Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Spectranet Increases Tariffs - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (25728 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by olarhtunji(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
ladyF:
The idiotss are just introducing unlimited data at night sef when you do the 7k plan, when swift has been doing that for their 8k plan since 100BC.

I dey port abeg. Awon ole pipu angry

its LadyF again smiley
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by appleton: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sadly I just bought their modem last month only to find out, they had plans of increasing their tariff.
I'm porting to Swift fast!!!!!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ThuGnificenX: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
modash:

Guy the free nite is from 1am ohh
yes I can see.. But I'll use it for heavy downloads... I'll get the worth of my money.
1 am to 7am is okay for now pending when they increase it
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Chuckdee(m): 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
d33jy85:
@OP the Plans still exist as legacy plans so if u are still on it u can continue but new people cannot access it.

Yes it's on legacy plan but why did you forget to also include that the price of that legacy plan has now doubled? Infact, they made sure thatif you choose to remain in the old legacy plan, you pay higher than what it would cost if you go the unified plan way. For example, in abuja, the knight plan of 7k (40gb) is now 11k on the unified plan and if I choose to remain on the legacy plan, it would cost 12k.
The increment is not realistic and very outrageous indeed. And thee sad part is they have given absolutely no explanation to their customers for this crazy hike.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by applemark: 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
like seriously Spectranet ! wtf wud i be doing up @ 1am surfing when i have work next day except wknds when am not straffing, do i look like yahoo boys waiting for magas across the ocean to wake up or you think I don't have a social life but stuck on your useless unreliable snail like speed? And 7pm to 7am wtf is that about? I guess if DSTV can jack up why cant they too. Anyways thank heavens this is my last renewal, off to a country where internet comes as complete package with quality speed and connection.... never trust an indian company...they operate like that tribes that loves money more than their lives!

funny thing was, i stopped paying for my DSTV and used the money to buy more data on spectranet, but i guess i will now have to revert that decision.. phack you shitranet

4 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by miketayo(m): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Cobranet is still the cheapest
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by obims(f): 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Honestly I thought spectranet was coming up with something fantastic when I received a mail from them few days ago. Not knowing they're actually increasing their tariff.
Ok o! Thank God I still have my swift box.
I'm porting back to swift straight...

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by enigma2007(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
franzis:
it's not 24x7 ,it's a night plan ... Spectranet used to have such plan @ 4k for 20gb and 24x7 weekends now it's 7.5k and 11k respectively

Oh okay! I get but that is a huge jump mehn!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by chacoonder(m): 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
SPECTRANET got it all wrong,it's over between us.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by franzis(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
applemark:
like seriously Spectranet ! wtf wud i be doing up @ 1am surfing when i have work next day except wknds when am not straffing, do i look like yahoo boys waiting for magas across the ocean to wake up or you think I don't have a social life but stuck on your useless unreliable snail like speed? And 7pm to 7am wtf is that about? I guess if DSTV can jack up why cant they too. Anyways thank heavens this is my last renewal, off to a country where internet comes as complete package with quality speed and connection.... never trust an indian company...they operate like that tribes that loves money more than their lives!

funny thing was, i stopped paying for my DSTV and used the money to buy more data on spectranet, but i guess i will now have to revert that decision.. phack you shitranet
abeg which tribe love money pass their life
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by iukpe: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
If its just data usage, with my mobile hotspot, a 4G sim router or Mifi device, I enjoy Glo 5k for 12GB with or 24GB for 8k, its a bit slow in the day but Averagely very OK at night for my laptop, mobile phones, Android TV box, and for my wifi supported security camera. My last subscription was on 15th February expiring after 30days on the 16th March and I still have 10gb left.
You kght consider the unlimited plan if you do heavy downloads.
MTN did same years ago and I dumped their Hynet.
Wonder which is best between Swift and Smile.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by applemark: 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
don't want to start a tribal war, but am sure they know who they are! and are known to be good in selling china products cheesy

franzis:
abeg which tribe love money pass their life
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by missKiffy(f): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
latu:

And it can be used on an Android device
Is it everywhere you go or only when the mifi device is at home
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by sinistermind(m): 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Spectranet dey Jonze. First they zap data like craze and now dis increment. The whole review is foolish and not customer friendly. I pray one of their management team come on here and see what people are saying about it. As for me, I still dey find better and cheaper ones. Smile is not an alternative neither. If I can't get swift close to me, then I will have to revert to MTN sad.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by hob(m): 2:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
Swift 4 life......

Wetin be Spectranet
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by sinistermind(m): 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
Cobranet seems to be a bit flexible. The juicy one is 24/7 unlimited for 13k. I go download wound myself. The time plan is also good for those that doesn't spend long hours online.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by d33jy85: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ahh!?! My Oga ur right oooh i jus checked my acct. and i have been migrated to the abj knight plan 7500 wtf! ur paying more 4 less the time has gone from 6pm - 8am to 7pm - 7am cheating b@$tards am seriously considering dropping them

Chuckdee:

Yes it's on legacy plan but why did you forget to also include that the price of that legacy plan has now doubled? Infact, they made sure thatif you choose to remain in the old legacy plan, you pay higher than what it would cost if you go the unified plan way. For example, in abuja, the knight plan of 7k (40gb) is now 11k on the unified plan and if I choose to remain on the legacy plan, it would cost 12k.
The increment is not realistic and very outrageous indeed. And thee sad part is they have given absolutely no explanation to their customers for this crazy hike.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Chimdiebere(m): 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
that's why I prefer proxified connections instead of direct! Proxified is cheaper but not that easy to manipulate unless you have some tech savvy skills ! TOR all the way! Pfuck spectra net! Pfuck Smile!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Chimdiebere(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
after all on mtn I get download speeds from 2MB/S to as high as 17MB/S . Don't ask me how. see the pic of 2MB/S below

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by marv1: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
How are going to do it?
solexadex:

You guys don't have to, I after my first subscription, am browsing unlimited after some few twicks
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ibietela2(m): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
solibayo:
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.

Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.

I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.

Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.

WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.

Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place

Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.

I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!

My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers

First of all smile unlimited is CAPPED at 46GB. come you have 201GB? chai
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Khez: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Port to smile bro

Excellent service

Super fast

In 10 states now

And oh i make calls from my data too

Fuxking clear and i don't roam abroad as i can still call my gf in nig with smile

Pm me for more details on how to get yours

It's mostly for bigboys
Habeebpain:
Spectranet LTE sent me a mail yesterday informing me of a revamp of their data plans. Firstly, they mentioned that they'll be scrapping data plans based on states and sticking to a unified plan for every location in Nigeria. That's not bad, but the shocker came when I checked their page for the new data plans effective from March 15, 2016. See image below.

The Lagos Knight plans don't exist anymore. The 7k plan for 20GB which works 24 hours a day also has been scrapped. Now the cheapest plan is 5k for 5GB and a plan similar to the Lagos Knight goes for N7500, gives you 20GB but runs from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no mention of 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.

While other internet service providers are offering more data for lesser amounts, Spectranet has chosen to increase costs and offer less data. Another fact that needs to be stated is that service is still pretty poor in a lot of locations (Ijegun is an example, where I only get one network bar). I'm not ready to pay more for a glorified 3G service and I know Nigerians are not ready to do the same.

So if you're against this, please share this post and let's hope we force them to rethink their actions.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Khez: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
Port to smile bro

Excellent service

Super fast

In 10 states now

And oh i make calls from my data too

Fuxking clear and i don't roam abroad as i can still call my gf in nig with smile

Pm me for more details on how to get yours

It's mostly for bigboys
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Khez: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
That's why they ain't cheap bro, they put in alot to remain fast, you want them on a lost?

Na business people they do o
greenhulk:

If u think Spectranet is too expensive then u don't even wanna near smile. Though very fast but it is not cheap.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by makizee(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
I already tweeted at them. me wey dey manage the Lagos Night Plan Jejely of 4k monthly, they now want me to pay 7k5 with reduced time period even...are they mad ?
Thank God they are not the only Internet provider.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by trux(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2016
solibayo:
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.

Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.

I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.

Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.

WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.

Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place

Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.

I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!

My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers
You can subscribe to lower data plan and all ur data will rollover I have confirmed this
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by stanley2801: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2016
sad[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by lalaboi(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
Spectranet got this wrong and have definitely lost me as customer once my data expires.

I made a huge mistake buying their new device and signing the stoopid indemnity form. The device is great i must say but mehn it does not warrant a 45% increase in all prices.

I am already shopping for new ISP's.. Smile na wayo, Swift is slow.

I recently found IPNX had fibre optics, 7,900 monthly for 20GB. Free access to online media and a phone line. Seriously considering them sha.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lets see what ntel will offer
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by nbolaji(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
johnshagb:

VPN levels I guess

cool
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Jjbo: 1:06am On Mar 27, 2016
Am extremely disappointed with the way Spectranet handles billing and usage of data. I have been using them for sometime now but I noticed from Jan this year my data runs fast. Last month I was informed I finished 50gb within 3 weeks. I called to complain I was told its unlimited now and that it's very very fast now that I must switch off my device every time am not using it . I find that really funny cos I never used to switch it off yet I could roll over up until this year. I renewed my subscription again last week Friday and lo and behold by we'd it had finished. The whole 20gb and the so called 10gb. What on earth can I be doing on line. Which body will put a check on these guys they are ripping us off.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by abatically(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2016
Jjbo:
Am extremely disappointed with the way Spectranet handles billing and usage of data. I have been using them for sometime now but I noticed from Jan this year my data runs fast. Last month I was informed I finished 50gb within 3 weeks. I called to complain I was told its unlimited now and that it's very very fast now that I must switch off my device every time am not using it . I find that really funny cos I never used to switch it off yet I could roll over up until this year. I renewed my subscription again last week Friday and lo and behold by we'd it had finished. The whole 20gb and the so called 10gb. What on earth can I be doing on line. Which body will put a check on these guys they are ripping us off.

That might be true as I also experienced it. Also do u use ur connection on ur laptop? If so then turn off automatic update on ur laptop. If u are using windows 10 u can't turn off automatic update and ur antivirus will be constantly updating. The walk around is to set ur WiFi to metered connection. Go to WiFi settings, advanved and change it. U will see significant improvement in ur data management.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! / Gionee Declares Bankruptcy, Enters Liquidation / I Need A Phone With Sharp Camera With Good Battery Life For 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.