Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens (29446 Views)

Decomposing Body Recovered From Abuja Collapsed Building - Photo / Police Teargas Protesters At Collapsed Building Site In Abuja / NYSC Member : "Ngozi Oformezie Is Dead" - Owerri Collapsed Building Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by obailala(m): 11:40am On Mar 09, 2016
The problem with Nigeria, and by extension Africa and again by extension, the black man is that when things like this happens, no single person gets punished. All the past collapsed buildings in Lagos alone, how many culprits have ever been sent to prison?....

In the typical religious ways of the black man, the case of the Synagogue disaster which claimed over 100 lives has since been thrown into the dustbin of history. If investigations reveal in this recent case that the management of Lekki Gardens is culpable, I am 99.9% sure no one would still be prosecuted no one would be punished and the blame would be placed on the head of the devil and all his principalities and contrary powers.

The difference between the developed world and the zoo (Africa) is not too difficult to understand, little cases like this explains it all.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:
This is what u get wen u build a house in one week without proper planning all in d name of makin profit, Lekki Gardens will neva be the same after this.

Business don spoil be dat...
You thinks so? I think you are wrong. I have never seen a set of people so easy to exploit and get away with like Nigerians. We don't know what it means to boycott. We are a very forgetful people. We will buy again.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by 4nobody4every1: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2016
The building industry in Nigeria needs to be seriously overhauled, it is full of quacks masquerading as Building Engineers cool
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by henrydadon(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2016
let see how the government responds this issue. it should not be buried like tb josua own...nah only GOD DEY PROTECT US
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2016
The developer is as culpable as the corrupt and broken system that approved the building plan without ensuring that proper safety standards were adhered to.

The building approval process is there for a reason (safety) but instead of using it for its intended purpose corrupt officials will take bribe while overlooking safety standards and in some cases they will show the applicants how to cheat the system. Let's tell ourselves the hard truth, beyond politics our systems need an overhaul.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
If nah so, make una come scatter all these lekki garden estates for Port Harcourt.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by ReabridCharles(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Jfast:
We all understand life but no body can understand death. For those who look down on others, who write on their gates beware of dogs, this house is not for sale, those who shout at others for touching or sitting on their cars, those who rob others, we all must know that death can enter into any place either rich or poor areas. Vanity upon vanity all is vanity. Pls Lets love one another

Prove to me you understand life...
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by cyril700(m): 11:52am On Mar 09, 2016
ournaijablog:
Justice for the victims is all we ask for embarassed
wow this girl wil stil be fine even without this light make up. Like if u concur, share if u don't
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Originalsly: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2016
I'm sure nothing would come out of this.....or if any other of their buildings collapse.The builder is free to use sub standard materials and cut costs.....it is the responsibility of the authorities to inspect and certify the buildings to make sure they are safe for occupation. They failed so they are also to be blamed for the collapse....so why would they prosecute their partner in crime? It's sad.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by donmarshia(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jfast:
We all understand life but no body can understand death. For those who look down on others, who write on their gates beware of dogs, this house is not for sale, those who shout at others for touching or sitting on their cars, those who rob others, we all must know that death can enter into any place either rich or poor areas. Vanity upon vanity all is vanity. Pls Lets love one another. If you want to know about life my promo cd will be out soon just check out JFAST

U are funny o. So make I no write "' this land ain't for sale" make some yahoo boys come sell my land. Make I no write beware of Dogs"" make armed robbers enter house strolling.

Meanwhile, I agree with loving one another.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Tpave(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
I knew it will happen one day. Lekki garden as far as Lagos is concerned has compromised with the standard set for building. There is no day you'll go their estates without seeing artisans/workers doing one maintenance or the other just to keep the house in shape for the unsuspecting or prospective buyers.
Their contractors use substandard materials for the projects.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by babestella: 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is the result of using expired cement, inadequate quantity of materials and poorly manufactured Iron rods. Rip to the dead. Lekki Gardens should be prosecuted.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Dhotseal(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
hezy4real01:
Lekki gardens na Heaven.....? Not until Nigerians stop living fake lives we will kip facing this.....

Sorry dude, but what is your point exactly?
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Dhotseal(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Elijahrona2:
Big building can collapse anytime. I've never seen a face me i face you building that has collapsed before. Face me I face you buildings are actually made from standard materials unlike these big buildings that people just rush to complete.

Defective logic from a depraved mind!
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
My condolences in advance goes to those who have earlier subscribed to Lekki Gardens and who have made their purchase
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by SylarsMcQuins: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You thinks so? I think you are wrong. I have never seen a set of people so easy to exploit and get away with like Nigerians. We don't know what it means to boycott. We are a very forgetful people. We will buy again.

Lol, in oda words Nigerians no get sense be dat.

1 Like

Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by doctorgold(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
ademoladeji:
We don't need to wait for disaster to happen before we fight irregularities.

The rate at which inferior structures are built is becoming alarming.

Accident don't just occur, they are caused.

FG should give COREN that autonomy to ensure all engineering is practiced to Internationally accepted standard
if you ask me, no amount of autonomy will stop building collapse in lagos especially. it appears every Nigerian is generically wired to be corrupt and cut corners. we have so many agencies already whose job is to control development and ensure standards. I worked on a site in 2010 in Lekki phase one. men of the lagos state materials testing laboratory threatened to close down the site if we don't pay for non destructive tests. we paid, they came to conduct tests, till date, we have not got the result. every of these agencies are out to enrich their members of staff. what happened to Lagos state building control agency. ?
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by DeDonola: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
Who are we to blame? The owner of the properity OR the contractor?
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lekki gardens constructions have always been tacky and shabby and below building regulations. In his attempt to give cheap housing he has murdered construction.

#riptolekkigardens
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by harsysky(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
lalasticlala:
Nigerians blast Lekki gardens after a collapsed building killed 18 people

Nigerians have taken to social media to slam popular real estate company, Lekki Gardens after a five storey building collapsed in Ikate Elegushi area of Lagos, killed 18 persons among whom was a woman and her three-year-old child.

Read Tweets below...
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/03/nigerians-blast-lekki-gardens-after.html?m=1

Lagos buildings ehh. Imagine using my fist to hammer a nail when I went to my sister's place. More houses will fall; it's not my prayer, but it will happen cos it is same as taking poison and expecting you shouldn't die.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by diva90: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
I thought it was said that the collapse occurred at chisco bustop, now I'm hearing lekki gardens undecided
Really unfortunate event
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by kingthreat(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
The house I reside in Ikeja is built with sub-standard materials too. It's a 2-storey building. I have nowhere to move to for now.God help us ooo
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dhotseal:

Defective logic from a depraved mind!

OK. Sori no vex
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by juman(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Just five storey building, they could not get it right.

Useless government.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
juman:
Just five storey building, they could not get it right.

Useless government.

Is it govt dt built the house?

Govt houses are always well built. They usually use high end contractors and materials. I know people dt pound yam, on all floors, in all those festac buildings. None of them has collapsed (This building is not even up to 5 years).

If only state govts could use the same type of contractors for state roads, everywhere would look like abuja.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by ademoladeji(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
doctorgold:

if you ask me, no amount of autonomy will stop building collapse in lagos especially. it appears every Nigerian is generically wired to be corrupt and cut corners. we have so many agencies already whose job is to control development and ensure standards. I worked on a site in 2010 in Lekki phase one. men of the lagos state materials testing laboratory threatened to close down the site if we don't pay for non destructive tests. we paid, they came to conduct tests, till date, we have not got the result. every of these agencies are out to enrich their members of staff. what happened to Lagos state building control agency. ?

Thank you my Doc.

To be frank, autonomy would help a great deal in ensuring best practices.

Lagos Material Testing lab would be answerable to COREN if permitted by FG.

Look at the medical sector, NMA can sanction any hospital/clinic be it owned by private, state govt or fed govt. Same goes to NJC, NBA... These bodies aint answerable to any ministry.

Let's save COREN from fed Min of works and see the true picture of what I'm sayin

1 Like

Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Wize1: 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
ednut1:
Everyone knws Richard is fronting for a politician. Nothing will happen to him. TB Joshua self dem never judge hin case. The person dat always put sacrifice at ikate elegushi gate shud stop it. Ydae na head of ram dey inside the calabash grin

Lol! You see the Ram head too? It's really disgusting . In this 21st century.. I salute people that live around there sha. Driving by alone sef..cant look twice.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by kolexy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
lalasticlala:
Nigerians blast Lekki gardens after a collapsed building killed 18 people

Nigerians have taken to social media to slam popular real estate company, Lekki Gardens after a five storey building collapsed in Ikate Elegushi area of Lagos, killed 18 persons among whom was a woman and her three-year-old child.

Read Tweets below...
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/03/nigerians-blast-lekki-gardens-after.html?m=1

Lekki Gardens! Thank God I pulled out of that scam. A visit to their construction site would discourage any sensible person. RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
A few years ago, I saw the Lekki gardens advert so I paid a visit to 2 of their sites. The poor quality of the construction was so blatantly obvious from the outside, that i didnt even bother to visit their sales office. But even then, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think of structural collapse.
Re: Collapsed Building: Nigerians Slam Lekki-gardens by UncleJudax(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
Elijahrona2:
Big building can collapse anytime. I've never seen a face me i face you building that has collapsed before. Face me I face you buildings are actually made from standard materials unlike these big buildings that people just rush to complete.
Hahahaha. Face me I face no de heavy the ground na. Na bad raft foundation from greedy engineers de cause most of the collapse.

Make Lagos state government set up a unit in the ministry of housing to de go check construction sites to make sure dem de comply with standards.

No be only to de collect Land Use Money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Lafia Nasarawa State, Many Feared Dead (Graphic Photos) / Gas Cylinder Explosion Destroys Properties In Alapere, Lagos. 4 Persons Rescued / How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.