Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. (19988 Views)

Dangote And Others Set To Acquire Peugeot Automobile Nigeria / Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / Kaduna Govt Hosts, Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by NaijaCuzin: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Acquiring Peugeot or Innoson cars will not boost the economy of Nigeria or naira..
in other words,Na Innoson go chop the car money no be Nigerians

*Modified*
I understand Innoson creates employment and bla bla. I wasn't against Nigerians buying Naija products. that was my opinion so stop quoting and F*dS*
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by KELVIN086: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
justmenoni:
Wake up oooo grin grin [b]but[/b]bet I like that ur shoe sha,na aba u buy am? Dat ur tie is kukulaturesim

grin
How You take know say my Shoes na confirm Aba-made?
Proudly patronizing the Naija made!
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by fulanimafia: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
NaijaCuzin:
Acquiring Peugeot or Innoson cars will not boost the economy of Nigeria or naira..
in other words,Na Innoson go chop the car money no be Nigerians sad

Do you think an expansion of production capacity would not create jobs as well as foster the emergence and growth of allied industries (such as lubricant manufacturers) to support their operations? Think my friend.

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
this is fantastic..I pray the oil price declines in price for the next 2 years so that our leaders can finally think..

so much opportunities for jobs and development and yet we suffer because of the foolishness of this country... angry

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by zilon12(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
El Rufai should focus on Arewa textile revival, too many promises, its becoming a game
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by forgiveness: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
NaijaCuzin:

But they still have to employ people, and pay taxes.

Then add the jobs that suppliers and so on would provide.

Then the jobs added on by businesses springing up in the vicinity of the factory.

And everyone pays taxes....and buys products with the cash earned from salaries and stuff....

Yes....jobs provided....economy boosted

Unless Innoson himself makes all the cars with his own hands...without the benefit of employees.

4 Likes

awesomesossy:

Wake up jor....u 2 like sleep grin
grin
Get out of my Car! Thanks for waking me!! Its eventually made the FP!!!

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by fadajosh: 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
target zero unemployment......mtcheewwwe....
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
lipsrsealed
Weedcrusher:
What happened to Innoson?

I no talk am. grin
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Know2020: 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
Like Alhaji Musa said to Kola in the phone conversation, we will find every business Igbos are doing, and do it. Lol! PAN Nigeria has opened and folded 7 times since it was built. It will happen again!

Innoson just dey laugh them...I'll run them out of business. Innoson plastics produces most of the plastics and hoses used in the auto manufacturing. Innoson Tyres produces tyres for his cars Same as some parts. He buys battery from a local manufacturer in Nnewi...many companies manufactures batteries and auto parts in Nnewi. There is a reason why Innoson has remained successful in the auto manufacturing business...the above reasons are why!

Igbo...teach them business. By the time Innoson is done with PAN, PAN will run back to France. Just as Ibeto ran Dangote out of cement business...Dangote resulted in using federal might to slow him down. Ifeanyi Ubah came into downstream oil and gas business at age 29, he ran all of them out of business. Till this day, Oando, Conoil, MRS, Forte/Zenon cannot understand how he did it.lol. You are trying to compete with Igbo men who have been doing business since they were 12 yrs old.lol

I have no problem with competition, it is welcome if it's fair, meaning don't use government might to stop your competitor. There should be level playing field!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
Mckandre:
oya e done happen. *KICKS*
grin
Hope it's not too late to modify the post?!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by acenazt: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
This is change bt blind ipod heads will come come shout bulls up and down while foaming in the mouth shouting Innoson.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by muller101(m): 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Idrismusty97:
When this company fully takeoff on a grand scale. Some people with fIat heads will start saying their business is targeted. Go El Rufai, Show them what real business means.
tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
zilon12:
El Rufai should focus on Arewa textile revival, too many promises, its becoming a game

Not a bad idea. Problem is....China-produced textiles are flooding the African market...Nigeria included. And there are the second hand clothes import business too.

Mauritius which relies on textiles as a main revenue earner has been having issues with China textiles for example.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by muller101(m): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
princdebola201:
Flat_heads be Like El-rufai want's to kill our business.
tribal bigot.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by amagunnerfan: 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
Can we have ajaokuta steel back too?
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by kobonaire(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
Is this really a financially wise decision? Which Nigerian government run cooperation operates profitably? If that French company cannot survive in Nigeria then let it die a peaceful death. One way the government can help is to provide tax incentives, favourable loan terms etc. Let the car experts manage their own business the way they know best. It not as good idea for governments to be involved in the business of car assembly.

7 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
lol dead on arrival!!
First victim of reversed auto policy. Peugeot is pulling out of Nigeria and to save face, El-Rufai who supervised the selling of government properties to the public for lack of efficiency wants to buy it. How ironic?

Some people are hailing him?

Good night Peugeot!

And I want El-rufai to succeed for the good of all but......

Someone please show me a government owned car manufacturing plant....

MizMycoli, Firefire, anonimi, ellechrystal, Kenai

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Ahmeduana(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
Idrismusty97:
When this company fully takeoff on a grand scale. Some people with fIat heads will start saying their business is targeted. Go El Rufai, Show them what real business means.
I DEY SMELL E-BADI BELLE, BECAUSE THEY SEE THE POTENTIALS OF INNOSON THEY QUICKLY WAN FLOAT THERE OWN AUTOMOBILE COMPANY THROUGH SHORT CUT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER HAD BEEN THEY ARE GOOD MANAGER...
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by kobonaire(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
agabaI23:
...Someone please show me a government owned car manufacturing plant....
u don knack the nail for head
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Nairadays: 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Weedcrusher:
What happened to Innoson?

Let Innoson intensify his marketing because a sleeping elephant in the form if a revived PAN has just been woken up.

Competition is healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by zilon12(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Not a bad idea. Problem is....China-produced textiles are flooding the African market...Nigeria included. And there are the second hand clothes import business too.

Mauritius which relies on textiles as a main revenue earner has been having issues with China textiles for example.
I am not at all against his ideas. What I am saying is he should fully execute one project before jumping to another.

I am an indigene of Kaduna. The only physical achievement in El Rufai's tenure is demolition of illegal structures and removing ghost workers from the states payroll. Anything else is just promises
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
princdebola201:
Flat_heads be Like El-rufai want's to kill our business.
Tribal bigot, Innoson is it a regional business or a one man business and people are jubilating, have you people seen any successful company owned by Nigeria or any State government in Nigeria since independence in 1960. One politician will just make one unachievable statement and the gullible people will start jumping up and down

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Kyase(m): 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
henrydadon:
wait oo e be like say my name don turn to BAN-ABAS this one one way all this mod just dey dash me ban
I swear one mod go find one post I comment 3 years ago ban me for the comment.
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by agabaI23(m): 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
kobonaire:
u don knack the nail for head
grin
Yes sir!
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by aresa: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
NaijaCuzin:

You know nothing about the economy, you people just talk just for the sake of talking and hating..

Investments, manufacturing plants and industries and Nigerians working and paying taxes is what boosts the economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Rybnyk(m): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good. I just hope they have plans to ensure that there is constant power supplied to the assembly plant...
Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by fulanimafia: 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
agabaI23:
lol dead on arrival!!
First victim of reversed auto policy. Peugeot is pulling out of Nigeria and to save face, El-Rufai who supervised the selling of government properties to the public for lack of efficiency wants to buy it. How ironic?

Some people are hailing him?

Good night Peugeot!

And I want El-rufai to succeed for the good of all but......

Someone please show me a government owned car manufacturing plant....

MizMycoli, Firefire, anonimi, ellechrystal, Kenai

First of all, the UK government has a stake in Rolls Royce. Secondly, having a stake in PAN does not necessarily mean that it's management would be affected, changed or politicized, unlike in the cases of NITEL and Mtel. What this simply means is that more financing would be available to the company to expand its operations, and the government is creating jobs, fostering the growth of allied industries, and creating a new revenue stream by this investment.

Finally, PAN Nigeria is owned by ASD Motors (owned by Alhaji (Dr.) Sani Dauda), a wholly indigenous company, so your talk about it pulling out of Nigeria is completely baseless.

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Na with mouth den de use run company, you don see for Nigeria any state government wey own a company that run a successful business for Naija,you just dey jubilate without knowing that na inside one chance motor you dey so

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. by Ofodirinwa: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
Government owned car manufacturing!
awesome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / I Will Recover Nigeria's Money From Looters, Send Them To Prison - Buhari / Elections Results Tally With Civil Society Observations –EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.