Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) (65669 Views)

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / 6 Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos With The Highest Number Fatal Accidents / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by bankybobo11: 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
What abt the road leading to my street? cry cry cry cry
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by EROMS38(m): 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Try Jebba-Bode sadu-Ogbomosho road u will knw dat d one mentioned above na pikin.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by manny4u(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
What about minna-jebba-mokwa-ilorin road? Mhen that road is simply the pathway to hell. Travelled through that road once and that was the last. That's the worst road in Nigeria.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by EROMS38(m): 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2016
Try Jebba-Bode sadu-Ogbomosho road u will knw dat d ones mentioned above na pikin.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Btruth: 11:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Which way Nigeria?......and yet, I love my father land.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by 14(m): 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
RICHEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA MY FOOT, paper economy. Go to botswana, you wont see a single pothole

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Sanchase: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Nigerians entered one chance since the days of Abacha "The father of Looting".
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by bikefab(m): 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cry my beloved country..!
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by obailala(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
A lot of people including the Op are just mentioning bad roads they've been through recently.

The Abuja Kaduna road is riddled with potholes, but that road should never be listed as a bad road according to Nigerian standards.

The benin sagamu road is still bad between ore and sagamu. But it isnt so bad when compared with how the benin to ore section was prior to 2014.

If anyone must talk of bad roads, from my own experience, the roads in the SE can make a person run mad; Onitsha-enugu road, PH-Owerri road (between elele and owerri), Aba-Ikot-ekpene (just one not too long stretch) etc. Sometimes you just wonder how most of these roads could have been built by corrupt military men when Nigeria was 'poor,' but several democratic presidents for over a decade enjoying massive oil wealth could not even patch these roads.

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by holland002(m): 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ogbomoso road is d most dangerous road in nigeria....ask anybody....
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Temmytea70(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
sportfeva:
The problem of this country deep. If you want to producing road construction, you can't. There is no ease for investment and manufacturing.

The problem in your English self is deep

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by king406(m): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Number 7 is a lie
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Yseone(m): 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
AROCHUKWU-UMUAHIA Road in Abia state
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Temmytea70(m): 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaleye3230:
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...

Give all you have to the poor
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by saasala(m): 12:28am On Mar 06, 2016
timilehing:
Play Nairabet. Put all your money on Arsenal to win League grin grin

Oooh, see what you have caused now. I just bursted into heavy laughter, so loud my Neighbours ran into my apartment, they thought the wicthes from my village have made me mad
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by oshiozoha: 12:53am On Mar 06, 2016
u need to see mokwa - jebba road, lambatta bida road,
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by babafirst(m): 1:20am On Mar 06, 2016
No be the roads wey ekpas dey jubilate say PDP abracadabra to brand new be dat.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Rexnegro(m): 1:52am On Mar 06, 2016
notoriousbabe:
That's why I have not boughted my cars
Papa who was ur English teacher ? #smiles
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by cardoctor(m): 3:03am On Mar 06, 2016
You think you've seen it all? You ain't seen nothing yet.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by viktagorion: 3:55am On Mar 06, 2016
It shall not be well with PDP, inspite of our huge petrol dollar earnings, do not have anything tangible to show as per good roads for 16 years.

I laugh when I hear they want to come back.

Awon Oloriburuku.

#Neveragain.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by LKO(m): 6:11am On Mar 06, 2016
FILEBE:

Simpleton. Should you not have politely told him to create his own topic. How did you feel when you made fun of him rather than correcting or answering him?

The problem with this generation is how we take so much strenght and stupid reasons to justify that wrong is right.

I would pardon ur stupidity today because its Sunday and I want to keep it holy. You may not be lucky next time. Kid your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by obyrich(m): 6:16am On Mar 06, 2016
Have you tried Aba-Ikot Ekpene road? grin
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by chiefdiye(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that
Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi
in Benue State, this is a major road where
craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-
devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to
Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom;
you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle
to no rhythm for close to four hours in the
journey, which ought not to last for about one or
2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular
travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa-
Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into
uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of
booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a
way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”
what do you mean by they are both within Makurdi?

Maybe you are taking statistics based on 2009

THIS MAN IS A BIG LIAR. OTUKPO-OTUKPA ROAD HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED FROM OTUKPO-OTUKPA DOWN TO EKEH (about ten minutes drive from UGBOKOLO the home of benue state polytechnic) OTUKPO-OTUKPA ROAD THAT YOU CLAIMED 3 HOURS JOURNEY WAS JUST 50 MINUTES JOURNEY MAXIMUN. quote me.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by mudsam(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Nigeria and our bad leaders...... End time road
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by mudsam(m): 6:54am On Mar 06, 2016
Nigeria with our bad leaders.... End time roads
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by chiefdiye(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
Some of the most dangerous roads to travel in Nigeria are as following :

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi in Benue State, this is a major road where craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom; you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle to no rhythm for close to four hours in the journey, which ought not to last for about one or 2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa- Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”
report from http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/7-most-dangerous-roads-to-travel-in.html?m=0
Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that
Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi
in Benue State, this is a major road where
craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-
devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to
Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom;
you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle
to no rhythm for close to four hours in the
journey, which ought not to last for about one or
2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular
travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa-
Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into
uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of
booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a
way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”
what do you mean by they are both within Makurdi?
Maybe you are taking statistics based on 2009
THIS MAN IS A BIG LIAR. OTUKPO-OTUKPA ROAD HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED
FROM OTUKPO down to EKEH (about ten minutes drive from
UGBOKOLO the home of benue state polytechnic) OTUKPO-OTUKPA ROAD THAT
YOU CLAIMED 3 HOURS JOURNEY WAS JUST 50 MINUTES JOURNEY MAXIMUN.
quote me.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Sman37(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2016
Some idiot will stil blame buhari for dis bad roads oh
haters
how do u expect buhari to have solve all nigerian problems by dis time hann??
after all its the work of past regim dat put us in dis worst argony
imagine a road constructed since 2012 have not be renovated
and u dere shouting PDP full wawazhi and gberizhi kawais
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2016
lereinter:

cooloyo ogbomosho road shoul be included
alright sir
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Zico5(m): 7:21am On Mar 06, 2016
sportfeva:
The problem of this country deep. If you want to producing road construction, you can't. There is no ease for investment and manufacturing.

Is it by force to speak english? Pls check urself
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Iwonimi(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2016
Oyo to Ogbomosho Road highly deadly... anytime am going through dat road i always write my will down in case
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Zico5(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2016
GodMode:
lopeyemiieblog do you travel by road at all

Lagos-Ibadan expressway is far better than that... GEJ did massive work on the road when he was trying to win SW votes... stop posting rubbish.
Maybe u should go and see that road u re talking about. The work done on the road is not up to 5%. Gej did not deserve any praise cos he singlehandedly destroyed things in this country
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Mekyno(m): 7:31am On Mar 06, 2016
oshiozoha:
u need to see mokwa - jebba road, lambatta bida road,
many ppl complain of this road without displaying pics, hw can it level of deploration be known/seen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video) / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality / A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.