Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps (25490 Views)

I Need A Graphic Designer In Lagos For A Freelance Job / I Need A Graphic Designer For A Logo And Facebook Post Graphics / How To Make Money As A Graphic Designer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by InZA: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2016
DerrickM:
Well said*winks winks*

grin Thanks man grin
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ugotex85: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Goldenheart:

you can get it on xara.com, aliexpress.
FREE?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Pls am also looking for a tutor on graphic design,pls whatsapp me for your terms and condition 07060580291, lagos location
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by DerrickM(m): 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Noted. Do you have any app preferences or don't have any idea?!!

GENERALCASHMIR:
Pls am also looking for a tutor on graphic design,pls whatsapp me for your terms and condition 07060580291, lagos location
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by bosperky: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
CoolSmithz:

I teach graphic designing, animation, ,(3d inclusive), animated videos, I can teach you with over 10 softwares....
Check my dp for an animated picture of myself

for 3d and motion graphic which software can you teach?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by bosperky: 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
tunesoft:
So I need help to make some designs. Who is interested in doing biz?
what's the info msg me on +918122402802
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ePlanet: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2016
tunesoft:
So I need help to make some designs. Who is interested in doing biz?

We can help you.....

What is the Project about?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by U2ice(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Archmage:
I wish it were as easy as OP stated.

ure not alone... easy to say
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by momysgirly(f): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Goldenheart:

Female Designer, Can We Rub Minds grin
ok
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Emmeritus:
aait;M interested
check this thread "2d animation learning thread" via art, graphics and video section.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
Kunle106:
interested
check my thread via art, graphics and video section titled 2d animation learning thread
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Olivialight(f): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2016
pls how and where can I get those icons for business card, like icon for location, message, Facebook, Instagram ,phone no etc . thank you
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by DerrickM(m): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2016
@OLIVIALIGHT: I believe you are trying to make a logo for yourself. Check this Google link I did on your behalf on logo sites I use

http://www.google.com/m?q=Logo+sites

For social media icons e.g facebook get on Google type in the search tab "facebook logo+jpg" or any other icon you need this system works,best regards...

Olivialight:
pls how and where can I get those icons for business card, like icon for location, message, Facebook, Instagram ,phone no etc . thank you

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by josh4christ(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2016
KingRex1:
I can teach you for real. Coreldraw, autocad nd revit.
goodday. Pls i want to clerify something. If you wana do a graphic design. I.e someone wants a design for bags n cloths. Do i create them in digital first and how do i put them on the bags n cloths
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello OP can you give tips on coming up with a brand name? That's something I struggle with
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by SonOfaNobody(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
In need of a female Graphics designer in Osun State... WhatsApp 07065042132
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by y4code(m): 11:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
chubbyswit:
if you're interested in learning everything about 2d animation, video and audio editing for free indicate.
where is ur location bro i really want to learn animation
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 4:03am On Nov 26, 2016
y4code:
you can whatsapp me using my no on my signature if you are in based in enugu or follow my thread here https://www.nairaland.com/2985387/2d-animaton-learning-thread
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by chubbyswit(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
y4code:
if you are in Enugu, then hit me up via whatsapp using the number on my signature
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Tex42(m): 11:54pm On May 29, 2017
ePlanet:
and while at it, dont forget that graphics dsg is 80% inspiration, 20% work.
and to bring your tots into reality, u have to have a flair for it because you can spend all day sometimes, working on a 'LINE' within a project to get it just right. most times, the money isnt just kul and if you dont have large scale printers yet, you basically be working for the print press, but let these not discourage you, keep at it.

Your joy is in:
1) the sparkle on the client's face when they sees the quality work.

2) seeing your designs all over the place: tvs, internet, bill boards and the likes!

and ofcos, the pay.

Points to Note:

Charge like Julius Berger if you have to, but never compromise on quality Printing.

Have a standard, and dont go below it no matter what even if the client goes to do it somewhere else.

have a jotter you write out names of each project and each and every want of the client, dont forget to have samples on hand(printed, always print extra copies of all projects)/softcopy cos most clients wano see what you have done before.

Dont forget to tell the Client that you wud be needing a week at the very minimum to get the job delivered( this is to give you some breathing space so u can concentrate on thinking up ideas) but strive to get it ready in 3 days, deliver on time. Never fail. if you think u cant deliver b4 the time line and u have given them that assurance, call them on the fifth day to explain, never wait till they come for it.

if they want the job delivered in less than a week, that is express service, you charge double/triple the amount you would have normally charged and make sure u deliver!

for more tips , just quote this....

EPLANET ICT SOLUTIONS not only design but we teach same and other packages too! Our materials which get updated every two months, are all made from experience in this terrain.

NB: if you want to learn anything, find those that have experience using same and have them teach you. that way u have the best of both worlds. Not those that just watch some vids or read some books.

which town/city do u reside pls...
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Tex42(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2017
Really need a tutor on:
graphic design,
animation/cartooning,
Web design and development.
If u reside in Awka or Ilorin, let talk pls.
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by ibrahim4real99(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2017
D
Tex42:
Really need a tutor on:

graphic design,

animation/cartooning,

Web design and development.

If u reside in Awka or Ilorin, let talk pls.
I study at LAUTECH and I have been a Graphic designer for years, you can contact me on 08096603908
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by odimbannamdi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
konoha86:
KONOHA.... Illustrator, Photographer, Motion Gfx Artist, Video Editor, Vfx Artist and Graphic Designer.

Nice write up.

Find me - 07034377127, 5EEEA94D.

Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by odimbannamdi(m): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
ePlanet:
and while at it, dont forget that graphics dsg is 80% inspiration, 20% work.
and to bring your tots into reality, u have to have a flair for it because you can spend all day sometimes, working on a 'LINE' within a project to get it just right. most times, the money isnt just kul and if you dont have large scale printers yet, you basically be working for the print press, but let these not discourage you, keep at it.

Your joy is in:
1) the sparkle on the client's face when they sees the quality work.

2) seeing your designs all over the place: tvs, internet, bill boards and the likes!

and ofcos, the pay.

Points to Note:

Charge like Julius Berger if you have to, but never compromise on quality Printing.

Have a standard, and dont go below it no matter what even if the client goes to do it somewhere else.

have a jotter you write out names of each project and each and every want of the client, dont forget to have samples on hand(printed, always print extra copies of all projects)/softcopy cos most clients wano see what you have done before.

Dont forget to tell the Client that you wud be needing a week at the very minimum to get the job delivered( this is to give you some breathing space so u can concentrate on thinking up ideas) but strive to get it ready in 3 days, deliver on time. Never fail. if you think u cant deliver b4 the time line and u have given them that assurance, call them on the fifth day to explain, never wait till they come for it.

if they want the job delivered in less than a week, that is express service, you charge double/triple the amount you would have normally charged and make sure u deliver!

for more tips , just quote this....

EPLANET ICT SOLUTIONS not only design but we teach same and other packages too! Our materials which get updated every two months, are all made from experience in this terrain.

NB: if you want to learn anything, find those that have experience using same and have them teach you. that way u have the best of both worlds. Not those that just watch some vids or read some books.

Cool!

How can i reach you?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by odimbannamdi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
Jidefido:
In my own candid opinion, to have the best of graphics designing, I must say using Adobe software such as InDesign is better than Corel draw. Corel draw is old compared to InDesign which is user friendly, modern.

Can you share me the link to download InDesign?
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by odimbannamdi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
InZA:
Let there be clean, aesthetically appealing design...

and there was Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign

Let there be bland looking designs...

and there was CorelDraw.

Please don't quote me if you're a fan of Coreldraw angry angry

Lol
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by Jidefido(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Can you share me the link to download InDesign?

Its a software which u have to buy. Sorry for the very late response pls
Re: How To Become A Graphic Designer In 4 Steps by nonny1212: 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
InZA:
Let there be clean, aesthetically appealing design...

and there was Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign

Let there be bland looking designs...

and there was CorelDraw.

Please don't quote me if you're a fan of Coreldraw angry angry
you nailed it jare!!! 2018 adobe cc na monster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Houses / Some Amazing Body Painting pictures / Drawing Of Kiss Daniel By Nevetsibot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.