Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Mum Battling Motor Neurone Disease About To Die. Cuddle Her Young Toddler - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mum Battling Motor Neurone Disease About To Die. Cuddle Her Young Toddler (491 Views)

Toddler Who Died 2 Days To Her Dedication Buried (Photos) / Teenage Philanthropist Loses Battle To Cancer After Battling It For 3 Years / Girl Burnt By Hot Water Dies After Battling With Serious Injuries. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mum Battling Motor Neurone Disease About To Die. Cuddle Her Young Toddler by kachikwudavid(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2016
Every moment shared with son Corey is precious for Alison McDonald, 36, as she doesn't know when the cruel disease will end her life.

Brave Alison McDonald can't wait to spend her second Mother's Day with her toddler son Corey.

But while tomorrow is special for mums around the UK, the day is particularly precious for the 36-year-old - as it may be her last.

Alison was diagnosed with motor neurone disease just three months after the birth of her son, the Daily Record reports .

Every minute she spends with her little boy, now 20 months, is special because she does not know when the cruel disease will end her life.

She said: “I just try to make every birthday, every Christmas, every Mother’s Day special for Corey. Hopefully I’ll still be around to enjoy many more.”

But she wept: “The thought of my child being in the world and me not there to protect him is horrible.

“I just want a cure to be found. There is so much around about cancer but there is just not the same awareness of motor neurone disease. If I win the lottery, I will give it all to MND to help find a cure.”

mirror.co.UK
www.kachikwudavid.com

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Why We Kiss With Our Eyes Closed? Psychologists Makes Interesting Re / Follow These Guidelines To Eliminate Your Snoring / You Need To See This Anonymous Quote About Cigarette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.