Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Day I Did My First Menial Job - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day I Did My First Menial Job (849 Views)

The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) / The Day I Lost My Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Did My First Menial Job by liohan: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
EPISODE 1

'NDDC project site how much?' I asked the bike rider
'50 Naira'
I hopped on the bike and was ready to go for the job at one of the project site. That day I was well prepared for the job, making sure everything was done right. I even took eba along with me so I don't fall from the top of a building due to hungry. You wan try Naija boi.
When I got to the site I saw people, lots of people at the project site. I was forced to move backward a bit to know if I was not in a refugee camp. I quickly went to one of the recruiters, told him I'd like to work and I was accepted for that day.
Meanwhile I saw people changing their clothes behind any barriers they saw. I quickly did the same and went to work. I was assigned to work under one man. This man ehn, the way he squeezed his face be like 'mehn e no go beta'. I, on my own was angry that I was attached to this kind of junkie.
Work started and everyone was working but I noticed that no one was even talking to each other, it was as if all of them lost their parents that day. Mehn dem no dey even laugh sef.
I was looking everywhere without doing any serious work, the guy I was working with knew that but he doesn't want to disturb me since I was still new there. I saw one girl hawking water below and I payed attention to her. Before I realized what I had done, I was holding a piece of Bros squeeze face shirt. The pliers I was holding did it not ME .
'You dey craze? Wetin you dey look?' he snapped
I opened my mouth but words could not come out. Everybody were watching me. 'Which kind boy be this one' I could hear some say. Just then one guy who was working with a hammer hit his hand as he was looking at me.
'Ouch' he screamed and threw the hammer away
'Sorry oh' I could hear people saying. Me, I was laughing inside my mind
'Mama Basira' someone said 'give him ice block'
'Put your hands inside the block'
'Just calm down. It will be okay'
'Foreman oh' someone called out.
Before you could even say jack everyone was working again
'Young man what's wrong? Why are you not working' the foreman asked
'I wound my hand' the carpenter said with an uncultured Osogbo accent
'Let me see'
'The wound big well well eyoh'
'Okay you can rest for some minutes. Don't forget to return back to work in 30 minutes time'
'Yes sah!'
After some time the guy returned up. I knew he had forgotten something but I kept quiet. I was still laughing inside. The guy started searching and he remembered. So he came down and starts looking for the hammer he had thrown away

EPISODE 2 loading......
Re: The Day I Did My First Menial Job by joanee20(f): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
waiting
Re: The Day I Did My First Menial Job by liohan: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Mod don ban the post oh!
joanee20:
waiting
Re: The Day I Did My First Menial Job by joanee20(f): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
liohan:
Mod don ban the post oh!
Na wa o..

(1) (Reply)

I Am Zara Sanusi And This Is My Life(2) / My Wedding Night(episode 12) / Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.