Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP (19975 Views)

Lagos’ ICT Cluster Takes Off, Targets $10bn Revenue / Total: We Have Injected $10bn Into Nigeria’s Economy / Dangote/black Rhino Group To Construct $10bn Power Plants In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by enigma2007(m): 11:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Nixon55:

Is it that they no longer teach reading and comprehension in Nigerian schools or just that the students outrighlty refuse to learn.
The article clearly stated that the Black Rhino group is investing in three power related projects.
1. Solar plant in Kano (100mw)
2. Coal power plant in South East (1000mw)
3. Gas pipe line from Akwa Ibom to Lagos and onwards to Ghana.

Is this hard to comprehend? What's the fuss about Akwa Ibom being in South East or South South?
Nigerian masses being their own enemies...

and they will scream marginalization again or Dangote does not have investments in the SE region blah blah.

Somebody is coming with his money to invest ( as private individuals) and some people are already hounding him.. If perchance he invests elsewhere, serious talk again...na wa for our youths o!
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by asha80(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Nixon55:

Is it that they no longer teach reading and comprehension in Nigerian schools or just that the students outrighlty refuse to learn.
The article clearly stated that the Black Rhino group is investing in three power related projects.
Is this hard to comprehend? What's the fuss about Akwa Ibom being in South East or South South?
the coal power plant is in Kano...read the third paragraph and also fourth paragraph well..'set up a coal power plant and solar plant in kano'and 'ganduje said that the consortium decided to set up the power plants in kano' no where was it written set up coal power plant in se.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by okpurukata(f): 11:56am On Mar 08, 2016
The day Dangote actually invests in South East, I will believe in One Nigeria. Akwa Ibom is south south. Anyway, he is welcome.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by abdulwastecx(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
fairheven:

But seriously in this age and time, the world is talking about renewable energy, not coal that will do more harm to the environment.

That is our problem my friend... Renewable energy from water, solar and air are far more expensive than fossil fuels like coal, gas etc. We need thousands of megawatts to have stable electricity and strong industrial base, so we need to look into areas where we have comparative advantage.

United States generate more 60% of their power from coal despite been one off the most industrialized country on earth, China, Brazil etc all generate alot from themes dirty sources.

In fact, Africa as a continent emit less than 5% green house gasses, so why spend ten terms when we have cheaper alternative. What we need now is 120*thousand megawatts of electricity from the cheaper sources possible, when we have that we can start talking about investing and researching on more environmentally friendly alternative

1 Like

Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by Emekamex(m): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nixon55:

In your bid to seem smart, you are now altering the article and coming up with your own theory.
It is clearly stated that both power plants will be situated in Kano, coal plants in South East were never mentioned.

Muhammadu Sanusi II, emir of Kano, who is the chairman of Black Rhino Group, disclosed that his group and Dangote Industries would contribute $5 billion each for the construction of a coal power plant and a solar energy project in Kano

The only project in Akwa Ibom is pipeline development to convey gas from that state to power plants in Lagos and Ghana.

I will like to state that I am no#t against these projects as it will help the people of Kano and Dangote respectively; I am only putting right to the deceptive title of the article.

Next time Mr, read the article correctly before you try to correct and belittle others, as you are in this case claiming right and educated when you are actually wrong in all angles and clearly the one in need of education.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by fulanimafia: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
elopee3000:
gala seller is better than almajiri or sucide bomber, eze gworo like u

You must think I have free time for iPod touts.

Show me where movement of coal from Enugu was mentioned or even hinted at in the article.

Osu.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by engineerjimmy: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
So sanusi black rhino group will contribute 5billion dollars too,how do they come up with that kind of money,hehe
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by elopee3000(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
fulanimafia:

You must think I have free time for iPod touts.

Show me where movement of coal from Enugu was mentioned or even hinted at in the article.

Osu.
ur a fulani u people came from guinea that why fulani people answers streets names or towns name cus they dont know thier name just like tofa of tofa town
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by deloon(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
opalu:
It is great to have a King that has Financial Muscle. King makers should henceforth desist from crowning jobseekers as Kings. Anyone who has not proved his worth, shouldn't be made King. In ancient times, if you are not the ultimate worrier you can't be King.

Advice sha undecided

Worrier or Warrior
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by elopee3000(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
elopee3000:
ur a fulani u people came from guinea that why fulani people answers streets names or towns name cus they dont know thier name just like tofa of tofa town
which states has coal in nigeria or is there any coal in kano? ndi oshi angry angry
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by fairheven: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2016
Mu
abdulwastecx:

That is our problem my friend... Renewable energy from water, solar and air are far more expensive than fossil fuels like coal, gas etc. We need thousands of megawatts to have stable electricity and strong industrial base, so we need to look into areas where we have comparative advantage.

United States generate more 60% of their power from coal despite been one off the most industrialized country on earth, China, Brazil etc all generate alot from themes dirty sources.

In fact, Africa as a continent emit less than 5% green house gasses, so why spend ten terms when we have cheaper alternative. What we need now is 120*thousand megawatts of electricity from the cheaper sources possible, when we have that we can start talking about investing and researching on more environmentally friendly alternative

You are right as per those countries having considerable coal energy. But the greater truth is that those same countries are diversifying their energy sources away from coal and fossil.

Is even better of for developing nations to start with renewable energy sources, instead of going fossil and spend huge amount of money to diversify later, just as Britain is spending billions to clear nuclear waste.

And who says developing countries can't lead the way for renewable energy, its all about planning, MOROCCO just completed the world largest solar power station. That is #leadership
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by Yugoos: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
Am I the only one that noticed Sanusi getting $5billion from his company? Kwaruption everywhere
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nixon55:

I tell you bro the thing tire me too. They all left the Gigantic project to discuss petty issues. Nairaland has plenty E warriors.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by yesnojar(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
lekjons:
Good development!
smiley
smiley
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by sleekman(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
dustydee:

No where does it say Sanusi will invest $5b but rather Black Rhino.
who owns black rhino and who owns dangote?
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by dustydee: 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
sleekman:
who owns black rhino and who owns dangote?
Google is your friend.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:54am On Mar 09, 2016
kevinscore:

How do u plan 2 man thousands of kilometres of pipeline u be witch
no be Nnpc wen get interest in lax security. cement is cheap abroad. why don't ppl smuggle? dangote na one man Mafia. when he build d pipeline, if you wan test your confidence and THEN you will know say big brother is watching.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:58am On Mar 09, 2016
kevinscore:

How do u plan 2 man thousands of kilometres of pipeline u be witch
choppers drones Fiber acoustic infrared boundaries,so many options, I'm practically drooling at the chance to test out these tech on so called militants (guy it will only cost money) money dangote has and will spend unlike Nnpc
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by sleekman(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2016
dustydee:

Google is your friend.
yeah it is. It appears it isn't urs. So also is deductive reasoning.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by dustydee: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2016
sleekman:
yeah it is. It appears it isn't urs. So also is deductive reasoning.
I will appreciate if you can show me any document or information that suggests Sanusi owns Black Rhino.
Someone being made the chief executive of an organisation does not necessarily mean he owns that organisation.
Re: Black Rhino, Dangote Conclude Plans To Invest $10bn In Kano, South East IPP by Adminisher: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
engineerjimmy:
So sanusi black rhino group will contribute 5billion dollars too,how do they come up with that kind of money,hehe

Black Rhino may be a mutual fund owned or invested in by rich Nigerians who have stolen our money.

It is very stupid to expect militant attacks will affect projects whose gas supply has been risk analysed and scenarioed with a mix of onshore and offshore gas components. Nigeria's largest pipelines are hidden deep offshore on the high seas. Even if you had the resources to try your boats are quite likely to be vaporized by thermobaric HE shells fired by the Nigerian Navy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months / Top Business Loactaions In Lagos| Cotenant.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.