Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future (2533 Views)

The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / We Must Monitor The Nation Of Israel If We Want To Know When Rapture Will Occur / This Clearly Shows We Follow Pastor Instead Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Matt 24:34 It clearly states in the Bible that Jesus will come back during his own generation.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Also check out Matthew 16:28
Some of you will not see death but will meet me in the Kingdom of God
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
So was he wrong?

Matt 24:4 he told you don't be deceived many will come and tell you I am Christ...
Thats his words in the Bible
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Niyeal(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Death is inevitable [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by sanmitee(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
To interprete that verse, you need to go check in Jesus' statement 'this generation'. He talked about some signs to come in Matt 24:34, about time of His coming. He said this generation (that witness or will be witnessing) such events shall not pass till His coming be fulfilled. (Matt 24:4-34).
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
sanmitee:
To interprete that verse, you need to go check in Jesus' statement 'this generation'. He talked about some signs to come in Matt 24:34, about time of His coming. He said this generation (that witness or will be witnessing) such events shall not pass till His coming be fulfilled. (Matt 24:4-34).

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
My Dear it is very clear in his statement the verse is simple and to the point no guessing.
He said THIS generation that is what it says.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Gayjesus: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

My Dear it is very clear in his statement the verse is simple and to the point no guessing.
Well I believe that generation has passed like some 2,000 years ago. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
We simply need to ask the question" "To whom was Jesus speaking?" when he said "this generation"? It was delivered to Jesus' own disciples,
times
Jesus states numerous times that his own disciples would be witness to these very signs:

"Take heed that no man deceive you." (Matt 24:4)
"...ye shall hear of wars, and rumours of wars..." (Matt 24:6)
"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted..." (Matt 24:9)
"When ye therefore shall see the the abomination of desolation..." (Matt 24:15)
"But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter..." (Matt 24:20)
"Behold, I have told you before." (Matt 24:25)
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
joseph1832:
Well I believe that generation has passes like some 2,000 years ago. Lol.
Yesooooooo
It dey finish since, since since, since. Just wondering, why Pastors still lie to masses, no excuse me why masses keep lying to themselves.
Don't they read da bible ?
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Yesooooooo
It dey finish since, since since, since. Just wondering, why Pastors still lie to masses, no excuse me why masses keep lying to themselves.
Don't they read da bible ?
Well the average Nigerian is always lazy when it comes to reading....

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with religion. Funny almost all those who call themselves religious (christian&moslem) can't even abide by the law they claim to follow, then again, who is now fooling who

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by zzzzy: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
i think you should read this
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by poik(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Matt 24:34 It clearly states in the Bible that Jesus will come back during his own generation.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
So was he wrong?

Matt 24:4 he told you don't be deceived many will come and tell you I am Christ...

Let no one deceive you. There is going to be a rapture, a secret catching away of select Christian faithfuls.
Read 1 Thessalonians 4 from verse 15.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2016
poik:

Let no one deceive you. There is going to be a rapture, a secret catching away of select Christian faithfuls.
Read 1 Thessalonians 4 from verse 15.
And when is it going to happen?

Please give me a date, time, place, not abstracts or proverbs like you see in the Bible.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by poik(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
joseph1832:
And when is it going to happen?

Please give me a date, time, place, not abstracts or proverbs like you see in the Bible.

At least you have agreed that there will be a rapture like the Bible states.
how can me, a mere mortal, give you a time and date when Christ said the time no man knoweth, save the Father?
if you were God, so you would let people know the date of such an important occurence?
so that these intrinsically evil people will keep committing atrocities until that date, and then make it abi?
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by akinwun(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

The story actually started from vs 1 of Mathew 24, vs 1-2talks about the fall of Jerusalem and the temple, vs 3-14 talks about signs of the close of the age , vs 15-28 talks about the abomination of desolation which is part of vs 1 and 2, when Jerusalem will be captured and the temple desecrated, while 29-31 talks about the second coming of Jesus. That vs 34 you referred to refers to the fall of Jerusalem and the destruction of the temple not the end of the world as you think.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
poik:

At least you have agreed that there will be a rapture like the Bible states.
how can me, a mere mortal, give you a time and date when Christ said the time no man knoweth, save the Father?
if you were God, so you would let people know the date of such an important occurence?
so that these intrinsically evil people will keep committing atrocities until that date, and then make it abi?
On the contrary my good friend, I didn't agree, I only wanted to know, because that's the very nature of man.

Since before the coming of christ, evil has reign over this earth, God himself sent that evil here by casting Lucifer down to earth.

So, since you don't know or can not tell me when rapture will happen, I'll only believe all these are mere abstracts. You know, the kind of story you tell kids because you want them to behave well.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by zzzzy: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
joseph1832:
On the contrary my good friend, I didn't agree, I only wanted to know, because that's the very nature of man.

Since before the coming of christ, evil has reign over this earth, God himself sent that evil here by casting Lucifer down to earth.

So, since you don't know or can not tell me when rapture will happen, I'll only believe all these are mere abstracts. You know, the kind of story you tell kids because you want them to behave well.
2 Peter 3:3-4 KJV
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
zzzzy:
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, [4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
Well this has bEen happening since 1,000 years ago, even during the days of Galileo Galilee, Botticelli and co, these things have been happening. So, if rapture didn't happen then, how can it happen now?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by God2man(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
The Rapture is already moving closer.

666 Is with us.

Strange light falling from the sky in some Countries

Excessive heat in some States in Nigeria.

Strange creatures are moving into the earth.

Sin is multiplying.

Untimely death.

and so on.

Rapture is 100% sure.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
joseph1832:
Well the average Nigerian is always lazy when it comes to reading....

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with religion. Funny almost all those who call themselves religious (christian&moslem) can't even abide by the law they claim to follow, then again, who is now fooling who
Yes I understand them though, every soul has a level. We happen to be mature to old soul because we have gone beyond believing that a power lays outside of ourselves. That we can do works greater then Jesus would not be comprehensible to a baby spirit.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
God2man:
The Rapture is already moving closer.

666 Is with us.

Strange light falling from the sky in some Countries

Excessive heat in some States in Nigeria.

Strange creatures are moving into the earth.

Sin is multiplying.

Untimely death.

and so on.

Rapture is 100% sure.

God bless you.

God2man.
Have you ever heard of global warming. So you think this is worst then Sodom and Gomorah? Even the main character had drunk sex with his daughters. 90 year old men Joseph marry 14 year old pregnant virgins my Dear is this time as bad as Biafran War and Vietnam War. That was the end of the World for millions.

So your saying Jesus verily gave us a false prophecy?
If you could read Aramacic or even Hebrew you would know why Jews said he is not the Christ.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Yes I understand them though, every soul has a level. We happen to be mature to old soul because we have gone beyond believing that a power lays outside of ourselves. That we can do works greater then Jesus would not be comprehensible to a baby spirit.
LOL. Now with this, I agree 100%.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
zzzzy:
Yes Peter was trying to save face because hundreds of years later he still did not come back.
He said in his generation not your generation. Did you read what I posted?
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 11:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
joseph1832:

That is excatly what it is a story to tell people of color that they are born sinners, ment to suffer and cursed from the tribe of Ham. That Israel thing with GEJ was such a freaking turn off, spending millions on rubbish excursions, for prayers.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by joseph1832(m): 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
That is excatly what it is a story to tell people of color that they are born sinners, ment to suffer and cursed from the tribe of Ham. That Israel thing with GEJ was such a freaking turn off, spending millions on rubbish excursions, for prayers.
LOL. What's done is done. The next thing is to wait and see, those who believe in rapture I'm won't be surprise, if that rapture happens, won't even be carried away. I'm sure you know why...

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Ken4Christ: 3:11am On Mar 07, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

So was he wrong?

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:27-28[/i]

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:34-36.[i]

These two verses Matthew 16:28 and Matthew 24:34 has been tagged failed predictions and also used to attack Christianity. What kind of defense can we objectively put to this? First, Jesus did not write any book but those who witnessed his earthly ministry put together his teachings as far as their memories could carry them. Well even if he said so and it did not happen just the way he predicted, I do not have any iota of doubt that Jesus is the Christ and so many things he said are happening before our very eyes.

Well my defense is this. First, we believe that Jesus is the son of God and as such has the very nature of God such that we even refer to him as God. This is not an exaggerated claim. Goat gives birth to goat. Dog gives birth to dog. God gives birth to God. However, he is subject to the father who is his God also. This does not make him a lesser god in the same way you are not a lesser human being to your boss in the office.

Now Jesus in human flesh had some form of limitations to his full expression of his personality as God. As man on earth, he didn’t know everything. That was why he even had to be anointed by the Holy Spirit to do the miracles he did. Most of the things he knew supernaturally were by the gifts of the Spirit functioning in his life.

For instance, when he was hungry, he approached a fig tree expecting to eat from it. But when he got there he found no fruits but leaves. If he functioned fully in his divine nature as God, he would have known that the tree has no fruit.

Concerning his return, he even said no one knows the day of his return except the father who have kept that as a personal secret.

Now, how do we defend his seemingly false prediction in Matt 16:28? Jesus was obviously talking about his visible return and those he said will not taste death are all dead. What then went wrong? What happened was that there was a mystery that was not revealed to even our Lord Jesus by the Father until he rose from the dead. What was the mystery? It was the church age. Our Lord Jesus at that time did not see the church age. He saw his mission as only coming to save the Jews. So after his death, he expected that the faithful Jews will be raptured to heaven, then the great tribulation will follow immediately and the anti Christ will be revealed who will rule for a short time after which he (Jesus) will come back to take the kingdom away from the anti Christ and establish his forever. He never knew God was going to extend the opportunity of salvation to the Gentile nations. Look at some statement he made to buttress my point;

“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 10:5-6). Here, he commanded his disciples not to go into the way of the gentiles but only to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal.

Another instance revealing that he thought his mission was for the Jews only was his conversation he had with the Cannanite woman, “ And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:22-24).[/i]

With this in mind, you will now understand why he gave the prediction. In his limitation as man, he did not see the Church Age.

Apostle paul mentioned this in his letter - he calls it a mystery that has been hidden from ages. “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” (Colossians 1:26-27)[i]

It is for this same reason that the Jews actually rejected Christ as the Messiah. The entire nation of the Jews also did not see the Church age. They expected Christ to assume the throne of his father David as foretold by the angels. But nothing of such happened and they conclude he cannot be the Messiah. So, they are still looking forward for their Messiah.

The Church age which is the period given to the Gentile world to be saved paused God’s dealing with the Jews. And God’s dealing with the Jews will only resume when he is through with the gentile nations. Hence Paul wrote; “ For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” (Romans 11:25-27)[i][/i]

We all expect everything about our Lord Jesus to be 100% as we claim he is God. Yes he is but on earth, he took upon himself the form of a man which brought some forms of limitations. That was why he was hungry like you and me. God does not get hungry. There were times he was also tired.

This is also the same reason his predictions in Matthew 24:34 failed. Just the same reason. Our Lord Jesus did not see the Church age. It was after his resurrection that the Church age was revealed to him and the plan of God was fully unfolded. Hence he told his disciples to take the gospel to the uttermost part of the world.

The full revelation of future events that cannot be faulted is contained in the book of revelations which Jesus gave to John the disciple to write down. At this point, he had left the tabernacle of our human body that placed some forms of limitation to him.
So, please, do not allow only these two scriptures which I think I have explained to make you doubt the events of the future. Jesus predicted his death and resurrection and it happened just the way he said it. No man till date has been able to refute the fact the Jesus rose from the death. So, no one could stop him from rising from the death, no one can also stop him from coming back. He says;

“Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown” (Rev 3:11)

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen (Rev 1:7)

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globalwordimpactonlinestore

1 Like

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by zzzzy: 6:06am On Mar 07, 2016
Ken4Christ:

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:27-28[/i]

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:34-36.[i]

These two verses Matthew 16:28 and Matthew 24:34 has been tagged failed predictions and also used to attack Christianity. What kind of defense can we objectively put to this? First, Jesus did not write any book but those who witnessed his earthly ministry put together his teachings as far as their memories could carry them. Well even if he said so and it did not happen just the way he predicted, I do not have any iota of doubt that Jesus is the Christ and so many things he said are happening before our very eyes.

Well my defense is this. First, we believe that Jesus is the son of God and as such has the very nature of God such that we even refer to him as God. This is not an exaggerated claim. Goat gives birth to goat. Dog gives birth to dog. God gives birth to God. However, he is subject to the father who is his God also. This does not make him a lesser god in the same way you are not a lesser human being to your boss in the office.

Now Jesus in human flesh had some form of limitations to his full expression of his personality as God. As man on earth, he didn’t know everything. That was why he even had to be anointed by the Holy Spirit to do the miracles he did. Most of the things he knew supernaturally were by the gifts of the Spirit functioning in his life.

For instance, when he was hungry, he approached a fig tree expecting to eat from it. But when he got there he found no fruits but leaves. If he functioned fully in his divine nature as God, he would have known that the tree has no fruit.

Concerning his return, he even said no one knows the day of his return except the father who have kept that as a personal secret.

Now, how do we defend his seemingly false prediction in Matt 16:28? Jesus was obviously talking about his visible return and those he said will not taste death are all dead. What then went wrong? What happened was that there was a mystery that was not revealed to even our Lord Jesus by the Father until he rose from the dead. What was the mystery? It was the church age. Our Lord Jesus at that time did not see the church age. He saw his mission as only coming to save the Jews. So after his death, he expected that the faithful Jews will be raptured to heaven, then the great tribulation will follow immediately and the anti Christ will be revealed who will rule for a short time after which he (Jesus) will come back to take the kingdom away from the anti Christ and establish his forever. He never knew God was going to extend the opportunity of salvation to the Gentile nations. Look at some statement he made to buttress my point;

“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 10:5-6). Here, he commanded his disciples not to go into the way of the gentiles but only to the lost sheep of the house of Isreal.

Another instance revealing that he thought his mission was for the Jews only was his conversation he had with the Cannanite woman, “ And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:22-24).[/i]

With this in mind, you will now understand why he gave the prediction. In his limitation as man, he did not see the Church Age.

Apostle paul mentioned this in his letter - he calls it a mystery that has been hidden from ages. “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” (Colossians 1:26-27)[i]

It is for this same reason that the Jews actually rejected Christ as the Messiah. The entire nation of the Jews also did not see the Church age. They expected Christ to assume the throne of his father David as foretold by the angels. But nothing of such happened and they conclude he cannot be the Messiah. So, they are still looking forward for their Messiah.

The Church age which is the period given to the Gentile world to be saved paused God’s dealing with the Jews. And God’s dealing with the Jews will only resume when he is through with the gentile nations. Hence Paul wrote; “ For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” (Romans 11:25-27)[i][/i]

We all expect everything about our Lord Jesus to be 100% as we claim he is God. Yes he is but on earth, he took upon himself the form of a man which brought some forms of limitations. That was why he was hungry like you and me. God does not get hungry. There were times he was also tired.

This is also the same reason his predictions in Matthew 24:34 failed. Just the same reason. Our Lord Jesus did not see the Church age. It was after his resurrection that the Church age was revealed to him and the plan of God was fully unfolded. Hence he told his disciples to take the gospel to the uttermost part of the world.

The full revelation of future events that cannot be faulted is contained in the book of revelations which Jesus gave to John the disciple to write down. At this point, he had left the tabernacle of our human body that placed some forms of limitation to him.
So, please, do not allow only these two scriptures which I think I have explained to make you doubt the events of the future. Jesus predicted his death and resurrection and it happened just the way he said it. No man till date has been able to refute the fact the Jesus rose from the death. So, no one could stop him from rising from the death, no one can also stop him from coming back. He says;

“Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown” (Rev 3:11)

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen (Rev 1:7)

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globalwordimpactonlinestore

i don't know where you got your info from, but it's flipping wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by johnw74: 6:54am On Mar 07, 2016
The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future

The Bible Clearly Shows That Rapture Will Happen In Future

@bold black, When a lot of people go missing at the same time,
that's a big news event it will be reported all around the world,
it hasn't happened yet.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

@red, The Lord hasn't come again yet, that would be a big event also.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 1:30am On Mar 08, 2016
johnw74:

The Bible Clearly Shows That Rapture Will Happen In Future

@bold black, When a lot of people go missing at the same time,
that's a big news event it will be reported all around the world,
it hasn't happened yet.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

@red, The Lord hasn't come again yet, that would be a big event also.
Why is it taking over 2,000 years? You guys have to really wake up he said clearly in my generation!
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by Bitterleafsoup: 1:32am On Mar 08, 2016
zzzzy:
i don't know where you got your info from, but it's flipping wrong.
I agree before I answer him I would like to hear your own take.
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by zzzzy: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
I agree before I answer him I would like to hear your own take.
Verse 34. - This generation. Our Lord's assertion has given rise to sceptical observations, as if his prophecy had failed. Alford has endeavoured to remove objections by taking γενεὰ as equivalent to γένος, a race or family of people, and referring it to the continued existence of the Jews. He cites Jeremiah 8:3 (Septuagint); Matthew 12:45; Matthew 17:17; Matthew 23:36, etc., in confirmation of this signification. His examples, however, are not unassailable, though such use is certainly classical; but it the same time, it is unlikely that Christ should thus indefinitely postpone a period of infinite importance to his hearers. But there is no necessity for assuming any unusual meaning in the term "this generation." Its plain and obvious reference is to the contemporaries of the speaker, or those who shall live some thirty or forty years longer; this period would bring them to the siege of Jerusalem. And remembering that Christ has drawn no definite line between this crisis and the final consummation, we are justified in regarding all these things as meaning, primarily, the signs preceding or accompanying the downfall of the city. In a secondary sense, "this generation" may mean the spiritual Israel, the generation of them that seek the Lord (Psalm 24:6). "All these things shall surely come to pass," says Chrysostom, "and the generation of the faithful shall remain, cut off by none of the things that have been mentioned. For both Jerusalem shall perish, and the more part of the Jews shall be destroyed, but over this generation shall nothing prevail - not famine, not pestilence, not earthquake, not the tumults of wars, not false Christs, not false prophets, not deceivers, not traitors, not those that cause to offend, nor the false brethren, nor any other such-like temptations whatever." Some critics have combined the three meanings of "generation" given above, and have seen in Christ's words a threefold reference, first, to the contemporary people; secondly, to the Jewish nation; thirdly, to the Christian believers or dispensation. According to Lange, "this generation" means the generation of those who know and discern these signs.
pulpit's commentary
Re: The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future by johnw74: 1:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Why is it taking over 2,000 years? You guys have to really wake up he said clearly in my generation!

@bold, No, Jesus didn't say "in my generation" He said "this generation" speaking off the generation alive when these things happen.

Mat 24:34 Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.

Now just back up just a few verses:

Mat 24:29 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
Mat 24:30 And then the sign of the Son of Man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

This hasn't happened yet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. / Dunamis Church: Unveiling The World Largest Church Auditorium (glory Dome) / What Is Atheophobia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.