Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,913 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? (1546 Views)

Six Destructive Trends Happening In The Church These Days / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Happy sunday my fellow brothers in Christ.
So, cos of my new job, I relocated to another state. Though, am a catholic, I decided to attend a pentecostal church instead of staying at home today been sunday (the nearest catholic church is kinda far, and am not yet familair with the environment to start making such a journey).

So I dressed up, boarded a keke to the church with my "semi-clean heart", hoping to be cleaned the more. I got there some minutes before the start of the second service, so I sat quietly on a vacant sit and fill my eyes with the beauty of the church, no doubt, the church is really beautiful.
The service was ok, and the preaching was fine. But were I have problem is.... During praises and anytime the choir is singing. The way the church members dances, especially the choir, its really "unchristian"...

The ladies are just dancing and shaking their bo*ty in a very seducive way. I am not saying its a sin to dance in a way you deem fit for God, but for the sake of the weak brethrens, let there be some modesty. At least, the ladies shld know that some guys myt be carried away by the way they dance, but they dont even care.

Thank God I was sitting at the front, so I dont knw what is going on at my back. But the choir, which is directly facing the congregation is really going to far with their way of dance. The Choir mistress is not even helping matters. She knows that she is on a high stage, backing the church with her bo*ty facing the congregation, yet, she dances as if she is in a club. Where is our modesty as christians? Is this what we go to the house of God to do. Even the guy that came out to sing a special song, the way he was dancing/demonstrating, even a secular musician will need to learn from him.

I am not here to bash any church, but please let there be some modesty in what we do at the house of God. If not for anything, but for the sake of the weaker brethren. The bible said, "Woe to anyone that will make to little ones to sin". You may be dancing that way with your church mind, but the brother next to you, myt be lost in thought looking at the way your behing is bouncing.

For those of you that will be asking me whats the name of the church, I wont name it directly, but its one of the top pentecostal church in Nigeria and the mostly paint their church yellow with a red roofing.

PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by xreal: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
no be only u waka go there on your own?
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by SMARTKOSSY: 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
Modernisation
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
xreal:
no be only u waka go there on your own?
So make I no go church again?
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by Skyfornia(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
Joblessness
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by xreal: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
AltarBoy1:
So make I no go church again?

Why u no quick locate a Catholic church nearest to you before today?
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by dabbyz(f): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2016
they're just making mockery of Christianity
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
xreal:

Why u no quick locate a Catholic church nearest to you before today?
I have done dat now. Though its far, I hv already gotten the easiest way to get there on sundays.
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
dabbyz:
they're just making mockery of Christianity
The tin tire me. Believe me, if one invites a non-christian to the church, apart from the preaching and praying, the place will just look like a musical and dancing concert focused on the choir.
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by asalimpo(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
AltarBoy1:
Happy sunday my fellow brothers in Christ.
So, cos of my new job, I relocated to another state. Though, am a catholic, I decided to attend a pentecostal church instead of staying at home today been sunday (the nearest catholic church is kinda far, and am not yet familair with the environment to start making such a journey).

So I dressed up, boarded a keke to the church with my "semi-clean heart", hoping to be cleaned the more. I got there some minutes before the start of the second service, so I sat quietly on a vacant sit and fill my eyes with the beauty of the church, no doubt, the church is really beautiful.
The service was ok, and the preaching was fine. But were I have problem is.... During praises and anytime the choir is singing. The way the church members dances, especially the choir, its really "unchristian"...

The ladies are just dancing and shaking their bo*ty in a very seducive way. I am not saying its a sin to dance in a way you deem fit for God, but for the sake of the weak brethrens, let there be some modesty. At least, the ladies shld know that some guys myt be carried away by the way they dance, but they dont even care.

Thank God I was sitting at the front, so I dont knw what is going on at my back. But the choir, which is directly facing the congregation is really going to far with their way of dance. The Choir mistress is not even helping matters. She knows that she is on a high stage, backing the church with her bo*ty facing the congregation, yet, she dances as if she is in a club. Where is our modesty as christians? Is this what we go to the house of God to do. Even the guy that came out to sing a special song, the way he was dancing/demonstrating, even a secular musician will need to learn from him.

I am not here to bash any church, but please let there be some modesty in what we do at the house of God. If not for anything, but for the sake of the weaker brethren. The bible said, "Woe to anyone that will make to little ones to sin". You may be dancing that way with your church mind, but the brother next to you, myt be lost in thought looking at the way your behing is bouncing.

For those of you that will be asking me whats the name of the church, I wont name it directly, but its one of the top pentecostal church in Nigeria and the mostly paint their church yellow with a red roofing.

PEACE.
Yellow with red roofing.
Is that church where the founder slapped a witch?

Women na wa o!

Their face, can mesmerize a man.
Their front na distraction. Back distraction. Voice, seduction. Smile temptation.
Their mere presence along, can sway a man . Theyve toppled kings and defeated generals without weapons. Great men have been lulled on their laps.
They rule kingdoms with their pvssies.
Men have poured the sweat of their labour on woman.
Rich men have been rendered destitute, by women.

Man is in trouble. He has the devil, the world,his flesh and woman to contend with.

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by xreal: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
AltarBoy1:
I have done dat now. Though its far, I hv already gotten the easiest way to get there on sundays.

better, some churches aren't different from party house.

May GOD save us.
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
asalimpo:

Yellow with red roofing.
Is that church where the founder slapped a witch?

Women na wa o!

Their face, can mesmerize a man.
Their front na distraction. Back distraction. Voice, seduction. Smile temptation.
Their mere presence along, can sway a man . Theyve toppled kings and defeated generals without weapons. Great men have been lulled on their laps.
They rule kingdoms with their pvssies.
Men have poured the sweat of their labour on woman.
Rich men have been rendered destitute, by women.

Man is in trouble. He has the devil, the world,his flesh and woman to contend with.
grin grin grin
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by Weah96: 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
People just won't admit that the emperor is walking around n.aked. So they keep the myth alive, for survival reasons (they think).

1 Like

Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
Weah96:
People just won't admit that the emperor is walking around n.aked. So they keep the myth alive, for survival reasons (they think).

Who is emperor.?
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by Weah96: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2016
AltarBoy1:
Who is emperor.?

Pastors. They don't speak with anyone but other human beings. They have never spoken with aliens or the creator of the aliens.

Politicians are also n.aked emperors. Everyone knows that they are skilled liars.
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2016
Weah96:

Pastors. They don't speak with anyone but other human beings. They have never spoken with aliens or the creator of the aliens.

Politicians are also n.aked emperors. Everyone knows that they are skilled liars.

hmmmm
Re: Why So Much Shaking Of "Bom Bom" In Church These Days? by AltarBoy1: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2016
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

What Pastor Adeboye Told Eunice Elisha’s Husband, Children / Learn To Reason Critically / Battles That Face Glorious Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.