Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried (5980 Views)

Please Help; I'm Too Shy / I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by sammyscholar(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
Baiysam:

Bro, i knw what am saying they neva sponsored my exams, the skill i learnt is nt by their making?
I started paying my school fees when I was in JSS2. I put in for vocational skill (plumbing) after I concluded my secondary school education, and thereafter, I proceeded to tertiary institution.

I didn't make my o'level result at first sitting. So, to raise money for my exams during my training, I saved #50 everyday, and sometimes, for two or three days, I would skip training to go and work with bricklayers so I can get money to complement my savings and procure GCE form. I did that repeatedly till I was able to make my o'level in 2008.

I did four o'level examinations and four JAMB exams (UTME & PCE) and most of all these I did during my apprentichip. It got to a stage that my immediate younger brother told me to jettison the idea of going to school but I never let that discourage me. I persevered till I made my results and gained admission. My parents had nothing to give me too, and sometimes, they wouldn't ask me about my exams. It was not because they didn't care; but because they were ashamed to see their son trying to further his education and they had nothing to give.

My brother who had told me to jettison the idea of furthering my education was to learn welding after his secondary education and hang the boot. But I procured Gce form for him while he was in SSS2 and he made all his subjects. And today, he is a final year student, studying accounting in one of the repute tertiary institutions in Nigeria. And it is needless I say that we are graduating together this year.

Now where I'm driving at. My dad now boast amidst his friends that he has two sons who are becoming graduates this year. They praise him and give him accolade. I'm so happy they do.

So my brother, I put it to you again. Don't blame your parents. Even if they have and they are not ready to support. You can still see yourself through school with your skill. I can relate with your story and I can tell you that it is not worth blaming your parents for.
It is only meant to make you strong.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by Engineermbugame(m): 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
sammyscholar:
I started paying my school fees when I was in JSS2. I put in for vocational skill (plumbing) after I concluded my secondary school education, and thereafter, I proceeded to tertiary institution.

I didn't make my o'level result at first sitting. So, to raise money for my exams during my training, I saved #50 everyday, and sometimes, for two or three days, I would skip training to go and work with bricklayers so I can get money to complement my savings and procure GCE form. I did that repeatedly till I was able to make my o'level in 2008.

I did four o'level examinations and four matriculation (UTME & PCE) and most of all these I did during my apprentichip. It got to a stage that my immediate younger brother told me to jettison the idea of going to school but I never let that discourage me. I persevered till I made my results and gained admission. My parents had nothing to give me too, and sometimes, they wouldn't ask me about my exams. It was not because they didn't care; but because they were ashamed to see their son trying to further his education and they had nothing to give.

My brother who had told me to jettison the idea of furthering my education was to learn welding after his secondary education and hang the boot. But I procured Gce form for him while he was in SSS2 and he made all his subjects. And today, he is a final year student, studying accounting in one of the repute tertiary institutions in Nigeria. And it is needless I say that we are graduating together this year.

Now where I'm driving at. My dad now boast amidst his friends that he has two sons who are becoming graduates this year. They praise him and give him accolade. I'm so happy they do.

So my brother, I put it to you again. Don't blame your parents. Even if they have and they are not ready to support. You can still see yourself through school with your skill. I can relate with your story and I can tell you that it is not worth blaming your parents for.
It is only meant to make you strong.

Cheers!
bro,were in dsame shoe.were are u schooling?pm m let chat
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by Saladin25(m): 1:15am On Mar 11, 2016
Baiysam:
Pls i need your advice i'm worried and frustrated i finished sec. school far back as 2010 i was among the brainy ones. Nobody to assist me after 3yrs i gathered money to register for waec 2013 but they cancelled the centre, which i took gce 2014 i also took jamb which i failed woefully. In 2015 i register and i scored 234 to study Economics in OAU, i sat for their putme 210 but i wasnt offered admission all my colleagues are in final year. My parent are making life a living hell for me. Among my peers is guy which we had the jamb score has been offerend admission to UI. Anytime i see him i dodge I dnt go out anymore i stay indoors all through. im currently devastated and confused, neither eat i think althrough. Pls i need ur urgently before something odd happens. Pls mods push it to FP i need a reasonable advice ASAP!
If I should tell you my story you will marvel. I passed out from secondary in 2005. That year, some of my secondary schoolmate got admission into university. I opted for college of education in 2007, finished my NCE program in 2010, sat down for UTME same year, got admission into the university. Most of my secondary schoolmate had graduated/serving by the time I got admission into the university, but I never felt ashamed of myself. To God be the glory I am a graduate of one of the engineering discipline.

Don't feel inferior, if university doesn't workout try polytechnic or college of education, it will help you and even boost your CV though, it might be time consuming.
Wishing you best of luck. By the end of this year I want you to be in school. God bless you.
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by Aghonghon(f): 9:55am On Mar 12, 2016
Baiysam:

That momment when you notice some of ur colleague for area is missing u dnt bother asking because u dnt want to hear that striking word 'HE HAS GONE TO SCHOOL'
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by ogawisdom(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2016
Baiysam:
Pls i need your advice i'm worried and frustrated i finished sec. school far back as 2010 i was among the brainy ones. Nobody to assist me after 3yrs i gathered money to register for waec 2013 but they cancelled the centre, which i took gce 2014 i also took jamb which i failed woefully. In 2015 i register and i scored 234 to study Economics in OAU, i sat for their putme 210 but i wasnt offered admission all my colleagues are in final year. My parent are making life a living hell for me. Among my peers is guy which we had the jamb score has been offerend admission to UI. Anytime i see him i dodge I dnt go out anymore i stay indoors all through. im currently devastated and confused, neither eat i think althrough. Pls i need ur urgently before something odd happens. Pls mods push it to FP i need a reasonable advice ASAP!

Stop wasting your time go for IJMB, most of ur age mates r in final yr or in nysc
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by Baiysam(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
ogawisdom:

Stop wasting your time go for IJMB, most of ur age mates r in final yr or in nysc

Tanks, i just heard about jupeb in oau is advisable?
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by samson12173: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
if u write jamb dis year I can help u get admission unto uni and there are poly dat dont use jamb for more whatapp or call 08154493542
Re: I'm 22yrs Old I've Stayed 6yrs At Home, Help!! I'm Worried by Baiysam(m): 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
samson12173:
if u write jamb dis year I can help u get admission unto uni and there are poly dat dont use jamb for more whatapp or call 08154493542

I will be glad if you full info about Jupeb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University (oau), 2013/2014 Session / I Just Checked My Uniben Post Utme Result And I'm So Happy! / Nairaland Interschool Debate 2013/2014 Report (DROP YOUR COMMENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.