Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? (10786 Views)

Nipost Adopts 3 Word Addresses / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me / Is NIPOST Cheating Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by berildan(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
Someone recently sent a parcel through a postal service company abroad. All was well until it reached Nigeria and was handed over to NIPOST. The recipient then sent the sender a message that someone was asking for compensation for paying customs fees for the parcel and that he should make a payment to them for over 10k. The parcel is slightly above 5kg and has since reached the recipient's location in Nigeria. However they're asking for customs fees to be paid to their personal accounts (this is what makes me skeptical. Whatever happened to official Customs' account numbers?) before the recipient can take delivery of the parcel.

Do you guys think this is normal?
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by tope24(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2016
it is illegal for NIPOST official to demand money to retrieve a sent package. It is no news that NIPOST officials demand for money before a package, most especially parcel (gadgets and so on) is released to the owner. They mostly feel the package is as a result of illegal online transaction. Do not, i repeat DO NOT pay them any money as the sender has been charged for everything that is involved in sending a package.

9 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by berildan(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
UPDATE
First I should say I am very surprised and thankful for the fact that so many people here feel the injustice in this case. I appreciate the concern and support people here have provided.
So I thought to update the house on a recent development as regards the parcel. An authority from another branch in the same state was contacted and action is being taken tomorrow to find out which officials are involved and to ensure the parcel is in order. No information has been posted about the officials yet, as it is a sensitive scenario because they are still in custody of the parcel. After tomorrow more information will be disclosed if there is still no progress.

I remain thankful for all the support shown. I believe Nigeria can advance faster if we are able to stand up against injustices/vices like this every time they arise on different fronts. Thanks people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by berildan(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
tope24:
it is illegal for NIPOST official to demand money to retrieve a sent package. It is no news that NIPOST officials demand for money before a package, most especially parcel (gadgets and so on) is released to the owner. They mostly feel the package is as a result of illegal online transaction. Do not, i repeat DO NOT pay them any money as the sender has been charged for everything that is involved in sending a package.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. What do you suggest? All attempts to reach NIPOST customer service to probe the case have been abortive, none of the NIPOST phone numbers were reachable. The recipient even has so much evidence against the NIPOST officials in question. The so-called NIPOST official in custody of the package even provided their name, account number and phone number and asked for an extravagant payment to be made before the parcel is sent (even more than the cost of the parcel postage). So it's a matter of calling in necessary authorities but it's proving abortive so far.

Any ideas of how to reach a trustworthy NIPOST official would be helpful. Its very disappointing that things like this never cease to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by uboma(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
berildan:

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. What do you suggest? All attempts to reach NIPOST customer service to probe the case have been abortive, none of the NIPOST phone numbers were reachable. The recipient even has so much evidence against the NIPOST officials in question. The so-called NIPOST official in custody of the package even provided their name, account number and phone number and asked for an extravagant payment to be made before the parcel is sent (even more than the cost of the parcel postage). So it's a matter of calling in necessary authorities but it's proving abortive so far.

Any ideas of how to reach a trustworthy NIPOST official would be helpful. Its very disappointing that things like this never cease to happen.

Sometime ago, a member of this forum raised a complaint against NIPOST here and his issue was resolved.

Please advise the recipient to do same here or on their facebook page (if NIPOST has any). There is power in social media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
NIPOST is the 3rd most useless institution in Nigeria after NITEL & Nigerian Airways.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
May be
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by macino1(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
See wahala
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by initialize(m): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
Is the package with Nipost or EMS?

EMS usually ask for customs and handling charges which they will issue a receipt after the money is paid. I paid them cash at the PO and not to an individual account.

If the package is with Nipost, Nipost will only demand for handling charges, though unofficial it has become a norm and it usually does not exceed #1,000.

That 10k own na him i no know o!

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by yomalex(m): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Femston: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
NIPOST still dey exist? i lafff

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by englishmart(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
wetin you wan use nipost do sir?

5 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Flexherbal(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
It is illegal. There are bad eggs everywhere. When ever I send my herbal tea to any customer through NIPOST, I normal pay all the charges at the point on sending. You don't need to pay as the receiver.
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by colossus2: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
I just hope its not one of those scammers on BBM that claim to love you, and then send you some imaginary gadgets for you to go claim it.
Care to tell us if you know that someone personally?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by bengems(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
Unregistered parcels always have a small payment for clearance unlike registered parcels here in Lagos. would you mind share your location
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by ifyalways(f): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
I hope it's not scammers and their imaginary "gifts" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Princenady(m): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
i dont know what to say here than to conduct polls..click "like" if u think d NIPOST guys are scammers and d op shouldnt pay. click "share" if u think he should pay to settle boys...op can make his decision from d results
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by VocalWalls: 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
undecided

We have all collectively paid and are still paying nipost duties through our bank deposits and the BUHARI deductions.

The guy making a customs 'clearance' claim is a fraud. Tell him to send the account number and name... When you get the name... Threaten to report him to servicom... He'll release the package like it's a disease.

Record the calls... Upload it... And send him the download link...

Then threaten him to pay you for the frustrations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by EazyMoh(m): 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
berildan:

Na so dem dey do useless people!
All this federal parastatals are epitome of corruption.
Last week I went for international passport after checking the official fee online to be 15k I proceeded to their office only for them to demand 25k blatantly.
I hope there is a way for you to retrieve your package without 'settling' them, because they have a way of frustrating people. They might tell you the package has been misplaced and they can't find it. All you can do is shout.
God help us!
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by GodMode: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
K
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by buoye1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
Very illegal and I'm sure the company knows nothing about it...

Try meeting a higher ranked person and explain yourself
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by VocalWalls: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
GodMode:

Next time use dhl.

Then who will fix nipost?

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by folks4luv(f): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
issues like this make me lose hope in this country. sorry OP, can't help u. but I no u may b able to get some help through the social media
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by 9jatatafo(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
I have some questions for the OP

1. Did anyone you know called you about sending you any parcel?

2. Did you buy anything online and you are expecting it?

If your answer is no then I smell fraud

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by annnikky(f): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
I paid them for each parcel. from #500 up
after d prsn that sent it might've paid them, wen d parcel come down to Nigeria u'll still pay them again. is that not corruption.
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2016

are you protecting them or what ?

IF YOU WANT QUICK SOLUTION

post the account name , account number and phone number here , and see if your parcel will not be release within 24hours

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by beautyerhu86(f): 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
EazyMoh:

Na so dem dey do useless people!
All this federal parastatals are epitome of corruption.
Last week I went for international passport after checking the official fee online to be 15k I proceeded to their office only for them to demand 25k blatantly.
I hope there is a way for you to retrieve your package without 'settling' them, because they have a way of frustrating people. They might tell you the package has been misplaced and they can't find it. All you can do is shout.
God help us!

I paid 30k for mine in december 2014
Re: Is NIPOST Trying To Defraud Him? by EazyMoh(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
beautyerhu86:

I paid 30k for mine in december 2014
Shiooor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Shipping Link: Nigeria Loses 1.4 Mt Coal Export To Ghana / Opportunities In Foodstuff Export For Nigerians; Get Genuine Buyers Abroad / How To Make A Decent Income Writing For Clients On Linkedin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.