Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream (6952 Views)

My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe / 1 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ingredients

5 egg yolks
175g sugar
450g milk
450g cream
Vanilla pod
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
Method

Bring milk to the boil

Cream egg yolks and sugar

Pour in warm milk and continue mixing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZneqGdjDc2M
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Cutehector(m): 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
All these indomie ladies wey no sabi do anythn for kitchen, oya come and watch.

2 Likes

Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 12:05am On Mar 10, 2016
Pour back into pan on a low heat and take off when it is just about to boil.

Put in the fridge to cool. You can even leave it overnight to cool .
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 12:11am On Mar 10, 2016
Once it has cooled down you pour in the cream and stir.

Then put on your ice cream maker if you haven't go one this can also be done by hand.
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 12:13am On Mar 10, 2016
To do it by hand

Once you get to this stage (called the custard stage)

Place in a plastic bowl and put in the freezer, just before it hardens take it out and whisk. Repeat this step about three times.
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Vanilla extract can be used but you wouldn't get those tiny black seeds usually found in altentic ice creams
. Or you can buy vanilla bean paste.
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 12:20am On Mar 11, 2016
You can also substitute mango for strawberry, or even banana etc

1 Like

Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
You can also leave out the eggs and use condensed milk and cream

1 Like

Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2016
marylandcakes:
You can also leave out the eggs and use condensed milk and cream

lovely
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Rubyventures:

lovely

Thanks
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 10:30am On Mar 15, 2016
marylandcakes:

Thanks

You are welcome
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rubyventures:

You are welcome

grin grin grin
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by madgoat(m): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
marylandcakes:
Ingredients

5 egg yolks
175g sugar
450g milk
450g cream
Vanilla pod

Plz where can one get cream to buy and how much is it?
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
madgoat:

You can get it to buy at shop rite or any of the big supermarkets. I don't know how much but it shouldn't be more than 500naira

1 Like

Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
madgoat:

Shoprite Ikeja
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
Rubyventures:

Shoprite Ikeja

Any of the shop totes should be fine.
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Riderboy(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2017
marylandcakes:
Vanilla extract can be used but you wouldn't get those tiny black seeds usually found in altentic ice creams
. Or you can buy vanilla bean paste.

Pls can you tell me where exactly I can get the vanilla pod or vanilla bean paste. Thanks
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 8:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Riderboy:

Pls can you tell me where exactly I can get the vanilla pod or vanilla bean paste. Thanks

Where are you based?
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Riderboy(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2017
marylandcakes:

Where are you based?

Lagos
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2017
Riderboy:

Lagos

You can try shoprite.
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Riderboy(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
marylandcakes:

You can try shoprite.

Ok.Thank you
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 4:26am On Aug 02, 2017
Riderboy:

Ok.Thank you

You are welcome
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
I need to make this ice cream today grin grin grin
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
marylandcakes:
Method

Bring milk to the boil

Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by Rubyventures: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ewan1:
I think this article will be truly enjoyable for food lovers best bus accident lawyers near me. The author has shared Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream recipe and also added a video of its preparation. He has explained everything about that day in detail. Thanks a lot for the blog.

Are you for real? this is the food section , What kind of legal services are you advertising in the food section?
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 6:24am On Aug 01, 2019
cool sad
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by chichidiana(f): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2019
For all your vanilla beans from Madagascar, Tahitian and vanilla extract please contact me or visit my Instagram handle at vanillaprincess_exclusive or call 08114508007,08029364840..
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by chichidiana(f): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2019
For all your vanilla beans from Madagascar, Tahitian and vanilla extract please contact me or visit my Instagram handle at vanillaprincess_exclusive
Re: Homemade Strawberry And Vanilla Ice Cream by marylandcakes: 10:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
marylandcakes:
Method

Bring milk to the boil

Let make some ice cream. Yu:yum yum

(1) (Reply)

This Watermelon Is The Most Disappointing Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life / Starting Upscale Resturants In Nigeria - Hospitality Business / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.