Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Kachikwu – We Have Not Unbundled NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu – We Have Not Unbundled NNPC (411 Views)

See Picture Of The New Unbundled NNPC / We’ve Not Unbundled NNPC- Kachikwu / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Kachikwu – We Have Not Unbundled NNPC by npress: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu has denied that the Federal Government unbundled the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.

The Minister while speaking to correspondents at the State House after a meeting with the Federal Executive Council, FEC, held at the Presidential Villa in Abuja said; “We have not unbundled NNPC. We had a press conference yesterday where I explained this. What we have simply done is reorganisation. We have five business entities focused on business: Upstream, Downstream, Refineries, Gas and Power that are there before.

“There is also Ventures that capture all our little companies that were not having proper stewardship. They are run by individuals who report to the GMD. The NNPC is still a whole. There is nothing new that has happened.

“I have tried to explain this and I am sure the NNPC workers are members of the family, they will understand. We are going to have a meeting, and they will be made to understand. Perhaps the engagement has not been good enough.

“NNPC has not been unbundled in the sense of breaking up NNPC into distinct institutions. I am concerned. I don’t want the industry shut down. I am sure we are going to resolve the issues very soon”.

http://www.nairapress.com/2016/03/09/kachikwu-not-unbundled-nnpc/

Re: Kachikwu – We Have Not Unbundled NNPC by Mynd44: 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2016

(1)

Gov Ortom Meets CBN Governor Over Loans For Benue Farmers (photos) / Should FG Accept Mtn's $1.5bn Instead Of The $5.2bn Fine? / NIGERIANS, I Hail O: Suffering And Smiling, Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.