Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (22860 Views)

Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by tete7000(m): 10:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Adeboyefa:

Proverbs 28:26 says, β€œHe who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks wisely will be delivered.”

Hope you understand the quoted scripture? It means don't put trust in your own strength to do anything but rather trust in the Lord and make him guide you walk wisely. The concept of trust in the quoted scripture is different from my argument when you know your strength and weakness and what you are capable of doing or what you won't do.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Hafyz23(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2016
Presently,the one i wud like to enjoy my assets if anytin happens is my wife,my next of kin.
So,my next-next of kin would be my first son.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Siena:

Probably, suggestions are great. However, it's not what you say, but HOW you say it. Your initial response reeked of sheer arrogance and smugness. This was your response:

You're free to question my choice, not tell me what I SHOULD do, based upon your choices. As for your statement "guys like you", that is rude, patronising and presumptuous, even if you knew me personally. Worse seeing as you don't. I know the provisions put in place for my children and wife...you don't.
...am I supposed to join issue with you based on this? I don't think so, neither have I the time for frivolities...like I said, have it your way..your life,your choices.. I know you not, nor care your choices. Have a wonderful day
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Reference(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2016
Creamz:
Some of you saying my wife will be my next of kin. What if something happens to you and she gets married again and she is the type that makes the husband next of kin and something eventually happens to her. Will the children not lose everything? No matter how small the child is its of my own opinion to make the first child nxt of kin. If you have other properties your other children canbe nxt of kin there too

You are mixing 'next of kin' with a 'will'. They are not the aame thing. In my opinion the first is more about responsibilities towards you while the latter is more about benefits.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by eitsei(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2016
Dannyset:
My wife for sure!
I Sha know now my wife before my children...I love and trust my wife before I married her so why can't she be my next of kin? though I can't tell when my wife and I have become old like 65 and above then I can think of making my child my next of kin
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Pretyella(f): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2016
My first two children as next of kins with my husband and youngest bro(him I trust) as guardians but with my husband's consent.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
...am I supposed to join issue with you based on this? I don't think so, neither have I the time for frivolities...like I said, have it your way..your life,your choices.. I know you not, nor care your choices. Have a wonderful day

My life, my choices. At least we're in agreement on this, which is all I really care about.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by soonest(f): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2016
Evidence1000:

Should I say that you do not trust your husband?
That was actually his idea but to answer your question 'dem dey know man finish?
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2016
My Husband because I am married to Him and I trust He has my (and OUR children) best interests at heart whatever happens. I am also His next of kin. Our children will hv their own spouses to make their next of kin later if they so wish.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by nbright: 10:41am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
tor! if you abide by the principle of life, you should be safe methinks... +guys are quick to say there there are many b*tches they can wife on a dime.. many fishes in the ocean... here ya go!
these days, the fishes in the ocean aren't even good for man's consumption. Bad fishes everywhere you look.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Emmau0091(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2016
My girl friend.... pls, do not tell me how to life my life... Thank ugrin
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
nobody referred to him as heartless or irresponsible...a handful of good men have done what he's asserted leaving a lacuna for in-laws to question the legitimacy of kids the man and his wife may have had all in th bid to disinherit the kids especially if they are minors. You get my drift?
That's what you implied.
Your wife should be your next of kin...guys like you are the ones leaving their wives and children out in the cold should anything happen to the man...

In the case of in-laws, even if you use your wife as next of kin, if they want to bring out their ugly heads, they would. It only requires you, standing on your ground.

The best I can do is to make my wife my next of kin when my first child is still young. When he's grown up, I'll change it and make him my next of kin.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by ewizard1: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Though i read brainless comments here sha but would respect anyones opinion.

In my own opinion. When i hear NEXT OF KIN, its doesnt always mean person who'll take possession of your properties when you die. It migth be someone who would be matured enough to represent or stand incase of any issue.

For me. My wife would be my next of kin... She was there before our kids. Even if she gets all i worked for, why on earth would she deny HER (OUR) own children of any entitlement?

See me stress the HER.

Except you guys got married to an insecure kinda woman. It's your problem so you have to deal with it.

#Thanks

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2016
Adeboyefa:

As long as he has only one wife, his son will take care of his wife (the son's own mother). But if he has children from several women, he should pay the other women's shares into their bank accounts before making his first son his next of kin, or the other women and their children may suffer after his death.
Yea, true.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by omogemi: 11:07am On Mar 08, 2016
lolaluv1:
There is a case going on now, where the late guy's entitlements are being dragged by the wife, the brother and the dad. All because the guy used his brother as his next of kin and he didn't update his information after getting married.

The late guy's child who he didn't even get to see has been left in the cold. And the more they tussle, the harder it is accessing the cash. So the wife and kid are really not finding it easy.

I would suggest either wife or child be used as next of kin....

as I writing this, this is exactly what my husband did n he did not change it. When I asked him 'why?', he said he did it when we were yet to have children n now that we have kids, he still has not changed it.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
thats the crux of the matter.. why would anybody marry persons they don't trust and respect?
it happens o!, maybe because the man has money and women rather go after money dan love and you hear dem saying dat love will come later.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Manji01: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2016
onoslove:
Was listening to this programme on air on Saturday. And so many callers called in naming who their next of kin will be with reasons .And there was this hated argument in the circle where I was on who to make your next of kin. This is a very good topical issue, and I decided to bring it to Nairaland, so that we can debate and also get to learn who our next of kin should be with very valid reasons. Will appreciate if the Mod can push it to front page so that this topic can get a wide view.
My wife is surely my next of kin.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Irore: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2016
onoslove:
Was listening to this programme on air on Saturday. And so many callers called in naming who their next of kin will be with reasons .And there was this hated argument in the circle where I was on who to make your next of kin. This is a very good topical issue, and I decided to bring it to Nairaland, so that we can debate and also get to learn who our next of kin should be with very valid reasons. Will appreciate if the Mod can push it to front page so that this topic can get a wide view.

My wife but I have 2 two wives. Making your next wife also implies your child that is if she is the biological mother.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by kodix(m): 11:21am On Mar 08, 2016
I think men should use their wife incase anytin happen to him she will have full acess and nt drag it wit anyone/womens wake nature,using his child is not ok bcs if anytin happn to him d child who is the nxt of kin might sieze evrytin and if d case persit oda of his siblngs will nt b trained,bt for women i think they shld use their child bcs men are usually strng willed anf can get it frm d child if anytin happns to d woman.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by labiola: 11:22am On Mar 08, 2016
My wife is my Next of kin. The reason is that everything I have is written on our names, Mr and Mrs. Men need to protect their family from any form of external attack.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by fairheven: 11:24am On Mar 08, 2016
By
luvbeloved:
It's my first child Naaa but since she's still a kid....i used her mum's number as her number when filling forms...if I die now the woman go remarry sharp sharp o!...am not dying anytime soon thou

And what if she marries another man,is she supposed to mourn you forever, and if she dies won't you marry another woman as well?

Isn't it "till death do us part?"

What should be of concern to you is for your child to be in safe hands once you are gone.

If you no want another person to Bleep your wife when you are gone, just "jump out of the coffin" before them pore you sand for grave angry
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Siena:

My life, my choices. At least we're in agreement on this, which is all I really care about.
mtcheeew..whatever mehn tongue
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by ican2020: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
Your wife should be your next of kin...guys like you are the ones leaving their wives and children out in the cold should anything happen to the man...
My wife is my next of kin, while my first child is my second
Know body can love your children more than their mother.
A word is enough for wise

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2016
nbright:
these days, the fishes in the ocean aren't even good for man's consumption. Bad fishes everywhere you look.
ha ha!
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 08, 2016
ican2020:
My wife is my next of kin, while my first child is my second Know body can love your children more than their mother. A word is enough for wise
heres a reasonable man!
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by signified: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2016
My wife.. 1+1=1, The heavenly pronounced pillar of my home, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh? my mother, my sister whom I also see and hold as my child, someone I have entrusted the family welfare to. My confidant, the secrete of our family success and the reason am being people called father, husband and a family head. Make op ask another person oh!!!

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 08, 2016
NewSheriff:
That's what you implied.

In the case of in-laws, even if you use your wife as next of kin, if they want to bring out their ugly heads, they would. It only requires you, standing on your ground.

The best I can do is to make my wife my next of kin when my first child is still young. When he's grown up, I'll change it and make him my next of kin.
...ok, what if your wife used her sister as next of kin while married to you? you get what I mean?
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
mtcheeew..whatever mehn tongue

Lol...you choose to be rude, because my views conflict with yours. An intelligent woman will state her case, and defend her decision clearly and concisely, but not you. You're the very sort of woman that men avoid at all costs.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2016
signified:
My wife.. 1+1=1, The heavenly pronounced pillar of my home, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh? my mother, my sister whom I also see and hold as my child, someone I have entrusted the family welfare to. My confidant, the secrete of our family success and the reason am being people called father, husband and a family head. Make op ask another person oh!!!
correct man, I dey hail oh
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2016
herbie27:
it happens o!, maybe because the man has money and women rather go after money dan love and you hear dem saying dat love will come later.
...you marry what's in you anyway
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Evidence1000(m): 11:40am On Mar 08, 2016
soonest:

That was actually his idea but to answer your question 'dem dey know man finish?

Lol! You're right, my sister.
Re: As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
...ok, what if your wife used her sister as next of kin while married to you? you get what I mean?
Why should she use her sister? It's not right. What will happen to her (our) kids paradventure something happens? It's like saying what if I use my brother as my next of kin? Does it make sense?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal / Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.