Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,137 members, 7,842,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Our PROBLEM In Nigeria Is Not Corruption. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our PROBLEM In Nigeria Is Not Corruption. (497 Views)

Is This Not Corruption She Scored 181 And UNIPORT Offered Her MBBS? / She Scored 181 And UNIPORT Offered Her MBBS, Is That Not Corruption? - Aspirant / Is This Not Corruption From Waec? Request 1.8 million naira to release data. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our PROBLEM In Nigeria Is Not Corruption. by 9jamentors: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2016
Oftentimes, I heard people scream with utmost audacity that the greatest problem of Nigeria in this time is CORRUPTION but that is a big big lie of this era. Most people without any iota of doubt believe that if we can combat crime and corruption in our nation especially in the public service ministry then Nigeria will be the Eldorado that will believe and dream of.(Humm,that is another lie)
Let me start to state that corruption can never be erased from this nation as long we are unpatriotic. Corruption free society is far from our dictionary as long we indulge in some attitude that always betray the true essence of our nationhood. Every Nigerian is definitely conversant with that word but how many of us have taken the painstaking approach to deal with this menace? Our system has cripple many effort to save situation, simply because most of our leadership are indeed corrupt.

I have listened to so many comments either online or offline with the eagerness in my spirit to really have someone made an emphatic suggestion on how to deal with this madness called Corruption but to my greatest surprise, it seems that almost everyone that I have heard are just saying the same thing.

True be told, OUR PROBLEM is not CORRUPTION rather UNPATROTISM. It sounds a little bit, biased?

Un-Patriotism is the tap root of corruption.it is the lubricant that greases the locomotive of such nation and her citizen. The greatest challenge, Nigeria has in this era is the ability to tackle corruption heads on. This has made us to see corruption as a normal way of living. Take for example, When a policeman collabo with the agberos to collect money from innocent public. What do you call it? Or when a public servant loot the public funds for his personal consumption, how do you describe that?

Funny enough, Most of us will quickly say that corruption is the answer but truly UNPATRIOTISM is the real answer. Un-Patriotism is what made former Nigerian minister Umaru Dikko who fled Nigeria after a military coup in 1984, and accused of stealing $1bn (£625m) of government money not forgetting the problem of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s wahala and the ones you can remember. All these are rooted in one word “Un-Patriotism” and that is our greatest challenge in this country.

Can we overcome it? Can we ever have a “Corrupt-free society? Yes we can..

Until we come to the point of self-truthfulness and tell ourselves the simple truth to change (Not the kind of APC told us) and take the painstaking steps in re-educating ourselves of our inherent moral values that we lost decades ago.
Until we deliberately educate our children, the true essence of our nationhood and her values.

We will not enter into our El-dor-ado.

iamGsonEbuka™
© Gson Ebuka | info@gsonebuka.org
read more from https://www.facebook.com/GsonEbuka/

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Teenager Gets Accepted By All Eight Ivy League Schools - Pics / Re:welcome A New Muslimah / MCSA Training : Windows Server 2012 R2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.