Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

The New Trend In Total Filling Stations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Trend In Total Filling Stations (826 Views)

Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness / The Official Fuel Price At Total Filling Station Today 12 May, 2016 Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Trend In Total Filling Stations by adahib: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
I noticed a disturbing trend in total filling stations the last few times i went to buy fuel. when i asked the attendant to fill my tank,i was told that i had to buy their insecticide for 500 naira. Failure to do that meant i had to buy nothing more than 2,500 naira worth of fuel.

After quarreling and all,I had no other option than to buy the insecticide because I needed to fill my tank. The next time I went to another total filling station, I was met with similar conditions. I demanded to see the manager who reiterated the terms.I felt frustrated but I had to buy.

I don't know if this is only applicable to total filling stations located in calabar. Also,is this legal or are they just capitalizing on the fuel scarcity to sell their insecticides to desperate citizens?

Who else has experienced this?
Re: The New Trend In Total Filling Stations by ckmayoca: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
People ain't buying that product, so they had to push it out via that meaans. I experienced it last year tho.
Re: The New Trend In Total Filling Stations by adahib: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
ckmayoca:
People ain't buying that product, so they had to push it out via that meaans. I experienced it last year tho.

That's true, nobody is buying that product but forcing it on customers is just wrong...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria needs $500m to fix refineries----VANGUARD / Which State Political Territory Does The Islands On River Niger Falls Under / Wike To 'summersault' Amaechis Head!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.