcy. And notice how he uses his grammar in an uncoordinated, unnatural way.

For every line he drops, he has to do some consultations and study and this normally takes several hours and sometimes days.

Notice the time lag in each of his replies to my post. Then notice the short interval it took me to give him a follow up reply.

This guy's head is originally empty, and has no ready-made answers to intellectual discourse. He has to read, and do some cramming for the subject at hand and only then can he pass his poor, shallow, vain-spirited, glory-craving, intellectually bankrupt ideas.

Na kill you one kill this boy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 11:00am On Mar 18, 2016
grin
Two guests on my thread!
Doing what exactly?

***Sniffing.... Hmmmm!

one is a fallen vampire.

Licking his wounds in a solitary abandonment.
Disposed of false glory
Cast down to the dust

N-life for him as he once knew it, is over!

You may now appear from the shadows of cowardice,
Oh, darkenbaboon
For your enemies are gone for now.

Be quick! Take all you can before they return
For soon they shall have what is left
Of your flesh
grin grin grin
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Dklef(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
LOL, Lez and postman. What has darkrebel done to yall on this NL sef?

All these bashings from left, right, center and bottom!
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by OneManLegion(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
postmann:

Now your veil is falling off gradually and I see you clearer. So what humbled you to comment since commenting in such a topic is below your station?
But it wasn't below your station to condescend so low as to celebrate e-punches. You're really one of a kind!!!

E.g:

While the catholic church is the first organised church, it was never the first church. And it's simply ignorance to marry early Christianity to catholic church. Catholic church came about as the Roman government's attempt at accepting Christ. Since Rome was the world power then, the church assumed a lot of powers then. And those who were young converts used the church as medium to extend power. But there were smaller groups of Christians that were everywhere, from Greece to Asia doing selfless missionary and charity works. And have no association with the catholic church. The Catholic Church played a great role in Christianity no doubt. But so did other christIan groups as well who played thier own roles.

The debate has been overflogged. Since you missed out when it was on, kindly take the path an intellectual would take, create a counter thread of some sort and show us how good you really are.

I'll appreciate it if you take the noble path of an intellectual and create your own thread on the issues you disagree with.

***modified***

I wasn't expecting you to own up to an alternate moniker. But everything about you betrays you are a regular on this forum.

You bear the traits of someone I hear of. Why can't you drop a point, and stand to receive the reply and counter immediately or almost immediately?

Sshhhh! Don't tell me you're busy. That will sound dumb and foolish. You're on a vendetta, a lost one actually.

Your pretence at intelligence is artificial hence it takes you days to come back. You put on a borrowed suit and clearly is a misfit.

I played along just to allow you expose yourself a little further. And you took the bait blindly.

#Kidult

I don't know what it is that makes you jump to conclusions the way you do, but I'll correct you once again, and unlike you, I won't describe you with impertinent adjectives like "arrogant", "ignorant" and "proud". A sizeable portion of your post was ad hominem.

I never said or implied that commenting on this thread is beneath my station. In fact, condescension is beneath my station. Tagging someone as "ignorant", "arrogant" or "proud" IS beneath my station.

Yes, I remember how I announced my presence on this thread and I'm still of the firm belief that that has no bearing on this present discourse. I'm here on Nairaland to have fun and if I come across any of your posts I think is worth quoting or commenting on, I'd do it without a sliver of hesitation.

The ability to read and write is not a divine gift. I find your averment to the contrary very laughable. Several centuries before the birth of your Christ, the Chinese had invented papers and writing.

If according to you, there was no literacy until God magnanimously deemed humans worthy upon the birth of Christ, who wrote the scrolls of sorcery of the Galatians that were later burned?

I don't know what your parameters are in determining the greatness of a nation, but USA remains one of the greatest countries in the history of humankind. They have strong institutions, strong laws, and most importantly, the strongest economy in the world. Japan, the other "godless" state, is the country with the second best economy in the world. They're are the supremo limo in the field of technological advancement and advanced robotics. Their country works. Well.

When USA was founded, on Bible Principles, slavery was legal and acceptable, women were disenfranchised and their economy was yet in it's nascence.

You claim Japan suffers perversion and that their girls pick guys in pubs and that they engage in relationships with virtual personae. With all due respect, what an adult does with his or her life is none of your business; as long as you're not negatively affected. One of the beauties of secularism is that it doesn't force it's views on people, which is more than can be said of most religions, especially Christianity.

Japan's population has been facing a slight decline in the past 10 years. If a people decide to not marry, it is their business. No one has any right to decide for adults, what they do with their lives. A regressing population is more preferable to the unabated population explosion that most countries face now.

You claim that "the west" are now studying Japan in a bid to understand the negativity of westernisation. If I may ask, who is or are "the west"? When was this study commenced? Can you provide a link or proof to such site? Can you defend the veracity of such a claim? I dare say you won't.

Japan and the US are glowing quintessence of what secularity could do to a state.

Finally, you said that I should open a thread and write a rejoinder. I won't.

P.S. I've had a difference in opinion with a certain KingEbukasBlog before. He's a Christian too. We argued with civility and ended the discourse with a superficial but evident respect for each other's faith, or the lack thereof. He wasn't condescending and he wasn't eager to resort to name-calling.

Have a nice day.

***Modified***

As if I knew you'd resort to more unsavoury verbiage.
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Does this mean you can't argue with someone without insulting? Do you know how juvenile you appear? You don't convince me with your pseudo-intellection at all. You have a long way to go, both in communication etiquettes and in general knowledge.

Once again, this is the only account I have on Nairaland and this is my only nomen. I couldn't post a reply early enough because I AM busy. Whether you believe it or not is none of my concern. If you reply this post and you use rude, unbecoming verbiage with me, you won't get a response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by OneManLegion(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
lezz:
All this long junk of uncorrelated literary wastage without a single point!!!

Darkenedbaboon cool

I don't enjoy unnecessary mudslinging. I'd advise you to choose a more agreeable pastime. I am not Darkenedbaboon, thank you very much.

***Modified***

I don't understand what your friend means by I'm intellectually bankrupt and that I take hours to respond. The first time I replied his mention late, I didn't get a notification of his mention and I only got to see the mention when I came to check this thread to see what was taking Postmann so long to reply.

The second time, today, I started to type a rejoinder immediately but was interrrupted repeatedly by customers.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with carrying out research before posting for that would ensure exactitude. It's is foolhardy and arrogant to make a post without sparing a thought to the veracity of the data therein.

That being said, that wasn't what delayed me. I'm here to argue and learn in the process, not engage anyone in some puerile chest-beating game.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
OneManLegion:

[s]I don't know what it is that makes you jump to conclusions the way you do, but I'll correct you once again, and unlike you, I won't describe you with impertinent adjectives like "arrogant", "ignorant" and "proud". A sizeable portion of your post was ad hominem.

I never said or implied that commenting on this thread is beneath my station. In fact, condescension is beneath my station. Tagging someone as "ignorant", "arrogant" or "proud" IS beneath my station.

Yes, I remember how I announced my presence on this thread and I'm still of the firm belief that that has no bearing on this present discourse. I'm here on Nairaland to have fun and if I come across any of your posts I think is worth quoting or commenting on, I'd do it without a sliver of hesitation.

The ability to read and write is not a divine gift. I find your averment to the contrary very laughable. Several centuries before the birth of your Christ, the Chinese had invented papers and writing.

If according to you, there was no literacy until God magnanimously deemed humans worthy upon the birth of Christ, who wrote the scrolls of sorcery of the Galatians that were later burned?

I don't know what your parameters are in determining the greatness of a nation, but USA remains one of the greatest countries in the history of humankind. They have strong institutions, strong laws, and most importantly, the strongest economy in the world. Japan, the other "godless" state, is the country with the second best economy in the world. They're are the supremo limo in the field of technological advancement and advanced robotics. Their country works. Well.

When USA was founded, on Bible Principles, slavery was legal and acceptable, women were disenfranchised and their economy was yet in it's nascence.

You claim Japan suffers perversion and that their girls pick guys in pubs and that they engage in relationships with virtual personae. With all due respect, what an adult does with his or her life is none of your business; as long as you're not negatively affected. One of the beauties of secularism is that it doesn't force it's views on people, which is more than can be said of most religions, especially Christianity.

Japan's population has been facing a slight decline in the past 10 years. If a people decide to not marry, it is their business. No one has any right to decide for adults, what they do with their lives. A regressing population is more preferable to the unabated population explosion that most countries face now.

You claim that "the west" are now studying Japan in a bid to understand the negativity of westernisation. If I may ask, who is or are "the west"? When was this study commenced? Can you provide a link or proof to such site? Can you defend the veracity of such a claim? I dare say you won't.

Japan and the US are glowing quintessence of what secularity could do to a state.

Finally, you said that I should open a thread and write a rejoinder. I won't.

P.S. I've had a difference in opinion with a certain KingEbukasBlog before. He's a Christian too. We argued with civility and ended the discourse with a superficial but evident respect for each other's faith, or the lack thereof. He wasn't condescending and he wasn't eager to resort to name-calling.

Have a nice day.

***Modified***

As if I knew you'd resort to more unsavoury verbiage.
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Does this mean you can't argue with someone without insulting? Do you know how juvenile you appear? You don't convince me with your pseudo-intellection at all. You have a long way to go, both in communication etiquettes and in general knowledge.

Once again, this is the only account I have on Nairaland and this is my only nomen. I couldn't post a reply early enough because I AM busy. Whether you believe it or not is none of my concern. If you reply this post and you use rude, unbecoming verbiage with me, you won't get a response.[/s]
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

The fingerprints matched. Whenever he gets involved in an intellectuall confrontation or duel, it takes him several hours or days to reply. That's a sure proof of intellectual bankruptcy. And notice how he uses his grammar in an uncoordinated, unnatural way.

cheesy cheesy
The quote below is a cliche of his:

"I couldn't post a reply early enough because I AM busy".

Those who he's had e-duels with know that's the defense he always comes up with.

Tarry a while and he'd term you jobless, ask you to grow up and probably opine he's at the Ukrainian embassy sorting out some issues while his chauffeur is having lunch. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
^^ bwahahahahahahah grin

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
No more replies. That's what I said in my last quote. I won't be tempted by my superior knowledge and wisdom to reply to the worst of your posts so far in this thread.

I'll leave you to your godlessness.

What is deign? You probably lost the meaning of the word. Your type is best served by the likes of lez.z, Lezz.lie and the darktr.oll. Be brave as to reply his mention.

Like I said, take the podium and stop being a parasite who has nothing to offer than to take a cheap ride on the back of a true intellect.

You're who I taught you are. Your attempt to prove me wrong by replying quickly resulted in your worst submission ever.

Tempted as I am, to reply you, I won't.
This thread has ended long ago.

Open yours, start a new one if you have anything upstairs.

By the way, an African atheist is the worst of fools.
Even his primitive progenitors knew there is a GOD
He only fell for the wrong one.

And African atheist is worse than his forefathers
And a hopeless orphan in a modern world where human knowledge and intervention keep failing.

A vast majority of all of great men believed and believe in a GOD.

Do me a favour, take your stupidity somewhere else.

#Fakeass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 2:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

cheesy cheesy
The quote below is a cliche of his:

"I couldn't post a reply early enough because I AM busy".

Those who he's had e-duels with know that's the defense he always comes up with.

Tarry a while and he'd term you jobless, ask you to grow up and probably opine he's at the Ukrainian embassy sorting out some issues while his chauffeur is having lunch. cheesy

Hahahahahaha!

He seems so desperate trying to convince us that he's always busy.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by postmann: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
OneManLegion:

I don't enjoy unnecessary mudslinging. I'd advise you to choose a more agreeable pastime. I am not Darkenedbaboon, thank you very much.

***Modified***

I don't understand what your friend means by I'm intellectually bankrupt and that I take hours to respond. The first time I replied his mention late, I didn't get a notification of his mention and I only got to see the mention when I came to check this thread to see what was taking Postmann so long to reply.

The second time, today, I started to type a rejoinder immediately but was interrrupted repeatedly by customers.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with carrying out research before posting for that would ensure exactitude. It's is foolhardy and arrogant to make a post without sparing a thought to the veracity of the data therein.

That being said, that wasn't what delayed me. I'm here to argue and learn in the process, not engage anyone in some puerile chest-beating game.

Darkenedbaboon, don't mention my handle any further.
You who carry an extra amount of erythrocytes of cowardice in your blood.

I have run out of pretence with you.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2016
DarkTroll:
All the beautiful epistle you wrote up there isn't feminism.

They are basic rights for women.

Feminism seeks to empower women to the exclusion of men.

If you recite the above in any part of the globe, no feminist group will open its doors to you.

If feminism was this simplistic, it would never have been mired in so much heated controversy.

Sorry Im just replying, just saw ur post. Don't let liars deceive you. I started my post with "Do your research for a reason." Ive dropped some links for you to go through, They'll give you overview of what I discussed, however you should get more on your own
http://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-and-Publications/WIC/Historical-Essays/No-Lady/Womens-Rights/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-wave_feminism
http://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/news-events/four-waves-feminism

If not for anything this movement started at a time when there was little tolerance for frivolity and silliness as we have now. There was war, disease, slavery etc. not milk and honey of now where people look for what to worry about. So again, do your research on this origins of the movement.
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2017
CoolUsername:
Blatant misogyny on display. Trying to stigmatize the word 'feminism'. Claiming that demanding equal pay is a bad thing. Doesn't every member of a democratic society have the inalienable rights to make demands to the government? But suddenly it's a bad thing when women do it?

Gender equality is a right and there's no particular 'place' for women. We see women succeed in every facet of life.

So don't try to make feminism seem like a derogatory term.

Why should men and women take equal pay? Do men take maternity leave? Are men protected by law for delivering sub-par performance like women under their monthly flow? Who benefits more from life insurance? . who does the heavy work? A man or a woman? Who is expected to pay the bills in the house and will be castigated as being less than a man if he can't meet up? Women destroying themselves and men who follow them since the garden of eden
Re: Feminism: The True Colour by prechbills1(m): 3:01am On Apr 12, 2018
CoolUsername:

There's nothing wrong in feminism, you're just insecure. Too insecure to how your opinions challenged and too insecure to allow women compete at the same level with you.

Your lack of arguments is clear as day right here. Your bigotry and chauvinism are just a facade to hide your inferiority complex. At the end of the day, you don't really matter in the grand scheme of things because your kind has nothing to offer. You claim to do research but can't even cite sources, didn't you go through formal education?

Sooner than later, equality will win. Your kind will slowly die out. Better rethink your views or go extinct in the tidal wave of enlightenment.

what amount do you pay your bf monthly?

1 Like

Re: Feminism: The True Colour by kunleweb: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2018
postmann:

Cheap blackmail. Weren't you the numb skull I told only 26% of people view the word "feminist " or feminism as a positive word? Now drag your slow brain once again and do the math. Work out how many women in the 74% are against feminism.

You must be so desperate of female company that you make a fool of yourself in your shameless, butt-licking parade.
I'll fair better than you, a male - pushover in any endeavour of life safe for the degrading chores unfit for Kings.

Women have always worked from the start. Like my grandmother and her grandmother. I like women to work. They are very needed in fields like medicine, police, councillors etc where people who prefere like-gender services are attended to.
Real men and not afraid of working women.

There's no fear of competition. The wuss in you is too effeminate for male logic. You can't see past your pansy little facade.

Being a male door mat, you took a bite at the fruit without asking questions, because you are as naive as archaic Adam.

Thee first paragraph of my post talked about some laudable achievements of feminism and no sensible man will object to it.

What's wrong with you, is this how you intended to woo Janet? She will know you're a wuss bag who lack the alpha male gene to pass to her children.

Being a compromised male, with insufficient supply of tetestorome and chromosome, you cannot look in the society in one glance and pin-point where a lot of moral decadence is coming from.

You couldn't tell the difference between a daycare and boarding school raised child from a child raised by a mother's undivided attention, Nancy boy, can you?

Dummy On A lame fightback.

Why don't you do a hasty research like me and tell us all the prons of feminism? And intellectually counter my point?

Or you are here trying to salvage the bruised ego you never had.

Counter my post with intellectual points and prove to Janet you're not of the weakest branch of the male tree.

#SwishGoat

Sh*t

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc / He Beat-up His Elder Sister For His Wife / Nigerian Lady Tattoos Her Son’s Face On Her Back (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.