Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage (45410 Views)

Bride Runs Away After Groom Fails To Provide Traditional Marriage Items / Cheating Nigerian Wife Threatens A Man Who Said Men Should Do DNA Test / Traditional Marriage List In Aboh Mbaise, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by AVRecruit: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
Many women have turned State sponsored divorce laws into a lucrative business. Find a well to do man or a man with potential, after several years or a decade, file divorce. You get to keep his house, alimony and child support payments, half of ur future income goes to her while she sleeps with other men!

im not sure what the laws are in Nigeria but guys wise up, only do traditional lest u part with ur landed property and union bank shares!

For white wedding just call pastor to pray for u.

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by cognize: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
AVRecruit:
Many women have turned State sponsored divorce laws into a lucrative business. Find a well to do man or a man with potential, after several years or a decade, file divorce. You get to keep his house, alimony and child support payments, half of ur future income goes to her while she sleeps with other men!

im not sure what the laws are in
Nigeria but guys wise up, only do traditional lest u part with ur landed property and union bank shares!

I concur

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by ibkn(m): 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
this is not the position under Nigerian Law. a woman doesn't get half of the assets by force

41 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by AVRecruit: 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
but under Nigerian law men will be seperated from their children and ordered to pay child support/ alimony.

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Fanirandele: 1:51am On Mar 07, 2016
AVRecruit:
but under Nigerian law men will be seperated from their children and ordered to pay child support/ alimony.

The law will give primary custody to whoever is deemed to be in the best position to take care of the children while the other party will get visitation rights. It ends up being women more because they are usually the ones who have been doing most of the caring while married e.g bathing, cooking, homework e.t.c so it's easier for them to be able to carry on versus the judge giving the kids to a man who may never have changed diapers before or cooked for the children. Men who are hands on with their children while married are better prepared to take on that responsibility full time but they are few. Nothing wrong with paying child support, why would anyone not want to keep his/ her financial responsibilities towards their children angry Either married or not, both parents still have responsibities towards the children and a major part of that is financial. I don't believe alimony is given to spouses in Nigeria. Divorce laws are actually pretty much in the man's favor here because even when the children are with the woman many dead irresponsible men still get out of paying child support since there is really no system in place which means many divorced women end up as the major financial providers for the children and in many cases sef they are the sole financial providers.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by postmann: 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
AVRecruit:

im not sure what the laws are in Nigeria but guys wise up, only do traditional lest u part with ur landed property and union bank shares!

I'm sorry to be late to this thread.

Truth is marriage is too sacred to be interfered with by some godless scholars. Who the hell is a judge or magistrate or whatever to pronounce anyone married or divorced? GOD is the owner, originator of marriage, not man. And we are to abide by GOD's standard in marriage. When man attempt to fix issues he never originated by his own knowledge and understanding, he only complicate it further and prove he isn't truly wise.

Even priests have no scriptural backing to join anyone in matrimony. They can only bless a marriage.

An unmarried girl belongs to her father. And he only can give her out in marriage with his blessings to any man she chooses. His role is to advice and counsel her before she makes her choice and after.

Children belong more to their fathers even in divorce. They trace their lineage through their father and therein lies their inheritance and identity.

Since man-made, carnal institutions have poked their noses into marriage, divorce is rampant and most times for flimsy reasons.
I pity the soul of any judge who has ever dissolved a marriage save for adultery. On issues of threat to life, I believe the appropriate response is separation, and not outright divorce.

Still, I believe a judge should have no powers dissolving any marriage. Such an institution is too sacred for his carnal mind to meddle into.

Traditional marriage is the most spiritual and significant. There you abide by custom and pay every dues to the bride's parents and relative. Then you would have settled both man and spirit.

But she's not a property oooo!

So smart men will never in the first place trust their marital covenant to be based and supervised by some spiritually hollow intellectuals, A.K.A wise-fools.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 5minsmadness: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
Traditional marriage
Court wedding
Church wedding

That's the plan.

Truth is, marriage is a SPIRITUAL institution and not a CARNAL or LEGAL one. The moment white folk introduced the pre-nup and legal aspect, they screwed up the spiritual romance of marriage. Why go into marriage seeking for what you will gain from your partner instead of what you can give. Selfishness in marriage is a recipe for misery.

People's should marry those whom they love(women) and respect(men). The purpose of marriage is to bring joy and love, not Strife and competition.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
AVRecruit:

In this Nigeria?

grin

Even a correct church will not wed you without a license from the court or a marriage certificate obtained from the registry.

Peeps are still queuing to get married at the registry

Watever rocks your boat

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Vyolet(f): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
None of those laws work here in Nigeria, when a man divorces you or you divorce him, no one would force him to give you Nada, unless he is responsible enough to know his responsibility.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by chigoizie7(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
When it is time for me to get married, I will only do that in a traditional way (traditional wedding). If I eventually change my mind on d marriage thing.

If she so desires the white wedding, good, but only my immediate family and hers (dad,mum and siblings) maybe one or two friends. and if the church suggests the court paper whatever, they should just forget it entirely.

Traditional marriage is the best.

For my side, even if u like, let pope's, cardinals, archbishops, curates, primates,general overseers officiate that white wedding without traditional marriage, u re still single and searching.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by 2good(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Vyolet:
None of those laws work here in Nigeria, when a man divorces you or you divorce him, no one would force him to give you Nada, unless he is responsible enough to know his responsibility.

A man is responsible to his kids not a problematic ex wife. Why should the man always be the one to give? Don't men and women get thesame education and opportunity in Nigeria?

19 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Joy1706(f): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Fanirandele:

The law will give primary custody to whoever is deemed to be in the best position to take care of the children while the other party will get visitation rights. It ends up being women more because they are usually the ones who have been doing most of the caring while married e.g bathing, cooking, homework e.t.c so it's easier for them to be able to carry on versus the judge giving the kids to a man who may never have changed diapers before or cooked for the children. Men who are hands on with their children while married are better prepared to take on that responsibility full time but they are few. Nothing wrong with paying child support, why would anyone not want to keep his/ her financial responsibilities towards their children angry Either married or not, both parents still have responsibities towards the children and a major part of that is financial. I don't believe alimony is given to spouses in Nigeria. Divorce laws are actually pretty much in the man's favor here because even when the children are with the woman many dead irresponsible men still get out of paying child support since there is really no system in place which means many divorced women end up as the major financial providers for the children and in many cases sef they are the sole financial providers.
That happens because either the women don't know their right or they just choose not to push it

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Joy1706(f): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Good luck with that. I don't think any sane lady will marry a man in this era without doing registry marriage. I for one will do all three.

8 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Chidoks(f): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Your reasons are as bad as those of the gold digging females.
Marriage is an institution ordained by God to last for a life time. The only expiry date is death of one or both partners (where a surviving partner chooses not to marry but comports his/ herself in a decent manner). It's the purest institution in the history of mankind.it's a spiritual venture where one in one equals to one.
However, like every good thing gets corrupted and bastardized; holy matrimony has it's peculiar challenges which includes parties going into marriage for the wrong reasons one of which you mentioned in your post.
You don't go into marriage with deceit or ungodly considerations in your mind. Marriage is contracted with a heart so pure and true. It's only on this basis that any marriage can survive any challenge.
Our indigenous laws are fair on this sacred institution and I hope it doesn't go bad.
However your advice to men is also a corruption on the institution. If you marry with the right intention, it's likely you would end up with a person of like mind and when challenges come, your dedication to the marriage will make you act accordingly. It's mostly when you marry for the wrong reasons that saperation and divorce come up ( there are exceptions though)
Once you have the right intention and right partner, who weds you after the father gives his daughter out remains inconsequential.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by cutetopsey(f): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
lolz
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by hensben(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bitter truth.

Single Ladies face right now...

13 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by winner01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
okay
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by allanphash7(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nice one op

#Teamdivorce

Many Nigeria men doesnt know what legal marriage entails before going into it

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Temismith(f): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
na so
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Only foolish women will accept this fuckery of a suggestion.

SO you marry her under customary laws and leave the woman with no rights or legal protection whatsoever.. You can kick her and the kids out whenever you please and keep all your money and leave her high and dry abi?

Or when you die, you leave her at the mercies of your family to determine what portion of your asset she gets or not abi?

Of you can marry more wives and add to her and she cant do shit about it abi?

Or you can cheat on her with no consequences abi?

This Thread is the dumbest thread of the year..

Women, If your Husband wants to marry you, let him do court marriage first to show he is serious before una even go do traditional. angry

The only protection a married woman has in Nigeria is her Court Marriage license. angry

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by kay29000(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Alimony? It is not like that in Naija o! This words you are using is foreign to a typical Nigerian.
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by TheArchangel(f): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
To me marriage is a business contract or like a land lease mumbo jumbo.
When the business is losing or not making enough profit you can retrench or layoff workers and so also when the land lease is up you renew until the parties are exhausted with the constant renewal and decides to seek for other lands.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by saasala(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Lilyomi2: 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
personally, I don't really fancy church wedding. I so much dream of a typical traditional ceremony but of course we would sign at the court afterward. Yes we will but I don't have the intention of taking his money. Op is talking like money is above all. Fact is most women don't even know about all what you stated.
With your eyes on money above love, your choice would be a lady like you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by mrphysics(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hope they will continue with African traditional Religion?
hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by agarawu23(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
#teamtraditionalwedding grin
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by seunny4lif(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
I dey come
Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
postmann:

I'm sorry to be late to this thread.

Truth is marriage is too sacred to be interfered with by some godless scholars. Who the hell is a judge or magistrate or whatever to pronounce anyone married or divorced? GOD is the owner, originator of marriage, not man. And we are to abide by GOD's standard in marriage. When man attempt to fix issues he never originated by his own knowledge and understanding, he only complicate it further and prove he isn't truly wise.

Even priests have no scriptural backing to join anyone in matrimony. They can only bless a marriage.

An unmarried girl belongs to her father. And he only can give her out in marriage with his blessings to any man she chooses. His role is to advice and counsel her before she makes her choice and after.

Children belong more to their fathers even in divorce. They trace their lineage through their father and therein lies their inheritance and identity.

Since man-made, carnal institutions have poked their noses into marriage, divorce is rampant and most times for flimsy reasons.
I pity the soul of any judge who has ever dissolved a marriage save for adultery. On issues of threat to life, I believe the appropriate response is separation, and not outright divorce.

Still, I believe a judge should have no powers dissolving any marriage. Such an institution is too sacred for his carnal mind to meddle into.

Traditional marriage is the most spiritual and significant. There you abide by custom and pay every dues to the bride's parents and relative. Then you would have settled both man and spirit.

But she's not a property oooo!

So smart men will never in the first place trust their marital covenant to be based and supervised by some spiritually hollow intellectuals, A.K.A wise-fools.

Stop hugging the e-gbo jor...

Its puff puff pass not, puff puff hold..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by MsGlobalwonder(f): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Why not just co-habit? Marriage is not by force naa undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by nbright: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Not in Nigeria. How much alimony do court ask the man to pay?

1 Like

Re: Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
cognize:

I concur
Me two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WHY Do Potential Couples Do This? / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / Should I Tell My Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.