Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler (1331 Views)

Malami Sends Names Of Six Judges To DSS For Probe - CJN writes Buhari / Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR / Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by BlakkBoi(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
There are indications that President Muhammadu Buhari’s regime is putting undue pressure on judges to bend the rule in anti-corruption and terrorism related cases especially as it relates to the agitators of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
The Whistler learnt from a highly placed judicial official that the investigation of judges by the Department of State Security (DSS) and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was to find ‘evidence’ to use in blackmailing the judges handling corruption and terrorism cases to do the bidding of the president.

It would be recalled that in January, President Buhari while on a visit to Ethiopia for an Africa Union Summit, accused the judiciary of being his greatest worry in the anti-corruption war.

In a meeting with the Nigerian community in Addis Ababa, Buhari said: “On the fight against corruption vis-à-vis the judiciary, Nigerians will be right to say that is my main headache for now.

“If you reflect on what I went through for twelve years when I wanted to be the president, I attempted three times.

“At the fourth attempt, through God and the use of technology, it was possible for Nigerians to elect an APC candidate as president.

“In my first attempt in 2003, I ended up at the Supreme Court and for 13 months I was in court.

“The second attempt in 2007, I was in court close to 20 months, and in 2011, my third attempt, I was also in court for nine months.

“All these cases went up to the Supreme Court until the fourth time in 2015, when God agreed that I will be President of Nigeria,’’

The source stressed that the trial of Mr. Ricky Tarfa and Dr. Joseph Nwobike, both Senior Advocates of Nigeria, was part of the grand design by hawks of the administration to force the hands of judge from respecting the fundamental human rights of accused persons which says they are innocent until proven guilty.

“I can tell you that judges are in for a rude shock as the Buhari government has gone all out to ensure that they do his bidding, whether it is according to the law or not.

Source: http://thewhistler.ng/story/buhari-blackmails-judges-to-bend-the-law
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Immatex(m): 11:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
True talk
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Paperwhite(m): 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
The president should recall that he that comes to equity must do so with a clean hand.He should also recall that he will not be president forever.Now he should let posterity be fair to him by being fair himself as he swore to abide by the Nigerian constitution otherwise he may one day be a victim of his present demeanor.A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
this publication is trying to achieve something. by this publication, i would not be surprised if the special adviser on media and publicity denies it.
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by dechriscool(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
No matter the amount of gene knockout you do to a dictator.You can't never knockout dictationship from him.It is even more dangerous to give power to a man without wisdom.I don't understand why a country president can't approach issues with diplomacy.Always paranoid on issues that doesn't favour him without hiding his displeasures.Naija is in for a long Walk.God deliver US from agents of chain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by onatisi(m): 12:28am On Mar 11, 2016
dechriscool:
No matter the amount of gene knockout you do to a dictator.You can't never knockout dictationship from him.It is even more dangerous to give power to a man without wisdom.I don't understand why a country president can't approach issues with diplomacy.Always paranoid on issues that doesn't favour him without hiding his displeasures.Naija is in for a long journey.God deliver US from agents of chain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Ola17: 1:39am On Mar 11, 2016
Same way the economic condition is almost bending Nigerians like crayfish。
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Obipat(m): 3:44am On Mar 11, 2016
How do you expect a drop out to obey rule of law? Does he know the meaning?
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by Aufbauh(m): 4:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Even though this report is speculative there's nothing wrong for the judiciary to toll the line of Mr President if the occasion is for the general good of Nigerians and not one useless claim of an individual rights. After all the law is made for the people, and not the people for the law.

As for those that will wail simply because it is not business as usual or comply with your unpatriotic expectations, Mr President was elected to defend the interest of Nigeria and he does so according to his discretions not blackmail nor warped parochial interest.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by blackpanda: 5:16am On Mar 11, 2016
Yes Buhari is right. The judiciary is one of the biggest problems in Nigeria. We are all aware of the Rickey tarfar case. That is how justice works in nigeria: highest bidder!

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by blackpanda: 5:18am On Mar 11, 2016
Paperwhite:
The president should recall that he that comes to equity must do so with a clean hand.He should also recall that he will not be president forever.Now he should let posterity be fair to him by being fair himself as he swore to abide by the Nigerian constitution otherwise he may one day be a victim of his present demeanor.A word is enough for the wise.

You have said absolutely nothing.
What really is your point How has buhari not been fair

1 Like

Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by realestworld(m): 5:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Who b this whistlers again na?
Una dey fine national food 2?
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by omaguibu(m): 8:02am On Mar 11, 2016
Democratic dictatorship in rulership has replaced Democratic liberalism in governance
Re: Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler by keally: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2016
Aufbauh:
Even though this report is speculative there's nothing wrong for the judiciary to toll the line of Mr President if the occasion is for the general good of Nigerians and not one useless claim of an individual rights. After all the law is made for the people, and not the people for the law.

As for those that will wail simply because it is not business as usual or comply with your unpatriotic expectations, Mr President was elected to defend the interest of Nigeria and he does so according to his discretions not blackmail nor warped public interest.
. I thank God bc he knows how to reward everyone. According to you, it does not matter if people's right are trampled upon. I pray a prayer for you, MAY YOUR RIGHTS BE TRAMPLED UPON SOONEST, can I hear your Amen?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram In Trouble: Final Showdown, 10,000 Hunters Set To Storm Sambisa / Buhari Soon To Jet Off To China / BREAKING! Fulani Herdsmen Declare War On part of nigeria In A Released video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.