Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns (29232 Views)

Substandard Phone Causes Cancer – NCC Warns / I Buy And sell Second Hand Phones.. Kaduna And Minna / Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by professore(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
Okay noted,MTN mast or any mast for that matter is dangerous to the people living around the area,this is my inference from this post
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Abee79(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
Story for the gods angry
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by mojeer678: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2016
donogaga:

Professor Dambatta who was represented by Hajia Maryam Bayi debunked insinuation that telecom facilities like masts and towers pose health hazards to residents around such facilities, saying cell phones, pose greater health risks than masts.

http://leadership.ng/news/506682/ncc-warns-use-second-hand-phones

Nigerians are in serious trouble when paid government officials who are either grossly incompetent or outright dumb are appointed to positions of serious responsibilities.

Each successive administration in NCC ALWAYS downplay the risks of the radiofrequency radiation emitted by telecom masts when in fact it is a huge danger simply because NCC derives income and revenue from telecom operators with their killing masts. Why penalise the goose laying the golden eggs? But what of the innocent lives being wasted just because some people are hiding the truth?

Please consider the following and place them beside the irresponsible statement by Hajia Maryam Bayi whose qualifications to make such a categorical statement are unknown. But if what she uttered is the official policy of NCC, then Nigerians are in for a rough time in the hands of telecom operators:

• An international working group of scientists, researchers and public health policy professionals (The BioInitiative Working Group) has released its peer-reviewed report on electromagnetic fields (EMF) and health. By reviewing more than 2,000 (Two Thousand) peer-reviewed studies, they document serious scientific concerns about current limits regulating how much EMF is allowable from power lines, cell phones, and many other sources of EMF exposure in daily life. The report concludes that the existing standards for public safety are inadequate to protect public health. See Bioinitiative Report 2012 - www.bioiniative.org

• The issue of the harmful effects of radiofrequency or electromagnetic/microwave radiation is a keenly contested one and it is a fact that sometimes, science does not keep pace with new environmental exposures that are by-products of useful things we want to buy and use in society. So, the deployment runs ahead of knowledge of health risks. It is an old story. But eventually, mankind come to realise the potential risks inherent in whatever might have been taken for granted. Examples include the issues of asbestos, mercury and lead before appropriate steps were taken to restrict their uses in manufacturing processes.

• In Dec. 2007 and June 2008 ICEMS and the 47 scientists who were signatories to the Benevento Resolution stated in the follow-up Venice Resolution:
“…we are compelled to confirm the existence of non-thermal effects of electromagnetic fields on living matter, which seem to occur at every level of investigation from molecular to epidemiological…” and urged the immediate adoption of precautionary measures to protect the public. (www.icems.eu).

• Dr. Gerard Hyland, a Physicist, says existing safety guidelines for cell phone towers are completely inadequate, since they focus only on the thermal effects of exposure. Hyland, twice nominated for the Nobel Prize in Medicine, says existing safety guidelines "afford no protection" against the non-thermal influences. “Quite justifiably, the public remains skeptical of attempts by governments and telecommunications industries to reassure them that all is well, particularly given the unethical way in which they often operate symbiotically so as to promote their own vested economic interests”.

• Cindy Sage, co-editor of the Bioinitiative Report writes, “The WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer has just issued its decision that non-ionizing radiofrequency radiation is classified as a 2B (Possible) Carcinogen. This is the same category as DDT, lead, and engine exhaust. This mirrors the 2001 IARC finding that extremely low frequency (ELF-EMF) that classified as a 2B (Possible) Carcinogen. This pertained to power frequency (power line and appliance) non-ionizing radiation. See http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

• The designation applies to low-intensity RFR in general, covering all RFR-emitting devices and exposure sources (cell and cordless phones, WI-FI, wireless laptops, wireless hotspots, electronic baby monitors, wireless classroom access points, wireless antenna facilities, etc). These two findings confirm that non-ionizing radiation should be considered as a possible risk factor for cancers; and that new, biologically-based public safety standards are urgently needed.”

But the truth is too unpleasant and must be swept under the carpet. In any serious nation, NCC would have been overhauled and seasoned and tested professionals placed there but we know that Nigeria doesn't fall into that category.

Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by mojeer678: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
professore:
Okay noted,MTN mast or any mast for that matter is dangerous to the people living around the area,this is my inference from this post

grin Funny but grimly true!
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by professore(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
mojeer678:

grin Funny but grimly true!
Thanks for the understanding my brother grin
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Pastis: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
A brand new phone today is a tokunbo tomorrow, so what's d guy saying?
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Like say them plant money 4 new phone 4 my hand. If I want brand new iPhone, HTC, Samsung and co that's lyk 200k. If they seriously care they should encourage made in Nigeria phones, so that there'll be more of dem Tecno, Infinix n the like at least those ones are trying. Value workout hurting the pocket.
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Princewell2012(m): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Pergrace:
When we don't manufacture phones.. why not encourage local production...

grin. shocked
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
*yawns*
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by owewe0409: 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
I have been warning pple but the will not take my advice
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by blezynetym(f): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
He didn't give any reason y Nigerians shouldn't use second hand phones. It's no news, was just passing though. I dey greet Una ooooo grin
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
I wanted to hear something smart or scary like ''these phones after a long period of time begins to emit dangerous radioactive waves or before these phones are sent to africa they are installed with chips to track africans'' ......no be only poor service......mtcheww#MumuPeople
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by skedy1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Its just like saying we in the hostels should stop drinking garri, sake of Ebola.

How the hell do you want us to successfully complete a day here without sipping garri
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by fulfillbill(m): 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Alhaji Tecno is the phone they are talking about

Na Wash cheesy
Re: Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns by Origin(f): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
EeeeYaaaahh. I'm in trouble na UK used I de use.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Public Wifi In BRT Buses / Everything About Apple Iphone 14, Apple Watch Event Wrap-up / 5 Reasons To Buy An Android Phone With A Removable Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.