Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Spectranet Increases Tariffs - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (25722 Views)

MTN, Glo, Airtel Set To Increase Data, Call Tariffs / Why NCC Asked Big Operators To Raise Data Tariffs / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by pafun(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2016
Habeebpain:
Spectranet LTE sent me a mail yesterday informing me of a revamp of their data plans. Firstly, they mentioned that they'll be scrapping data plans based on states and sticking to a unified plan for every location in Nigeria. That's not bad, but the shocker came when I checked their page for the new data plans effective from March 15, 2016. See image below.

The Lagos Knight plans don't exist anymore. The 7k plan for 20GB which works 24 hours a day also has been scrapped. Now the cheapest plan is 5k for 5GB and a plan similar to the Lagos Knight goes for N7500, gives you 20GB but runs from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no mention of 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.

While other internet service providers are offering more data for lesser amounts, Spectranet has chosen to increase costs and offer less data. Another fact that needs to be stated is that service is still pretty poor in a lot of locations (Ijegun is an example, where I only get one network bar). I'm not ready to pay more for a glorified 3G service and I know Nigerians are not ready to do the same.

So if you're against this, please share this post and let's hope we force them to rethink their actions.

Bros , na market na. If you no like this market go anoder one . No need to be offended
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by modash(m): 10:58am On Mar 16, 2016
This their new plan is just rubbish am moving back to swift. Did anybody notice that the free nite browsing is from 1am
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 16, 2016
Its just rubbish
I have decided to just throw the sectranet away
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by viruz007(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
otokx:
Smile charges 36k for 50GB with 12 months validity so Spectranet is not doing badly. They better rush and come to PH especially the UNIPORT area.

They are in PH but are yet to deploy in the UNIPORT area
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ceejay80s(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Baroba:
Naija na one rough country, 70k for one month 200gb data?.. Kai
Money for one brand new okada, I go come use am for internet for one month

5 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by shamecurls(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2016
Habeebpain:
Spectranet LTE sent me a mail yesterday informing me of a revamp of their data plans. Firstly, they mentioned that they'll be scrapping data plans based on states and sticking to a unified plan for every location in Nigeria. That's not bad, but the shocker came when I checked their page for the new data plans effective from March 15, 2016. See image below.

The Lagos Knight plans don't exist anymore. The 7k plan for 20GB which works 24 hours a day also has been scrapped. Now the cheapest plan is 5k for 5GB and a plan similar to the Lagos Knight goes for N7500, gives you 20GB but runs from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no mention of 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.

While other internet service providers are offering more data for lesser amounts, Spectranet has chosen to increase costs and offer less data. Another fact that needs to be stated is that service is still pretty poor in a lot of locations (Ijegun is an example, where I only get one network bar). I'm not ready to pay more for a glorified 3G service and I know Nigerians are not ready to do the same.

So if you're against this, please share this post and let's hope we force them to rethink their actions.

Hack the modem and port to another network.

Aint going to pay for any of those crap packages
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2016
shamecurls:

Hack the modem and port to another network.

Aint going to pay for any of those crap packages

Only Smile sells Data Sim card
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by MadCow1: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2016
And me I dey wan Port my Smile for PHC to Spectranet sef next month.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by solexadex(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Skybancs:
I am also dropping mine and porting to swift. They are useless for increasing terrif... this is pure madness

You guys don't have to, I after my first subscription, am browsing unlimited after some few twicks
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Stylz69(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2016
solibayo:
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.

Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.

I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.

Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.

WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.

Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place

Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.

I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!

My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers
I think you should email them. I emailed them asking what happens to my accumulated rolled over data if I move to a unified plan, they replied say I could roll over the data to any new unified plan. I don't think it is a bad deal if I can roll over my 152 GB to the cheapest 24 hour plan.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ThuGnificenX: 11:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Since I have been using the 10k for 24hrs plan, I no go complain cons they just added free night browsing to it.. So na to queue my torrent downloader and idm to 1am and dem fire down till 7...
Nice one Spectranet.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
Dropping their sorry ass right away.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by enigma2007(m): 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
franzis:
joining the dropping it group, arrant nonsense...me wey dey manage pay 7k monthly for 20gb, now am seeing 10 k, make i check wetin smile and swift dey talk

Swift na 8k for 34GB on the Family plus plan
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ThuGnificenX: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2016
Stylz69:

I think you should email them. I emailed them asking what happens to my accumulated rolled over data if I move to a unified plan, they replied say I could roll over the data to any new unified plan. I don't think it is a bad deal if I can roll over my 152 GB to the cheapest 24 hour plan.
how do u accumulate that much? I dey finish 30gb of that 10k within 3 weeks..
The new free night is spot on o
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by franzis(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
enigma2007:

Swift na 8k for 34GB on the Family plus plan
you very sure about this cuz I only saw 8k for 20gb
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by enigma2007(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
omoboy08:
Immediately when my accumulated data finishes, am moving to smile. Am sure they will loose out when Ntel finally launch

Smile is more expensive o!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by enigma2007(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Ehuatamuigunisi:

I use Smile as a backup network especially when i need high speed Internet for certain transactions. The 10GB last up to 5 months while Spectranet subscription is on monthly basis. I don't recommend Smile as alternative to Spectranet as Smile is very expensive and zaps data. The best alternative to spectranet is Swift.

Same here.. Smile is my backup network while Swift is the main!

Switching Spectranet for Smile is not wise rather Swift will make more sense
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by grandstar(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2016
Souljaboi1:
With 2500 NGN you get 4.5 GB on MTN; just that its segmented into day and night.

The data plans listed above are a joke and its surely going to affect their customer base.
Are you sure others won't follow suit? The naira is 315

Those prices were set when nsira was around 175.!
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by bodyloveghetto(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2016
Habeebpain:

I'm also at ijegun, the Lagos Knight is now N10 for 20GB + free unlimited midnight browsing from 1am to 5am... hmmm pretty bad tho
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by enigma2007(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2016
franzis:
you very sure about this cuz I only saw 8k for 20gb

Been a customer since 2008 bro and i have been on this plan for abt 2+ years.

Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by georgee(m): 11:35am On Mar 16, 2016
Who is the moderator hiding my post grin.
Spectranet fcked up with this move.. u increase frm 4k to 7,500 almost double and reduced the timing of our knight plan to 7pm-7am
I am so pissed off. will drop their sry asss wen my sub expires Mar 27.
Back to my etisalat 2K for 2Gig
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by adaweezy(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2016
solibayo:
Spectranet will soon die a very natural death if they don't back down on this madness called unified data crap.

Glo a mobile network for that matter sells 6gb for 3k official bundle and spectranet an ISP wants me to pay 3k for 2gb in 2016. Even Etisalat that has 4G masquerading as 3G charges 1k for 1gb.

I pray they die very fast to teach others who might be contemplating such moves a very hard lesson.

Smile 4G now has unlimited 24x7 plan for 19800. No data caps.

WiFi.ng has unlimited data 24x7 with US external ip for those in lekki and yaba area for just 9800 monthly.

Not to talk of the numerous cheats people use allover the place

Yet these morons have the guts to jack up prices and scrap favorable data plans saying it's the cheapest in the country, I wonder which country.

I pay 4k monthly for Knight cine which gives me 40gb....now they want me to pay 11k for the same 40gb night plan.....imagine!!!

My only pain is what to with my seriously accumulated data which is 201 GB as of this morning because I always do roll over. I wish I could transfer it to other subscribers
IBK how far I was wondering when I would find you on nairaland.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by jaspertosin: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2016
The network became very sluggish with the increase! Straight porting
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by franzis(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2016
enigma2007:

Been a customer since 2008 bro and i have been on this plan for abt 2+ years.
it's not 24x7 ,it's a night plan ... Spectranet used to have such plan @ 4k for 20gb and 24x7 weekends now it's 7.5k and 11k respectively
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Stylz69(m): 11:43am On Mar 16, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
I'm on the knight 9500 which gives 55Gb from 5pm to 9am weekdays and all weekend. I'm not a heavy user though just the occasional download which only occurs when I find a series l like. I also use netflix once in a while but I still managed to accumulate data. They've increased it to 14000 though which is way too much for Internet so I'd either move to a cheaper plan if they let me keep the data or exhaust it and move to smile.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by modash(m): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2016
ThuGnificenX:
Guy the free nite is from 1am ohh
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Adesiji77: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
They are on a very long thing... undecided

Time to reconsider Smile angry
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by ouigy99(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
ladyF:

They provide Internet services - WiFi, just like Spectranet and Smile does.
Smile also sells their SIM (4G) at the rate around 2500,and it comes with 2GB free. With that you don't need to buy their modem and you can enjoy fast browsing at cheap rates.

But you first have to confirm if you phone is compatible to their sim
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Sense911: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by persius555(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nigeria's bz environment is too harsh for IT related business. You power your infrastructure, you pay excessive tax. But then this increase is just unfair.
Seriously, i didnt know spectranet had so much customer base. I can imagine the celebration in swift/smile camp.
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by Dadehmola: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
ladyF:
The idiotss are just introducing unlimited data at night sef when you do the 7k plan, when swift has been doing that for their 8k plan since 100BC.

I dey port abeg. Awon ole pipu angry

It's LADY F again!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Spectranet Increases Tariffs by d33jy85: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2016
@OP the Plans still exist as legacy plans so if u are still on it u can continue but new people cannot access it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! / I Need A Phone With Sharp Camera With Good Battery Life For 50k / Gionee Declares Bankruptcy, Enters Liquidation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.