Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos (6808 Views)

"Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by 2sexycom(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
I call them fools for their stupidity and it will continue to haunt them.

I don't know how these two regions can be so blind for decades thinking they are each other's enemy whereas the enemy has always been the NORTH.

Have you ever seen Northerner create threads to insult one another? Do you think they don't exist as much as other tribes on here? That's the typical nature of people of the North. The North is the MOST united region in Nigeria and you can take that to the bank. Anywhere you find these guys in a land not theirs, one thing you will notice is the BROTHERHOOD as they move around in group, share food together, back one another. I don't know of any tribe in Nigeria where speaking their dialect will give you an easy pass, but the North.

I will give an example. Several years ago my brother was moving with some friends and they were picked by the police and they were arrested. One of the police on duty was a Benin man. My brother told me he spoke Bini but the police pretended not to understand.

My friend told me how he got admission into Petroleum Training Institute was by approaching a Northerner and speaking hausa requesting for help when the admission list came out and his name wasn't among the first batch. He got the admission there after. You might say it's a lie. The Mile 12 saga further proved this wherein it was reported that 2 men could have been killed IF not that they spoke hausa. Is this obtainable in any other tribe? I doubt it.

Day in Day Out, you fools come on here to insult one another while the Northerners are closing ranks on the frontiers of domination.

Someone created a thread Yesterday to adress possible solution to the Hausa/Fulani menace, as usual, the fools couldn't hide their stupidity and turned the thread into a Yoruba Vs Igbo battle ground.

19 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ElDaIllest(m): 7:58am On Mar 08, 2016
undecided Yoruba niqqur,why can you guys not go to "war" alone,always looking for an ally,are you guys America? undecided...
I've never heard when North and south clash and y'all come to the rescue, now this little demonstration by your ex-allies have made y'all creep out of your hole and start running helter skelter for an ally, this is your fight not ours,well the matter has died down,the dust have settled,no need reopening closed wounds...good luck

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by kingzizzy: 8:07am On Mar 08, 2016
Who told you the North is common enemy? Let's not fool ourselves here. We Igbos know how the Yorubas have colluded with the North to to undermine Igbo interests since 1966 to date. We also know that should push come to shove, the Yorubas will run into the arms of the northerners to continue their political subjugation of Nigeria. The Igbos and Yorubas at each other's throat is only natural, we don't like each other

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by 2sexycom(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2016
kingzizzy:
Who told you the North is common enemy? Let's not fool ourselves here. We Igbos know how the Yorubas have colluded with the North to to undermine Igbo interests since 1966 to date. We also know that should push come to shove, the Yorubas will run into the arms of the northerners to continue their political subjugation of Nigeria. The Igbos and Yorubas at each other's throat is only natural, we don't like each other
you have started again. When will you people ever grow a grey matter?

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 08, 2016
YORUBAS ARE THE ENEMIES PERIOD!
I HAVE NEVER HD ANY PROBLEM WITH AN HAUSA MAN IN MY LIFE!
BUT YORUBA PPLE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO QUARREL ME

8 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Ejanla07: 8:33am On Mar 08, 2016
This can't fly.

The two tribes don't like each other.

Igbo can't trust yoruba.
Vice versa

6 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by absoluteSuccess: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2016
ElDaIllest:
undecided Yoruba niqqur,why can you guys not go to "war" alone,always looking for an ally,are you guys America? undecided...
I've never heard when North and south clash and y'all come to the rescue, now this little demonstration by your ex-allies have made y'all creep out of your hole and start running helter skelter for an ally, this is your fight not ours,well the matter has died down,the dust have settled,no need reopening closed wounds...good luck

The bane of Yoruba people is all that they love to relate with everyone, but Igbo don't want to, on the other hand, Hausa have a religious mandate that only want her propagates and maintain hegemony over the rest.

Yoruba, stop loafing, have a core agenda. If it takes forever to do this, the same will be the end of perennial crises from wicked neighborhood.

Prepare for the spring of boko haram cells here and there once the flock is scattered. By their fruit you shall know them, not by their name though.

Evil finds somewhere to hybernate until needs calls for evil again, secure the motherland, be always at alert and monitor foreign movements,

check unnecessary cluster of strangers in your locality and get their leaders identity registered.

Hire people you know, that speaks your language, help their economy and let go of 'stupidcally' cheap labor.

A dara.

6 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by absoluteSuccess: 8:48am On Mar 08, 2016
tosscash1:
YORUBAS ARE THE ENEMIES PERIOD! I HAVE NEVER HD ANY PROBLEM WITH AN HAUSA MAN IN MY LIFE! BUT YORUBA PPLE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO QUARREL ME
Programming.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2016
2sexycom:
[s]I call them fools for their stupidity and it will continue to haunt them.

I don't know how these two regions can be so blind for decades thinking they are each other's enemy whereas the enemy has always been the NORTH.

Have you ever seen Northerner create threads to insult one another? Do you think they don't exist as much as other tribes on here? That's the typical nature of people of the North. The North is the MOST united region in Nigeria and you can take that to the bank. Anywhere you find these guys in a land not theirs, one thing you will notice is the BROTHERHOOD as they move around in group, share food together, back one another. I don't know of any tribe in Nigeria where speaking their dialect will give you an easy pass, but the North.

I will give an example. Several years ago my brother was moving with some friends and they were picked by the police and they were arrested. One of the police on duty was a Benin man. My brother told me he spoke Bini but the police pretended not to understand.

My friend told me how he got admission into Petroleum Training Institute was by approaching a Northerner and speaking hausa requesting for help when the admission list came out and his name wasn't among the first batch. He got the admission there after. You might say it's a lie. The Mile 12 saga further proved this wherein it was reported that 2 men could have been killed IF not that they spoke hausa. Is this obtainable in any other tribe? I doubt it.

Day in Day Out, you fools come on here to insult one another while the Northerners are closing ranks on the frontiers of domination.

Someone created a thread Yesterday to adress possible solution to the Hausa/Fulani menace, as usual, the fools couldn't hide their stupidity and turned the thread into a Yoruba Vs Igbo battle ground[/s].

Yoruba is the **** one not Igbo. Igbo has been warning yoruba of Hausa-Fulani since 1967.

15 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ElDaIllest(m): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

The bane of Yoruba people is all that they love to relate with everyone, but Igbo don't want to, on the other hand, Hausa have a religious mandate that only want her propagates and maintain hegemony over the rest.

Yoruba, stop loafing, have a core agenda. If it takes forever to do this, the same will be the end of perennial crises from wicked neighborhood.

Prepare for the spring of boko haram cells here once the flock is scattered. By their fruit you shall know them, not by their name though.
I'm not saying the entire Yorubas are bad shape but your untouchable godfathers and "sacred cows" are the pivots in all this maelstrom,I know there are good ones amongst you but an average Igbo man is very calculative,he wouldn't ride out with a fella that he know will still stab him in the back after the fought side by side bro,you guys are notorious for that...heard stories of how Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu,so check it now,if na you nko??

8 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by 2sexycom(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2016
[size=28pt]AND THE BLAME GAME CONTINUES... OH, I WEEP cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

5 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2016
Another tribe bashing thread...OP...clap for yourself
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Ovamboland(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Yoruba is the foolish one not Igbo. Igbo has been warning yoruba of Hausa-Fulani since 1967.

One way of warning was to align with the North in 1960 and collect almost all positions meant for the south, and then repeated the same in 1979. And some of you guys have the heart to talk of been betrayed?

4 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:07am On Mar 08, 2016
Yorubas need Igbos badly

Can't you cowards stand on your own two feet for once?

10 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by realjoker(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2016
kingzizzy:
lol...no b only undermine na uppermine, the earlier u lots started taking responsibilty for ur failed region and stop pushing blames to external factor just to massage ur deluded ego of better than others which is nothing but falancy is when u wil ever knw peace.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Ovamboland(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2016
ElDaIllest:
I'm not saying the entire Yorubas are bad shape but your untouchable godfathers and "sacred cows" are the pivots in all this maelstrom,I know there are good ones amongst you but an average Igbo man is very calculative,he wouldn't ride out with a fella that he know will still stab him in the back after the fought side by side bro,you guys are notorious for that...heard stories of how Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu,so check it now,if na you nko??

I said it above, the phantom betrayal crowd has arrived. Ojukwu did not betray Awolowo by declaring a new republic when he was advised not do it?
Ojukwu had control of armed battalions with aircraft at his beck and call, Awolowo probably has access to cutlass, hoe and rake used to clean his garden and you expect him to declare a republic? I don't know what you guys use to reason.

5 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by realjoker(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
Yorubas need Igbos badly

Can't you cowards stand on your own two feet for once?
who want to allign with the ibos?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2016
Ovamboland:

One way of warning was to align with the North in 1960 and collect almost all positions meant for the south, and then repeated the same in 1979. And some of you guys have the heart to talk of been betrayed?

Shattap there. Is Igbo your mate? Are you aware Igbo is a superior race listed only in the same place as Germans, Jews, Chinese and Japanese? When colonial whites arrived present-day Nigeria, they described Igbos are civilized and yoruba as barbaric. When whites left Nigeria after independence, Igbos assumed most of the positions in government and private sector...ON MERIT; this what was gave birth to the hate on Igbos! The problem with yoruba is envy...they envy Igbos so much...your comment explains that. Yorubas compete with Igbos BUT IGBOS COMPETE AMONGST THEMSELVES ONLY.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ElDaIllest(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Ovamboland:

I said it above, the phantom betrayal crowd has arrived. Ojukwu did not betray Awolowo by declaring a new republic when he was advised not do it?
Ojukwu had control of armed battalions with aircraft at his beck and call, Awolowo probably has access to cutlass, hoe and rake used to clean his garden and you expect him to declare a republic? I don't know what you guys use to reason.
I said I heard stories niqqur,na so oo,well I no dey vex sha grin but we both know both our tribes got trust issues way back, before any of us here was born,abi?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ShegeYorubawa: 9:42am On Mar 08, 2016
Wait wait wait, let me get this right. You want Igbos to go beg yorubas to be their ally? The last Igbos tried reasoning with yoruba, they lost 3 millon people, so it is the yorubas who need to redeem themselves in the eyes of the Easterners and not vice versa. The east have been toughened to do things themselves, and if you are proven to be trustworthy, they will trust you with their lives, can we yorubas be trusted? Nope!

It is yorubas that should cajole, appeal and entice the Igbos by making restitution and showing to be trustworthy, not be mouth but by deeds. If they are too big to do that, then Igbos have nothing to lose and are not obligated to seek political unity with people who cost them millions of lives, it negates common sense to do so again and i understand them. Yoruba should bear the pangs of pains with hausa/fulani without complaint if they can not make restitution and seek East-West alliance against the hausa and fulanis. God help us all!

10 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ShegeYorubawa: 9:44am On Mar 08, 2016
realjoker:
who want to allign with the ibos?

there they go again, we need Igbos more than they need us. They've been toughened enough.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by seunny4lif(m): 9:46am On Mar 08, 2016
Una don start again grin
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by obailala(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2016
tosscash1:
YORUBAS ARE THE ENEMIES PERIOD!
I HAVE NEVER HD ANY PROBLEM WITH AN HAUSA MAN IN MY LIFE!
BUT YORUBA PPLE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A WAY TO QUARREL ME
At the slightest provocation or even non-provocation, hausa almajiris slaughter Igbos in the north. Never in my life have I heard of Igbos or Yorubas killing themselves; all we hear of are cat and dog quarrels and online fights like 2 silly wives married to the same chief.

In view of the above, for any Igbo (/Yoruba) man to actually think that Yorubas (/Igbos) are his problem and not the north, such a reasoning is the exact foolishness which the Op is trying to point out.

4 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by realjoker(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2016
ShegeYorubawa:

there they go again, we need Igbos more than they need us. They've been toughened enough.
lol..how? Explain.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by realjoker(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Shattap there. Is Igbo your mate? Are you aware Igbo is a superior race listed only in the same place as Germans, Jews, Chinese and Japanese? When colonial whites arrived present-day Nigeria, they described Igbos are civilized and yoruba as barbaric. When whites left Nigeria after independence, Igbos assumed most of the positions in government and private sector...ON MERIT; this what was gave birth to the hate on Igbos! The problem with yoruba is envy...they envy Igbos so much...your comment explains that. Yorubas compete with Igbos BUT IGBOS COMPETE AMONGST THEMSELVES ONLY.
lol.,. Keep on halucinating, no b only german and chiness and jews na with gods and angels.. Abeg stop this joke madness, b4 u kill sum1 with laughter. Na only God knw where una get this ur deluded believe frm, am sure u hav never step out of ur hamlet in ur life.

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by StOla: 10:19am On Mar 08, 2016
Ovamboland:

They still regret that their plan to have the civil war fought in the West and MidWest backfired.

Since Ojukwu believed he had the greatest army of the black race, I still do not know why they needed Yorubas to support his suicide mission.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by StOla: 10:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Ovamboland:

They only talk of betrayal when they are not aligned with the existing power equation.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by flokii: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2016
Another useless thread... na by force to romance yeebos politically ni?

we have different geo-political zones and can choose whoever we want to play politics with..

and for those calling yorubas cowards, try to watch d clip where Ahmadu Bello described yeebos... enof. said

3 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2016
ShegeYorubawa:

The most shameful thing is hiding behind a moniker to claim what you are not. You are not even proud of your iboe tribe, what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2016
flokii:
Another useless thread... na by force to romance yeebos politically ni?

we have different geo-political zones and can choose whoever we want to play politics with..

and for those calling yorubas cowards, try to watch d clip where Ahmadu Bello described yeebos... enof. said

I tire o. They are yet to find solutions to the killings in Enugu and Ebonyi but the op is creating thread to stylishly start another e-war. Yorubas have no friends in Nigeria, and thats the fact.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2016
Knowledge9000:

This one must be one of those gullible followers of Pastor King. Lies and Ibos are siamese twins. What a shame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North, South West, Nigeria’s Major Problem —musa / Nazeef Babaji Wins Nnpp Candidate For Shira/giade Federal Constituency In Bauch / Breaking:court Compels INEC To Include Bayelsa Units In Supplementary Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.