Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,389 members, 7,839,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said (1014 Views)

Kwankwaso Bails Northerners Arrested In Lagos Mile 12 Crisis (Photos) / Mile 12 Crisis: Seriki Fulani Apologises To Their Yoruba Hosts In Lagos. / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said by james669: 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2016
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu has charged the police and the Lagos state government to fish out and punish the culprits of the Mile 12 mayhem that claimed many lives and destroyed properties in the state.

The Oba blamed traditional rulers in Ketu and Ikosi communities for the inter-tribal clash saying the monarchs had prioritized extortion of the citizenry over administering the market area. He said “How many times did you hear that those (Hausa and Yoruba traders) around here fight? It can never happen around here. But you are too far from them. You said that they don’t respect you. It is because you kept demanding money from them, which I don’t do around here (Lagos Island). That is why you will have no respect among them.” And the Oba also supported the proposal by the state Assembly for the relocation of the popular Mile 12 market.

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/6267-oba-of-lagos-reacts-to-mile-12-crisis-see-what-he-said
Re: Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said by Untainted007: 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
I laugh at the king in Chinese. Pot is call kettle black. If they don't fight in his area does it mean he has been ruling well in his own eyes. So what he's saying is that, he doesnt take returns from the market women and men?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said by Ejanla07: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
I think say him go threaten dem with lagoon.

So he has nothing to say to the aboookis
Re: Oba Of Lagos Reacts To Mile 12 Crisis - See What He Said by akinszz: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
He don achieve what he wanted to achieve.
Ejanla07:
I think say him go threaten dem with lagoon.

So he has nothing to say to the aboookis

(1) (Reply)

Fashola- Trying Times For Buhari's Super Minister / James Ibori Listed In Panama Papers / Trump Bad Mouths Nigeria Again, Calls Buhari ‘insensible’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.