Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? (15984 Views)

Colombia Tops Group H As Senegal Gets Eliminated By Fair Play Rules / Bayern V PSG: What Will Happen? / Novak Djokovic Cries After He's Eliminated By Argentina's Juan Martin In 1st Rnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by akorebami(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2016
By Akorede Kameel

Just after the game I heard the pundits in the studio saying there was a sound of thudding music from PSG's dressing room in the Stamford Bridge and I asked myself, why not if not? I need no one to tell me before I know that such sound was nothing but a sound of a victory party. Not only have Chelsea gone out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage for the second successive season, the misery was also compounded by injuries to Diego Costa who did his best in the game before he went out and Eden Hazard who looked lost in front of goal after playing like he's being forced to stay on at Chelsea. The Blues can now only win the FA Cup and to be without one of the players mentioned above or both would be a serious setback before Saturday's quarter-final at Everton.

What direction does the club go in now? I think for the start of a new manager, he has to stake his claim on the team by letting few players leave while he gets new ones in the summer. There's no gain in saying there is need for a clear-out because that's exactly what the team needs to come back to their normal level next season. It's hard to believe this is the same team who were so good for so long in winning the title last year. If I want to find excuses, then I will say Paris St-Germain were able to rest most of their key players at the weekend having virtually already won the league but it was opposite for Chelsea that had a tough game against Stoke City. There is no amount of excuses that can take away the fact that the club failed massively to build on last year success and as a result has gone very backward this season. Huge spending is required in the summer if they want to genuinely compete at this level.

For Paris St-Germain, it was such a monumental effort in both the first and second half looking at the way they dominated possession. There was no energy for Chelsea at the start of the second half and once you drop off for this PSG side they will punish you. You can say they're a real outside bet to win this season's Champions League but not the favourite. Teams in Europe will want to avoid them? Don't think so. Barcelona will definitely be happy to play them than Bayern Munich but there is one thing in them that I cherish, the hunger to win the competition, if that will be enough is yet to be seen. PSG are just on another level to Chelsea at the moment, you can not blame the men in blue for that. The result shows that English football is seriously lacking in Europe. What is the answer to that? Sign quality players to compete with the ones ruling the European football.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by sprinter101(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2016
Same thing we do all year,go back n prepare for next season..and win trophies

5 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by abimbawealth(f): 1:09am On Mar 10, 2016
What next?? ? Sit, sulk over the lost game na, you know that will make us qualify for next year's edition.. .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by fF01(m): 6:25am On Mar 10, 2016
Eden Hazard?? God! dah boy was awful. Sell him already.

4 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by akorebami(m): 7:56am On Mar 10, 2016
fF01:
Eden Hazard?? God! dah boy was awful. Sell him already.
Can you imagine? In a game of such magnitude, that would be the second time he was willing to come out of a game this season when he knew he could not give his all.

1 Like

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by unitysheart(m): 10:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Hahaha. Chelshit

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by unitysheart(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
mods. Abeg help us push this to the front make we for laugh.

4 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by igboboy3(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
| What's next for the Blues?

They should start singing the reggae

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Ojestas(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
We ll be back, better and stronger!!! KTBFFH . . COYB!!

Chelsea fans, like if u believe

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Zico5(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2016
The fact is that things cannot be going ur way all the time. I watched the game and I want to state that chelsea need to work on some areas which are so glaring. The striking force this season is nothing to write home about. U need good backup to make incredible significance. Injury is part of the game and the management should try and invest more for better performance. To me, Chelsea season is over but the only consolation is FA cup.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by ShitHead(m): 11:56am On Mar 10, 2016
The blues? Blue sky is their limit.

3 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by WASMOG(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2016
Ok
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by greatness22(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2016
What's next for the blues?

They should CHANGE their name to Leicester United. #Dazzol. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by buskie13(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2016
agbero club....wen man utd got eliminated... we no see anything like 'man utd eliminated from cpl group stage..what's next for d red devils o'...yeye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by emmabest2000(m): 11:57am On Mar 10, 2016
sprinter101:
Same thing we do all year,go back n prepare for next season..and win trophies
Mou said it all ... grin

8 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by gerrardomendes(m): 11:59am On Mar 10, 2016
last night I didn't hear any noise after the game...I knew chelshit had lost

3 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by GlassDoc: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nice...FA cup is a must win, if not...hmmm
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by daxon001(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Relegation grin

4 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by KAYD007(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
The Blues should go to relegation already... tongue

5 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by 69MissedCalls(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
na arsenal case dey vex me pass. this is supposed to be our year to win the league but we are just allowing the opportunity pass us by.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by emerged01(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hazard killed chelsea yesterday. He has concluded in his mind that nothing can make him stay in stamford bridge next season.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Chuksyno(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
The trophy you are calling is currently switched off against you, please try again later.

11 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Beehshorp(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
Chelsea is the best team in England.. I keep repeating it.. If chelsea were as good as arsenal utd city or liverpool dis season leceister won't be topping the league.. The club is in transition they overworked themselves last season and early dis season there were hitches which chelsea has responded brilliantly to... We are not the first english team to be eliminated.. So we get a good coach before then we winthe FA cup.. Everton won't do no shii on saturday I can bet my left arm on that..
Hoping to see Simeone or Pochettino at the helm of affairs nxt season if dey aren't available retain Hiddink cos I don't know and av never heard of conte..

Modified: "I don't know and av never heard of conte" as used in the speech above doesn't imply that I don't know who conte is or what he achieved with Juve its just that I don't like the man and I look at him as someone who wouldn't stand a chance against mou pep klopp wenger poch in england

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by timidapsin(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hazard tried his best... He has been managing injuries for a while.. Chelsea would be back as always. smiley
Happy birthday Chelsea fc

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by ogaofficer(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Buy better players. That can serve as backup players for our main players.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by richidinho(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
FA cup
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by martineinstein(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
D question should av been,'wats nxt 4 epl?'..ucl is no longer for 2nd tier league;not for clubs that pack the bus.the ucl is now being won by teams with best attacking style..epl is dead!..its a pity dat epl will loose its 4th spot in ucl if man city fails to get to semis...with dix,arsenal favourite 4th spot will bcome history

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by slap1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Chelshitgrin
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by hob(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Ebi3go(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
after the blues play the reggae, a loss is a loss

1 Like

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by fF01(m): 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
unitysheart:
mods. Abeg help us push this to the front make we for laugh.
what's funny??
for we Chelsea fans dis is a serious issue dah needs to b addressed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Super Eagles Are No Match For Us" - Benin Fans / Sport Activities In Enugu Today (photos Included) / Pictures Of 2012 London Olympics-Closing Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.