Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Never Always Completely Rely On Google. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Never Always Completely Rely On Google. (21289 Views)

Should You Rely On Social Media Or Text Messages During Crisis? / Can Forever Aloe Vera Gel Completely Cure Peptic Ulcer / Meningitis Outbreak: Bisi Alimi Tells Nigerians Not To Rely On Holy Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Dottore: 8:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Which search engine do we rely on then, Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Never ever search for your new idea on Google...immediately you type it in, the boys at Google have started working on it angry
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by abumeinben(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
grin
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Justicealh3(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
How do I make MONEY on Google
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Yustab(m): 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
shamecurls:
That why I prefer glasses. Google weighs down my eyes. Can only use it for welding
how this one take concern glasses na.SMH
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by tslimpez(f): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Am so guilty of this. I visit google for remedies.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by daniska3yaro(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Google is just a search engine and does not in itself provide answers to queries. It rather provides pages that may likely contain answers to searches by matching keywords.

Can Google be trusted? Yes, because it performs it's primary functions repeatedly with failure.

The Op should rather address the issue of evaluating sources of information. Google provides you with websites that contain your search keywords, it is left for the user to analyse the websites and decide of the information provided can be trusted.

This is the first lesson you are taught, when you enroll in any school in England

5 Likes

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by martineinstein(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
Google is a company that sells u as their product.. They write softwares that extract your information, so as to sell them to companies for advert.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by liz4eno(f): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
shamecurls:
That why I prefer glasses. Google weighs down my eyes. Can only use it for welding
U r so annoyingly funny...lolxzzz
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by shotgun22(m): 8:29am On Mar 08, 2016
this post is messed up! Google is only a search engine. is never responsible for articles online. Knowledge is power when applied. but you should be able to use wisdom to know whatvis right and wrong.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 08, 2016
the creater of the post is uneducated. google is just a search engine not a omniknowledge database. all or most of the informations it gives aint hosted on d site. wikipedia wld rada b held responsible for any info cos the infos r hosted on its site than.google which only crawls d web for info. base on ur search enquiries albeit how stupid it can be at times. so dont blame google.

1 Like

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by frugal(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2016
Linda is an idiot.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by DaBullIT(m): 8:43am On Mar 08, 2016
I trust google more than. Nigerian doctors
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by OneNigeria1960(f): 8:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
Even due I did not read long I understood that she did a wrong research

Reading articles sometimes help to strengthen your writing/speaking skills.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by braine(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2016
This post is speaking to me. I need to stop depending so much on the internet.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:56am On Mar 08, 2016
Google is an index. It has no content of its own.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" would be more apt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by nenergy(m): 9:01am On Mar 08, 2016
mctifey:
Mtcheww, Google is just a search engine that gets information from other websites via the heading and body of the Web page, it's not an answering machine, you're now blaming Google for not answering questions correctly

Why should you ever rely on it anyway?
You're wise!
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by vislabraye(m): 9:07am On Mar 08, 2016
Google is not the problem. Always go to the hospital. I once had malaria which seemed to be drug resistant. It gave me symptoms similar to HIV. Quick quick I go do test.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by sundayslim(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2016
I disagree with you OP. Information is priceless, however, what you do with it is entirely up to you.

1 Like

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by olatpic(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Igodometusalah: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by kachnov(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2016
Cool ...visit my signature
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by thorbar(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Dont dull...Google is d real deal
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by amagunnerfan: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2016
Reminds me of when I thought I had throat cancer because of Google. I simply took solace in the fact that my wife was pregnant and would have a replace.

Only to discover two idiots who were squatting with me have been smoking hemp which I have strong allergy to. The odour wasn't much but it already messed up the air for me.

I died many times in the 3 months I was coughing.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Ameboperoo(m): 9:43am On Mar 08, 2016
winkmart:
[size=14pt]Google is one of the best things that have happened to humanity[/size]

I once forgot my glo number and I typed Agunbiade Sanya Glo number, google brought it out.

Yes, I inputed it on a site, but it saved me from the embarrassment of forgetting ur own number.

Google is still the best and has saved many lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by persius555(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2016
Google has done more good than harm. Op, is just being silly for believing that everything written on google search engine is originally google.
I use google only when it suits the situation and not a matter of health.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Chalatanace(m): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2016
OP, as if you never used Google to do your assignments
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by tunnyl(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2016
mctifey:
Mtcheww, Google is just a search engine that gets information from other websites via the heading and body of the Web page, it's not an answering machine, you're now blaming Google for not answering questions correctly

Gbam!!! angry
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by kaylivin(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2016
mctifey:

thank u ooo .. I was wondering what the writer was talking about in the first place ...
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by ify84(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2016
Even some physical doctors don't know right diagnosis.... Not only Google.
Re: Never Always Completely Rely On Google. by Tellemall: 10:44am On Mar 08, 2016
shamecurls:

There's a huge difference between the word Google and the word goggles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Great Protein Sources That Aren't Meat / 5 Types Of People You Are Likely To Meet At A Lagos Gym / Wiping Back-to-front Introduces Bacteria From Anus To Vagina —researcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.