Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland (13834 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov / Why Are Many Northerners Appointed Into Sensitive And Prominent Positions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2016
Over the years we were made to believe that there are very few northerners on this forum. Well anyway I choose not to believe this notion. Of course there are many northerners(e.g myself) on this forum but for some reasons best known to them, they hardly drop any comment here. They few ones i was very fortunate to have come across on this forum were very intelligent and mature e.g arewafederation, nduchuks etc. Lol, I guess the others have chosen to be mere spectators and not contributors.
Please this thread was solely created for the northerners here and its purpose is for my fellow northerners to identify themselves. So please all troublemakers should stay clear from this thread. If you are a northerner here, please I.D yourself by answering these five(5) questions below;

1• state the particular region(NW, NC, NE) you are from
2• Tell us your state of origin
3• Your best local northern dish
4• What you particularly like about the other two major ethnic groups(yorubas and igbos) in Nigeria.
5• What you think is the major problem facing our north and provide your solution in tackling the problem. This thread is an inclusive thread and all sons and daughters from northern Nigeria are all welcome to contribute in this discuss.

Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun and the hosts of other mods, please it will really be appreciated if this thread is push to the homepage for more participation and further contributions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by maryam6(f): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2016
Am frm north central, Niger 2 be precise.

Well, as a northerner, am proud of my region nd at d same tym, i feel so bad nd bitter abt how some of us (hausa & fulani) behave nd relate to others.

We av 2 major problems in d north nd they are.. ILLITERACY & POVERTY.

Pls, my fellow northerners, lets all be an advocate of peace, tolerant nd above all,
Lets stop being violent 2 other people.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Mutuwa(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2016
wink

* Shamsudeen is my name

* From kaduna State (you should know the region) wink

* Best local dish... Tuwon shinkafa with moringa stew.

* I grew up amidst major and minor tribes :

My likes about the Yoruba's is their zeal for knowledge, and perseverance for entrepreneurship.

The Igbos are good business partners with the north from time.I admire their industrious zeal.

Recall,that Taiwan started like the Igbo's are doing now ,and Taiwan is leading today,despite all the mockery,on sub standards produced.

* The problem of the north is the north itself to be frank.
Pre and post civil war attributes of the Hausa man,is that of : Money loving, Power loving,Aggressive,Militant,and Domineering. This is best described in the Hausa adage that: "You cannot win a city in battle,except you engage an insider" The few unfortunate moles amongst us created the northern problem(s)

My honest opinions...

*solutions in tackling our problems..well that's for another thread.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2016
Let me start from myself grin Well I'm from Northwest, from kano state precisely. My favourite local dish is dambu grin

What I like about the igbos is that they are industrious in nature and the yorubas are very creative.

I believe the biggest problem facing our north is highly corrupt/bad leaders who put themselves first before the masses. We should always hold our leaders(from councillors to the highest office holders) accountable, their promises must always be kept

14 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by psyqs(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2016
Residence- Jos,
State of Origin -Bauchi state

3 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2016
maryam6:

Well,
Maryam you welcome, can you please answer all the questions listed in the first post? Thank u cheesy
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2016
kurupt1:
Go school una no gree go! Which english dem wan comment now? Na joke ooo
lalasticlala, mynd44 please take note of this comment
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by babyfaceafrica: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2016
This OP sef...kwontinue

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by arewaboy(m): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2016
I am from the North East.
Gombe State.
My favorite Northern food is the famous Fura da Nono...

The solutions to our problems here in the North lies on our leaders efforts in creating jobs to our teeming jobless youths.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by ramdris(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Keep it rolling boys!

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by cmart09(m): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2016
I don't think you guys are up to 7 on here.

12 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2016
arewaboy:
I am from the North East.
Gombe State.
My favorite Northern food is the famous Fura da Nono...

The solutions to our problems here in the North lies on our leaders efforts in creating jobs to our teeming jobless youths.
Another important point. I sincerely believe that once a problem is identified, then solving such problem will be easy.

3 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by dahaz(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2016
maryam6:

Well, as a northerner, am proud of my region nd at d same tym, i feel bad abt how some of us (hausa & fulani) behave nd relate to others.

Pls, my fellow northerners, lets all be an advocate of peace, tolerant nd above all,
Lets stop being violet 2 other people.
Are you nupe? can you dance sibombo?

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by maryam6(f): 10:26am On Mar 06, 2016
dahaz:
Are you nupe? can you dance sibombo?
Lol, yes i can.

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by BushidoBlue(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2016
I love this OP, fostering national Unity.

This is what we need in Nigeria today not division or divisive statements from our youth and leaders..

Good job keep it up.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by BushidoBlue(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2016
maryam6:
Lol, yes i can.
Please what is sibombo? sad shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by White007(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2016
Keep it rolling
#Observing mode activated
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by eleojo23: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2016
Observing
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by dahaz(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2016
maryam6:
Lol, yes i can.
You will come and teach me oo BTW am also from niger.
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by dahaz(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2016
BushidoBlue:
Please what is sibombo? sad shocked shocked
lipsrsealed
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by EasternActivist: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2016
Wow I love this,

But it could have been better if tribe is specifically mentioned. So other tribes can learn the northerners well because as it is now we see all northerners as Hausa which shouldn't be.

More grease to your elbow op

23 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by ichoku: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2016
I'm humbled by the comment of the Northerners here. It tells us that those causing trouble in the North are really criminals and are detested. Still hope for Nigeria.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by carinmom(f): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2016
I'm from the NW
Kaduna State

Favourite dishes are Sinasir and dambu

I like Yorubas in fact i relate very well with them, they are educated and intelligent.

I like Igbos because they are not lazy.

There are numerous problems with the north prominent among which is leadership, our leaders in the north have failed us.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by dahaz(m): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2016
I agree with you.We have leadership problem in the north.Those that have benefited from sardaunas legacy have completely destroyed it.

How is 'mai rusau'.

4 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by babyfaceafrica: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2016
Maxi112:
its in u people DNA to cause all manner of ill human and decrapic treatment to ur fellow human...

u people are war mongers...., tribalism and nepotism, bigotry, resiczim flow through u people's vain, tho I don't no of there ladies that much...

for the fact this contraption still exist... Hausa-fullani are bond to live with d nemesis (boko) till there will be a total emancipation of this contraption for peace to rain am not calling for session but I think its d only way forward...... cause dey value cows than human lifes
didn't you read where the OP said no trouble ....biko abeg shift make this people relate naw.......I am enjoying this thread..no put sand for their garri and please stop blanketing northeners..they are not all the same..I met very good ones among them during NYSC,and they are nice!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by babyfaceafrica: 10:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Maxi112:
note of what? is that a resist comment?
u people are causing mayhem to my people and u want me to be happy...
u are mad!
okay wettin nah...na by force to comment....wayo o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2016
Maxi112:
note of what? is that a resist comment?

u people are causing mayhem to my people and u want me to be happy...

u are mad!
you can open your own thread to hyperventilatie there, but this thread is exclusively for northerners to discuss north and northerners.

Cc: Seun, mynd44, lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by galadima77(m): 10:59am On Mar 06, 2016
From Niger state, north central.

Favourite dish is tuwon shinkafa and bean soup with fresh fish stew

I have a lot of friends from other regions, having spent most of my life in lagos, kaduna and served (nysc) in Uyo. So i use beautiful memories from the gud friends to reflect on the ibos and yoruba av encountered.

However, a number of people from all regions are suffering from nepotism and bigotry which has beclouded them from appreciating the beauty of our diversity n togetherness.

I love my country, Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Imo State Chief Who Have Ladies Exposing Their Breast Around Him (photos / Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary / Accord Party, 44 Others Endorse Sanwo-olu, Form Coalition Ahead 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.