Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? (742 Views)

For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by Ratello: 1:17am On Mar 09, 2016
I may be new here but I find solace in reading brilliant posts from great contributors here as a guest and if I am not mistaken this is the section on Nairaland that sells this esteemed site to the political-conscious youths and old in this Country and even beyond. However, I observed with dismay the sudden disappearance of great contributors here, initially I thought they deactivated their accounts but I got to confirm through a post recently that they are being unjustly slammed A LENGTHY BAN which even deprive them to petition a supermod or even contribute in another section. I thought we have an owner in Seun Osewa and yet this indiscriminate way of punishing erring members is going on under his nose and he is pretending as if all is well.

The Nairaland I used to know then as a guest used to boast of brilliant contributions from the likes of katsumoto, Sincere9gerian, ilugunboy, Duru1, Dede, Tomakint, PointB, Biafranqueen, babyosisi, obiagelli, datolee, chino11, Shymexx, PhyQED, Ngwakwe, and many others I can't remember their monikers. The question is, are the mods dishing out these bans here to destroy the works of this young man, Seun, or they are just carrying out an e-vendetta on their e-foes, to me I see no reason why a ban on these brilliant contributors should exceed 3 days undecided but what I keep hearing is bans lasting 2 weeks which to me is pure MADNESS and totally unnecessary. Oluwaseun Osewa, I ask again, how long can a ban last to be justified?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by semitunde: 1:27am On Mar 09, 2016
Lol. You never jam 2 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by Ratello: 1:30am On Mar 09, 2016
semitunde:
Lol. You never jam 2 yrs.
That means Nairaland is about to become Wasteland.
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 09, 2016
Ratello:
I may be new here but I find solace in reading brilliant posts from great contributors here as a guest and if I am not mistaken this is the section on Nairaland that sells this esteemed site to the political-conscious youths and old in this Country and even beyond. However, I observed with dismay the sudden disappearance of great contributors here, initially I thought they deactivated their accounts but I got to confirm through a post recently that they are being unjustly slammed A LENGTHY BAN which even deprive them to petition a supermod or even contribute in another section. I thought we have an owner in Seun Osewa and yet this indiscriminate way of punishing erring members is going on under his nose and he is pretending as if all is well.

The Nairaland I used to know then as a guest used to boast of brilliant contributions from the likes of katsumoto, Sincere9gerian, ilugunboy, Duru1, Dede, Tomakint, PointB, Biafranqueen, babyosisi, obiagelli, datolee, chino11, Shymexx, PhyQED, Ngwakwe, and many others I can't remember their monikers. The question is, are the mods dishing out these bans here to destroy the works of this young man, Seun, or they are just carrying out an e-vendetta on their e-foes, to me I see no reason why a ban on these brilliant contributors should exceed 3 days undecided but what I keep hearing is bans lasting 2 weeks which to me is pure MADNESS and totally unnecessary. Oluwaseun Osewa, I ask again, how long can a ban last to be justified?

Well observed. Bans that don't have appeal are undemocratic in public sphere. I am an observer now.
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by iamSi(m): 4:40am On Mar 09, 2016
Am afraid opening this thread won't place me under ban , anything can happen in Nigeria. Everyone is a potential threat, Maybe that's why ...
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by SleekMallam: 4:43am On Mar 09, 2016
An APC MOD is behind it all. banning people till 2089 is banning nairaland into oblivion. seun sanctioned it as a result of his silence in these matter. He probably has too much money now.
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by hollywater: 4:48am On Mar 09, 2016
Welcome to nairaland bro.
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by LordMecuzy(m): 4:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Obey the rules of nairaland that's all..
I fully support the MODs on this noble path
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by Omexonomy: 4:53am On Mar 09, 2016
Ratello:

That means Nairaland is about to become Wasteland.
their was a time my other user name was ban for 99 years by afam4eva and i decided to open moro and move on

1 Like

Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by eleojo23: 4:57am On Mar 09, 2016
Most people who get lengthy bans are trolls who cause trouble. I guess the reason for banning them for 3 decades or more is to keep them in check.
When such a person see 'banned till 2080' on his profile, he will become sober. grin
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by eleojo23: 5:00am On Mar 09, 2016
Omexonomy:
their was a time my other user name was ban for 99 years by afam4eva and i decided to open moro and move on
99 years?! grin
That is a life ban! Mods una well done o!
But talk true, what was your offence?
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by gbaskiboy: 5:06am On Mar 09, 2016
Every game has its established rules, if not followed you'll be defaulted, likewise is the nairaland. Before you create a topic, make comments or even quotes others you are to choose your words appropriately to avoid e-war. Nairaland is a forum established to educate both socially, mentally and in some cases morally. However, some members take the advantage to promotes religion and ethnic bigotry. However, to bring sanity and order moderators has to place ban on any one found wanton. My opinion though
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by gbaskiboy: 5:07am On Mar 09, 2016
iamSi:
Am afraid opening this thread won't place me under ban , anything can happen in Nigeria. Everyone is a potential threat, Maybe that's why ...
angel michael, is watching ur post grin
Re: Dear Mods: How Long Can A Ban Last To Be Justified? by Mynd44: 5:56am On Mar 09, 2016
20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately.

(1)

How Corruption Is Different From Stealing, By ICPC Boss / Budget: How Do I Access N5000 / David Mark Celebrates Birthday With Agatu Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.