Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? (16006 Views)

Colombia Tops Group H As Senegal Gets Eliminated By Fair Play Rules / Bayern V PSG: What Will Happen? / Novak Djokovic Cries After He's Eliminated By Argentina's Juan Martin In 1st Rnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by yoged(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
amazingspiderma:
Though not a Chelsea fan,but one of the major source of worry was Willian. He holds on to the ball unnecessarily, If he had the same chance that Di Maria had to cross the ball for the second goal,he would still trap the ball and try to beat the approaching defender. He timing to release the ball was poor and ineffective, which was why the PSG defenders easily recovered.
bless you . He is a good player . But lacks vision . He hold on to the ball way too much and don't really look up to get the ball to other players in a good position
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by fF01(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
1wolex85:

If you have never heard of conte then you are not a football fan. The other two candidates you mentioned have only thrived as underdogs, they are untested at a club where you are expected to win, Conte is tested at that level.
Diego Simeone no b underdog o! no just think am, incase u dnt knw, knw today. He is better dan Conte.
#Fact!
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
once Chelsea is in the news this man united fans wnt allow us to hear word, after all their spending last year off season yet they clash out of CL @ the group stage, make una chill Liverpool gonna hit una front n back @ Europa league. blues 4 life u win some u lose some thatz life.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:

Hoping to see Simeone or Pochettino at the helm of affairs nxt season if dey aren't available retain Hiddink cos I don't know and av never heard of conte

You are a new footie fan. The emboldened confirms that
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by dotcomnamename: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
Chelsea is the best team in England.. I keep repeating it.. If chelsea were as good as arsenal utd city or liverpool dis season leceister won't be topping the league.. The club is in transition they overworked themselves last season and early dis season there were hitches which chelsea has responded brilliantly to... We are not the first english team to be eliminated.. So we get a good coach before then we winthe FA cup.. [s]Everton won't do no shii on saturday I can bet my left arm on that..[/s]
Hoping to see Simeone or Pochettino at the helm of affairs nxt season if dey aren't available retain Hiddink cos I don't know and av never heard of conte

''Everton won't do no shii on saturday I can bet my left arm on that..''

[size=20pt]Pride goes before a fall.. Na so you brag, brag, brag, until Bradford City kicked you out of the FA Cup last season at your stadium[/size] undecided

5 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by engrjacuzzi: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Remy, matic, Pedro, terry, begovic, and others should be axed.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by stancod(m): 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
akorebami:
Can you imagine? In a game of such magnitude, that would be the second time he was willing to come out of a game this season when he knew he could not give his all.
that was why Mourinho said"his players betray him". I rememba d time of Drogba,Lampard,Ballack,Terry & co they will never give up even if they're playing wit 1leg.They did it against Napoli dat took Chelsea 2 final nd won d Champions League

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by fF01(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
engrjacuzzi:
Remy, matic, Pedro, terry, begovic, and others should be axed.
ur list is incomplete. Hazard, Mikel, Fabregas, Cahill, Ivanovic nd Costa nid to go too.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by SamConquer(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
Chelsea is the best team in England.. I keep repeating it.. If chelsea were as good as arsenal utd city or liverpool dis season leceister won't be topping the league.. The club is in transition they overworked themselves last season and early dis season there were hitches which chelsea has responded brilliantly to... We are not the first english team to be eliminated.. So we get a good coach before then we winthe FA cup.. Everton won't do no shii on saturday I can bet my left arm on that..
Conte?come on guy,Chelsea need a very tactical and Charismatic Coach like Conte.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by abbey621(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
Even if we don't win anything for the next 3 years we would still be okay. Seriously, we need to rebuild the team around young fresh talent like Kennedy. Chelsea's youth team has been dominant for the past few years, I see no reason why some of those talents can't be transferred into the senior team; worse come to worst they'll perform the way Fabregas and Hazard performed this season. The club needs to sell Hazard and Oscar then use the money to buy two young but solid defenders and a striker.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
Overrated crap league called EPL they can't even qualify to QF for years now.

1 Like

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
martineinstein:
D question should av been,'wats nxt 4 epl?'..ucl is no longer for 2nd tier league;not for clubs that pack the bus.the ucl is now being won by teams with best attacking style..epl is dead!..its a pity dat epl will loose its 4th spot in ucl if man city fails to get to semis...with dix,arsenal favourite 4th spot will bcome history

Spot on bro. U will still be bashed. Watch this space
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Goodnuel: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
Chelsea is the best team in England.. I keep repeating it.. If chelsea were as good as arsenal utd city or liverpool dis season leceister won't be topping the league.. The club is in transition they overworked themselves last season and early dis season there were hitches which chelsea has responded brilliantly to... We are not the first english team to be eliminated.. So we get a good coach before then we winthe FA cup.. Everton won't do no shii on saturday I can bet my left arm on that..
You never heard of Conte?? shocked
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by 1wolex85: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
fF01:

Diego Simeone no b underdog o! no just think am, incase u dnt knw, knw today. He is better dan Conte.
#Fact!

Oga say what you know. Nothing is fact and comparing coaches is the hardest thing to do because no 2 coaches work under the exact same conditions. I did not call simeone an underdog, read again, he has thrived at a club where he is not expected to win! if he comes 3rd behind madrid and barca, he wont be sacked but if he was coaching madrid or barca and comes 3rd, he will be sacked, that is the difference.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by pek(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
Plagiarism! This is not your story. You could have stated the source of the original story.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by ronaldbecky(m): 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
Hoping to see Simeone or Pochettino at the helm of affairs nxt season if dey aren't available retain Hiddink cos I don't know and av never heard of conte..

Modified: "I don't know and av never heard of conte" as used in the speech above doesn't imply that I don't know who conte is or what he achieved with Juve its just that I don't like the man and I look at him as someone who wouldn't stand a chance against mou pep klopp wenger poch in england
...mr man go sit down,wch 1 b best team.
where r dey nw...every season mata nt back or b4..u r loss man..see u next season
leceister city is d best team 4 nw..am a barca fan
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by ronaldbecky(m): 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:
Hoping to see Simeone or Pochettino at the helm of affairs nxt season if dey aren't available retain Hiddink cos I don't know and av never heard of conte..

Modified: "I don't know and av never heard of conte" as used in the speech above doesn't imply that I don't know who conte is or what he achieved with Juve its just that I don't like the man and I look at him as someone who wouldn't stand a chance against mou pep klopp wenger poch in england
...mr man go sit down,wch 1 b best team.
where r dey nw...every season mata nt back or b4..u r loss man..see u next season
leceister city is d best team 4 nw..BARCA 4LIFE
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by akorebami(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
Beehshorp:

Lets give him the chance first to come. Simeone and Pochettino are already hook up, their clubs wont allow them to leave but Conte will become available after Euro 2016.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Rikidony(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
if we don't invest next season we are doomed, we need key players not average ones
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by fF01(m): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga say what you know. Nothing is fact and comparing coaches is the hardest thing to do because no 2 coaches work under the exact same conditions. I did not call simeone an underdog, read again, he has thrived at a club where he is not expected to win! if he comes 3rd behind madrid and barca, he wont be sacked but if he was coaching madrid or barca and comes 3rd, he will be sacked, that is the difference.
well..ok! bur d reason i said fact was cuz twaz easy for me to chose between dem both considering d materials nd working environment at both disposal. Cuz wen Conte dominated d Seria A, AcMilan nd Inter were sh!t at dah time, d only decent teams wer Napoli nd Roma. In europe Juve wer nowhr to b found, den wen Juve was talking abou selling Vidal nd Pogba "2013/2014 season i suppose" he told dem not to sell dem or else he would leave. when d talk intensified, he jumped ship. Now Massimiliano Allegri dat i dnt rate highly came still won d league nd went on 2 d finals of the champions league, nd look at this season he's still doing ok wit beta competition from rivals. Without Vidal nd Tevez o. My broda anyaw person wan argue dis mata Simeone beta pass Conte, except ofcus he proves me wrong at the Euros.
#MyOpinionThou.

1 Like

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by ajimega: 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
69MissedCalls:
na arsenal case dey vex me pass. this is supposed to be our year to win the league but we are just allowing the opportunity pass us by.

AND IT SHALL ALWAYS PASS U BY. STUPID AND SENSELESS CLUB. MY BLUES ARE BETTER
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by KAYD007(m): 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
Tonymegabush1:
once Chelsea is in the news this man united fans wnt allow us to hear word, after all their spending last year off season yet they clash out of CL @ the group stage, make una chill Liverpool gonna hit una front n back @ Europa league. blues 4 life u win some u lose some thatz life.

Liverpool na chicken change, watch and learn and see how we go use them play pool

1 Like

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Blackops(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
RELEGATION kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by stonemasonn: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
claremont:
I think Guus Hiddink should be given the permanent role of manager at the club. He has been able to stabilize the sinking ship and gotten us to mid-table from the relegation zone. He is a good manager and has proven it time and time again in all the clubs he has managed.
He is too old
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by unitysheart(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Show us the link on bbc or you simply shut up.
litetias:
undecided
You should be man enough to admit tgat tgis article was not written by you but lifted by you off BBC Sport
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by jerusalem101: 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
The only way out is for Conte to come in and build his own team with players that will be loyal to him,the club, unbundle the mafia who thinks they own the club( hazard and co). It was Guardiola's decision to sell Eto, Ronaldinho and Deco, that help him succeed in Barca, so chelsea need a very obstinate and no nonsense coach to get the club back at it feet, not the undue inerferance of the board (Abrahamovich).
Fergy and Wenger succeeded because they were given free hands to rule, so Abrahamovich should allow his coaches do same.
Blue 4 life, but love JM to next life.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Taeewo(m): 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ntooooorrr
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Goodnuel: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
jerusalem101:
The only way out is for Conte to come in and build his own team with players that will be loyal to him,the club, unbundle the mafia who thinks they own the club( hazard and co). It was Guardiola's decision to sell Eto, Ronaldinho and Deco, that help him succeed in Barca, so chelsea need a very obstinate and no nonsense coach to get the club back at it feet, not the undue inerferance of the board (Abrahamovich).
Fergy and Wenger succeeded because they were given free hands to rule, so Abrahamovich should allow his coaches do same.
Blue 4 life, but love JM to next life.
Bro, don't mention Wenger and Success in a sentence.

2 Likes

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
KAYD007:

Liverpool na chicken change, watch and learn and see how we go use them play pool

really wow kudos 2 u guys but dnt cum bck heartbroken cus i will remember ur name
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by 1wolex85: 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
fF01:

well..ok! bur d reason i said fact was cuz twaz easy for me to chose between dem both considering d materials nd working environment at both disposal. Cuz wen Conte dominated d Seria A, AcMilan nd Inter were sh!t at dah time, d only decent teams wer Napoli nd Roma. In europe Juve wer nowhr to b found, den wen Juve was talking abou selling Vidal nd Pogba "2013/2014 season i suppose" he told dem not to sell dem or else he would leave. when d talk intensified, he jumped ship. Now Massimiliano Allegri dat i dnt rate highly came still won d league nd went on 2 d finals of the champions league, nd look at this season he's still doing ok wit beta competition from rivals. Without Vidal nd Tevez o. My broda anyaw person wan argue dis mata Simeone beta pass Conte, except ofcus he proves me wrong at the Euros.
#MyOpinionThou.

My point is, you never can predict how a coach will do when he moves to a club with real pressure. David Moyes was very good at Everton, even leading Everton to champions league qualification places at some point, he went to Man u and his life has never remained the same since. Andre Villas Boas was hot property when he led Porto to a treble, he went to Chelsea and didnt do well, he has had relative success with Spurs and Zenit after then. Manuel Pellegrini did well with Villarreal and Malaga but flopped at Madrid, Man city is the only big team where he has succeded. Brendan Rodgers, from Swansea to Liverpool, only one good season when he came second and never won anything.

Yes Conte didnt crack Europe but he is a top coach in my opinion especially when it comes to tactics and I agree that Massimiliano Allegri has improved upon Conte's job in Turin.
My point is, I dont think it is really easy to compare coaches, look at how Simeone plays, if he coaches Madrid, are you sure he will cope with that style of play? Look at Capello, that guy wins league titles but doesn't really do well in cups, no coach has it all and I dont think its that easy to say one is better than the other.
Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by onyxo76(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
KAYD007:

oh my bad. They are already relegated from the champions league and will remain there till 2017/2018 opps...even by then, they may be sweating it out in the championship or league 1...have your pick grin
bros i don't understand your concept , how does a team get relegated from a competition, ie champions league? the one i know is when you fall from one league to a lower league that is relegation. maybe what you mean is that they will not qualify for champions league next season abi? anyway chelsea has too much to go into championship or league 1 as you envisage, even with a horrendous season which everyone now knows was a set up to get JM out of his position, chelsea has already managed to get to 10th and will probably make even further progress up the table.

As for the loss to PSG, that one no get any argument, PSG was simply fantastic and out played cheslea every way-no mature chelsea will lay claims to anything in that match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Champions League: Chelsea Eliminated By PSG - What's Next For The Blues? by Sheguama: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
Who come remain for the team na oga?

fF01:

ur list is incomplete. Hazard, Mikel, Fabregas, Cahill, Ivanovic nd Costa nid to go too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onuachu Scores Hatrick To Power Genk Past RFC Seraing / Pictures Of 2012 London Olympics-Closing Ceremony / Aston Villa Sign Barkley From Chelsea On A Season-long Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.